[ Variety ] Youth Over Flowers 꽃보다 청춘

gals!!! Juck is appearing tomorrow on MBC Radio as the special guest of Yoo Jae Suk's radio show ( he's replacing Tablo as a onde day DJ for a new project  Infinity Challenge !!! ) :
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/09/yoo-jae-suk-and-jung-jun-ha-to-take-over-tablo-and-kim-shin-youngs-radio-shows-as-special-djs-for-infinity-challenge

Since both are close to Hee Yeol perhaps there's a chance they might talk about funny incidents from the trip :P:P 

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read on DB that Na PD will have a new show with Seo Jin hosting, and the Americans are interested in remaking their version of Flowers Over Grandpa. Good things are coming out of this series. So happy for Na PD, the evil genius deserves it. :)
http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/09/grandpas-over-flowers-gets-remade-for-american-tv/http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/09/na-pd-baits-lee-seo-jin-to-headline-new-variety-show/

fourleafclover said: I read on DB that Na PD will have a new show with Seo Jin hosting, and the Americans are interested in remaking their version of Flowers Over Grandpa. Good things are coming out of this series. So happy for Na PD, the evil genius deserves it. :)
http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/09/grandpas-over-flowers-gets-remade-for-american-tv/http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/09/na-pd-baits-lee-seo-jin-to-headline-new-variety-show/

Juck was a guest on Jaesuk's radio show 'Yoo JaeSuk Dreaming Radio' at MBC radio yesterday 10 PM KST. It's one of Infinite Challenge special where the members take over the regular radio show just for a day. It's one of the best and its so funny compared to the rest, esp because Juck came as the guest. He sang a few of his song live with guitar. If I'm not mistaken he's promoting a world tour, but I'm not so sure. You could check the podcast on MBC radio maybe around later today.

alzalya said: Juck was a guest on Jaesuk's radio show 'Yoo JaeSuk Dreaming Radio' at MBC radio yesterday 10 PM KST. It's one of Infinite Challenge special where the members take over the regular radio show just for a day. It's one of the best and its so funny compared to the rest, esp because Juck came as the guest. He sang a few of his song live with guitar. If I'm not mistaken he's promoting a world tour, but I'm not so sure. You could check the podcast on MBC radio maybe around later today.

Here's the translation from Lee Juck's interview about his music and playing for baby Seya. I notice that LJ expresses himself eloquently in a straight-forward way that's different than Yoon Sang and Hee Yeol. It's interesting how these three can be so alike (like HY said) but their personalities are so attuned to the image they give off. 
Starting from Na PD's mention of LJ's work habits - sound checking everywhere, humming, etc.

LJ was the only one who kept humming songs by himself in the middle of the trip.

In his vast mind there are only music notes.

Eventually using his instinct with the local music to create the Naska song.

Solo album release… no way…

LJ: I wrote my first song in my first year of high school.

VJ/PD: But you didn’t think you would succeed in the music industry.

Like a comet, he rose into the world of songs (gayo) when he was barely 20.

LJ: That’s right.

Then "Snail" became popular, and also "Lefty" also gain some popularity.

*Discography Compilation*

At that time, his music carries a message directly to society.

Giving everyone a fresh impact.

Q: Do you still have many things you want to say from your heart?

LJ: I’m not sure, honestly speaking, I was really just showing off.

The truth is the 20 year old Lee Juck was showing off. 

LJ: “Could you continue to make that kind of music?” Everywhere I go, I’d meet people who asked this question.

Many people are still looking for the showy 20 year old LJ.

LJ: Then I’d think, could I really make that kind of music again?

But he’s no longer 20 years old…

*video call scene at the hostel*

LJ: Seya ah~~

Seya: Daddy~

At his age now, he’s shouldering more responsibility.

LJ: Bye, daddy loves you~

LJ: It seems as if my heart is welcoming this peace.

The LJ now always feels at peace.

LJ: That’s what I feel right now.

Back then, it was really like waves rising and falling. (idiom equivalent to “like a roller coaster")

The rushing edginess of the 20 year old was surging like great waves.

LJ: My heart was like that.

It’s possible, they can only hear the 20 year old Lee Juck singing songs from back then.

Fans who longed for the 20 year old LJ became disappointed in his music, it’s a matter that everyone will have to accept.

LJ: At my concert people would tell me to stop singing _______  (Not sure about the song title, in Chinese it's something like "Happiness Return from the Past") Since most people think that way, I could accommodate a bit.

But over time, I want to write a lot of songs that everyone can enjoy.

For him, he still wants to persist in his music activities, he wants to write more to connect with people’s understanding.

I still have that kind of a dream.

LJ: Even though it may be simple, it's still extremely difficult.

My mentality underwent this change.

Not being able to please everyone’s anticipation…

the song that he currently wants to sing for his fan…

is still Lee Juck’s music.

^ thank u thank u so much , sis .... I'm so thankful for all your help with those translations :) kumapsimida! 
Juck is one interesting guy , the more you know about him the more you realize he's such a complex person .... he's much more than the rebel and talented musician , former nation's eomchina(before Lee Seung Gi's era , this guy was always the most wanted for korean ommas xD) or SNU smartie .
Talking about that person ... Tablo shared this hours ago ^^ 
R2w23c6.jpg

Via bobyblo @ instagram 

The Laos team episode will start tonight, here are more teasers from the FB page
10410154_693316380747012_758045789967513

The travelling must-have item – Yoo Yeon SeokIf there is only one thing that must be packed for travelling?
Without a doubt Yeon Seok!
From planning the vacation to handling the finances, he takes responsibility for everything and leads.
‘I can handle being uncomfortable, but I cannot handle it if my friends are uncomfortable.’
And so, Ho Jun and Baro hung onto Yeon Seok’s wide shoulders even today.
In charge of: Everything about the trip ~ bar none.
The beggar’s mama: YEON SEOK (31 years old)
10425493_693317427413574_729206262715128

The Neighbourhood Idiot – Son Ho JunDoesn’t have any greed, stubbornness, and also doesn’t know anything.
Having nothing but a smile that everyone loves, the good-looking neighbourhood idiot. 
Hot and hungry in his first ever backpacking trip.
Even then, because I have my friend Yeon Seok, and my dongsaeng Baro, I’m happy.
In charge of: Looking~ ‘Blank’, Following Yeon Seok around
Neighbourhood Idiot Hyung: HO JUN (31 years old)
10574485_693316640746986_136574077673691
Soaring directly, directly sparking electricity – BaroIn the morning his motivation is ‘200%’, lunchtime his motivation ‘2%’ and at dinnertime back to ‘300%’
Throughout the day he is constantly on an emotional rollercoaster
Eats everything well, and plays well no matter where he is, is the cute little energiser maknae.
In charge of: aegyo, massage, mental breaks

Photo credit to Flower Series FB PageTranslation credit to @lunagalPLEASE CREDIT THE TRANSLATORS, YEONIVERSE AND PROVIDE YEONIVERSE.WORDPRESS.COM LINK WHEN REPOSTING.

huhuh Friday is my fav day ... YOF and Plus Nine Boys :x I'll trust on my internet connection :-)  
Dunno why but I'm anticipating a lot from Ho Jun , he's totally the type of idiot I like :)) a la John Park ( aka the blank king ) =))
fourleafclover said: Aw, you're welcome, chingu! Of the trio, LJ is the most multi-faceted. I find that I'm learning a new side of him through each episode. I really want to listen to that interview now, but I'll wait patiently for that IC episode. Three of my favorite entertainers together, what could be better? :)

Yoo Yeonseok Instagram Update
10672238_753476911379933_587304598003576

Finally tonight at 9:50 on tvN, the Youth Over Flowers- Laos episodes air~!!! Please all join the true youths on our travels~~!!! Please watch live~~!!!

Yoo Yeon Seok Tweeted

Finally tonight the Youth Over Flowers- Laos episodes air~! It may have been sudden and dumbfounding, but we all had a wonderful time travelling, and so I am really looking forward to tonight’s broadcast~!!! Tonight 9:50 on tvN!!! Please look forward to the Laos beggars kkk Please watch live!!! KkopJjaee Rarraee (“Thank you very much” in Laos)

kepogee said: The Laos team episode will start tonight, here are more teasers from the FB page

The travelling must-have item – Yoo Yeon SeokIf there is only one thing that must be packed for travelling?
Without a doubt Yeon Seok!
From planning the vacation to handling the finances, he takes responsibility for everything and leads.
‘I can handle being uncomfortable, but I cannot handle it if my friends are uncomfortable.’
And so, Ho Jun and Baro hung onto Yeon Seok’s wide shoulders even today.
In charge of: Everything about the trip ~ bar none.
The beggar’s mama: YEON SEOK (31 years old)

The Neighbourhood Idiot – Son Ho JunDoesn’t have any greed, stubbornness, and also doesn’t know anything.
Having nothing but a smile that everyone loves, the good-looking neighbourhood idiot. 
Hot and hungry in his first ever backpacking trip.
Even then, because I have my friend Yeon Seok, and my dongsaeng Baro, I’m happy.
In charge of: Looking~ ‘Blank’, Following Yeon Seok around
Neighbourhood Idiot Hyung: HO JUN (31 years old)

Soaring directly, directly sparking electricity – BaroIn the morning his motivation is ‘200%’, lunchtime his motivation ‘2%’ and at dinnertime back to ‘300%’
Throughout the day he is constantly on an emotional rollercoaster
Eats everything well, and plays well no matter where he is, is the cute little energiser maknae.
In charge of: aegyo, massage, mental breaks

Photo credit to Flower Series FB PageTranslation credit to @lunagalPLEASE CREDIT THE TRANSLATORS, YEONIVERSE AND PROVIDE YEONIVERSE.WORDPRESS.COM LINK WHEN REPOSTING.

Archived