[Drama 2014] Journal of the Night Watchmen 야경꾼 일지

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="entry-title"[Drama News] The Night Watchman Confirms Jung Il Woo and Yunho & Courted Go Sung Hee Posted in Drama News 

未命名_meitu_0

A big hurray to Jung Il Woo‘s fans as the man has confirmed to lead  in the upcoming MBC’s fantasy sageuk drama The Night Watchman (previously known as The Night Watchman’s Journal). Meanwhile news broke out today that TVXQ’s Yunho is also confirmed and become the latest addition to the drama whereas relatively newcomer actress Go Sung Hee is reported to be have been offered to play the leading lady role.

Continue reading → http://crazy9drama.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/drama-news-the-night-watchman-confirms-jung-il-woo-and-yunho-courted-go-sung-hee/

Guest maea18

Yunho is also RUMORED to be part of the cast? i hope it all stay just a rumor and not gonna happen.. i don't have anything against about him, i salute his determination in acting but his determination only turned to a disappointment to many.. sorry for my honest opinion.. :((

TVXQ'a Yunho cast in 'The NIght Watchman's Journal' with Jung Il Woo class="titleNews" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"

Jumping into acting mode again, TVXQ′s U-know Yunho was recently cast in the new drama, The Night Watchman′s Journal

The news of Yunho′s participation in the upcoming MBC drama became known through several MBC broadcast affiliates on May 27. This will be his return to the drama work after about a year and three months, following SBS′ Yawang.

TVXQ′s Yunho cast in ′The Night Watchman′s Journal′ with Jung Il Woo

Yunho will be acting as a cold-hearted and serious man, who is popular around the ladies. Cast before Yunho was Jung Il Woo, who will play the lead of Lee Rin, a prince of good wealth that lives as a rebel due to internal struggles. 

The Night Watchman′s Journal is a fushion sageuk about a night watchman who catches ghosts at night. The drama will broadcast in July following Triangle

Photo Credit: SM Entertainment

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/66911/tvxq-yunho-acts-again

Jung Il Woo and TVXQ’s Yunho confirmed for ‘The Night Watchman’

" see also: jung il woo and go sung hee revealed to be strong candidates for drama "the night watchman" the role he will be playing is lee rin, a man with good looks.

Jung Il Woo and TVXQ’s Yunho confirmed for ‘The Night Watchman’

Jung Il Woo has been confirmed for MBC“s new Monday-Tuesday drama “The Night Watchman“!

He said, “I”ve decided to take on the male lead role of “The Night Watchman”. The “Night Watchman” role that I”ve never seen in other dramas appealed to me. It”s my first time playing a character like this, so I”m nervous, but I”m looking forward to it even more, so I”ll be able to show a different side of me. Please anticipate it.

SEE ALSO: Jung Il Woo and Go Sung Hee revealed to be strong candidates for drama “The Night Watchman”

The role he will be playing is Lee Rin, a man with good looks, money, and fame, but led a delinquent life as a prince because of his inner pains. He gets the ability to see ghosts and becomes a “Night Watchman”. He matures as he gets rid of ghosts and sees how his people live.

In addition, TVXQ”s Yunho will be joining him in the drama as a handsome man who is popular with the ladies despite his cold and curt personality.

The drama will start airing in July!

Source: www.allkpop.com

yoonmi66 said: Will be keeping an eye out for this drama, because Jung Il-woo currently has me enthralled in Return of Iljimae.
Just a reminder that full Dramabeans articles SHOULD NOT be posted on forums, as stated in their FAQ.

Can I repost your recaps or news articles on my blog?

No.

Why not? Everyone else does it.

Those people are doing it without permission, and against our wishes. Feel free to link or excerpt, but taking entire posts violates internet etiquette. Possibly also copyright rules, net ethics (nethics?), and basic decency to humankind and kittens. Think of the kittens!

http://www.dramabeans.com/faq/

Guest yeohweping

2014052717522862055_2.jpg

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2014052717522862055

MBC "Journals of the night watchmen" changes the original script concept of having three guys and a girl in the foursome team of night watchmen to two guys and two girls with the confirmation of the leads (Jung Il Woo, Go Sung Hee, Jung Yun Ho, Seo Ye Ji).

2 guys and 2 girls, i guess they are aiming for more romance. 

amienguyen said: I honestly can't wait to watch this EVEN with YUNHO because I love to see someone try to grow as an actor ..he needs improvement but I will support and plus the drama sounds fun. 

Guest msmall

I don't really understand why so many people are not thrilled with the idea of Yunho joining this drama. He was in Queen of Ambition which I found to be quite bearable compared to other idol-turned-actors in other dramas. I have not seen any other projects featuring Yunho, but I thought he did an excellent job considering the fact that he's an idol actor. Did he deserve the best acting award? No, but he was definitely watchable in Queen of Ambition.

Guest Jung-Fa5oor

[iNFO] Jung Yunho, Jung Il-woo, Go Sunghee and Seo Yeji confirmed as the lead actors for MBC 'Night Watchman's Journal'
tumblr_inline_n69g2tNgRo1s32o5d.jpg

Yunho will be taking up the role of ‘Musuk’, who has the highest swordsmanship in Chosun, he is a icy-cold pretty man with a cold smile. Since young, he grew up under strict education and martial arts training, and is a competent man when grown up. As Lee Lyn’s (Jung Il-woo) guard, he meets Do Ha (Go Sunghee) and is expected to pit against Lee Lyn because of the relationship with Do Ha. 

MBC ‘Night Watchman’s Journal’ is scheduled to broadcast its first episode at the end of July 2014, after <Triangle> and will be aired every Monday and Tuesday.

F: mydaily.co.kr / trans by shinkipeia

Jung Il Woo, life and death hang in the youth fantasy dramas
http:
63812291.2.jpg

July broadcast MBC ' watchman journal ' appearance
I join the military next year, a new leap forward greedy

Jung Il Woo eight groups of actors '7 'challenge waiting .

Jung Il Woo is scheduled for July new MBC TV Drama ' Charlie journal ' appeared to be the first youth fantasy dramas . Meanwhile, a completely different character and personality played well as he was around then too high expectations .

' Charlie journal ' is ' Sungkyunkwan Scandal ' mongrae Publisher future of this ' second Sungkyunkwan Scandal ' which aims to produce work. Broadcast through a virtual cast netizens before and reveals a high level of interest . Jung Il Woo movie about a ghost with the ability to see the watchman station smoke . CME wealth and honor , but the pain of the inner lives of characters wiak Jung Il Woo to tremble and will showcase the emotional heavy smoke .

' Charlie journal "is meant to give Jung Il Woo is more special.
. Star K Entertainment agency said, " Fantasy is great interest in the water and read Jung Il Woo as soon as the drama Synopsis felt very attractive " and " ahead of military service is a significant attachment to this work ," he said.

Guest Jung-Fa5oor

class="at_title" style="text-align: left; padding: 0px 14px; margin: 0px; font-size: 32px; list-style: none; line-height: 38px; letter-spacing: -0.04em; clear: both; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: 'Noto Sans', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"TVXQ Yunho, Casted For 'The Night Watchmen'... Turning Into A Cold Man
Group TVXQ's member Yunho was casted for the newMBC drama "The Night Watchmen".

9au77118_1.jpg

According to representatives today, Yunho recently confirmed coming out on this drama. The role he will be playing is one of cold and unexpressive personality and is popular due to his good looks but only looks to one girl that he loves.

Jung Il Woo was also confirmed as a cast for this drama. He is a rebellious kid who can see ghosts.

"The Night Watchmen" is about securities in the Chosun days of Korea trying to catch ghosts. It will start airing in July.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/93054/20140528/tvxq-yunho-casted-for-the-night-watchman-turning-into-a-cold-man.htm

Guest maea18

i was really really looking forward to this drama, the plot of the story is good  (based on what i've read so far) and of course having JIW as the lead,, but i'm kinda disappointed with some cast.. i'm just gonna wait until ep. 1 to 3 and i'll decide if i stick to this.. (unless LMH '93 would be part of the cast i will endure seeing some scene with the other character) :))
http://koalasplayground.com/2014/05/27/55068/ i just want to share this, can't really post it here cause it's forbidden to take out the article from the blog.. but yeah @/ockoala and me (maybe other people here)have same thoughts about where this drama is going with the newly added cast.. 

I was meh at the idea of another F4 kind of drama but I have to say they got my interest now that they cast 2 guys and 2 girls for (I assume) the ghostbuster team. It could be interesting if they don't focus only on the romance.

Female Casting Has Been Completed for “The Night Watchman”

The main roles of mbc’s new monday tuesday drama, “the night watchman,” has been completed. “the night watchman” is about a watchman who patrols from nine.

Female Casting Has Been Completed for “The Night Watchman”

The main roles of MBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama, “The Night Watchman,” has been completed. During the beginning of pre-production, the original plan was to cast three male actors and one female actor, however, they changed it to two male actors and two female actors.

“The Night Watchman” is about a watchman who patrols from nine to five at night to catch ghosts.

It has been confirmed that actor Jung Il Woo will be playing the role of Lee Rin and TVXQ’s Yunho will be playing the role of Mu Seok. For the roles of Do Hwa and Soo Ryun, actress Go Sung Hee and Seo Yae Ji has been confirmed.

The casting of rookie actresses is what caught the attention of many people. According to an official, they explained that, “The director decided that rather than casting an actress with many different images, casting a fresh face would be better. The director made this decision right from the beginning.”

In the beginning, the story was focused on the cold, elite In Oh, the pretty boy Mu Jin, the innocent Chul Joo and the main female lead, Do Ha.

However, the number of main male and female roles has been changed. Although the genre is historical, the romance part of the drama will increase, making this a fantasy, romance drama.

The company, Raemongraein, will be in charge of production for this drama as they have been successful with the drama, “Sungkyunkwan Scandal.”

“The Night Watchman” will be aired in July after the current drama, “Triangle,” comes to an end.

Source: www.soompi.com

We still do not know anything about the scriptwriter... !

Newbie actresses can surprise us.... there were a couple of them in the last couple of years in Korean films who came out of nowhere, and with no experience to win international awards. (Kim Go-Eun in "A Muse" and Lee Yoo-Young in "Late Spring")

Yunho I can take for a 20 episode drama. I loved Yawang, and frankly Yunhoo did not bother me so much in that drama.  I have seen far worst acting idols than he was... For sure, he can learn, and improve, and I think it is wise of him to go for shorter drama with great actors whom he can learn from.  And II totally agree with @amienguen to give people a chance to grow as actors.  I must say that I find the description of his character contradictory... Cold and full of love? Really?

I will give a try to just about anything with Jung Il-woo...

If I really do not like it (i.e. Golden Rainbow),  I will still fast forward just to his parts, because he is one actor who is so awesome to watch in action. His acting is exquisite.

[Got info from twitter]

@M19870909 : 정배우 화이팅  #야경꾼일지 #0530 대본리딩

Trans by @ilwoo_aein: Actor Jung (Ilwoo) fighting! 30 May 'The Night Watchman' script-reading

>> I need more updates regarding this.

I read Yoon Tae-Young  is joining the cast too.

Koala's analyzes always look so shallow and subjective to me, i rarely take her seriously, in consideration to watch or not any drama or to form an opinion. 
Edit:
Yes, from twitter:
@yeohweping:

http://m.media.daum.net/m/entertain/newsview/20140530110704072  Yoon Tae Young confirms casting in MBC "Journals of the night watchmen".

Archived