[Drama 2014] Discovery of Romance 연애의 발견

czakhareina

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[TV Report] ‘Discover Love’ Moon Jung Hyuk - Jung Yoo Mi, What Are Memories

lzvxkjb03shxdiiknt0kvobojdq03hhe.jpg
[by Kim Yena, translated by Sora Ghim] Does a cool and easy break up even exist?

On the September 22 broadcast of KBS drama ‘Discover Love,’ the 11th episode shows Moon Jung Hyuk and Jung Yoo Mi finally coping with their breakup. 

The episode starts out with Han Yeo Reum (Jung Yoo Mi) receiving a farewell from Kang Tae Ha (Moon Jung Hyuk) and returning home. On her arrival, she tells Yoon Sol (Kim Seul Gi) and Do Jun Ho (Yoon Hyun Min) “Kang Tae Ha told me let’s end things,” displaying her confused emotions. She continues, “The crazy guy broke up with me 5 years ago and he wants to break up again? Do you guys think about crying before crying? Aren’t tears first?” as she spilled her tears. 

Although really hurt by Tae Ha’s spontaneous break up, Yeo Reum took it fairly well. She tried her best to ignore any memories she had with him and focus completely on her work.

In contrast, Tae Ha took a backlash after the breakup. After ending things with Yeo Reum, Tae Ha confessed his true emotions to Yoon Jong Mok (Lee Seung Jun). He said, “This is what happens because I really like her. Taking away the obsession and possession, I just want Yeo Reum to be happy. I only have those feelings.”

6mmhj900smlfzescjc9uv2uchvjvlhih.jpg
Following up, Tae Ha revealed a secret only he knew. As he plays with the ring inside a case he says, “Actually, on the day of our 5-year anniversary, I was going to propose at the place where we first me. However, that became our breakup trip. Yeo Reum doesn’t know about this.” 

After all this, Tae Ha focused completely on his work, trying to forget Yeo Reum. This didn’t come easy because he would find himself going to places near her. He would watch over Yeo Reum working in her studio or ask Sol about how Yeo Reum was doing. Tae Ha missed Yeo Reum and continually curious about her.

While trying to get over her, he did something he shouldn’t have done. In the middle of the night, he sent the text, “Are you sleeping?” After the breakup, Tae Ha spent every night drinking and immediately regretted sending the message. He rolled around the floor and cursed himself, but secretly hoped for a reply. In the end, she never replied.

ipho3akl6z7n9fh5hhj0gxkn0qaqd6wl.jpg
Yeo Reum tries to recover her relationship with Ha Jin and they go on a trip. At the same time, Tae Ha left on a workshop with his company, traveling to the same place Yeo Reum is with Ha Jin. Here, Yeo Reum realizes that her feelings for Tae Ha during the 5 years they dated weren’t just full of spite. “Why do you always find me? If you always find me like this, I can’t help but wait for you. Do you know how many times I look out the window in a day?” finally spilling her true feelings to Tae Ha. However, this confession was overheard by Ha Jin.

Why did it take 5 years for Tae Ha to finally realize how much a breakup hurts, why did Yeo Reum show Tae Ha her vulnerability and wavering heart and you can’t help but feel sympathy for Ha Jin, who witnessed all of this. In the end, one person will always get hurt, whether it’s Yeo Reum, Tae Ha or Ha Jin. Now, as everything has been revealed, we wait to see who will come through this mess. (photo by KBS ‘Discover Love’ capture)

Guest winyoung

Phi said:

[Notice For Overseas Fans] 2014.10.13  Demand estimation for "Discovery of Love" director's cut DVD

Hello Korean drama fans overseas,

This cafe was created to get the potential demand for Director's cut DVD of "Discovery of Love", starring Eric (Shinhwa), Youmi Jung, and Jun Sung, aired on the Korea Broadcasting System.

We are trying to get additional features including 'Making scenes', 'NG cuts', and 'Commentary' from leading actors and actress, if possible. If there isn't enough demand, Director's cut DVD might not be released at all.  Detailed specification of the DVD will really depend on the size of demand. Simply putting, higher demand will result in richer contents with lots of exclusive scenes handpicked by the Director or screen editing team!!

If you're interested in purchasing Director's cut DVD, please participate in the survey by just sending an email to us at discoveryoflove1@gmail.com

Please remember that you are NOT obliged to buy a DVD at this point. This survey is to the get demand estimation only.

Please use your name (nickname) / country of residence / number of DVD sets that you want to buy as subject line.

Example Subject: Eric / USA / 1 set

Your active participation would be really appreciated and we are looking forward to your response!!

And please feel free to share any suggestions or questions regarding "Discovery of Love" director's cut DVD by email or twitter.

* Twitter: https://twitter.com/discoverylove1
* DVD Cafe: http://cafe.daum.net/discoveryoflove

Stay tuned for further updates!

Source: DiscoveryofLove

============================================

From what I'm told, the price for regular & director cut isn't huge of a difference.
If the demand isn't high enough, they may not release a regular set either

UJgGk3K.jpg

And some points i read from chinese translations of the article from Yumi's baidu tieba. 
Eric said that between hot speculations and high ratings he would choose speculations, and DOL did better than he thought it would. Although its important to the broadcast system in terms of ratings but it looks like they are satisfied with the responses to the drama too. He also thought that Hajin would have more supporters from the starting of the drama. 
He said he haven't heard criticisms from the start to end of the drama. And this was a first for the drama he participated in. The comments from all around were praises.
Eric also said that while pushing back Shinhwa's activities, him deciding to participate in this drama is because of "Jung Yumi". (squeals!)"I enjoyed working (with Yumi). Although I worked with many different actors, it's the most fun and playful when I'm with Yumi. No matter what kind of scenes we have together, it's comfortable and her reactions were good as well, and this helped me a lot. Yumi helped me a lot. Although she has more experiences than me, but back then (during Que Sera Sera) and now, she's never calculative with me, but enabled me to have the opportunities to show my charms. During the scenes where I have to show my emotions, even when Yumi don't appear in the scene, I would tear. She helped me a lot with my character as Taeha."Eric will now prepare for Shinhwa's come back. but if there's ever a production for Discovery of Love 2, I will adjust my Shinhwa schedule and I definitely want to participate (in DOL 2).
Credits to chinese translations in Jung Yumi's baidu tieba by IIDONTKNOW

- Squeals!!! Love what Eric shared about how he felt about the drama and Yumi ^^

Guest Putri Raja

kdramafangirlz said: UJgGk3K.jpg

And some points i read from chinese translations of the article from Yumi's baidu tieba. 
Eric said that between hot speculations and high ratings he would choose speculations, and DOL did better than he thought it would. Although its important to the broadcast system in terms of ratings but it looks like they are satisfied with the responses to the drama too. He also thought that Hajin would have more supporters from the starting of the drama. 
He said he haven't heard criticisms from the start to end of the drama. And this was a first for the drama he participated in. The comments from all around were praises.
Eric also said that while pushing back Shinhwa's activities, him deciding to participate in this drama is because of "Jung Yumi". (squeals!)"I enjoyed working (with Yumi). Although I worked with many different actors, it's the most fun and playful when I'm with Yumi. No matter what kind of scenes we have together, it's comfortable and her reactions were good as well, and this helped me a lot. Yumi helped me a lot. Although she has more experiences than me, but back then (during Que Sera Sera) and now, she's never calculative with me, but enabled me to have the opportunities to show my charms. During the scenes where I have to show my emotions, even when Yumi don't appear in the scene, I would tear. She helped me a lot with my character as Taeha."Eric will now prepare for Shinhwa's come back. but if there's ever a production for Discovery of Love 2, I will adjust my Shinhwa schedule and I definitely want to participate (in DOL 2).
Credits to chinese translations in Jung Yumi's baidu tieba by IIDONTKNOW

- Squeals!!! Love what Eric shared about how he felt about the drama and Yumi ^^

I just read eric's interview in hus thread. I'm so impressed by him. He's so mature and wise (?). How he learnt many things in previous projects, how to handle problems with shinhwa, how to deal with acting, and there's so many things that shows he is a man. He is not a boy anymore...

Q. Do you have any hopes or plans on what you’d like to try in your next work?

Eric: Um, there isn’t something that I really want to try yet, in the past, after ‘Que Sera Sera’, I felt rather unsettled and this time round, before starting, I thought that feeling of unsettlement would be relieved by the sweetness but indeed, I feel unsettled again. Even if things go well towards the end, because we’ve continuously quarreled and cried. As Taeha, there are things I’d like to say to Yeoreum, and Yeoreum too, as Yeoreum, has words that she’d like to say, but what we could say was only what was written in the script, I guess that’s why.

Q. What more would you like to say to Yeoreum?

Eric: It’s a secret (laughs).

taken from eric soompi thread..

ok writernim can we have DOR season 2 please?? hehheheh

Thanks all for keeping the thread moving! The BTS etc were just awesome!!!

I am following news on DOR v closely on Weibo! (Chinese sort of Twitter).

I am not very good at that platform so i am still figuring out how to get stuff here, but a fan compiled all of Eric's outfits in DOR- 97 outfits in total. AND HE LOOKS so handsome in all of them!

I wish someone would do that for HYR though- i love her style in the show, especially the first half before it got colder.

Also read the chinese article Eric did, the key points are what kdramafangirlz already translated (thank u!) What made me happy:

a) The series didn't have high ratings, but it did score v high on audience engagement/becoming a topic of conversation. And he is happy with that. I am happy that he is happy! HAHA. (Thanks for sharing that DOR scored No.1 on audience engagement- wonder how they came up with that rank too! How do they find out?)

B) All the praise on Jung Yu Mi and how he will move schedules to act with her. THAT MUST BE LOVE #fangirling moment

Eric: Um, there isn’t something that I really want to try yet, in the past, after ‘Que Sera Sera’, I felt rather unsettled and this time round, before starting, I thought that feeling of unsettlement would be relieved by the sweetness but indeed, I feel unsettled again. Even if things go well towards the end, because we’ve continuously quarreled and cried. As Taeha, there are things I’d like to say to Yeoreum, and Yeoreum too, as Yeoreum, has words that she’d like to say, but what we could say was only what was written in the script, I guess that’s why.

taken from eric soompi thread..

ok writernim can we have DOR season 2 please?? hehheheh

Omo season 2 pls. I wna know what else Taeha and Yeoreum wna say to one another~~~ So secretive XD

From Haha's wife Byul spazzing DoR with her friends to these 2 Beast members' debating DoR on a live broadcast.... so cute hehehehe

2014.10.17 B2ST’s Yong Jun Hyung Couldn’t Sleep After the Last Episode of ‘Discovery of Romance’

Watching dramas like the rest of us, the B2ST members had a thorough discussion about KBS’ recently ended drama, Discovery of Romance.

58252229.jpg

On October 16, B2ST participated in Naver’s Star Cast, Soon, 12:30 ahead of its album comeback. During the live talk, the B2ST members were asked what they do at 12:30 AM.

“I’ve been watching dramas. I watch Japanese dramas, and most recently, Discovery of Romance,” answered Son Dong Woon. Han Yeo Reum nuna... I really want to be Kang Tae Ha.”

Joining the conversation, Yong Jun Hyung added, “I watched the last episode yesterday, and I couldn’t fall asleep.” Son Dong Woon sympathized with him, saying that the heart fluttery moments kept him awake.

As Yong Jun Hyung felt sorry for Sung Jun’s character, Nam Ha Jin, Son Dong Woon said that Han Yeo Reum was the bad one, making Yong Jun Hyung disagree.  As the two members started going into a debate about the drama, the other B2ST members broke them up, telling the two members to discuss it outside of the live broadcast.

B2ST will return with its new album Time on October 20.

Photo Credit: Naver
Article by: Mwave

bogin79 said: Q. Do you have any hopes or plans on what you’d like to try in your next work?

taken from eric soompi thread.. ok writernim can we have DOR season 2 please?? hehheheh

It has been a very long time Eric does an interview (not even during Spy Myung Wol) so I was so looking forward to this.  I'm very sastisfied with this Discovering Mun Jung Hyuk throught this round of interviews

Be it humble, be it witty, be it funny/cute, be it brutally frank & honest...., one thing I love is that he never gives cookie-cutter answers.  I love how he either getting off a sticky answer in a nice way (as you see below) or address tricky & difficult questions in a witty & classy way.

Eric is cautious (can't blame him :) ) but though out his interviews, you can feel he's not pretentious or think very highly of himself, (if not beating himself up hahahaha).  Like him or not like him is up to each person but this is how Eric Mun Jung Hyuk is :)

He needs to get back some weight and rest more since his eyebags are more prominent with the weight loss.  I didn't know he went for army reservist training right after the end of DoR.

There're many issues he was asked.  I like 10Asia interview the most since it's always very rounded and cover many interesting things.  This one has a lot with Discovery of Romance so read on.... :)  (don't mind my little inserts in grey as I read the interview) XD

[interview] 2014.10.16  ‘Discovery of Romance’ Discovery of Eric, discovery of a good man

tumblr_inline_ndl35gFylf1rb7x3v.jpg

The Eric met in real life is different from the man seen in the media. He was very careful, and hence looked serious, and occasionally, even looked to be shy. TV dramas have portrayed Eric as a man who would say cheesy lines like “Do you smell something burning? My heart is burning” with much ease but in the real world, Eric seemed like a man who would rather die than say something like that. (HAHAHAHAHAHA no cheese for Eric)

In order to give a neutral answer, he took quite a long time to compose his thoughts, even to questions where answers can be predicted, and this is also evidence to show that he was quite truthful when he answered ‘No comment’ or ‘It’s a secret’ to certain questions. As compared to answers that are packaged nicely and sounds good, to a man like Eric, speaking the truth goes without saying. And at the end of the interview, he said, “I would like to be remembered as a good man” and it made me think that whoever who met him, will definitely and surely remember him as a good man.

tumblr_inline_ndl39mmGDu1rb7x3v.jpg

Q. KBS2 drama “Discovery Of Romance” ended recently. How did you spend the time after the drama ended?
Eric: I went to the sauna with my parents. And there was also reservist training (laughs). Ah, after the drama ended, we all went for an MT and I suffered a lot after drinking, which I had stopped for a while. That’s why I went to recuperate at my parents’ home.

Q. You seem like quite an affectionate son. As you would even go to the sauna with your parents.
Eric: Not at all. If I’m at home with them, I don’t really talk and we went to the sauna because it felt like we should do something. (heh, we all know you are an filial & affectionate son)

Q. Although there are comments on the drama’s unfortunate ratings, overall, it was a drama that was well-reviewed. Are you satisfied?
Eric: It’s good. It would’ve been perfect if even the ratings were good but if I had to choose between these two in the current situation, I like the current situation more. I’m very satisfied. And actually, I gave it my all. There has never been a work that I was so enthusiastic over, and even though there was a reason for every work that I have joined, there has never been once where it was for me myself. I had thought “Just give it my all, with no regrets; try letting yourself go” but in reality, it doesn’t really work out.

Q. In which aspects do you think didn’t turn out well?
Eric: What hits home the most was what director Han Hee (‘Super Rookie’ director) once said, "Read the lines many times and after you’ve mastered it, forget it on set.”  But that is the hardest to do.  We don’t just have a full shot and a 2-shot, we have to do various angles then stop and do it again, the process of moving between reality and drama makes it hard for me to let go of myself. I said I would try my best but I felt regret in every scene. Even so, when watching the broadcast, I think what came out was better than what I had done.

Q. Why did you say you yourself was the reason for acting in ‘Discovery Of Romance’?
Eric: I wanted to be stubborn about doing what I wanted to do.

Q. Was it stubbornness over the genre, or over the character?
Eric: As compared to desire over a work, there are things that I can do as an actor and what I want to do as an actor, and there has been almost no instances where both could be satisfied at the same time. But this time round, for one, the drama itself is very fun, and I felt that I could do it if I worked hard. In fact, I had initially rejected it because of Shinhwa’s situation but joined back after telling them I’m sorry, please use me. (HAHAHAHA DORK!)

Q. Have you watched writer Jung Hyunjung’s previous works?
Eric: I intend to now. Actually, before I do a drama, I tend to watch the director and writer’s previous works, to find out their preferences. But this time, I personally met director Kim Sungyoon more than 10 times and while talking, he told me not to look for (writer Jung Hyunjung’s) previous works. The director also said he hasn’t watched them. As her works did well to begin with, he was worried I might copy them unknowingly. But now that the drama has ended, I’m so curious so I intend to look for them. Firstly, the script is very interesting, and even at the end, when time was insufficient, the script was satisfactory and came out well so I am naturally curious about her previous works. (are you going to watch all 3 or just INR2? :) )

Q. Actress Jung Yoomi already had experience working with Writer Jung.  Did she give you any advice? (I think this is the part giving advice in Yumi's baidu bar trans, not quite the same cus translations variation?) :)
Eric: Jung Yoomi is not that type to give advice. Jung Yoomi, what should I say, instead of an actress who plays by the book, she has a very innocent, gem-like feeling. Instead of acting methodically, unlike the other actors whom I’ve worked with, I feel like she’s like a mirror. Even when she isn’t filmed by the camera, she will reflect accordingly to what I do.  Those reactions of hers were good.

Q. But, like the smirking Taeha in the ending scene, that doesn’t look like acting. Was is something created on set after being influenced by Jung Yoomi?
Eric: No, there were many things that I did that was calculated. I followed the script closely and aimed to express more than 90% of it as written, the words, the expressions, I aimed to express them faithfully. The feeling when I read them was good to begin with, and I didn’t want to cover it with my own version, so I wanted to express it as it was. There are people who thought that the smirk in the ending was impromptu but it was written in the script. (and I was 1 of those people thinking it were impromptu. It came out naturally impromptu heh)

tumblr_inline_ndl3aca3vb1rb7x3v.jpg

Q. How is Writer Jung’s script different from other writers’?
Eric: Before I started work on it, I thought there were many parts that felt like my story. If the feelings I felt from the script were conveyed to others, I thought that even if it wasn’t a big success in terms of ratings, it’d be a drama that will leave a long impression. And I think it turned out better than I thought.

Q. The flaws of the character Taeha which you acted as this time, feels different from the characters you’ve acted as in “Phoenix” or “Super Rookie”. How did it feel to you, as the actor?
Eric: There was something comfortable. However, I’m the type that will feel uncomfortable till the end, regardless what I’m acting as. Because I do it while feeling tensed up. And there is something that is seen in all the characters I’ve played, even in Taeha and in my characters for “Phoenix” and “Super Rookie” because there’s a limit to what I can do. But, in my previous dramas, I showed a character that was more one-sided, and this time, I feel the character was more like a real person. As a person, somehow we have sides to us that is like Taeha, like Hajin and like Yeoreum, but in some characters, if it’s a tough guy, only the tough side is shown, if it’s a romantic guy, only the romantic side is expressed. This time, it was much more natural. Even so, even Taeha also has lines like “That sky will fall down” (all laughs). When we received that script, the director and Yoomi how I’ll do it. Having done “Phoenix” gave me the training and so I said, “I’ll just do it.”

Q. Looks like there is no trauma from the problematic lines in ‘Phoenix’
Eric: 
I’ve done even more difficult and more chessy lines prior to ‘Phoenix’. They’ve all become a training.

Q. Thinking about it, up till now, how you’ve been portrayed by the media seems to be closer to Hajin than Taeha.
Eric: However, I always receive characters that are rough males or cheeky and childish. This time, after we met, I heard from the Director, “After seeing you all for a few times, Hajin looks like Taeha and Taeha looks like Hajin.” And just in case, I even continued to practice Hajin’s lines. (LOL so did Sung Joon also practice Taeha's line just in case too?:)

Q. Then, in real life, who are you more similar to?
Eric: On the outside, Taeha but once you know me, Hajin.

Q. If there was something that changed on your view on relationship after doing this drama?
Eric: As compared to my view on love changing, I think I got to learn more about how the other part thinks. At passages that I sympathized with, as if it was my own situation, it didn’t stop at “Wow, it’s similar” but I got to know more of  “So this must be how the other person felt in this situation.”

Q. What kind of person are you to your love?
Eric: Instead of someone who has lots of skinship or is very gentle, I’m tend to be cheekier. In a relationship, as compared to a girlfriend, it feels more like becoming best friends. A person I’m most comfortable with. Someone who I can play together with. (hint if you like Clash of Clans or whatever the newest game will, your chance to be Mrs. Mun just gets better heh)

Q. What is something that you feel you would definitely not do while acting as Taeha?
Eric: There are some things but they are off the record. Let’s just take it as words like “That sky will fall down”.

Q. I’m getting curious (laughs). In that case, did you understand getting back together with an ex-girlfriend?
Eric: That is something different from me too. Honestly, towards the end, Taeha broke up with Yeoreum a few times but I thought that Taeha had no reason to send Yeoreum away. Taeha doesn’t know that Hajin is a good man. From Taeha’s point of view, his first impression of Hajin is a guy who goes on blind dates, a two-timing guy. If that doesn’t change, there’s no reason to let her go. There has been parts that are different from the initial synopsis due to certain circumstances, and I think, from Taeha’s point of view, it was a situation where he definitely could not let Yeoreum go.

tumblr_inline_ndl3aqLgBl1rb7x3v.jpg

Q. As a man, what do you think of a woman like Yeoreum?
Eric: Definitely not good. She’s selfish. In a relationship, if both parties are selfish, then it won’t last. One party has to be, to a certain extent, accepting but anyone would wish for things to go their way. Because no one wants to live their whole life being accepting. (cough B2ST Dong Woon & Jun Hyung's debate on Naver Starcast cough lol)

Q. Which part of a relationship do you like, the start? Or, like Taeha’s narration at the end, the stage where the climax is over and you can joke around with each other?
Eric: Up till now, I like the starting stage. If I have to choose between both, it’ll be the first stage.

Q. I guess it isn’t time for you to get married yet?
Eric: I want to but not to the extent that I really want to. I’m quite old. I think I’ll get married before 40 years old. (yah Mr.Mun it was 30, then 35 now 40.. you better not climbing over that big 40 lol)

Q. Nowadays, a lot of the 1st generation idols have gotten married but now that I look at it, not even one member of Shinhwa is married. Even Super Junior is getting married.
Eric: Disregarding the uniqueness of my job, I think marriage itself is something difficult for anyone. It also seems like circumstances doesn’t let me meet a good person.

Q. Which member in Shinhwa will most likely get married first?
Eric: Although everyone says they want to, me!  I want to get married first. (good luck!  I'm getting my champagne ready ^^)

Q. Are you in a relationship now?
Eric: Closed for now. (laughs) I think I’ll end up marrying someone that my parents introduce to me. (note to self,  get close to Eric's parents)

Q. Writer Jung’s dramas is called a textbook for dating, do you think “I think I’ll be able to do better in a relationship” after this drama?
Eric: I don’t know about that. It seems like Writer Jung’s style is let’s be honest, don’t pretend, don’t hide, quarrel if it seems like a quarrel is brewing, otherwise break up, isn’t it?  But, as a man, anyone will have sides that are like Taeha and like Hajin.  What I felt sad about Hajin’s lines towards the end was the reason why Hajin always apologized first, “If I didn’t do that, I was afraid you’d say let’s break up.” I think everyone has that side to them.

Q. If the fantasy became clear for Hajin, for Taeha, he was quite a realistic man. However, I think the most important reason that Yeoreum could only end up with Taeha was that they could be honest with each other.
Eric: When you just look at the characters themselves, Taeha would definitely lose to Hajin. In the early stages of the drama, there was a lot of talk about that too. Actually, for a melodrama, the male and female leads are put together suitably, and their supporters are divided separately but if it went on this way, Taeha would lose to Hajin.  Hajin was so nice to Yeoreum, is good looking, has good qualifications, even his voice is nice, there was no space for Taeha to budge in.  (HAHAHAHA there Eric hyung said it, even Hajin/Sung Joon's voice is nice! )   Perhaps that’s why the writer also put in a lot of fantasy for Taeha in the reminiscing scenes. Also, as you get to a certain age, as compared to dating, you tend to find a partner you can get married to, and while remembering previous relationships, you would think “This isn’t good” or “This has to be done for it to last even longer.” But this time round, while acting as Taeha, I got to realize that what is right is when it feels good to be together and becoming the most like myself is the best.

Q. The interview scenes kept appearing, did you hear anything about the interview scenes from the writer or the director?
Eric: I wasn’t told the reason for it. When filming, I thought it was to have a different tone to the drama and acted that way, but as it is a drama, when we got pressed for time, afterwards, I continued doing how I did it. Initially, I slowed the tempo and thought about it before acting. The director also directed me to not to do as written in the script but to read the lines, be familiar with it, then act as if I was really being interviewed.

tumblr_inline_ndl3bhW3bc1rb7x3v.jpg

Q. Oh right, what was the reactions from the Shinhwa members on this drama?
Eric: They didn’t leave any of the reactions. But even so, they’ve all watched it. They’ve said it’s interesting. That they enjoy watching it. Minwoo always makes the effort to watch whatever I act in, and this time round, it seems like Jinnie did the same too.

Q. Are there plans to do ‘Shinhwa Broadcast’ again?
Eric: I want to do it but unless we do it when the 6 of us truly wants to, otherwise there’s no reason to do it.

Q. Nowadays, idol members have a lot of conflicts with their agencies, it seems like you’d have mixed feelings on longevity.
Eric: I’m thankful to the members and also to the people around us. Somehow, it seems like we were lucky. We too went through the same thing and had our share of quarrels. There were also times we disliked each other. But, at the decisive moment, there’s a fine line of difference. The question lies in where you put your heart. We weren’t people who did especially well and at that moment, we made a good decision and that’s how things came to be.

Q. Now that you’ve completed a drama, the attitude you have as an actor is?
Eric: I don’t have big desires as an actor. But I hope that each and every work can be helpful to Eric the person. This time, especially, I think it was a work that was a challenge to me too. Also, what I’ve thought all along is that I want to do what I find interesting, what I like when reading. If there is any grand goals that I would have as an actor, is for people to find interesting what is interesting to me. There is a feeling of triumph in that. Acting is an occupation too and I can’t just do what I like to do. Honestly, in some ways, although I say this with great care, now, I’m at a stage where I can do what I want to do. In the past, because Shinhwa was in a certain position, so I couldn’t think much of acting as an occupation and it was also something I had to do for the company and to earn money. But now, I think it’s fine even if I do what I want.

Eric: It’s a secret (laughs).  (geessh you just make us all very curious XD)

Q. What kind of actor would you like to be remembered as?
Eric: A good person. To speak more in more details, a man who would be good to follow. (Agency representative: He is also a good CEO to us!) (Q. Does it seem like people think of you as a bad man?) Because I’m quiet so there’s that kind of image. But a good man doesn’t mean a kindhearted man. I would like to be a good man in various directions.

Q. Lastly, what are you concerned about recently?
Eric: Clash of Clans. Since we’ve rested for a while, I’ll soon turn (my interest) back onto Shinhwa.

Source: 10Asia
Translation:  malpabo tumblr

Archived