[Drama 2014] Gunman in Joseon 조선 총잡이

Go Seung Ji

class="title_sec" style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 28px; margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(39, 41, 42); line-height: 34px; font-weight: normal; font-family: Georgia, 돋움, Dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, sans-serif;"Lee Jun-gi, Nam Sang-mi get intimateActor Lee Jun-gi and actress Nam Sang-mi showed off their “bond of intimacy” in a photo that was taken at the group script-reading session of TV drama “Joseon’s Gunman” on Thursday. 
20140523001467_0.jpg
In “Joseon’s Gunman,” Lee will play the last swordsman of the Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910) who learns how to use a Western rifle and becomes a heroic gunman. 

The series premiere of “Joseon’s Gunman” will air in June, costarring Lee and Nam. The Wednesday-Thursday drama is set for 20 episodes.

By Chung Joo-won (joowonc@herald.com) | May 23 2014

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DRAMA CASTING & NEWSOh Snap! Joseon Gunman’s first still and second leadby javabeans | May 23, 2014 | 4 Comments

We only get ONE still photograph out of Joseon Gunman to start us off, which is better than nothing, but still such a tease. Here we have second lead Jeon Hye-bin (God of the Office) playing Choi Hye-won, a merchant’s daughter with a cold, unapproachable mien who comes to fall for our hero (Lee Jun-ki).

Joseon Gunman premieres on June 25 on KBS.

gunman7.jpg

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"What Does Actor Lee Jun Ki Eat on the Set of “The Joseon Gunman?”deedeegii May 23, 2014 

Actor Lee Jun Ki showed fans his big appetite for ramen on the set of his upcoming drama “The Joseon Shooter.”

On May 22, Lee Jun Ki posted a short message on his personal Twitter saying, “Yes. Ramen!” along with a photo of himself eating attached.

Lee Jun KiIn the photo, you can see the actor dressed up in historical drama attire and his hair tied up, as he sits on a sofa eating cup ramen. Fans who saw the photo were amused to see such a large amount of noodles picked up by his chopsticks.

Earlier on his Twitter, Lee Jun Ki also posted, “Ramen on set is the best~! Ramen mania,” declaring his love for ramen. Following this post, fans asked him to reveal a picture and he willingly complied.

Meanwhile, Lee Jun Ki will be returning to the small screen through his new KBS 2TV drama “The Joseon Shooter,” which will be airing next month.

cr: soompi

Guest petito

More second lead stills from Joseon Gunmanby javabeans | May 27, 2014 | No Comments

gunman8.jpg

Fine, it appears that Joseon Gunman is going to do the whole promo tease the slow, drawn-out way with one photo at a time. It’s suuuuuch a tease, but considering that I’m champing at the bit for more, I guess it’s working?

They also know just how to string us along, considering how they’re withholding from us the ones we really want to see, which is just another way of saying Lee Jun-kiiiiiiiiii. Look, I already know he’s gonna be awesome wearin’ a gat and brandishing a smoking gun, so can you just cut to the chase and give me what I want already?

Full article: dramabeans

No new info about his character, but I love how DB covers every single news :) And we're with you javabeans, we all want Lee Jun Ki ^_^

Teasing us with other characters' stills is a half positive half negative start to me. It was good and fair at some point to the secondary leads for us to consider their parts of the story seriously. Like me, I had a good time reviewing some previous works of JHB's trying to picture how is she going to sound, look and act like in her character since she's new to me. The not acceptable thing is that they are very few and they're slow and taking time in between. I hope KBS is not following ( one at a time and then rushing everything at another ) pattern. 
@yoonmi66 Thank you for the pictures and descriptions. If you haven't pointed it out, I wouldn't have known that was PYK's father. I won't recognize him at all without his blond hair. ;)) I literally can't wait to see those sword fighting and arrow shooting scenes since I basically love archery. And of course gun firing scenes, too. :D
PS: The Hanbok designer is a great addition on this show. She perfectly reflected the beauty of the summer in those colorful, floral and very pretty costumes . 

2014.05.29 Tweet 1

What amazing love my fans have! So wonderful that they’ve come to this far and difficult place~! Thanks to you, all the tired staffers and actors under the sizzling hot sun have stuffed themselves and fully recharged. Thank you. We’ll keep the steam up and work harder~ ♡ (translation by Elly)

오기도 힘든 이곳 까지 와주신 팬심 ~!대단해요~^^덕분에 뜨거운 태양아래 지쳐있을 스태프분들, 배우분들 모두 든든히 먹고 마시고 충전 하셨어요 감사합니다. 더 힘내서 열촬할게요~ ♡ pic.twitter.com/UTT7Iiqucf

Cr: JGfamily

Guest nancykimlee

@patoi Right click on the image and copy image URL. Thanks for sharing :) Here's the picture: 
BoxvfzUIYAAKqZD.jpg

--
So happy to see to see stills from the drama. Everyone is looking fantastic. Definitely excited to see Jun Ki and Sang Mi. In the coming weeks, we'll have poster shoot, teasers and press conference to look forward to too. I can't wait for June! :) 

Lee Jun Ki Trades His Sword For A Gun In “The Joseon Shooter”

Yoo oh sung, who appeared in "faith," plays the drama"s villain. She will play jung soo in, a woman who has led a sheltered life but is also curious about the world.

Lee Jun Ki Trades His Sword For A Gun In “The Joseon Shooter”

Lee Jun Ki fans have a drama to look forward to this summer and it”s one that takes the actor back to the Joseon Dynasty. The actor, who last played a small-time thug in the present-day thriller “Two Weeks,” will star in “The Joseon Shooter,” also known as “The Joseon Gunman.”

The drama is set in the 19th century, toward the end of the Joseon dynasty (1392 to 1897). Lee Jun Ki will play Park Yoon Kang, the son of the best swordfighter in the land.

When his father and sister are killed, Park Yoon Kang forsakes the sword and seeks his revenge with a gun. According to KBS, Park Yoon Kang is a Joseon-era man who struggles to adapt to Western values after the tragic death of his family.

According to Namoo Actors, Lee Jun Ki”s agency, some of the actor”s fans prefer that he star in period pieces rather than trying more modern roles. Some of his biggest hits have been historical dramas.

“Although he has tried different characters through recent years, viewers love to see him in historical dramas,” said a representative from Namoo Actors.

Lee Jun Ki first became famous for his role as the beautiful clown who tempted a king in the 2005 film “The King and The Clown.” It was the third most watched film in the history of the Korean cinema and the role made him a star.

After that he revisited the Joseon era twice, playing Iljimae in “Iljimae” and Kim Eun Oh in “Arang and the Magistrate.”

“The Joseon Shooter” will reunite Lee Jun Ki with his “Time Between Wolf and Dog” co-star actress Nam Sang Mi. She will play Jung Soo In, a woman who has led a sheltered life but is also curious about the world. Jung Soo In is the woman Park Yoon Kang loves.
Jeon Hye Bin will play Choi Hye Won, the beautiful leader of a gang. The “Queen of the Office” star describes her character as a woman who desires all the riches in the world but who comes to realize that love cannot be earned with riches. Her love for Park Yoon Kang puts her in danger.

Han Joo Wan of the weekend drama “Wang Family” plays the second lead Kim Ho Kyung, the illegitimate son of the prime minister.

Otani Ryohei, who appeared in “Gu Family Book,” plays a mysterious Japanese warrior.

Yoo Oh Sung, who appeared in “Faith,” plays the drama”s villain.

Kim Jung Min, who directed “The Princess” Man,” will direct.

The KBS drama airs in June after “Golden Cross.”

Source: www.kdramastars.com

Steal cuts of Nam Sang Mi fro'The Joseon Gunman' unleashed
20140530085222_5387c835ef148_1.jpg
Steal cuts of Nam Sang Mi from 'The Joseon Gunman' were released.
Channel KBS 2TV's new drama, 'The Joseon Gunman', will premiere on June 25th, and Nam Sang Mi is casting as a heroine named Jung Soo In. Jung Soo In lives through the time when her country goes through rapid changes caused by influx of western culture.
Nam Sang Mi said, "I thought that Soo In has a lot of similarities while reading through scripts, and there was no need for me to go through considerations in making my decision, because I knew that this drama is going to broaden the spectrum of my career."
She went on, "Jung Soo In gets brought in an aristocratic and conservative family background, but she has very deep thoughts. Viewers will be able to see another side of me."
Nam Sang Mi also said, "I am also going through a lot of thoughts about how I should act Soo In's growth. She falls in love with Park Yoon Gang(to be played by Lee Jun Gi), and she turns into a strong lady while going through difficulties."
It is said that all of the staffs are showing very satisfied reactions for Nam Sang Mi's great acting. A representative said, "Nam Sang Mi is Jung Soo In herself, and she always shows a perfect work."
Meanwhile, 'The Joseon Gunman' will premiere on May 25th.
/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

Hi, everyone! I'm new in this thread.
I was looking over at the "hanbok" tag back in tumblr, and then I came upon this half-body shot of a girl wearing this exquisite black hanbok. And then I tried searching the google for the drama related to it.
And then it led me HERE! I was ecstatic to know that Jun Ki has another project with Sang Mi. LOL. I love 'em both; saw them back at "Wolf" something.
Is this image:

tumblr_n5ga7q77Cw1ropi6ro1_1280.jpg

pertaining in this drama, Joseon gunman?
Please, I would like to know.

(I love Lee Jun Ki and Nam Sang Mi together, so please help!)

Archived