[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

wow what an episode!... so many feelings and thoughts going through my head... so many scenes that i feel like talking about... the ridiculously funny scenes as well as those quiet little moments soaked in so much emotion that they go straight to the heart :)
But there are too many so allow me to describe just one scene, the one that completely broke my heart... with no tears, just a laugh, a painful laugh that makes you wanna cry... we see Geon in his secret chamber, laughing to GD in the painting and saying "Gaedongah, i asked your mum out for dinner tonight and got rejected hahaha! but seriously, tonight your mum was so cool, so so great!..." and then he turns the globe on his desk, points at France, and says "Let's go... we can't let your Omma go back alone to Paris, so i'm going to send you to her... you need to go with her in place of Appa" ........this scene was sublime, the acting, the execution, the writing... heartbreaking but oh so beautiful  =D>

Now for the most intriguing bit from the episode - the appearance of the "lollipop man" painting. There's no doubt that the man is Geon. What is intriguing is the meaning behind the painting. Especially since it was the first painting she did in Paris (at least that's what i understood, somebody please correct me if it's wrong). If my memory serves right, the lollipop/candy represents happiness (MY gave it to Geon in ep2 as a sign of her wish that he'll find happiness, reason being people who like sweet things are the people who truly long for happiness). So do we interpret this as:
(1) MY sincerely wishing Geon happiness even after the tragedy? did she forgive him despite all the pain?, or...
(2) MY subconsciously equating her own happiness to Geon? Since all the candy is trapped within the silhouette of the man.
I'm more inclined towards the second interpretation. Because that would explain why MY was visibly uncomfortable when Daniel brought the painting and unwrapped it. It would also explain why Geon looked gobsmacked when he saw the painting, the way he was rooted to the spot speechless. Looked like he had been hit by a realization there. He had believed 3 years ago that letting her go was the best way to let her find happiness. Does he now finally realize that he may have been very wrong??

Well looks like ep17 is going to be a very interesting episode :)

Sunset90 said: Sometimes when I see MY, I think she atleast had the support of Daniel and her mom...

But Lee Gun is worse... He never told anyone what he did, why he did it, had no one to lean on at all... 
I always see Daniel besides MY... Yes I feel sad for her, but I don't feel the need to console her
... But when LG is crying, I feel like hugging him... He seems like he has no way of venting his real feelings.

Sera really annoyed me in this episode. Actually I am also frustrated by MY, to me she seems harder/weaker than when she was before. Now she seems to hold her feelings to herself and she is piling them up. I want to see her more bright (just like in the first eps), but I guess I understand her cuz she thinks LG doesnt love her and is playing with her. 
Sera had her chance to come clean, she made the life of two peoples miserable and she also had an indirect hand in killing their baby. I so cant wait for the moment when LG realizes what Sera has done to MY. I hope he will not be so quick in forgiving her. 
And MY and LG nees to GET BACK TOGETHER LIKE NOW!!!!!!!!!!! PLease let us have more lovey dovey scenes (I want a bed scene, more kisses and hugs and teasings/flirting).

In episode 2 ... MY gave the candy to Geon in Macau ... telling him that it's supposed to make your love come true if you use it to confess your love ... and it's something she wants to believe because people who likes candy are people who wishes to be happy. (something along that line)
so candy = used to confess one's love and it will come true and candy is also =  happiness ... so when Geon see that painting she did the 3 years they were separated which looks like him and it has candy all over his image ... that has to tell him that MY still has feelings for him and that he's her happiness ... which is ironic since he pushes her away supposedly so she can be happy without him. whyyyyyyyyyyy Geonie ... you wasted the 3 years of happiness you could have had with MY and Gaedong if you had not been an idiot.
so while Geon having seen MY's heart should be going full force after her instead of holding back ... I'm not sure MY will give in so easily ... she's probably going to be mad for a little while more (hopefully only 1 episode) towards him for the LYJ nonsense ... 

I'm sorry.  I try to like SR, but I just don't.  I've tried to understand SR the entire drama, but she's just irrelevant after episode 8, yet she keeps showing up. Today, she showed up before MY, acting like the Madame she is not, when she needs to be apologizing for her lying, deceitfulness.  I dislike her even more now.  I do not feel pity for her. I try, but I just don't.  Yeah, it would be nice to be reunited with her brother and to be shielded from her awful mother, but really, I don't care. 
Sera, hurry up and go back to ballet and get your meddling ways out of Gun's life! ~X(

@only1khj, sera does sort of make you dislike her.  I tried to not dislike her because of her voldemort mother.  But, she just doesn't allow you to like her.  She's not aggressively evil, it's more of a passive-aggressive type of evil.  She's not pulling MY's hair, throwing water or slapping her.  Yet, she's doing something so much worse, she's destroying MY's heart.  She's blaming MY but in reality she's suffering because of the decisions she made.  She chose not to go to Macau and her choice led to LG meeting the most important person in his life.
Yet for 3 years she has hung around LG hoping for something that won't happen, putting on a public face while suffering alone.
On another note, did anyone notice that when Daniel and MY was walking in the rain under the umbrella he had his arm around her shoulder but she did not hug his waist.  Instead, she had her arms behind her back.

I haven't watched ep 16 yet, but from what ive seen in screencaps here se ra needs to back the f**k off, like seriously b***h go away. I was ok with her character in ep 13-14 and even 15, but judging from the screen caps she's just gone back to point 0. She has no right to tell MY who she can or can't work with like wtf you don't own her, you don't even have a relationship with Geon and you know it u dumb b**ch  just back off. 
If i were MY i'd be like:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLNJ-OWnqTIqbwdcwJsvR

Guest snailcouplefan

I agree I don't think My should get Daniel's hopes up.  It's been 3 years and she isn't in love with him.  If she doesn't know if she is thankful or in love it pretty much tells you you're not in love.   She was and is in love with Gunn, she knows how it feels.  I can believe she may be afraid of losing Daniel or that she believes her feelings may change but after these last two episodes I can't see how she can think that anymore.  She needs to be honest with him and be just friends,  he was honest with her and now its her turn.

Sera seemed pretty petty with My.  She knew that Gun turned her down for lunch and was noticeably disappointed when she came in the room, not My.  She needs to move on.   She had her chance with Gun, her choice wasn't the wrong one for her necessarily but all choices have consequences at times.   She lost Gun and she needs to accept that.  If she truly loved him she'd stop meddling. 

Guest melcia

How come most people look less attractive when they're tired and Jang Hyuk still looks hot as hell? Even his eye bags are cute~ 8-> Or is it just me...? Oh well, I guess I have a serious case of Hyukie fever.  :\">   

AGB ratings 8/21/14 
 National: Joseon Gunman 11.7 Fated To Love You 11.1 It's Okay That's Love 10 
 Seoul: Fated To Love You 12.9 Joseon Gunman. 11.9 It's Okay That's Love. 11.2
TnMS Ratings 8/21/14
National:It's Okay That's Love   11.2Fated To Love You.      11.1Joseon Gunman 10
Seoul:Fated To Love You.  14It's Okay That's Love 13.8Joseon Gunman. 10.7

Guest chunnogirl33

that's true, but Gun would have felt guilty being consoled.  he wanted to pass all the happiness he could have to MY.  he lived like a dead man walking. 

he didn't think he deserved to be happy after causing MY so much pain and being complicit in losing their child.  the only happiness he sought during that time was knowing that MY was having a happy living life away from the pain he caused her

Gun was previously always this positive, sort of luminous person.  Very optimistic, sure that Se Ra would end up with him, despite the many years of separation.  Always making grand plans, looking forward.  There's a sort of idea that he gave up on all that, and spent his entire existence trying to build up that business to leave to MY in his will, after his death that he felt was coming.  He doesn't even care about an heir or being a 9th son, he wants Dragon to do it.  Being the 30th son or w/e was so important to him, but even that legacy is meaningless when it means building a family or living a life apart from MY.  It's like he gave all his light to MY, and that's why she is able to live this luminous glamorous life.

There's a couple interesting, but speculative things going on since the time jump

1) is this idea that, although Daniel is the one next to her, and comforting her, really what gives that light to MY is Gun.  Daniel introduced MY to paris, and art but Gun is the one who INSPIRED her (the cups she made for him, the happiness and the pain that drives her work).  Gun is her true collaborator, the one who has always been able to make her see herself in her true light, the way Gun himself has always seen her.  when she's stymied or frustrated, it's Gun who can make her laugh and walk her through the darkness. Daniel, even though a much better man and a much better lover is insufficient.  I mean Daniel could have gotten her into art school and maybe MY would have been a fine technical artist but it would just have been a shell.  But without Gun, that breakthrough of valuing herself, and finding something in herself to express is something Daniel could have never drawn out of MY or enabled MY to find in herself.

2) it's also kind of reinforced in Se Ra.  although she didn't appreciate it, it seems in the drama that the "brightest" times of her life is when she had that light of Gun around her.  when she had that full affect of his love and support, she was effortlessly happy, successful and luminous.  when Gun left her so did that halo.  in his proposal Gun was talking about how he wanted to be the one there to absorb the hard times and be her support.  despite his silliness, there's the idea that he does do that

And how did a @happyboy‌ manage to make me cry like this?