[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

Guest kenkai

gumi said: Lmangla said:

even the bed sheets are the same... but at least that makes sense.. but 3 years later and he is still wearing the same pajamas??????..... good fabric, good washing machine or good detergent?

Hello, guys! I was absent from the thread during the airing and still not ready to write my review yet (since I haven’t watched the last two episodes with subs) but I just couldn’t help commenting on today’s ending scene.
So here it is:

First of all it was very interesting to see how the PD decided to put Daniel into Gun’s shoes with the sudden proposal. (I seriously love the PD here =)) :D  :-bd ). I didn’t expect it. But I must say I was so immensely proud of our MY! :-bd :x  She hasn’t succumbed to the temptation (and tempted she was!) to have her painting back by ignoring Daniel’s invitation. Unlike Sera she has put into higher regard the feelings of her dear friend and confidant who were there for her during her lowest times. Even knowing that she can’t accept Daniel feelings she decided to at least hear him out thus granting him a chance and showing that she cares. I absolutely love her for it! :x  She knows the real value of things and people. And the proposal itself was so magical, so bittersweet and sad and touching. You can feel the depth of his feelings and their sincerity. And despite the brave and confident facade Daniel was showing, I’m more than sure he was shaking in his shoes. I never would have guessed that Daniel chooses to propose with the sand paintings. So very charming, just like him! Any other woman would gladly say *yes* but with MY I have no fear of her accepting Daniel’s feelings and proposal. She has a firsthand experience of how things usually turn out when you step into the marriage without love. As I’ve said, Daniel is a very precious friend to her and she wouldn’t want to lose him in such a way. And it would be the road of destruction for their friendship. I think she knows it’s best to end things swiftly and in one blow than dragging it all out and hurting him even more.
I only pity that Gun won’t see the end of it and by leaving would jump to the unnecessary conclusions again.
Btw about Gun, It was so depressing to see him being the shelf of his old boisterous self. :(( He looks like deflated balloon. And it hurts. :(( He still keeps running from MY (the very opposite thing I of what I thought/hoped he would be doing) but at the same time he knows that he can’t and doesn’t want to let her go. That’s why he plays this game of ball and chain with the painting. That is the only way to keep MY close. So silly. I want my Gun back!!! Even his laugh sounds hoarse and forced to my ears.
What these two really need right now is to have a good talk, a good fight and a good cry together. To really communicate face to face all their pain, guilt, anger and fears. Only then they would be able to let go of their past and start again without any regrets holding them back.

Oh one more self-parody of Jang Hyuk today. MY texted him "can I call u unni?" thinkijg he is an older female...and LG mutters, unni? Sounds familiar. And the audience was laughing crazy cuz thats a reference to Chuno. There, he was called Daegil unni, cuz in ancient times guys could b called unni too(but not many sageuk dramas actually use the word unni for males cuz it sounds too feminine now. So it is something pretty unique to Chuno) This drama is rly gonna make use of every single thing Jang Hyuk ever did lol

fiovial said: @yoeda‌ hahahahhahahahahahahhaha...... chinggu what you said about Shin Min Ah nagaaaa or lagging on Hyukie's face and clicking on his lips multiple times...that's pure comedic writing!! You should join the FTLY writing team!! Hmmmmmmm I should check..did I give you OOT stamp? I am on mobile like 99% of the time. :-/ 

gumi said: Oh one more self-parody of Jang Hyuk today. MY texted him "can I call u unni?" thinkijg he is an older female...and LG mutters, unni? Sounds familiar. And the audience was laughing crazy cuz thats a reference to Chuno. There, he was called Daegil unni, cuz in ancient times guys could b called unni too(but not many sageuk dramas actually use the word unni for males cuz it sounds too feminine now. So it is something pretty unique to Chuno) This drama is rly gonna make use of every single thing Jang Hyuk ever did lol

Boy how I love this drama but dread coming to this thread I gave up on trying to keep up with it the pages are moving like so fast and out of this world..

Woow Daniel popping the question Lg got his work cut out to get snail back Daniel has always known My was a diamond that needed shaping and polishing he saw her potential.. Father overlock (Lg) know need for a needle and thread any more you got work to do.. It's time to break out some of ""Thing""" Adams family stunt and get what you want.. 

Jang Hyuk looked so frail in this episode.  Give the man some rest and food, please!
Jang NaRa looks so tired too.  Staff, take care of her, please! She will blow away in a good wind like a dandelion. 
@snowflakesj16: I like your scenario a lot. It makes sense in this drama for DP to be the one needing comfort, especially since the writers have done so little with the character of SR.  She's was the catalyst for the series of events, but that's about it.  WJW hasn't had much screen time as the second lead.  I thought they would develop  more of her relationship with her mother.  Of course, the less screen time for other actors, the more for the OTP.  It's  a trade-off, I guess.
EVERYBODY, MY PREDICTION: LG IS WALKING OUT THAT DOOR NEXT WEDNESDAY!  
I hope this was JH's last episode of poor, pitiful Gunnie-ssi. DP's proposal will not be the event that causes him to pursue MY again.  LG respects DP as a man and in his current mental and emotional state will be the martyr and sacrifice his love for DP/MY's happiness.  Lee Gun thinks he's only ever hurt MY and he will let her go after this proposal....unless....these fantastic writers come up with a catalyst that propels him.  Like a call from Dr. Octopus that leads to a false diagnosis of HD or the divorce documents are discovered, or the fake sister and her friend take revenge on MY in some way and LG/DP get to play super-heroes and rescue her.  I can't wait to see JH, also known as Gun, Lee Gun in super-hero, super-spy mode!
I will be so disappointed if we get only one episode or less to wrap-up the love story. I've watched enough K-drama to know it can be a very sloppy ending, leaving you scratching your head, or so mad that you just...well, we won't go there.  "Marry Him, if You Dare", but I'm not naming names. 
I had high hopes for this remake because they have an outline to follow from the TW-version and manga, and it's fewer episodes, so they can take out the time fillers and give us something magical.  Which they have been doing!  
Right now, we've got DP/MY proposal, SR/Mom conflict, LG/MY broken relationship, LG's illness, LG/MY reconciliation, Mistress/Elder company take-over plotting, DP still has to find his sister,  Little bro/MY's friend relationship, and I'm sure I've left out something, but all of that to wrap up in 6 episodes! 
I want a real proposal-Gun, Lee Gun style!I want a real wedding with a ring for MY only!I want a baby(ies)! Twins would be awesome!I want time to see LG/MY and baby(ies) interacting as a family!
WAAAAAHHHH!! Am I a whiner, or what? Come on, writers! Do what you do best and amaze us!
FtLY, Fighting!

:)>-
We've been discussing amiably over the merits of FTLY & how we love it to bits despite the recent cry fest in ep 12. It is like a happy Snail family here for the past 12 episodes when we were fangirling together over our leads.Then , BAM! All of a sudden someone (who really loves ratings) had to BUTT IN by comparing actors & ratings.Luckily we the FTLY lovers here are MATURED enough, not to start a FAN WAR! Talk about last 5 years, JH's hit CHUNO is only 4 years old and JH is also an established movie actor, mind you! 

For fated to run 20 episodes, we need 2 episodes of complete sepaeation before OTP gets back together.  I've not heard of any other overseas shooting so it is not clear where Daniel and MY will go. My sense is that there will be dating but no romance.  The more interesting question is what does the writer do with these plot lines  1) Geon's continuing refusal to date/get married.  Would not be surprised if SeRa tries to get back into the game. 2) The dating of Geon's half-brother.  I expect that he will be engaged first and his partner is clearly MY's friend. (Their wedding may be next meeting of Geon and MY.  3) What conspiracy the mistress cooks up to take company away from Geon.  

I don't expect that anyone will act as a matchmaker although Geon's half brother and MY's friend could do it.  Still I don't expect this to start till end of episode 16 or start of 17.

Why my heart aches for Gun....if only MY knew what Gun has been doing for her for the last 3 years..she will love him more. Gun is a change man because of her.. and I bet she will be surprise to know that while she is in Paris Both her omma and Gun has became closer.we cannot deny that Daniel has been a lot of help and support during her most difficult times..we all appreciate that.

I like to believe that 3 years of being together I don't think MY had truly fallen in love with Daniel..it always have been a brotherly love for her... 3 years ago, and 3 years now..it will be the same on my personal point of view:MY will never love Daniel, the way she loved Gun..being thankful and grateful are different from being in love .

my other point is it and always have been Daniel who is in love and not vice versa..MY can't reciprocate his love..

It hadn't been disclosed that both MY and Daniel is in a relationship..it is always the latter who makes his move towards her. As we see in some scenes MY feels a bit awkward whenever He tries to make a move..

Daniel proposing to MY is one premature move for me! For once,it is not establish a romantic status between them.I don't feel excitement /

giddiness at all...unlike with my Gun with MY..

Pls don't get me wrong, I like Daniel as a oppa/bestfriend to. MY..but not as a lover..

I hope Daniel will be contented as friend to MY.. just like SR with Gun..

@AlanR: IMO we have had 2 episodes of enough separation, preceded by the 3 year road trip to Paris that was mercifully wrapped up with a time jump, which I hate as a plot device, but was oh-so-happy for it this time.
It is fun to ponder on what the writers will do to wrap up all the story in 6 episodes.  This cast and crew have been so excellent.  I have faith that we will be delighted with the final product and cry buckets of tears when they say, "That's a wrap!  Good job, everyone!"

Okay guys. That was hands down the best 2nd lead confession on the planet. I almost switched sides. Gun's win her back strategy better impress.

My korean drama schedule is packed. Mon -Tues has the nightwatchman, Wed- Thurs "Fated to love you", Fri- Sat "Marriage not dating and Sat - sun "jang bori is here". What are you guys watching?

Guest zetutume

I seriously dont care how romantic the proposal was. Her reaction shows she is obviously not "that" into becoming Mrs. Daniel Pitt. 
She is as always going along for his sake. 
Damn.. she thinks she does not love Gun!! I am hoping this proposal will make her see the light. She needs to pursue Gun and not let him run. 
I have been hoping she'd be the pursuer with a new found courage.

Lee Gun... what are you going to do now? Cant wait for Next week now! 

[-(