[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

Guest chunnogirl33

chaybags55 said: booha said: @stuartjmz said: Time for one of the few guys in this thread to stick up for Daniel again. Someone posted that the only characters they hate are Se Ra and Daniel, specifically mentioning that they even LIKE the mistress. Let's consider that for a moment: What has the mistress done to the OTP? she's lied and schemed and leaked private information to the press and is STILL doing all that with the specific aim of destroying Geon. Against that, what has Daniel done? He has supported, comforted and mentored MY, when she DESPERATELY needed it,  and has openly and honestly declared his feelings, without attempting to manipulate or coerce her  What is hateful about that? Nothing 
Se Ra's a different case of course, she has by her own admission  done very  bad things, but no worse than most female seconds and less horrible than many, especially including the character she's based on, Anna from the original. And much of Se Ra's behaviour can be understood when we consider the emotional and psychological scarring she's suffered at the hands of the woman she calls her mother. 
The reality is, when I carefully analyse the posts that are full of hate for Daniel, it's clear that the ONLY reason he's getting that hate is because he's dared to tell MY that he loves her. That's his role of course as a second lead, but it's also worth pointing out that he's NOT the one  responsible for keeping the OTP apart. That person is Geon. He was the one who drove her away by lying and he's the one that has been keeping them apart by lying still, both by pretending to be a woman and by repeatedly lying to her face every time she's asked him if he still has feelings for her. 
This is not a case of SLS, I am definitely cheering for the OTP to get together, but it is a defence of one of the nicest and most honest and honourable second leads in a long time. He deceived MY once, apologised for it and after that kept his word not to deceive her again. Geon, OTOH,  has consistently lied to her, acting on the assumption that he knows what she wants and that lying to her is in her best interests. It's going to be very interesting to see what consequences come to him in the next episode now that his deceit has been exposed. 
Geon needs to learn that lying is never acceptable, no matter how well-intentioned. MY is not a post-it girl anymore and I hope that she strongly chastises him for his stupidity and arrogance in lying to her on the assumption that "he knows best" I am a man, and that's a very male attitude, one that he needs toaaccept was wrong and caused much pain to MY. 
Just as I hope there are negative consequences to Geon for his stupid lying, so I hope that Daniel gets rewarded for his honesty and his unfailing support of MY. People posting here are pouring the hate on him for the the sole reason that he openly cares for her, but even Geon admits that Daniel has been much better for her than he has. Daniel's reward for being a good guy and a great friend will come in finding his sister, and I think that when he does, we will again see him demonstrate his quality by helping her  to heal too and become a better person. 
Finally a shout out to @mywebfoot - I thought exactly the same thing you did about the presentation. It was like a glimpse into the future, the two of them, MY and Geon, being a great team. They really do complement each other so well, the way his words inspired her art made me hope we see more of it before the Drama ends  

Guest spideysteve

beamonkr said: snowflakesj16 said:
I'm quoting one of my posts because I didn't get a reply to this question and I really can't get it off my system. Like I was really distracted every time I rewatch that particular scene and that song is being played. I tried to search for the song and found out it's titled "Gypsy Woman". I tried to decipher the implication of the song to their situation but I just can't see it. I just can't feel at ease until someone sheds light on why that particular song was chosen. lol Or maybe the use of the song was totally random?

English translation of the lyrics
What has this drama done to me, I even get bothered over this kinda stuff.

MY should do fan service by kissing her no 1 fan Lee Young Ja!!!

Last minutes of episode 16...

Some of you may have noted that Gun said "I'm your No. 1 fan..." in a clear, decisive voice to MY when she asked what he doing...

Anyone think as I ---  that even as he can't bring himself to directly tell her that he loves her, his statement clearly reveals his true feelings to her?!!

He didn't waver or panic at her discovery of him being "Young Ja"...I felt that he instantly came to a firm decision to be truthful with her...finally...no more "verbal games", 'cover-up laughs" and evasive posturing...

What brought this turnaround?  Her Lolipop painting, of course!  Again, I'm in agreement with many of you, her painting plainly reveals her true feelings for him... he must have been stunned speechless at seeing the painting...but he recovered well enough to finally be truthful with her...Yay!  Whew!!

He's told her several times that he's her  #1 fan during their text exchanges...sure---each time to gain her trust when she was being uncertain or hesitant with trusting him with her personal thoughts...however...

I also believe that he kept saying this to have her understand how important she is to him...being someone's "fan" implies:  admiration, loyalty, dedication, adoration...sentiments that he feels for her!

If their exchange in ep. 17 turns out to be another round of angsty exchanges, I'm hoping that when MY thinks back to their texting moments, she will remember and realize Gun's feelings by his "#1 fan" statements.

Guest chunnogirl33

kdyes said: I sure am for reuniting and now, but I hope to have not only hot kisses but some talk that clears up misconceptions and hurts.  Cause if reuniting is mostly about love driven hormones there won't be a full reconciliation and that should happen now. I found the ending of ep 16 so beautiful when Gun spoke about not being at fault regarding Gaedongie’s death. I’m sure as an expectant mother MY felt terrible that her lack of mindfulness, however understandable, contributed to the death of her child. Even without any intention, I’m sure the regret is so deep. And likewise with Gun. The accident didn’t happen in a vacuum. He knows how it happened. He knows what he had just done, and that MY was reacting to that. So I thought the writers’ handling and JH’s execution were beautiful -- and it had to happen for our OTP to move on, as individuals and as a couple. GD’s death is a huge thing between them and in their individual lives, and it has to come to rest as best it ever can.

Now it’s time for MY to speak the kind of truth she was able to speak in her interview. Even in early times, MY was able to get right to the point in a clear way. Come on MY ask him!  You confuse me: How can you be like this now, my number one fan, when you sent me away not interested -- at all -- and even sent your girlfriend to give me new divorce papers? And Gun, who handles himself as the boss everywhere he goes, it’s time to step up and express yourself clearly and from your heart that you were afraid after experiencing amnesia that you would forget MY and GD and hurt them, remembering your mother’s pain and even seeing that of other families with HD. That giving MY up was the hardest thing for him to do, that he only realizes now how much he harmed you and that inadvertently led to the death of the child you had both loved and cherished.  It’s time!  Writers please give us an adult response now without any more intrigue.  We don’t need any more intrigue.  Let the characters speak up in their own lives. The five eps of despair have run their course, beautifully constructed and portrayed, and needed to bring us full circle in a believable and not pat way. It’s time now. Need we remind you, it is a rom-com. 

Sorry, I am jumping off of this train wreck:
1)  1-nite stand resulting in pregnancy     Calling the fetus "dog poop."  (Really? That was funny?)2)  Door mat (female) / Chaebol (male) pairing3)  Interfering / sabotage of Chaebol girlfriend4)  Sweet/Hot Guy is 3rd Wheel5)  Contract Marriage
6)  Door mat's goofy family profiting from relationship7)  Amnesia  (really???)  8)  Deadly disease 9)  Chaebol buys company from little town, hurts little people10)  Miscarriage - poor dog poop11) Door mat personality gets large12) Reconciliation?The only thing likeable about this series was "making rice cakes" as a euphemism for sex.  THAT was funny!  
Riding this train down-the-drain, currently past amnesia, lost pregnancy, and noble idiocy, heading for "any retard could have seen this coming" so I'm getting off train 1 stop prior to Retardville.  

Guest Kdrama-lover

spideysteve said: beamonkr said: snowflakesj16 said:
I'm quoting one of my posts because I didn't get a reply to this question and I really can't get it off my system. Like I was really distracted every time I rewatch that particular scene and that song is being played. I tried to search for the song and found out it's titled "Gypsy Woman". I tried to decipher the implication of the song to their situation but I just can't see it. I just can't feel at ease until someone sheds light on why that particular song was chosen. lol Or maybe the use of the song was totally random?

English translation of the lyrics
What has this drama done to me, I even get bothered over this kinda stuff.

Guest pinkbunny2014

watchumlots said: Sorry, I am jumping off of this train wreck:
1)  1-nite stand resulting in pregnancy     Calling the fetus "dog poop."  (Really? That was funny?)2)  Door mat (female) / Chaebol (male) pairing3)  Interfering / sabotage of Chaebol girlfriend4)  Sweet/Hot Guy is 3rd Wheel5)  Contract Marriage
6)  Door mat's goofy family profiting from relationship7)  Amnesia  (really???)  8)  Deadly disease 9)  Chaebol buys company from little town, hurts little people10)  Miscarriage - poor dog poop11) Door mat personality gets large12) Reconciliation?The only thing likeable about this series was "making rice cakes" as a euphemism for sex.  THAT was funny!  
Riding this train down-the-drain, currently past amnesia, lost pregnancy, and noble idiocy, heading for "any retard could have seen this coming" so I'm getting off train 1 stop prior to Retardville.  

Guest LieS1430294362

Love your answer @LieS‌ ... At first I thought Jang Hyuk isnt a Married Man, but when I knew it my heart breaks .. Lucky wife,both are lucky,with 2sons...

Lol. Yes. I was thought same too, chinguu..It was heartbreaking when I knew he's married man.. :(( =))

JB and GF discussion. they touch about FTLY too

Odds and Ends: No pain, no gainby javabeans | August 23, 2014 | 120 Comments

fated11-001a.jpg

girlfriday: I feel a little bit like a slacker these days, only recapping half a show. It’s probably the lightest load I’ve had since I started recapping. I’m watching everything under the sun, I swear, just haven’t found something that grabs me.

javabeans: That’s the nature of following dramaland in real time—sometimes there’s a whole slew of stuff you need to watch, and sometimes there are lulls. I say enjoy your break until a show comes around that captures your recapping fancy, because once that happens it’s back to the recapping batcave for you.

more and cr: Dramabeans

Guest snowflakesj16

@‌spidysteve I loved your insight. I failed to look at Mi Young's situation to be like that. Your description fits her circumstances well.

garrdan75

said:

Last minutes of episode 16...

Some of you may have noted that Gun said "I'm your No. 1 fan..." in a clear, decisive voice to MY when she asked what he doing...

Anyone think as I ---  that even as he can't bring himself to directly tell her that he loves her, his statement clearly reveals his true feelings to her?!!

Guest snailgirl

watchumlots said: Sorry, I am jumping off of this train wreck:

Guest chunnogirl33

JB and GF discussion. they touch about FTLY too

Odds and Ends: No pain, no gain
by javabeans | August 23, 2014 | 120 Comments

girlfriday: I feel a little bit like a slacker these days, only recapping half a show. It’s probably the lightest load I’ve had since I started recapping. I’m watching everything under the sun, I swear, just haven’t found something that grabs me.

javabeans: That’s the nature of following dramaland in real time—sometimes there’s a whole slew of stuff you need to watch, and sometimes there are lulls. I say enjoy your break until a show comes around that captures your recapping fancy, because once that happens it’s back to the recapping batcave for you.

more and cr: Dramabeans

A very disappointing read and the comments made me sadder. So many people not even understanding the point of the drama.