[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

psycheros said: Anyway I have some questions:

(1) Did the Snail couple move out for good to Ji Yeon's apartment? Or did they move back to the house once Mum approved and they got remarried?
(2) Do you think Gun ever dismantled his man-cave? It was a representation of himself, his childish nature and the secrets he held dear. But did he need to keep it now that he didn't have as many secrets? If yes, what could it be converted to?
(3) Where do you think the Gae Dong portrait was kept? In their bedroom? (Would they find it strange to have their dead baby's portrait looking down on them?) Or would they put it in the renovated man-cave? Any other possible locations?

1. I would assume that they moved back to Grandma Wang's house after they got remarried. It's quite normal to live with your hubby's parents in Korea and I think Mi Young would enjoy living there again. Everyone is on good terms with each other in the end, so she's constantly re-surrounded by her new loving family: Grandma Wang, Yong, and Yong's mom.

2. I think it's possible that Geon kept his man-cave. He wouldn't need to use it to keep his secrets anymore, but with their little kids eventually running around at home, it would give him the break he'll need - some peace and quiet after a hectic day. In fact, he and Mi Young could both take a breather there when needed and spend some good alone time. Hehe. You can love someone to the end of the earth and back, but sometimes, you still need your own space, so I think keeping his man-cave wouldn't be inappropriate. However, if his man-cave were to get renovated into something else, I can imagine it as a play area for his mini dalpaeng-ies or maybe they could even knock down that wall to make a bigger bedroom.

3. I suppose the Gaeddong portrait could go beside their framed wedding photo? Maybe in their children's room? Or the renovated man-cave into the children's play area?

@Ayame
No, I don't think the white horse was really a reference. We tried to make it one, but I don't think it really worked. LOL

Guest SandiRa

Came back after  FTLY Marathon <:-P for almost a week, it may seem too long, but i didn't want to miss a thing. I've watched meticulously, meticulously.

The short version and the overall feel
The comforting feel, that this drama was planed to have stuck in my mind (about the ferry accident). I was not able to understand that, as my focus were on the leads + the bittersweet feel of the end + the actors exhaustion all made me feel wrong.

*Even you are far away from me, I love you. I hope you are happy.*
Gun, MiYoung, Sera, Daniel, grandma Wang, Yong, Yong's mother, MY's mother - they all have lost someone or more than one if that matter. Just example, Gun and MY not only have lost a parent/s, but after that their own child. And its not only about missing the loved ones that can't be with us, but also to those that can't be with us out of their choice, Sera chose to be away from Gun, MY decided to go abroad.

But what actually gave me that melancholy feel was "We can't always win the game of life, but you will always have a hope, so keep it well." and that was not only for the Gun's disease, but that hope, comfort, love, family that can be found in various ways. Even not blood-related, they did help each other when they needed Yong - as the brother, Sera's mom - as the mother, MY - were the long lost sister, Daniel - as the priest, the brother, the neighbourhood oppa. At the end Yong's family end up living with grandma, and MY's mom got matched up with Dr. Octopus.

About MY and Gun, they both had experienced life without parent/s, so they get together for a child to have mom and dad, but as usual happens the child become The Parent to any moms and dads and either you call it child or their love they both agreed that GD is wanted from the start ;)

I have more to say on my 20 ep. journey, but maybe later :) I'm lost at the hot noodle track on this thread.

Guest spideysteve

Ayame said:

@spideysteve I was going through your post to organize the parody/reference category, and I was wondering... Yang Soon singing "Lovely Young-Ja"... is that considered a reference? I'm not sure lol. And also Yang Soon's dream of her rescuing a prince... is that considered a reference? Would you consider either one a reference?

There's actually quite a lot of things that were mentioned as possible references in this thread that I don't think are actually references.......
-Daniel Pitt name. I don't think it's reference to JNR's previous partner Choi Daniel...Daniel is a common name, and it's also just not likely that they will make reference to her partner not even to JNR herself :P
-Go-stop game scene as reference to JNR and CJH playing go-stop before. Nope, I'm pretty positive that's not the reference. First of all, go-stop is a super common game that anyone and everyone can play, and second of all, a reference only works when creators assume viewers, if not all of them significant portion of them, will get the reference. JNR CJH go-stop story isn't a famous one and was only mentioned recently once or twice in interviews...I don't think the audience is expected to know about it. I think it' more likely that it's just a reference to JH's drama, cuz in that case his whole drama was on gambling, and he literally mentioned his character name :P
-Snail song as a reference to JNR's remake on the song. No, I think it's more like  a lovely coincidence....First time the Snail song was introduced was in the scene where Gunnie goes crazy and there's a snail crawling on his shoulder. That scene was added in impromptu with the director's idea. So I don't think it's a reference to actress' past song...Snail scene was added, and they thought it'd be perfect to insert 'Snail' song, which was a song by the director's older brother :P But of course this team is so fated that JNR actually did the remake of that song, and they made use of it at the end of the series by playing it.
-Reference to SSBG Yangsoon's dream of rescuing prince...I don't think that's a reference, that's more like a centuries old cliche, or more like a concept. A prince rescuing a princess is super duper old and widely known concept, and it's not too difficult to think of a role reversal. 
-MY wiping off sweat from LG's forehead...I don't think it's a reference to anything, it's a pretty generic action.
In general I don't think it's a reference unless it has a clear connection to certain past drama/movie. And it has to be made clear, like, right in your face if you know that past drama. "Unni? That sounds familiar" that's right in your face cuz there's no other reason Gunnie would find 'unni' familar since he's a man, so we know it's from Chuno. If LG and MY just wore high school uniforms, I wouldn't have thought they were references. But MY was called "Yang-soon" her character name, and LG had 'Volcano High' written on his name tag on his uniform. 
So yeah I think only those that have super clear connections are 'references'....but the stuffs pointed out, although they are not references, are wonderful coincidences that makes it even more fun. It just shows how fated this whole team was :)

Guest mywebfoot

AndriK said: .... Great closing word "Retry" That was so LG, never get enough of MY. :)) Daebak!! Looking foward to another fanfic chingu. So lucky to be in this Sista Sista family of FTLY. Thank you all for everything, thinking about uri snails couple and FTLY always warm my heart and can't stop smiling :)

Omg guys I'm at Youk Shim Won's shop now and all the memories of the show are flooding back. Sitting at the cafe opposite just so I can peek into Miyoung's work area, and all I can say is, it's fantastic!

I can't believe how much this drama has affected me (and us!). I can totally picture the scenes played out in the drama!

Happy Wednesday everyone! FTLY epi (2) 9 today! ^^

@sweettspy thanks for the video, it's lovely! And @mywebfoot - read that fanfic of yours when I was visiting some cultural site, it feels so wrong.. lol.. love it though :P

I just picked out my post card for my fated soompier too, will try to send it out during my trip - but the thing is, I am not sure when you will receive it, as I'm really....... Far.. So, pls be patient, k.. :D

@mywebfoot- your fanfiction hit the nail on the head. I love how you incorporated the word "Mine" here. In episode two Mi-young breaks down clutching her pair of earrings saying "Mine" over and over again in front of Gun. At that moment that was the only thing she could call her own. After she met and married Gun she finally had Someone to call her own, who cherishes her in return instead of a pair of earrings. In your story when she says "Mine" to Gun it's full of "fierce joy" and another breakdown follows soon after when they climax and not an emotional trauma.

Guest Kdrama-lover

Omg guys I'm at Youk Shim Won's shop now and all the memories of the show are flooding back. Sitting at the cafe opposite just so I can peek into Miyoung's work area, and all I can say is, it's fantastic!

I can't believe how much this drama has affected me (and us!). I can totally picture the scenes played out in the drama!

@getreal48‌ , wow!, you lucky gal! Please enjoy your SK Trip to the max! Then share with us your fond experience, OK? ;)

gumi said: There's actually quite a lot of things that were mentioned as possible references in this thread that I don't think are actually references.......
-Daniel Pitt name. I don't think it's reference to JNR's previous partner Choi Daniel...Daniel is a common name, and it's also just not likely that they will make reference to her partner not even to JNR herself :P

Guest aaa1188

Hello chingkus.... one should not go on vacation when one wants to keep up with this thread!
I give up :P but before that:
@getreal48 have lots and lots of fun in Korea... the lock looks fantastic and I wish I am at the store with you ....
@mywebfoot promise I will try to catch up with the fanfic
@sweettspy love love the fanvic! it is awesome...
It's Wednesday... and I am so glad to be back... 
Hope I can make it for tonight's episode (2) 9  :x

Guest tweeks

I thought that Daniel Pitt was just some sort of a joke, not really a reference. Since you know, Brad Pitt adopts kids and Daniel is adopted, and is from US...so yeah.

@mywebfoot

Love the fanfic!

Me think the same too. He was adopted and from us so that's why he is daniel pitt. He was adopted by the brad pitt and angelina jolie =))

Guest lowieblueme

getreal48 said: Omg guys I'm at Youk Shim Won's shop now and all the memories of the show are flooding back. Sitting at the cafe opposite just so I can peek into Miyoung's work area, and all I can say is, it's fantastic! I can't believe how much this drama has affected me (and us!). I can totally picture the scenes played out in the drama!

Guest lowieblueme

tweeks said:

gumi

said: There's actually quite a lot of things that were mentioned as possible references in this thread that I don't think are actually references.......

-Daniel Pitt name. I don't think it's reference to JNR's previous partner Choi Daniel...Daniel is a common name, and it's also just not likely that they will make reference to her partner not even to JNR herself

:P

Guest hanaf1430294020

my mother just now begin to re watch our lovely FTLY for the third time , how im supposed to live like this.... :((  please let me study , please gunnie shiiiiiiiii