♥Quack Couple♥Park Hoon(Lee Jong Suk) & Oh Soo Hyun(Kang So Ra)♥(Sora mentions LeeJong Suk-p385)

SongMira

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@lolly84 i don't know if the production team have enough time to end the series with a complete love story, i have a feeling that it might be an open ending, but if it's going to be like that, i hope they show a scene hoon and hyun reuniting or something like that. Atleast we can conclude it ourselves. AHAHAHA! =))

Just a thought that came in my mind, i just watched episode 18 with subs about an hour ago. I had mentioned before that Hoon might not have the time to save Hyun's dad because i initially thought that maybe both the presidents surgery and OKY surgery would be happening at the same time. Knowing that it's mostly likely not to happen at the same time, i think there is a big possibility that Hoon would be the one who tries to save the guy who sent him and his dad to NK because we all know how nice parkhoon is and the fact that SooHyun only has her dad left, he will try his utmost best to save her dad. If it's successful, OJK will look at Hoon differently and give the green light to allow Hyun to marry him.(but at his moment it's one sided)*in the future,hopefully HAHAHA! 
or another scenario is that because JJ loves Hyun, he can't bare to see her lose her dad and he does the surgery to save him. Well that would probably tie up loose ends and close that chapter of that side story. Afterall the production crew has to rush to finish all unresolved stories as fast as possible..

Guest ZayyanN

#Sweetest Quack Scene
when our hoonie worried about hyun  :x omg I'm really happy with that sceneand it's also the first time that show how important our hyunie to hoon 

Guest chalicu

JH has Hoon's kiss on the lips but Hyun is the one touching the most precious and private part of his body in a violent way ( ;)) ), so Hyun won, hurra :))

Guest ZayyanN

#Quack scene that hit me the most..
when our hyunnie leaves jae joon team to help our hoonie :xwith such a dramatic entrance and great background soundit's also tell us where is hyun heart belong toand she becomes his right hand all of that moments in that operating room hit me the most

Guest ZayyanN

pandalover1 said: ZayyanN said: #Sweetest Quack Scene
when our hoonie worried about hyun  :x omg I'm really happy with that sceneand it's also the first time that show how important our hyunie to hoon  

Guest JessicaD1430293883

It’s said that an actor has a thousand faces, because they have a different face in each of their works. Of course, this is only possible if the actor is invested in their character. Only when an actor is in character, would his eyes, vision, expression and tone become one with the character.

Like that, Lee Jong Suk had obtained another different face. Lee Jong Suk is now Park Hoon in  SBS’s “Doctor Stranger”, a character who had experienced immense hurt when he was young, having a lot of heartbreak and anger, but yet at the same time, a warm character with a heart.

With such complicated emotions, it isn’t easy carrying this character. However, Lee Jong Suk had brought 110% life to this difficult character. He had shown excellent portrayal of emotions, which resulted in Doctor Stranger being labelled a drama that is “of Lee Jong Suk, By Lee Jong Suk and for Lee Jong Suk.”

How did Lee Jong Suk’s acting come about? Starcast is going to reveal his acting, and let us see how his expressions and acting style changes along with the character’s emotional changes

Park Hoon vs Lee Jong Suk  Dismay

Park Hoon In the first episode in the North where Song Jaehee was forced to leave. Song Jaehee is Park Hoon’s only spiritual hideout. Howvever, when the two were forced to separate, Park Hoon who had to watch Jaehee being taken away was on the verge of a mental breakdown.

Lee Jong Suk His tiny muscle movements, shaky eyes and stiff lips. He portrayed an unbelievable but real fear,  and the dismay and unwillingness of the separation between two lovers. His tear filled eyes better helped the audience get invested in the drama..

behind This is a scene which was filmed with a lot of passion. During the filming in April, the temperature at night was still pretty low. In that cold weather, Lee Jong Suk was drenched in the water from the water tank. His performance that day left the staff watching in silence.  

intense performance in the rain

Park Hoon vs Lee Jong Suk Grief 

Park Hoon In episodes 1-2, Park Hoon had lost all the people he loved. In North Korea, he lost his father, and he lost Song Jaehee in Hungary. This scream represented him being left alone in this world. 

Lee Jong Suk He captured the audience with his high level acting. Blood shot eyes and the tension in his fingers, totally portrayed Park Hoon’s thoughts. This scene showed how invested he was in the character, and it was the moment where Lee Jong Suk grew to the one-top of the show.

behind It’s a one of the scenes which impacted Lee Jong Suk’s acting. The last scene waith Kim Sang Jung was like that as well. After the scene where Kim Sang Jung died, Lee Jong Suk said that he would tear up everytime he hears ‘Kim Sang Jung’ or ‘father’.

Even his fingertips are performing

Park Hoon vs Lee Jong Suk  despair

Park Hoon  In episode 2,  where Park Hoon and Song Jae Hee were cornered on the bridge with no where to escape, Park Hoon fell into a state of despair with the guns pointed at them.

Lee Jong Suk  Although this scene was short, but it comprised action, love, spy and danger. On top of showing the immense tension,  he must also portray a state of despair. His downwards line of sight and slightly lowered head gave off a feeling of despair.

behind This scene confirmed Lee Jong Suk’s status as a Korean star. During the filming, the set was surrounded by female fans from Hungary. To catch a glimpse of Lee Jong Suk, a crowd had gathered near the sides of the bridge.

Looking for the feeling

Eyes full of despair

▶ Park Hoon vs Lee Jong Suk  Anger

Park Hoon  Episode 7, when he expressed his anger towards Myungwoo’s previous director, Director Choi. Director Choi was one of the culprits who had sent his father and him to the North. This show exposed Hoon’s anger and hatred towards those days.

Lee Jong Suk He shined with his confident acting. Even if it was in front of a senior actor, he didn’t seem to be holding back. His strong gaze put pressure on the other party, injecting a new tension to the drama which was slowing down.

behind  Lee Jong Suk really has chemistry with everyone. Whether it is with actors of his age group or senior actors, he shows perfect chemistry with whoever he is acting with. The secret is to think for the other party and adjusting his performance to match the other’s.This is also why everyone on set loves him.

Burning charisma

Perfect chemistry with everyone

Park Hoon vs Lee Jong Suk  Serious

Park Hoon He is a genius doctor. A doctor who truly cares for patients and possesses extremely good surgical skills. Park Hoon is exceptionally serious in the operation room. No matter how much he is joking around before, the moment he enters the operation room, he has a 180degrees character change.

Lee Jong Suk The only way is to practice. To make himself look like a genius doctor, he doesn’t stop practicing. Even during his rest time, he would be holding on to operation tools. His expressions were also perfectly done. Tightly closed lips and an expressionless face, he brings about a serious atmosphere instantly.

behind  The 3D visualization before his operations shows the fact that Park Hoon is a genius doctor who grew up in the North. This is to show how he makes diagnosis in situations where medical facilities such as CT and MRI are not well equipped.

I have to be serious when I am doing an operation

Tightly closed lips

The secret behind the 3D visualizations?

Is this angle good?

Doesn’t stop studying

Park Hoon vs Lee Jong Suk  Warmth

Park Hoon  Episode 7, when Park Hoon becomes a real doctor. When one of the twins’ heartbeat stopped and Hoon carefully carried the baby and carried out CPR on him.

Lee Jong Suk  The tiny details in his performance leaves a strong impression on others.  Carrying the baby in his arms and carrying out CPR played a big part in touching the audience. His gentle eyes doubled the impact.

behind  It’s a scene where both Lee Jong Suk and the staff were touched. Lee Jong Suk was completely immersed in the character. After the CPR, he even had a moment of dizziness. The staff said they could feel his respect towards life through his acting.

How should I act this?

Like that?

The very serious set

We have analysed Lee Jong Suk’s 6 different expressions, and can see how immersed in the character he is. His agency said “Lee Jong Suk is always studying his acting. Despite it being very heavy, he prepares very seriously every time, and have received a lot of praises.”

We directly asked Lee Jong Suk about his secret. 

Starcast: How did you design the character of Park Hoon? 

JS:Among all the characters I’ve acted, this is probably the one I spent the most time preparing for and studied the most. I like the basic premise of Park Hoon, and imagine him to be a character from a manga. From the start when I was designing this character, I borrowed a lot of elements from the main characters of Japanese mangas.

Starcast : When performing, what do you place most emphasis on?

JS: When acting with other characters, I had to ensure that Park Hoon’s emotions weren’t being carried along, and at the same time, had to match up to the other characters. I spent quite a lot of effort on this. Every character had their own story, so it was hard. Because of this, Park Hoon’s emotions and thoughts were simplified, and I had to show them using my expressions. This character could have showed a lot of things to to the audience, but it wasn’t able to focus after episode 9, and there are many regrettable points. 

Starcast : I heard you spent a lot of effort on the details?

JS: I had put in a lot of effort regarding Park Hoon’s attitude to the patients, his tone when reading the lines, the way he walks, his eyes, tone and clothings etc. I discussed a lot with the stylists as well.

Starcast : Which area was more difficult to perform? 

JS: It was diffciult to change the tone of Park Hoon’s voice when he speaks to the different characters. Also, when the scene changes, Park Hoon’s emotions changes as well. It is difficult to perform it such that it doesn’t feel too disconnected.

Starcast:To date, what is the most memorable scene? 

JS: In episode 7 at the clinic, where Park Hoon talked about his trauma. When Kim SangJung sunbae’s appearance appeared in my head, I was overwhelmed with anger. It felt really paingful but at the same time, new. It was a feeling which I’ve yet to experience before.

Starcast:How do you differentiate the North and South Hoon? 

JS: To Hoon, the North is a place which had caused him trauma, so in the North, I would be more sensitive and heavy. In contrast, the South is a place where Park Hoon seems to have seen through life? I want to give him that sort of a feeling.

Starcast: What is it that you wish to gain from “Doctor Stranger”?

JS: I’ve used up about all the expressions and emotions I can use, it’s pretty good. After the 20 episodes, I just wish I can gain something I didn’t have previously.

Jang Seok-joo!!

Sunbae-nim, bbuingbbuing~

Eh, Parkhoonie

Kimchi~~

Smile

Look for the Jongsuk who is hiding

Jaehee-ah…jaehee-ah…

You’re a little heavy

[translation via 钟情唯硕 @ weibo]

[T/N: this was really long, i hope i didn’t mistranslate anything. mind the language as well, i know there are a lot of sentence structure errors, but my laptop is lagging really badly i don’t really want to use it much]

Eng Trans by 07160914 

Okay is it safe to say that our Quack couple is end game!! [-O< After what went down in episode 18 I know for a fact Park Hoon and Jae Hee will not be together. Jae Hee said all that stuff to protect Park Hoon and his mama BUT we know deep down the stuff she said such as "You killed my father to save me? Is that true love?! No, it was just your greed to save the girl you like and your greed killed my father" was coming from the heart. Also poor Soo Hyun I'm pretty sure her dad died after having the heart attack. I wonder how she will react when she gets that door open and finds her father collapsed on the floor with Jae Joon looking down at him with murderous eyes. Hopefully we will have a happy ending. Quack Couple fighting!!!! \:D/

Archived