[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

qrktiq.jpg
SHE said...It hasn't been long.Yes. Why did you lie?You could have just told me that you get your memory back.Did you feel the need to get rid of me that badly?For the last time, I am going to ask you one more foolish question.What would you say if I were to ask you to forget everything and start over again with me?Although it was only for a short amount of time, is there any way that you can remain by my side like you used to be?Yes, you've made it very clear.It is divorce papers.If I had known we would come to this, I should have just agreed to it when you wanted it.No, it is no one's fault.It is just that we never realized that we were never meant to be with (each other) from the start.

auf66v.jpg
HE said...When did you come?Have a seat.How are you feeling?Are you okay?I thought you would feel freed and relieved.We both knew how it was going to end.There was no reason to get hurt.Hmm....I'm sorry.Did I answer your question?What is this?I know that I have hurt you greatly.It is all my fault.
ejsqpg.jpg

Guest lovelyjen

YESYESYES!!!!!

I was looking forward to this one.

Mom, I'm here.
It's your son.
I missed you so much today.
There's a woman I like very much.
She's a strange woman.
She's almost as strange as you are.
I don't know how she can bare this moment,
with her small, frail body.
I want to embrace her but,
I don't think I should.
You know why don't you mother?

It's been a while
Long time no see.
How did you feel when your disease first started?
Were you scared the you would lose your memory again,
when you got it back like me?
There's
There's a woman I love so much that I want to be with her
but I can't ask her to be with me
because I'm afraid of forgetting her.
I want to be a shameless man
and stay with her
but I shouldn't be like this right?

Guest aaa1188

@sooyoungdeabak.... I did not cried last night rewatching the show with you all... but now I'm in the office reading your He said/She said and they are going to make me cry...... =((

you are so good at this. 

99qdy8.jpg

She said....There are times that I wanted something I couldn't have.I will take your clothes and hang it in the closet when you come home from work.While you shower, I will make you dinner and wait for you at the table.While we sit at the table, we will talk to each other about what our day was like.While lying down in your arms, I wanted to become a good wife who would wish you to have a good night. I wish that you and I were fated to be together.You told me something once.If we had met under better circumstances, then we could have been each other's destiny. If it hurts this much, then it must mean that we are not fated to be together.Even if we were to run into each other in the future, let's just pretend that we don't know each other.Geonnie sshi....take care.
He saidMi Young sshi....Kim Mi Young sshi...Dalpeng ah!!!!Goodbye...

15i4u8o.jpg

Guest lovelyjen

sooyoungdaebak said: She said....There are times that I wanted something I couldn't have.I will take your clothes and hang it in the closet when you come home from work.While you shower, I will make you dinner and wait for you at the table.While we sit at the table, we will talk to each other about what our day was like.While lying down in your arms, I wanted to become a good wife who would wish you to have a good night. I wish that you and I were fated to be together.You told me something once.If we had met under better circumstances, then we could have been each other's destiny. If it hurts this much, then it must mean that we are not fated to be together.Even if we were to run into each other in the future, let's just pretend that we don't know each other.Geonnie sshi....take care.

Leftovers that I wanna share...
dxk9r8.jpg 2niz5uw.jpg

He's supposed to be "Amnesia Geon" but he just couldn't help himself when he's around her...          :))The second pic came out for a split second but I thought it's amazing how "Amnesia Geon" forgot he wasn't supposed to be "nice" to Mi Young.
2vtr3go.jpg

*Mi Young before entering the restaurant. I can feel MY's strength in this pic. 
She just heard very harsh words from SeRa and Geon called her soon after.And she wasn't afraid to meet "Amnesia Geon" cause she has full faith in Geon.
34jb3bd.jpg
He just can't let her go...He watch her walk away and yet he still called her name, just to say encouraging words before parting.Aigoo...this namjha! 

@lovelyjen I guess the more the merrier?    :))  Those 3 translations have a lot of the same words: Jacket/clothes, work, dinner, shower, table, arm, goodnight, pretend, don't know each other, Geon, take care. I like that we have options to choose which one we like most. The main message is the same but the delivery is different. That's pretty neat. 

Guest aaa1188

sooyoungdaebak said: Leftovers that I wanna share...
dxk9r8.jpg 2niz5uw.jpg

He's supposed to be "Amnesia Geon" but he just couldn't help himself when he's around her...          :))The second pic came out for a split second but I thought it's amazing how "Amnesia Geon" forgot he wasn't supposed to be "nice" to Mi Young.
2vtr3go.jpg

*Mi Young before entering the restaurant. I can feel MY's strength in this pic. 
She just heard very harsh words from SeRa and Geon called her soon after.And she wasn't afraid to meet "Amnesia Geon" cause she has full faith in Geon.
34jb3bd.jpg
He just can't let her go...He watch her walk away and yet he still called her name, just to say encouraging words before parting.Aigoo...this namjha! 

@sooyoungdaebak‌: once again,thanks for hs/ss. Episode 12 has some of the best scenes in the entire drama, even though i can't find the courage yet to rewatch KMY with the scrapbook scene. My heart couldn't take it. I think it's one of the finest performances of JNR in the drama. It speaks to me more than the hospital scene. My other pinnacle point in this episode is when KMY gives Gunnie-ssi the Gunnie cup. There may never be a finer moment of cinemagic than that scene right there. JH should win the highest honor for acting in a drama in the nation, all network shows considered, based on that scene alone. Whew, the worst is over...now they take the long winding road to loving each other fatefully. @lovelyjen: any insights on scene 1, episode 11? What is LG thinking when he sees himself in the limo? @songielove? @anyone?

Guest lovelyjen

only1khj said: @sooyoungdaebak‌: once again,thanks for hs/ss. Episode 12 has some of the best scenes in the entire drama, even though i can't find the courage yet to rewatch KMY with the scrapbook scene. My heart couldn't take it. I think it's one of the finest performances of JNR in the drama. It speaks to me more than the hospital scene. My other pinnacle point in this episode is when KMY gives Gunnie-ssi the Gunnie cup. There may never be a finer moment of cinemagic than that scene right there. JH should win the highest honor for acting in a drama in the nation, all network shows considered, based on that scene alone. Whew, the worst is over...now they take the long winding road to loving each other fatefully. @lovelyjen: any insights on scene 1, episode 11? What is LG thinking when he sees himself in the limo? @songielove? @anyone?

Sorry, super long. I've missed you all.

@klondile, so I wasn't the only one popping pills during this run? Mainly from ep10 - ep18, I drowned in isolation. Sleep deprivation and migraines from crying every night. ...Exactly the symptoms of an addict. O_O (Actually, the sleep deprivation was all throughout the show and afterwards. I'm barely regaining my regular sleep pattern as of this week, and that was only because I chose to sleep rather than eat.)

I'm so relieved we are all here to go through these painful episodes together again. Sorry, I couldn't bring myself to watch ep11 and ep12 with you, but I read your recaps and @sooyoungdaebak‌'s He said/She said (btw, thank you very much for your support and comfort regarding my puppy, it means a lot). If I cry reading these quotes, then how would I handle watching the episodes again? I had to stop a few times just to get in a breath. Their dialogues are filled with pain and apologies they can't resolve without the other, it's an overwhelming feeling.

Ep12 had two of my favorite quotes of the series.

- "You said that people that like sweet things want to be happy, right?... If there is a little happiness left for me, I will give you everything."

It's sad that at every constant moment Gun can give her all the riches in the world, even pick her a star from the sky, but now all he can resort to is wishing to give her happiness, the thing she felt she had used up and had no more of. Something so basic, yet it can only be possible under an "if" condition. Gunnie has always been a resolute man, it was either "yes" or "no". He knew he couldn't give her happiness because he had no more, hence, returning the wish for happiness in its tangible form of the candy (the candy is my favorite symbol in this drama). This line and the way Gun says it.. honestly, I think I was depressed! It's touching and tearful to learn the extent of his love for Miyoung: he completely gives up on himself. Just put that side-by-side to the old Gunnie who had everything going for him in ep1. Just like some of our lives are now defined by "before/after FTLY", Gunnie's is "before/after Miyoung".

- "There was a time when I desired something that I couldn't have. I would take the jacket you wore to work and hang it on the hook. While you were resting, I would prepare a delicious dinner. At the table, we would discuss how the day was and share stories. While laying my head on top of your arm, I wanted to be a good wife who would tell you "Good Night"... If you and I were meant for each other, it would have been nice. You once said this. If we had met in a better situation, we would have been destined to be together. If it hurts this much, then it must mean we're not fated to be together... If we were to ever meet again, let's pretend not to know each other... Gun, take care." (@lovelyjen @sooyoungdaebak‌ I like a mixture. :) )

I think several of us have already peeled this quote to its core. It's beautiful, the heart and mind of Miyoung. What is left to look forward to when even her simple, mundane world couldn't be lived and her simple wishes couldn't come true? When that reality came upon her, she felt less and less. But I realize that no matter how little she felt, unlike Gun, she still had courage. She always did and it shows when she mentions the possibility of them meeting again, and even more when she requests for them to treat each other like strangers... because according to Gun, had they met in a "better situation" or under "better circumstances", they would've been destined to be together.

@onlykhj‌‌, I think it's one of the most defining moments in the whole drama. The lollipop is a symbol of Miyoung herself (I offered my thoughts about this awhile back). In Macau, after he receives the lollipop, he takes a good look at it in the car, taking a bit of her home with him. It's the moment Miyoung truly becomes a part of him. In present time, when Gun sees himself admiring the lollipop, he sees not only Miyoung but the person he's become after Miyoung... how much (he) has changed, bettered since this lollipop (Miyoung). He sees that defining point in his life of "before/after Miyoung". He sees that self and hates not his reflection, but the one in present time, because the one in present time got amnesia and forgot Miyoung. :(

Guest Kdrama-lover

I'm sorry you are going to have to remind me, I have looked at your last 10 posts and still couldn't find anything about snails. I might have not been reading your posts carefully enough. ???

Hi @lovelyjen‌ , I did not mean from my older posts..

What I meant is I happen to read someone here posted that she saw "the snail" in one of the scenes LG is talking with GD painting, which I also happen to miss out in my previous rewatching (juz like how I missed out on the Gunnie Cup) and would love for some info about it.

Anyways, I appreciate your love and concern very much @lovelyjen‌. ;) :x

Guest Kdrama-lover

@songielove‌ , I love your insights on that limo scene :x! It's so awesome!, How LG was before and after MY; I haven't thought of that!

I love everything LG "AM" (after MY). :x