Coconut Oil for hair usage

thitu

Have any of you used coconut oil as a hair mask for your hair? If you have, have you noticed that despite leaving your hair so silky after, it makes your hair falling out even more? Is it just me or anyone else has experienced this? 

Guest koreankimchi123

I'm used to use it as hair mask before shampoo but no, it doesn't make my hair fall out.

Maybe you have very thin hair that do badly in the weight of oil or your scalp is too sensitive.

Guest heartkiller

i've never had any trouble using it i use it before i shampoo sometimes and after i wash my hair ill put some in. i actually dont see why it would make your hair fall out,... are you brushing it after you put it in your hair? if so just take a wide tooth comb and see how that works 

@heart[killer], no i dont brush it right after I put it on and I apply coconut oil when my hair is dry, let it sit on for 45-60 minutes, rinse and wash with shampoo for 2 times. I dont know why but I see my hair fall out as I shampoo my hair after the applying process. Or maybe like koreankimchi said that my scalp is sensitive to oil then.

Guest rosie93

I tried it for awhile and had no problem with it , have you tried to use olive oil mixed with honey ? Try not to put a lot of oil over your head and focus at the hair ends and the middle , two years ago i had a problem to get oil out of my scalp whenever i wash it it stay oily then i tried the way i said before and it works for me .

Guest ThaibinhT

i absolutely love using coconut oil for my hair! it's strange that your hair is falling off after you use it as a mask, maybe you have a coconut allergy? i've found that using avocado oil is really good for your hair also

• 3 months later...
Guest jolive213

I have used it... it is good for hair... I think you will hardly get someone like you, having problem with coconut oil....

Guest bajgajka

I apply coconut oil only to the ends of my hair after washing it with shampoo. I just leave it there as a leave-n conditioner. :) Have you ever tried to use olive oil? It's very good for damaged hair and can help you if your hair is falling out.

I LOVE coconut oil! I use it for everything! Face and body moisturizer, makeup remover, and hair masks. I wonder if you're having an allergic reaction to coconut oil. Are you fine when you consume foods with coconut in it?
Also, I wouldn't put ANY conditioners or hair masks on my scalp/near my roots because oil already gets produced there so I'm just going to end up with oily hair faster.
 I just concentrate the coconut oil on the ends of my hair because that's where I really need it.
I may make a video on the uses of coconut oil because this stuff really saved my hair and skin!

Guest minaline

I still use it regularly when shampooing and my hair is not like you, I do not understand why your hair falling out, your hair can not appropriate with coconut oil

Guest carissabrown

Hello, It depends on your hair type as well as scalp type. But, the fact is coconut oil has been proven a good hair massage oil.If you apply this oil at night and wash it in the morning then you will definitely get the effective result. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest juchocho

I have used it before but I didn't like it... I have sensitive scalp too and it made my hair heavy and hated the feeling of them touching my scalp... I also get irritations so I immediately stopped using it.  I know for a fact that there are people who gets benefit effect from it, but I guess each individual is different.  

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jolive213

thitu said: Have any of you used coconut oil as a hair mask for your hair? If you have, have you noticed that despite leaving your hair so silky after, it makes your hair falling out even more? Is it just me or anyone else has experienced this? 

Archived