[Chinese Drama 2014] A Different Kind of Pretty Man 不一样的美男子

jwand

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mizchief

MAYBE, this is a series like X Men .  This is part 1, where all characters are being introduced where they came from and how they came about. 
Yuchen will be the "Lois Lane" (superman) or "Mary Jane" (spiderman) 

ChaoChen will be "Harry Osborn - 2nd Green Goblin (spiderman)  or "Luther" (superman) 
Part 2 could be the adventures of the 4 heroes and Yuchen --- IF, they make this into an open ending.  

**Why I think the writers decided Yuchen to have a kissing scene with ChaoChen instead of YiFei :   
YiFei can have a one sided love with Yuchen but never have anything more than that. If YiFei kissed Yuchen --- it would be awkward for friends who are like brothers to stay friends (Yuan Shu-YiFei)Yuchen would feel horrible using Yifei to overcome her grief over Yuan Shu. While ChaoChen is not part of the "inner group" ,  a new friend -- basically an acquaintance. There is LESS guilt using ChaoChen than YiFei. From the slow motion, Yuchen was puckering up for the kiss that was about to happen.    

angelangie said: jwand said: @angelangieTo me it did not look like Yuchen is entirely happy about being kissed by Chaochen.
The way the story develops in the novel is disappointing. I hope that none of the scriptwriters for the television show were involved with the novel.

mizchief said: MAYBE, this is a series like X Men .  This is part 1, where all characters are being introduced where they came from and how they came about. 
Yuchen will be the "Lois Lane" (superman) or "Mary Jane" (spiderman) 

ChaoChen will be "Harry Osborn - 2nd Green Goblin (spiderman)  or "Luther" (superman) 
Part 2 could be the adventures of the 4 heroes and Yuchen --- IF, they make this into an open ending.  

**Why I think the writers decided Yuchen to have a kissing scene with ChaoChen instead of YiFei :   
YiFei can have a one sided love with Yuchen but never have anything more than that. If YiFei kissed Yuchen --- it would be awkward for friends who are like brothers to stay friends (Yuan Shu-YiFei)Yuchen would feel horrible using Yifei to overcome her grief over Yuan Shu. While ChaoChen is not part of the "inner group" ,  a new friend -- basically an acquaintance. There is LESS guilt using ChaoChen than YiFei. From the slow motion, Yuchen was puckering up for the kiss that was about to happen.    

Guest spicystrawberry

When I watch this for first time - I was lil of scared, I remember wondering myself does this drama category as horror genre that time @@ Silly me :310559733_10152118075886157_8338201027239

I watched episodes 11 and 12. ARGH. 
That stupid Yuanshu! X(
I have the link to the novel, do you all want it?
Anyway, here are my thoughts on the latest 2 episodes and the upcoming ones.For episode 11 and 12, I honestly feel that Yuanshu will not fall for Liyi. He only has admiration and gratitude to her. Given the fact that he was so elated when Yifei said that the painting forecast his wedding with Yuchen.   =((My heart broke when Yuchen smirked instead of crying. If I were her, I'll bawled like a baby if my boyfriend does that to me. And now, I'm starting to detest Chaochen. I mean, yes, he is fond of Yuchen but to destroy the bacteria to satisfy his own selfish wishes - damn. What a (I'm not supposed to say. xD) Although, I must agree that he does treat her well. For someone who just got to know a girl, he is self-sacrificing to suck out the snake's venom. 
For the upcoming episodes, NOOOOO! I don't want Chaochen to kiss Yuchen!! I strongly disagree to this pairing! And Liyi confessed that she is fond of Yuanshu. [-X
And for the open ending, I disagree to it because I feel that everything will have an ending to it, be it, a sad one or a happy one, at least, all of us would know what really happens. 

dramalovers26 said: Man, the book ending sucks! I hope somebody that read the book can enlighten us....has the drama follow the book so far or are there differences? I do not like open ending, I like my ending simple...dead or alive? together or separated? No opening ending please!

Archived