[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

gumi

said: I don't think this was written anywhere in interview articles, but one of the fans were physically there when JH was doing interviews at cafe, and according to her/him...The line in the last episode about Princess MY opening up the closed heart of Prince Lee Gun was Jang Hyuk's idea. He suggested it in the very beginning when they were starting to film, that it'd be great if they could include that line at the last episode. He already had the big framework of the drama in his mind, thought the general dynamics between MY and LG is MY changing LG's world, and wanted it to have fairy tale happy ending.

Fated to Love You Director’s Cut DVD’s final price has been decided as
132,000 Korean Won (as opposed to 121,000 KRW for pre-payment).

And they have decided to extend the pre-pay period so that more fans could purchase in lower price with pre-pay bonus gifts. So the pre-pay period, which was originally until September 30th 6pm KST, has been extended to October 12th 24:00 KST. Until then the previous purchase pages will be open for you to make purchase with same price as before.

Price increase could be a bad news, but that also means that our DVD turned out to be a better quality one, so please be excited :)

Thanks for the info, @gumi! I guess with the amount of material and the quality of the DVD means a higher cost. So pre-order pricing is still the same, but it's after the pre-ordering period that the DVD will be sold at its new final price? Did they extend pre-ordering because they didn't reach their goal?

akinahana89 said: Thanks for the info, @gumi! I guess with the amount of material and the quality of the DVD means a higher cost. So pre-order pricing is still the same, but it's after the pre-ordering period that the DVD will be sold at its new final price? Did they extend pre-ordering because they didn't reach their goal?

I also remember how Jang Hyuk stated somewhere in his interview, how FTLY script always arrived in books and he appreciated it.
Cuz in live-shooting situations, a lot of time actors end up receiving 'page script' rather than 'book script'. Instead of having a book with "Episode $$" written on its cover, they receive a page of script, and another page when the writer finishes writing it. If the situation gets worse, then they get 'text script'. Writer texts over the script s/he just wrote, and actors act with that. 
JH said FTLY script always arrived in a book form, which makes it so much better for the actors to act. The book script came late, but late book script is still so much better than page script....actors get to know the full story of the episode, knows how that particular scene they are filming is going to be used. I heard one actor, in page-script situation, acted a scene where he walks in hospital hallway, so he just walked. And only later he realized that that scene was right after he was in intensive care ward, he was supposed to be super sick. lol. 
JH said in FTLY case it was whole book script coming out late, and that was still so much better. He said that means the writers are putting in a lot of thoughts to the script and it's a process of creation, he respects it. 
oh when he was talking about this lack-of-sleep situation right before this whole script talk...he said there was one week when he didn't sleep in six days straight. He was 'scared' of bed scenes cuz he worried he will fall asleep. But then apparently JH and JNR were a perfect match, because when they lie on bed and act, when JH fell asleep JNR kept awake and when JNR fell asleep JH was awake. It could've easily been the case that they both fall asleep, but they acted taking turn falling asleep lol. 

Guest lowieblueme

. Hello Hello @everyone
..wow!! got so much to read and ponder ... but all of you Guys made it clear and thanks for a lovely  discussion I will not butt in because you all have said it!..

... I dont totally agree of Gunnie's pushing MY away, I mean just by saying "Im Sorry"....BUT BUT BUT I totally understand why he do that in that particular moment when he Himself is COnfuse and Sad, its only right to send MY away to spare her from his upcoming troubles... What I feel bad about is about MiYoung leaving... If I am MY, I will stay for a while and wait for Gun, but Im not MY...
... I am really grateful for the writers of FTLY...I am in awe 1000%!! up until now we are still here, discussing each scenes and having a lot of thoughts! what an impact! 

I thinnk the writer on FTLY did a really remarkable job ... true, we see the brilliant actin off the actors and JNR and JH shine even more, but if the script would have been (sorry to say so) "s**t" even the best actor could not have made it so brilliant ... a top shelf actor can make a stupid script into a good drama/show/movie, but in the end the writer need to be good, too ... the scenes they discribed and gave the actors are a base, and some actors follow thru 1 on 1, others do a lot ad lib to just change the mood, get a better flow into it, but we are stuck here because the writer and actor all worked hand in hand and delivered a brilliant piece of art (in my opinion), each time I rewatch certain scenes I am shaking my head in dibelieve, crying, laughing, grinning, rolling my eyes ... I KNOW how it ends by now and I KNOW the next scene/episode will change everything over and over again, but still it is catching and it truely stays or rather keeps me glued

On Geon's "noble idiocy"... Getting some distance from the novelty and emotion high of the moment, I now realize how Geon couldn't quite bring himself to keep MiYoung close.

It's his recognition of his accountability on GaeTtong's loss. For me, it's the fact that MiYoung ran after him that she got hit by the car that made him so guilty.

I think he knew at that moment that he could've handled pushing away MiYoung differently - he was still very much (and more so at that time) afraid of the family disease so I don't think that issue ever went away because of the miscarriage.

So the guilt just compounded his fear of death.

And he has always regarded MiYoung as someone so good and nice to the point that she'lll still forgive and try to forget.

Which was exactly what she offered him at that confrontation at the office.

And Geon was not ready to forgive himself at that moment. Much like how he cannot forgive his father yet.

That confirms Geon's personality that doesn't want to let himself off the hook that easily.

He has always been a fair man with his dealing with Sera - he was going to catch that plane and tell her he got married if she hadn't returned earlier. He was going to tell Sera about MiYoung if it were not for MiYoung who stopped him.

He had to get some time away from MiYoung until he was sure he had gotten over Sera - cleanly and thoroughly (geumgeumhagae!! Lols). Because I suspect he didn't want to come to MiYoung half heartedly.

There was no way he could do that to such a golden hearted girl.

And faced with the attack of amnesia, his fear of the disease just blew up more. He said hurtful words to the woman he just promised so much to, lead to expect so much when she clearly had told him she was afraid to expect from him. He got a picture of how he could hurt her so much while he couldn't remember her - just like how he had seen his mother hurt.

He was a man burried in fear, hiding his childhood and love scars behind his laughter.

He was such a broken man and the 3 months knowing MiYoung and the 2 months or over 1 month of living in close proximity to her was just not enough to free him from all those scars.

Geon could not really know at that time the extent of MiYoung's strength. She is kind not because she is foolish but because she chooses to be kind because that's the world she wants.

He could not have known that because their love was too young at that time - just as GaeTtong was too young to survive the tragiccar accident.

And here comes the real implication and magnitude of GaeTtong's loss: if GaeTtong didn't die, Geon would've come around eventually and as for MiYoung, we don't even need to worry about her - she's as stalwart and tough as could be and would've stuck with loving Geon. (Man, this is a woman whose credo is to go against the world by being consistently good hearted. Plus, she's the Snail Mafia Big Boss!! ;) )

And what if Geon was able to catch her at the airport?

Episode 17 for me confirms that MiYoung would've assumed the best : Geon coming after her at the airport is a hint that there's hope and more to his refusal. Just as she had to dig and confront him about his true self when his YoungJa cover was blown.

And then we'd have only 16 episodes of we were lucky or 14 max, instead of 20 ;)

We would also not have those angsty but beautiful longing scenes.

P.S. It's just life what FTLY is...didn't we all think at one point that things could be different? All those what if's. But things happen for a reason :)

Guest lowieblueme

..I'm gonna Love another Episode tomorrow.. 
...Another episode showing our Gunnie being Addicted to his Snail,, when MiYoing run away due to Yeowool sell out he becomes crazy looking out for her! .. I love how he do the physical activities while waiting for his snail's call or text message! 
..The moment of truth for Daniel not being a Father Daniel.. how sweet of him doing an effort to ask for MY forgiveness... and they become more closer..
...The Face to Face moment of CEO Lee Gun and Artist Daniel Pitt. :)  I'll notice that after the Karaoke scene where Gunnie becomes an Orange Man, its D. Pitt's time to be in Orange suit too... wardrobe people may think a WHO WORE iT BEst game! haahaha..

...The refrigerator/morning sickness scenes.. another New things for Gunnie... and their eating together in their room, Gunnie smiles when he found out that MY is not yet going to the Island.
...MY sister giving birth with Gunnie and MY help... and the SLeeping Together in the same bed will come up!
..And another frightening night for Gunnie due to MY's reading..but sweet scene came for the couple when Gunnie reads the story book for GD... aaww sweet!!! :) 

Guest psycheros

It pays to rewatch this show, you catch the little details you missed the first time around. Plus the JJangs act well together - you get to witness their chemistry and see Gun and Mi Young fall in love again.
Regarding it being a remake, it's true you can improve and build on a compelling story, but it seems the chase scene is only in the Korean version. And I personally love how it encapsulates all the motifs: candy, the ring, the chase and the dog. In the Taiwanese (TW) version, in their initial meeting he just steps on her glasses - not very dramatic. And the TW male lead helps to care for the ballerina's pet dog, so he doesn't fear them. I'm not very far along in watching the original, the remake copied some lines of dialogue verbatim, so it's very bizarre to hear Mi Young and Gun's words come out of another person's mouth, even though the TW couple said it first. 

psycheros said: Remember how Mi Young brought lingerie to Macau for Lawyer Min?2gaOb8D.jpg

She doesn't need any sexy underwear when it comes to Gun, as he thinks Mi Young is more than delectable in sweet pink pajamas that show off her.... slender arms? 
Though he's a typical guy who can't resist the sight of Mi Young clad in only a towel.
bHCyRPB.jpg

Interestingly, he thinks of Sera as poetry in motion, quiet tranquility and representative of his mother's warmth. There is little, if any, sexual connotation, which highlights his man-child perspective.
2aCKarS.jpg
But Sera is actually pretty cold in being able to temporarily postpone (or so she thought at the time) marital bliss with him to pursue her dreams. Does he know her as well as he thinks he does? It's very hard to imagine him sleeping with her, because they seem more like rough-housing playmates.

chantilly said:

I have not moved away from this show yet as I found myself watching it a second time since I did skipped thru from the 1st episode thru 2nd.  Usually I don’t re-watch until a few years later as well cuz I still remember it you know….but this show really seem to pull you in since it was just refreshingly funny.

I love most of the characters but not the part w/YONG’S cougar g/f. I don’t know it just seem too weird to me perhaps if they have found more babyish faced like JNR, even thou if she has to be older it has to be cuter for YONG no?? I mean really?? That’s the best they can do?  Sighhhh…that was the only disappointment for me of the entire cast. 

My favorite parts of the show has got to be MY’s character.

I love how while she is too submissively kind but at the same time can be so righteous and strong at the same time.  I esp love the part after the auction when she is so pale and yet still very beautiful at the same time.  I like natural beauties i/o of most female leads, madeup plaster all their faces visibly so this JNR I was so happy to see her just being naturally pale or tired.  It works for me haha…LOL…

Anyway, I esp love the part w/her saying ‘ LET’S STOP, the right thing to do now is to stop“ she clearly likes him but she is the one wanting to stop their relationship whatever it is since he never really tell her in words until the auction w/a strong kiss.  I didn’t see any of this from the TW female lead.  She was sort of too submissive thru out the whole show but she goes back to him very easily even after she really hated him for the accident and I guess that’s why I didn’t really care for both the TW leads even thou Ethan is handsome TBH but here you can very much feel and root for both characters even thou LG’s idiotic nobility in kdrama land cliché kind of break up but I actually find it really good in this plot hahaa..LOL…. Talk about weird haha..lol….and esp w/the TW one just signing over the child to the dude and then even wrote a diary and putting someone else as the MOTHER of her child???? Wow, I mean that part was really weird to me I guess that’s why I skipped thru since it was a bit too long and draggy in lots of the parts for me.

One of the commentator was right about the TW as I read previously, because it was a refreshing plot and original i/o of always copying from mangas at the time, that was why it was hugely popular and got great ratings or else w/the draggy storyline, nonsensical scenes here and there and the lame ending of having labor all at the same time I doubt it would have made it that big if not the refreshing plot. 

But surprisingly, the twists and changes in this version actually worked out really work and a lot of the characters are so fun to watch.  Anson, the TW one I didn’t like him at all.  He was never that nice to the lead too I remember but this Tak guy is just so damn convincing and funny and loyal to MY. 

Anyway, the subs are kind of different on different sites too..so weird.  One site it has this sub but on another site, it has a completely different sub.  Loh well, I guess watching it w/subs, you can never get the exact unless u speak and understand the language.