[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

ChelseaS said: I don't think people are serious when they say "she's been waiting for 12 years." It's just that JNR said in an interview that she regrets not kissing JH 12 years ago. It's not like people are actually picturing JNR waiting for the moment when she gets to finally kiss JH.

kaddict92 said: Woah 315+pages already. 
....and wow that Chinese speculation about amnesia. Greatttttt. I feel betrayed hearing this news...I had high hopes because one ofthe writers wrote Soulmate and it was one of my favorite drama evenwith the 'lame' ending. 
I don't mind the losing baby because that was part of original and will be a lesson for the two leads but honestly amnesia. Why does it seems JH always get characters who are mentally hurt? Also reallythis kicks the flow of the narrative.
And @Kdrama-lover. I agree with you if A card is execute the right way I don't mind. There were couple dramas I did like A card like Secret Garden, Winter Sonata, and Stairway to Heaven. 

Guest Kdrama-lover

@kawaiibooty.. Anyong and welcome to FTLY thread.. love for you to be with us.. in appreciating this great series and in fangirling, too.. :-* ;) :x
 @ kaddict92 Nice to know we agree on that.. I believe many out there are only disgusted at the poor execution over the issue of it being a cliche..

Guest Kdrama-lover

Can I make a request.. am finding it hard to search for "uri dog-poop-ie" mug picture.. can someone help me out? juz wanna make it my profile picture.

Can I make a request.. am finding it hard to search for "uri dog-poop-ie" mug picture.. can someone help me out? juz wanna make it my profile picture.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/07/fated-to-love-you-episode-9/ You can scroll down and see the picture of dog poppie mug in side view during the auction.. I hope there will be someone who can provide a better picture of it.. :-)

Kdrama-lover said: @kappy, yeah I was also surprised seeing MYgetting out from the bathroom wrappedin a towel.. isn't it that it was one of her "gifts" for LG? Bcoz why of all days does it have to be his birthday? Hmmm.. :)) ;) :-\" @‌ sunset90 nice editting on the snail.. nowit's really the symbol for "Yuri dal peng-i" .. ;;) @maryamzulaikha‌ thanks for sharing. Nice to know uri JH contributes some great ideas to the drama.. Wahh! I am still at page 294, went out yesterday so need to catch up quick. . This thread is so fast, and I love reading every post.. #:-S

Wait... so there is amnesia?! crying-waterfalls.gif

What has life amounted toWhat is even life 
If MY miscarriages while LG has amnesia, it'll just be an emotional wreck. It will top the emotional wreck meter until it blasts and launches into space. The worst thing is, we don't actually have anyone to blame. Once we watch ep 11, it will just be like diving into a pool with no water, head first. I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING ANYMORE. 

chunnogirl33 said: @juju84 I think we can't judge these characters based on the original. They are quite different. Even in the original I find "the event" excessive. But here, it would be overkill. Geon is not a jerk, he is a man with some mental issues which might be neurological or psychological, we don't know. He really does not need a trauma like this! If anything he needs to heal whatever problems he already has. If this was reality I'd say this amount of guilt would send him straight to the insane asylum. There is nothing to gain from that. Spoiler tags never work for me, let me try with coloring the text and also I will add space before the spoiler
Editing to add, the love story of Mi Young and Geon started the wrong way, but it progressed naturally and smoothly. It makes perfect sense they both had hesitations given the way they met and their personal baggage. I seriously don't understand why the story can't possibly progress in the same way. With their love story progressing slowly but surely against adversity. 

POTENTIAL SPOILER BELOW..
The chinese spoiler speculates Geon will get back his memory as he witnesses Mi Young's accident. Can you imagine how traumatic this would be? He will blame himself for getting amnesia! which he got from being stressed out and from his illness. How is any of this his fault? What purpose does this punishment serve? If he had been a jerk and we want to attribute this to bad fate or trauma or the story's way to teach him a lesson, fine. I find it horrible but fine, there are thousands of stories like that. But what exactly does Geon need to learn? And how does extreme guilt and excruciating pain make you appreciate someone? How is his pain and appreciating Mi Young connected? For him to miss her all we need is separation, We don't need a tragedy. How does a tragedy help Mi Young become more assertive? The original female lead loved the male lead without a valid reason. She was a pushover who allowed him and everyone else to bully her. The loss made more sense, because it enraged her and it gave her a reason to start defending herself. She blamed the male lead for her tragedy. How does Mi Young blaming Geon make sense here? She'll blame him for being sick and not remembering her? I'm sorry but I don't see this scenario working with the korean version characters. At least not with the information we have so far.

I'm actually not minding the amnesia plot the more I think about it.  It provides an opportunity for Geon to discover his feelings for MY without the backdrop of their one night stand. Let's say Se Ra tries to use this as an opportunity to get Geon back, but he can't help but feeling attracted to the "other" woman (MY).   Since the Korean writers have given Geon some hereditary illness (that was not in the original) and now they are giving him amnesia (temporary blindness in the original), I hope these two items will take the place of MY having a miscarriage.  By this time in the TW version of the drama, MY was already showing signs that she might miscarry.  We've had no indication of that what so ever in this drama

Sunset90 said: 21 hours left  X_XI hope the amnesia doesn't go for more than 1-2 episodes. I hope that it isn't SeRa there... I hope MY and LG have some cute moments though he doesn't remember her.... and I really hope SeRa doesn't turn too dark and cruel... [-O<

Breathe in .... Breathe out.... Breathe in... Breathe out... 
I'm gonna stop breaking my head now..... and wait patiently....
Not one more word from me till the episode is aired.... :-$

Guest chunnogirl33

@juju84 "He could be eccentric and a bit exaggerating but he is very logical and strong. And very much psychologically stable in my opinion."
Normal huh? lololol20140711180818490_99_20140711180903.jpg

I got your point though! just kidding :)

honeywell said: I'm not surprise if the chinese spoiler ends up being true.  It actually needs to happen so that both will grow up.  MY especially and Gun also really needs to break clean with Se Ra.  Like explain to her everything that has happened so that she can understand.  Gun and MY also needa to own up tontheir feelings instead of giving each mixed signals all the time.  It sucks if it does happen but I can't wait to see the fall out.  JN and JH will be amazing I'm sure.  This plot also allows Gun and MY to have a new start and actually be together because they want to be and not forced by their family or out of obli

Guest Kdrama-lover

@kara keith & sunset90 thanks for helping out. Me gonna make it profile pic by tomorrow. ;;) @kappy, that's it then.. her 1st bday gift to LG coz you know, a mug would not suffice.. 8-| >:) O:-) =)) and if not for that d__n step mom of his who knows LG might have hit a home run later that night.. :P;):)) BTW, I would like to share that I believe DP called MY to ask her where she was coz he must have been wondering then why MY hasn't shown up to get the mug she's intended as a gift for LG.. however the fact that MY lied to DP on his 2nd call to hermay mean that she must have declined DP to bring ihe mug over to her after she had answered him of her whereabouts. Well, jut my guess to Happy and your query. ;)