[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

@"Mustarini BellaV"‌ oh my! Thank you for the photo event pics! JH is freaking adorable! ☺

not feeling well today..been in bed the whole time..but with our messages being included in the book format and now its with JH already..the fact that this development makes me happy and overwhelmed!

Guest lovelyjen

only1khj said: I noticed a Youk Shin Won product in another drama from 2011 this week.  She must be pretty famous in SK.

This is great.  Gun's dad was a hipster. :)>-  I have a question? Do you think Gun's dad really had HD or did he panic with noble idiocy too? I don't trust Dr. Octopus' diagnostic abilities and that storyline didn't make it clear to me.  Can any of you insightful ones shed some light on this? @lovelyjen? @songielove? @akinahana89? @anyone?

only1khj said: I have a question? Do you think Gun's dad really had HD or did he panic with noble idiocy too? I don't trust Dr. Octopus' diagnostic abilities and that storyline didn't make it clear to me.  Can any of you insightful ones shed some light on this? @lovelyjen? @songielove? @akinahana89? @anyone? @only1khj
It was both. Geon's dad really did have HD and because of that, he panicked. It wasn't exactly noble idiocy in the way that Geon left Mi Young wasn't exactly noble idiocy either. The diary belonging to Geon's dad came into existence because of HD. Geon's dad left his family behind because of HD. Eventually, he realized he was wasting precious time and went back home - also because of HD; he had finally found the courage and ability to face the disease with his loved ones. Geon's dad didn't die from the disease only because the car accident claimed his life first. Had it not been for the car accident, he would have eventually succumbed to HD. Either way, he was "fated" to die at an early age. From one perspective, it was a miracle for Geon's dad since he didn't have to suffer the worst of the disease in an advanced stage and his family didn't have to watch him suffer either. On the other hand, it was also a great tragedy as the car accident took away Geon's mother after his father's shortened life became even shorter - and without warning.

I'm recalling from memory right now, but I believe the loss of memory was touched upon in one of the diary entries. I think it was cited as the reason why he left. From reading the diary, Geon was able to read words that reflected his own life at that stage. He was able to find comfort, however small it may be, that he wasn't alone in his conflicts and fears. It was almost like his father was there for him, reassuring him in his time of need - reassuring him in a way that Mi Young couldn't, because even though she was there for him, even though she would continue to be there for him, she couldn't possibly fully understand the magnitude of his fear, worries, and pressure. She couldn't fully comprehend the mental and emotional distress of having an active time bomb permanently attached to the body.

When Geon stopped Dr. Octopus at the parking lot to ask if his bout of amnesia was due to HD, Dr. Octopus said yes, he believed so because Geon's father's disease first progressed exactly the same way. That was the confirmation Geon needed to fully push Mi Young away. Just like how he thought he could save her a future of pain, Geon's father thought he could do the same for his wife. Like father, like son, I suppose. Towards the end of the diary and also in the note that Geon found in the buried treasure box, Geon's father admitted his regret at having wasted precious time. He advised his son that if he were to be in the same situation, to never make the same mistakes that he made. He urged Geon to cherish every moment - every minute and every second, and to not be afraid. Don't be afraid to love and get close to others and find support, even if he is faced with the difficulties and uncertainties that's associated with HD.

With those words repeating in his mind, Geon took Mi Young's hand and they ran for their future together as husband and wife. Even though everything was still uncertain and the future was filled with dark possibilities, Geon was finally at peace with himself and this hereditary disease, especially because Mi Young, his lovely snail, was by his side. :)

itzibitzispider said: Does anyone (European or wherever, in case it is cheaper for everyone ;)) want to order together at YoukShimWons online shop? I'm in the U.S. I would love to do a combined order if the shipping cost will be slightly cheaper, but I guess price of shipping is uncertain at the moment since it would depend on where our order from YSW gets shipped to. lol. I want to get all three though: passport cover, calendar, and notebook.

Guest chunnogirl33

I noticed a Youk Shin Won product in another drama from 2011 this week.  She must be pretty famous in SK.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9gPTrcuDhUoB1gD9EqEZ

This is great.  Gun's dad was a hipster. :)>-  
I have a question? Do you think Gun's dad really had HD or did he panic with noble idiocy too? I don't trust Dr. Octopus' diagnostic abilities and that storyline didn't make it clear to me.  Can any of you insightful ones shed some light on this? @lovelyjen? @songielove? @akinahana89? @anyone?

I'm not one of the insightful ones but according to Geon's dad diary, he had more than one episode of amnesia. That was all the evidence he could get at his time, because there was no genetic test. So HD or not, he had some disease that affected his brain.

itzibitzispider said: akinahana89 said: itzibitzispider said: Does anyone (European or wherever, in case it is cheaper for everyone ;)) want to order together at YoukShimWons online shop? I'm in the U.S. I would love to do a combined order if the shipping cost will be slightly cheaper, but I guess price of shipping is uncertain at the moment since it would depend on where our order from YSW gets shipped to. lol. I want to get all three though: passport cover, calendar, and notebook.
right now are we not enough to reach over 200USD so there would be still S&H from the shop Hm... Hopefully we can reach that then. :D It's funny how the cost of shipping is more expensive than the product itself. Haha.

Oh, is that book in JH's hand the one that @gumi talked about? The one you guys had contributed to? That's so exciting!! Congrats to you guys!! :D I wish I had been here earlier so I could participate too, but just being a part of this thread right now is great for me. I've met so many new and wonderful people here. Hehe.

You're right about being able to turn to family for comfort and support.  MY feels a lot of love and affection for her mom (in that scene, it's also gratitude that she's accepting their marriage.)  That's why it doesn't make any sense to me that they could go three years without seeing eachother.  Knowing why she left for Paris, you would think her mom would go visit her first chance she got to make sure she was okay.  Just phone calls and depending on Daniel to look after her daughter seems out of character.  Not even a visit for the holidays or her birthday???

Paris is too far from Korea to easily pay a visit. I've seen many people who don't go back home for three or four years when they study abroad. Also, MY's mom is making a living out of running a restaurant...i dont think she can leave easily. They dont have long holidays, and over short holidays or weekend, the price is not worth it.

and also MY left becuz she wanted to forget everything and start fresh, and get control over her own life. MY's mom understands that. It is totally in her character to let her daughter do that. If MY cries and asks for help, or if something doesnt sound right, mom would def be there to help her daughter, but otherwise she would just let her be. Mom is not an overprotective doting woman, she's a strong woman for u to fall back into if u want. I think it is totally in her character and situation not to pay a visit to Paris. and there's also, again, the practical part...some people never afford to go out of country at all, it is not an easy thing. Im 90% sure MY's mom doesnt even have a passport.

Guest chunnogirl33

Awwwwww he received the book with the wonderful messages you guys wrote. I regret that I never wrote one since I didn't know what to write, aishhh. I think those heartfelt messages will make him very happy

itzibitzispider said: Silly ... ok they need to set a fee for the shipping costs and I bet they send it fast and secure ... but if we split and send it with normal envelopes later, we sure take the risk of having it lost in the mail (thought I never had such a thing happening to me so far ... late or slow, yes, but lost? Haha. I actually had a lost package once. I bought some Apple headphones online and they shipped it out to me, but somehow, the USPS sent it all the way to Delaware!! LOL. I never actually got my product and the company just refunded me the money I paid. It's possible, but I assume it's really rare since that was the only occurrence in all my years of online purchases.

akinahana89 said: itzibitzispider said: Silly ... ok they need to set a fee for the shipping costs and I bet they send it fast and secure ... but if we split and send it with normal envelopes later, we sure take the risk of having it lost in the mail (thought I never had such a thing happening to me so far ... late or slow, yes, but lost?

Guest psycheros

I just noticed that Gun's name in Korean is Geon, which is part of the phrase  건강 (pronunced as geon-gang), which means health/healthy. It's an apt name that reflects his central struggle with HD and possibly hints that he will be healthy and disease-free. Does Mi Young's name mean anything?
Also he's the only person who can help deliver a baby without getting any blood on his clothesmNwTXmp.jpg
and still look super polished and suave at the end. No sweat, literally.pDElQOq.jpg 

Maybe he remembered his medical skills from "Thank You" where he played a doctor. In that drama, he was even able to suture his own wound.