[Drama 2014] Temptation 유혹

Guest sunshine4ever

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lonely_snowflake

chickpea said:

@lonely_snowflake:  (sorry to cut your post):  "I think we can't just judge the character based on wrong or right, innocent or not, since they're all wrong, they're all not innocent, they're all adults."

I can't agree.  What wrong, exactly, has SY done.  Not what wrong do HJ or MW or SH think SY has done or is doing, what wrong has SY actually done.

bukk1 said: I truly understand why the poor and downtrodden have such a hard time escaping their place in life. They are the ones it's easy to blame. The reason why this is more than a drama is because films, movies etc tell a story and they often reflect or have strong similarities to real life; hence there is always a lot of emoting in the forums and comments. We clearly have a protagonist (HJ) who up against all odds herself. Her errors are almost predictable. But she is honest as is SY. How could she have been prepared to fight against such a high power antagonist. By the way, the first person on the scene and administers first aid is equally responsible for the out come. Did HJ not direct SH how to perform his part in the CPR. I'm not sure all states have the ""Good Samaritan" law that protect those who administers 1st aid. Of course she was a hero, she did what heroes do. There were several people in that venue who offered no assistance to my recollection. But go ahead and kick a dog when it's down.. HJ will rise to the top in this wretched display of temptation. Oh yeah, before I go, some religions and some cultures do not see suicide as necessarily cowardice. Consider the culture she lives in and be cautious of administering western values on the towards a civilization several thousands years old. Thanks for keeping my blood boiling and my heart laughing. NO HJ/MW! From the frying pan into the fire; give me a break. LMBO

Hi, newbie here.  Can't help but say, I'm just so glad Yoon Euh Hye did not accept this role of the the wife.  I don't like the story and this only focus on KSW and CJW.  I have sympathy with the wife and money made her to become what she is.  It's my story too, that is why I don't like it, but there is a saying, when you are pinned to the wall, you have no choice but to even hold a sharp sword and another one, money is the root of evil.  Bye and thanks for the space.  

I love both Yoon Eun Hye and Park Ha Sun! Either one of them playing Hong Joo's role would of been fine to me! Just because Kwon Sang Woo and Choi Ji Woo may be the two main leads here, it don't mean that Park Ha Sun is any less important in the drama! The plot, storyline requires, involves her character just as much as KSW and CJW's characters!

Besides the main lead role, I really like to see actors and actresses try, portray other, secondary roles! Sometimes, a character on the side, in the surroundings are more intriguing than the two main leads!

I'm glad Park Ha Sun took this role, character of Na Hong Joo!

@Lmangla - I came to this drama thinking it was similar to "Indecent Proposal". Silly me, it's a Kdrama so of course it's a story about first love!  myword.gif

@mellina - You most certainly can avoid falling in love with a married man, just check his finger for a ring. Married? *runs for the door*   eekout.gif
@maddymappo - I'm so glad you didn't leave! Oh, I had a thought last night and you just reminded me. About MW telling SY to leave that couple alone, I also thought it was pretty arrogant coming from him but ...maybe this man-richard simmons has standards? (LMAO) Maybe he's never once messed with a married woman.  :-?  Just a thought

@Triton823 - Yep, we have such a long ways to go. Re-watching episode 8 when SY and MW attend the party - I pictured a future party: MW will show up with HJ and SY will show up with SH. Good times, good times. :|  
Alright, who brought up the amnesia plot idea?  :-w  I'll seriously hurt someone if that happens here. It's happening in almost every other drama right now! 
@joojanah - No lurking! (I'm totally kidding) I do that sometimes when I just want to concentrate on reading everyone's opinions. 
I for one really enjoyed seeing HJ out shopping alone, just happy to buy groceries to cook for her Dad and brother. She seemed calm, relaxed and happy. Now if only SY and SH will both leave her alone and get on with their own romance, things would be great! 
TMPHJ.jpg

This weeks recap is posted: HEREAnd I found out Mimi from A Talking Cupboard is also recapping this! HERE

I see there is people assuming that anyone who dislikes HJ has low standards, values or poor self esteem... 
Speaking for myself let me say this: I'm not against her for everything she has done, in fact in SOME (not gonna lie and said all of them) of her actions I agree with her and understand her, it's not entirely what she does but HOW she does it. 
For example in ep 8: You want divorce because, according to previous episodes, you can't trust your husband anymore? Fine, I can agree perfectly fine with that, but how do you took that decision? Like a mature person with facts or like a teen with fantasies on your mind? Talking about it or hiding? Confronting or running away? Taking responsibility for your own faults or blaming others? With a cool head or while boiling?...
Let's say there are 2 mothers with sons that have an unhealthy overweight. Both mothers are worried for their respectively son and want to help them lose some weight. Mother1 starts buying and cooking healthy food, stop buying junk food and also invites her son to play football, go to bike rides together, etc. Mother2 every time she sees her son eating she calls him pig and make noises, or punish him and force him to do exercise... Which mother would you say is right if both want a healthy son?
It's not that my values are corrupted, is how she has been shooting on her foot time after time, she's on high speed without brakes and seems she doesn't care at all. Hope this changes for her own good, right now is really  hard for me to sympathize with herk0de said: another person that can see the cracks behind the mirror i been saying from ep1 they had problems if their marriage crumble so fast.

@tessieroo...i thought what kind of joke sy was playing when she was telling hj that sh gave up everything for her....im sorry everyone says shes beautiful and smart....i laughed the most at this scene because sy not too smart to realize telling the wife of the man you like that he still loves you....honestly....thats just cruel and adding salt to hj injuries.
. I am so looking forward to hj rebounding dressed to the nines and making her entrance at that party you mentioned....you know we got one coming....
@songtre....there is something we the audiance don't know and im sure so hopefully we get some insight to the past, because it is obvious that they loved each other deeply until this certain point which i think is the loss of the baby which like all kdrama generally means no more babies...who knows but we rly need backstory.

Guest cececece

I think a few people here are no longer able to write objectively because they get too emotional and cynical. Relax everyone it's just a drama. Not worth getting worked up for a drama. Peace.

@nabuta2 - Oh, good point! Yea, I've figured out I'm not very forgiving while watching this. (LOL) Maybe that's the reason I'm happy HJ gave him divorce papers? Watching him frolic in the water with SY, travel overnight with SY, care for SY's ouchy on her foot, smile at her, laugh with her and then confess - I like you, I think about you, I miss you. BUT I love my wife. MEH? 
I wouldn't take him back. Is HJ an obligation he can't refuse? Pfftttt, she'll get along just fine without Mr lets-have-a-staring-contest. What woman wants to hear she's an obligation? Granted, HJ doesn't know he's done all those things with SY but she can sense he has, she can sense he likes this woman and is attracted to her. So should she become the crazy wife who forces her husband to stay married even if he's thinking about and missing another woman? And she's right: I too wouldn't be able to get it out of my head. (ie - did she call him? did he see her?) Why be miserable with those kinds of thought eating away at you? I say let him go. 
That makes SY happy, that makes SH happy and I'm not worried about HJ at all, she'll be just fine. 

tessieroo said: @nabuta2 - Oh, good point! Yea, I've figured out I'm not very forgiving while watching this. (LOL) Maybe that's the reason I'm happy HJ gave him divorce papers? Watching him frolic in the water with SY, travel overnight with SY, care for SY's ouchy on her foot, smile at her, laugh with her and then confess - I like you, I think about you, I miss you. BUT I love my wife. MEH? 
I wouldn't take him back. Is HJ an obligation he can't refuse? Pfftttt, she'll get along just fine without Mr lets-have-a-staring-contest. What woman wants to hear she's an obligation? Granted, HJ doesn't know he's done all those things with SY but she can sense he has, she can sense he likes this woman and is attracted to her. So should she become the crazy wife who forces her husband to stay married even if he's thinking about and missing another woman? And she's right: I too wouldn't be able to get it out of my head. (ie - did she call him? did he see her?) Why be miserable with those kinds of thought eating away at you? I say let him go. 
That makes SY happy, that makes SH happy and I'm not worried about HJ at all, she'll be just fine. 

I think a few people here are no longer able to write objectively because they get too emotional and cynical. Relax everyone it's just a drama. Not worth getting worked up for a drama. Peace.

Am I one of those few people eh! Hehe! Jk!

My posts may be "too emotional" and "cynical" but I wrote exactly how I felt while I was watching the drama!

Archived