[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

Guest rxthien

only1khj

said: I always thought LG truly loved SR and SR truly loved LG.  I thought that was portrayed so well when LG is crying in his mancave and when SR cries later in the drama and wishes she could have a do over.  In my interpretation, LG isn't crying over SR because he wants to keep her in his life. He's not conflicted.  He has already decided which love he wants to pursue. He really is saying good-bye to his first love, his young love. He pauses the video of SR when she is brightly smiling.  That's his memory of her, sunshine, smiles, bright, and warm. 

SR was not his fate because he didn't choose to love her fatefully. 

Guest rxthien

chantilly

said:

You guys are just too funny on the thoughts and assumptions on the series even after we finished a month ago. Haha LOL…

OK, I will chip in too haha..since its boring as heck at work now hahah…LOL….

First of all, I don’t think the 6 year relationship is totally platonic at all between LG and SR…I mean NO WAY in H*LL that’s even normal for any relationship whether or not it’s drama or real life… First of all, he pulled a girl to him in Macau assuming she was the g/f so that already tells you that they are active in their intimate life.  The girl you can 100% or as TAk secretary says 200% certain that it was her first time since she was shocked,  excited & shy the next morning talking to herself on ‘did I really do it?’ and ‘what should I do now’? Come on, that tells you right there she’s inexperienced but I don’t know how the guy never questioned about her baby thou I mean yes she’s so timid and everything but she is a stranger and he also had no recollection of the night before since they were drugged so how would he know it was her first time?  What just cuz she’s timid and not strikingly attractive at first glance?  But writers perhaps wanted to show him being the perfect gentleman male lead so it makes him a good guy by not asking but they did make him ask after his amnesia episode which was completely normal..come on, you are practically strangers right?  he girl even does not remember she lost her first time but of course physically you would also know but hey it’s  a drama series so hahaaha..NO details on that sort I guess from the writers but I remember the Taiwan Version, female lead indicates it was her first time since she had to depend herself towards the male lead in her tricking him I think if I remember correctly….i guess this version assumes you know the story and just get on w/it since she’s a cute mousy little thing that has no b/f in line hahaa…lol… but I do like this Kversion being so fast paced thou. 

Anyway, after their first auction kiss, perverted LG went to see this doctor and he looked dreadful and stabbing himself at one scene saying something 3 years?????? Does that mean he hasn’t had s*x in three years or what w/the G/F? ahaha LOL…what did he mean?

I have some scenes I didn’t u/s b/c the subs does NOT seem to be correct but  just continued ???? haaha LOL..

Overall, I think TW is a bit too draggy but there are some parts that I do like esp the male lead’s fickle heart towards the G/F and the stranger wife feelings he had for her but didn’t know until they lost the baby.  Those were very good written scenes.  The way he actually wanted to get back together w/her but the girl just left him so even the mom had to tell him to just live your life and go back to G/F.  It was actually more normal for me to u/s how he waivers b/c G/F and the wife haha…sounds crazy but I find that more understandable. I mean he was w/the G/F for so many years and love does NOT just lost overnight.  But of course, Kdramas are more into the ONE WAY ROAD towards their love so this one is much faster and earlier which works in some parts too and the chemistry from the leads no doubt belong  to this Jang couple.  The other one I didn’t even care too much for the leads I mean Ethan as I said before is no doubt handsome but I didn’t really care for his character or the female that much but the Jangs are just so fun, cute and perfectly easy on the eyes.    I like this version and find it fun to watch but I love the funny elements to it and it didn’t drag for me cuz TW I basically skipped thru to see what happens.

Ethan also had a g/f in real life back and G/F is really pretty too so I didn’t try to dig up his BTS or whatever w/the lead hahah..LOL…but this JH is also married but they are just so cute to watch esp seeing how they have changed from their baby faced days back in 2002 its just so cute to see them all grown up and the changes are just amazing.  JK looks much much older than his 2002 days I wonder if he had some work done too???? Haha cuz JNR is so right, he is so much sharp looking these days even thou the wrinkles are visibly there.  JNR too, she was such a baby back then but now still cute but in a more feminine way. 

OK, sorry for the long post… I will get back to work now hahaah…LOL….

Guest tweeks

Ìf MY didn't mumble GD in her sleep may we could see some steamy scene. Hahaha. But It might be the doctor told them to be careful to do "it" since it was in her early stage of pregnancy (my friend lost her baby since she was too active doing it with her husband) and when MY said GD he was reminded. But i'd like to think that MY aware of LG's needs. Because he told her after she showered that he was "bothered" since she showered early in the morning and she answered than I'll shower at night then. Also MY teased him after they reconcilition in the hotel by calmly eating even LG was ready to go. I wish the drama showed us the morning after they sleep, they probably hugging each other unconsciously hehehe.

Discussion About LG and SR intimacy. I always think that they already "sleeping" together. There are some hints such as trip to Macau staying in one room, sera saying roll on the bed all day and the video when Gun said how pretty and sexy she is. LG is a normal man and I believe what he felt towards Sera was love and there's also sexual interest.

But, I never think that LG look as Sera as a motherly type on real life. I think he fell in love with a girl on the stage while dancing gracefully and he thinks that she has some motherly type. Because when he described Sera, she was dancing and he was watching. Sera is his type because he wanted her to be his type. MY came along and she is his type, he just doesn't realize it from the start. That's why it was easy for him to shifted his feelings to MY.

1. He was dissapointed at Sera

2. Deep down inside he knows there are problems in his relationship with Sera.

3. There's something missing in his relationship with SR and he found it with MY.

4. He's actually no longer in love with her but he just get use to be with her and he mistakenly think that it still love. Sometimes people need to convinced themselves by saying it loud several times and that what LG did. He said he loves SR to MY several times as if he needs everybody to know his feelings. But to MY? He didn't say it outloud, people knew even Sera, he loves MY head over heels. I think that's why Sera was determined to get him back. Deep down she knew that LG falling for MY hard. That's why she called her and talked to her but not to LG. She knew she didn't have a chance.

Though he's not in love any more with Sera, he had 6 good years with her how can he ever throw that away easily. Seeing Sera's gift, he must be thinking himself as a bad man. While he was having fun with MY, Sr was thinking about him. And He probably wanted to tell her in a better situation. That's why he wanted to go to NY, taking care the business there, have their closure, settled his heart and go back to Korea to MY.

Guys, sorry if it is too long hehe. Cannot stop my self writing this

@tweeks said: Though he's not in love any more with Sera, he had 6 good years with her how can he ever throw that away easily. Seeing Sera's gift, he must be thinking himself as a bad man. While he was having fun with MY, Sr was thinking about him. And He probably wanted to tell her in a better situation. That's why he wanted to go to NY, taking care the business there, have their closure, settled his heart and go back to Korea to MY. 
When he proposed to KMY at Yeoul Island LG called himself a bad man, at least in the  translation I read. Above is exactly how I think LG was thinking and feeling when SR arrived and later in the mancave. When SR arrived and LG and KMY are talking outside of his office door; KMY is shielding SR's feelings, yet LG asks KMY, "What about you?" Next, the scene in the rain when LG tells SR that KMY is his wife, LG's body language is telling me that he has KMY first in his thoughts there also. 
New topic: When the director made such a point to show us KMY choosing LG's clothes, then Gun rejected them that morning.  I thought we would get a scene later after reconciliation when she's dressing him or has chosen his clothes for the day and he's wearing them. On first viewing, my OTP shipper heart was so nervous.  I thought it was going to follow the TW-version script. I was about to shed buckets of tears for KMY, and hate on LG for awhile, but K-FtLY went a different direction here. So glad.    

I am amaze that this thread is still going and reading the comments makes me reminisce of the joy that FTLY had given me. I cried and laugh watching this drama and wondering what will be the next drama that will give me such happiness. The OTP and writers/director did a wonderful job of touching the emotions of viewers like me/us. Let us hope that FTLY and JH/JNR will get recognition at year-end awards. Again, thanks for those who are on this forum!!! =D>

rxthien said:

only1khj

said: I always thought LG truly loved SR and SR truly loved LG.  I thought that was portrayed so well when LG is crying in his mancave and when SR cries later in the drama and wishes she could have a do over.  In my interpretation, LG isn't crying over SR because he wants to keep her in his life. He's not conflicted.  He has already decided which love he wants to pursue. He really is saying good-bye to his first love, his young love. He pauses the video of SR when she is brightly smiling.  That's his memory of her, sunshine, smiles, bright, and warm. 

SR was not his fate because he didn't choose to love her fatefully. 

@Cara thank u so much dear, I just dont hv enough confidence to post them here hahaha :-* about ur request, I'm putting it into my to-do list :D
well this is my latest edit of them in historical/saeguk theme (I think it's also requested by you, isn't it @Cara?)
tumblr_ncv4jgNsP01qcdhomo1_1280.png

You guys wrote so well that I almost had tears reading them and reminiscent the episodes. Couldn't agree more. Darn Little Geonnie and byeontae thoughts for taking over my brain while writing my post....hehehehe. I thank the PD and Writernim for letting JH had his wish: To make Geon as human as possible. It's normal to see couples in relationship these days sleeping together and I'm sure Geon and SeRa did too. I almost find their relationship stale. MY doesn't suit the "sleep around" personality so I can see her as a virgin in Macau. I think the reason why I love this drama because it reminds me of those historical romance books that I love to read. I don't like rush romances. Couples ended up not fully appreciate one another. One thing I love about FTLY is the wait. It took many episodes before they finally kiss. The romance build up at a good pace. I ended up enjoying their skinship and appreciate them. 

Guest tweeks

@only1khj‌

They did!! But they adited out. The one MY washing his hair and he hug her while she's drying his hair. I wish they put more of how much LG show his love and affection towards MY.

MY asked him to stay with her after the accident, it showed me how confident she is with LG's feelings for her. And plus she also told lawyer min that she didn't understand why they broke up in the 1st place. Yes, she saw him with Sera in the restaurant, but from her face it was a disbelief that LG date Sera again. She was shocked because LG never mentioned SR again or brought his relationship with Sera as a their issue to break up. If he wanted to go back with Sera he won't did what he did to Sera in front of MY during the rain scene.

I wish they show us MY and LG having breakfast together, wake up in the morning while hugging each other, MY put him a tie while LG cannot stop himself to kiss her and the morning kiss that is not only happened once.

So when will the dvd arrive? Sigh...

Hello again everyone. :) Can anyone here help me with two categories? I'm gonna do the Photoshop for 'Best Cameo' and 'Best Parody/Reference', later tonight (maybe tomorrow), but can someone help me list all the cameos and also help me list all the parodies/references in the drama? I do have some listed down, but I want to make sure I don't miss anything.

Thank you~ :D

Guest tweeks

@manika07‌ said

Can't blame the girl for trying though. Resentment, regret, and envy can seriously bring out the worst in people. Personally, I think I might do worse I'd be the perfect makjang villain lol

Hahaha true!!! If I had LG as my bf i will be MY's living nightmare hahaha. Imagining how good LG was to Sera, I'm sure she didn't want LG to treat MY the same way as he treated her. To see how regretful she was, she really took him for granted in their relationship thinking he never leave her eventhough how bad she hurt him.

Guest lovelyjen

Yes!!!! I could finally change my sig to the quote I wanted. My favorite quote of FTLY, it's just too bad I couldn't fit the entire thing, then I would be going over the sig limit.

A little extra:
http://youtu.be/8hoCHWwD2k4

Credit: ulala wiki on YT

OMG I just saw SSBG NG clips....! It's precious, absolutely precious!!!
I was DYING of Nara's cuteness omg that girl, she's so freakin cute and adorable every time she makes NG...! making funny noises, cute laughter, sticking her tongue out, omg...nara......and wow she was so young back then...!
And I laughed so much when JH an JNR was standing together, and Nara said "Let's go" and started walking and JH tagged along muttering "We're not supposed to go...." LOL. And Nara saying "oops that's right I had to say something before...!"
And poor hyukie struggling to eat ramen LOL. That ramen is too hot and he's struggling and spitting out ramen oh jeez....maybe that's why they let ramen sit still for so long in FTLY before filming? That ramen in FTLY looked so cold..! :))
And how many times did poor hyukie get slapped in his face to film that almost-kiss scene....? He got slapped for like ten times and never got to kiss her! lol. And some of those slaps looked really hard....and the last slap they showed, after being slapped he says "Again, lol..." knowing that slap wasn't quite right. Poor boy, asking to be slapped again....! lol
Anyways, they were such cuties....and although they did have great chemistry back then, I'm glad they got another chance to show off their explosive chemistry, cuz they got to do everything they didn't do in SSBG...! so many kiss scenes and bed scenes :))

• Like 1

Ayame said: Hello again everyone. :) Can anyone here help me with two categories? I'm gonna do the Photoshop for 'Best Cameo' and 'Best Parody/Reference', later tonight (maybe tomorrow), but can someone help me list all the cameos and also help me list all the parodies/references in the drama? I do have some listed down, but I want to make sure I don't miss anything.

Thank you~ :D

Not to sound like a perv, but... I really liked all the insights into the level of intimacy between Geon and Sera during the six years they were dating. I still believe that it's entirely possible that they had never been physically together during that time. It's not so odd to not have done the deed six years into a relationship if one or both parties are saving themselves for after marriage. It's rare of an occurrence in this day and age, but there are people who still do that.

There is just such a big, big difference between Geon's behavior towards Sera and Geon's behavior towards Mi Young. It could have been shown that way just to allow the audience to witness the difference Mi Young could make in Geon's life, but it could also very well mean that his intimacies with Mi Young was also his first. A lot of it is intuition and instinctual, responding based on how the partner reacts, so while it always looked like Geon knew and was confident of exactly what he was doing, it doesn't necessarily mean he actually does have that experience.

Plus, since Sera puts ballet as her number one priority, which was clearly shown as just that, then it's also possible she doesn't want the intimacy with Geon, even if they love each other and there is attraction there. Despite taking precaution, intimacy can still lead to pregnancy (especially if it's with Geon since he's so... powerful. He got Mi Young pregnant in one strike! Possibly twice! LOL) and pregnancy would prevent Sera from her ballet. Also... there are other forms of intimacy without having to go all the way.....

Just putting that out there. And I'll stop here before I sound like an even bigger perv. Haha.