[Drama 2014] Glorious Day 기분 좋은 날

Guest reijaye

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was so grosteque the way SL's mum was sitting on the sofa.  No passionate kisses, DJ no displaying of your affection for your husband even during honeymoon because this is a family drama... but we can show such disgusting and obscene sitting position of a woman!!  How interesting!  Don't tell me this is korean culture, please. Not possible. LOL.
#-o

After watching with subs I felt that SL's mother was in bad taste to go to their house to complain or in this case bash In Woo over her spoiled, headstrong bratty daughter. It is not his or his families fault that she is so jealous that she eagerly said she could make a delivery to get on MS good side but ends up not being able to even handle that falling and skinning her leg.  In Woo told her correctly you created more problems because now everyone has to stop what they are doing and tend to her.  So when he does not give her the patting that she wants and babies her she gets mad and runs home bloody when he was going to have her change and treat her. So when she comes home instead of saying it was not his fault but her own and that he did not send her home that way she left mad she cries and yells at her mother for trying to talk to her about leaving In Woo.

Now we get to this weekend and the issues with everyone pitching in to help at the store. She just saw DJ talking to JW sending him off on a delivery and yet she still thinks there is more going on with IW and DJ because DJ tells him why she liked him. The bigger question is why was he making a delivery in the middle of the day she could tell the store was busy why is it that IW came to help? All she saw was that he did not run behind her or call her after she had a tantrum and left and heard a bit about what DJ said which was not suggestive or improper at all given what they are all handling.

I am glad she showed how spoiled she was walking up on him at the hospital having the nerve to say so your phone is not broken but you have not called me.. well let me see I did not see any arm, wrist or finger cast on her hands. Her legs were not broken either so she could have called him or shown up before then and APOLOGIZED since she was in the wrong.  Then to start in about him and DJ his look said it all how do you sit outside spying but do not call HIM? Yes, she needs to break it off he is trying to have her save face but she does not get it. He has told her to think and break the marriage she should listen. She does not even bother to find out what is going on at his house but she was a fixture there a lot before.

now onto the best part... HSJ and NGY LOVED them on the balcony. The argument was a combination of her jealousy and need to be with him I think and his frustration at liking her but being away from her. I agree with her on the publisher lady she has no manners not sure why he would even invite her to this holiday with all that is going on. This was not the right time for this then to start eating (all she does is eat.) without the elders first come on lady where were you raised a barn? I am starting to see why she is still single.(there is something off about her.) Then to make a point of saying something about the woman's hand when no one else was!!! NGY was wrong for trying to cover the situation with a laugh but HSJ was wrong as well her jealousy got to her I think LOL..

Now 4 people know that NGY likes HSJ and she is being stubborn. Her saying he lied when saying he liked her and her asking if he was serious... were priceless when he looks down and sees 8 pairs of eyes and ears glued to them up on the balcony. It was too bad that they did not give us a preview after only one episode this week. (Did anyone catch Halaboji's dig about NGY keeps slipping around LOL.. he was talking about him tripping over HSJ at his place and then when he grabbed her around the waist earlier.

EC was so cute LOL he and DA seriously discussing what Halmoni's reactions meant after their reading of her book.. whew...I guess HSJ is not as numb as she thinks she is anymore.. YEAH for us because those two need to get together.

skyzora said: 1bin said: do you think the writer is writing DJ this way cuz Park Se Young and Woo Young are pretty intimate on WGM?  i read the netizen comments & they are saying it's +19 tv.  cuddled so close, kissing her while sleeping, sharing the same bed, etc.  stupid also, how that show has forced a visible battle between the YoungYoung couple vs the JWDJ couple and kick GD to the curb.. on who has more skinship with PSY?  I haven't watch ep 39 yet, but it seems like either the writer has nothing else to do with DJ's character, or PSY doesn't have any acting ability beyond the cute girl.  she doesn't even do spunky well anymore and I kind of wanna stop watching.

Yes, a few things that made me sad and make me want to give up on this drama. Esp DJ's treatment towards JW. She is only person who has regressed over time. 
But ... there are a number of things that I really like about the latest episode.  It is how HSJ, DA and DI have helped out during the difficult moments.  Especially HSJ conversations with SA.  I really like HSJ.  Also how SA has kind of soften towards most of them.  In crisis.. you really know who are kind and genuine to you.  In crisis, it can also show the good of people and bringing people closer.
I really like IW's time spent with Halmoni.  And, he sold his precious car to help out and what he said to SL really showed that he is the more adult one.  --I'm giving you a chance ..I'm ready to let you go.. if you don't want to be hurt dump me first.---  He is really a good guy and gentleman at heart.  Kim Hyung-Kyu has talents.  Will definite look out for his future dramas.
DA and EC reading time and 'numb' interpretation is really good. LOL.  Really enjoyed watching DA exercising and singing with Halmoni.  Bring smiles to your heart and brain.
Of course... great development in stirring up HSJ's emotion for NGY!  Love NGY's comical contribution to this drama. ;;) :x

i know  the drama has change its tone lately but i think it is a bit too much to compare or to put DJ with the same category with SA, and SL  they are total opposite. DJ is loving ,understanding , caring and most considerate  person who put others happiness before hers not mention a hard working girl you can see in epi 39 how she keep it together and worked hard in the rice shop during the crisis. I know it was wrong of her to be mad at JW cause he didn't has the money the thing is she is doing it for his sake she doesn't has other interior motive it is just keep the family from an other heart ache  even if  we are super mad at her behavior  i mean the way she handle the situation but we all know that she is not a gold digger. if it was SL she will bad mouth her mother in law and tell to everyone about it with out even thinking 

This is my view after watching ep. 39 - DJ should just kept her mouth shut and not get involved with SA problem.  I have read all your comments and I feel the writer is not letting SA feel the guilt of being in debts.  The writer is finding way for others to take the fault ie., DJ, IW and JW.  If the writer just write that SA is caught, this is the end of the story.  Do you really think MS is going to kick his own wife out - maybe one night.  He is such a softie that he will give in to SA. 
As for the brat - OMG, she has some nerve!   Because she didn't get her way and being jealous, she tells mommy dearest and here come the storm to the Han's house.  As we all wrote before, IW should have just rejected the brat's marriage and we won't have this craziness!!
This is just my opinion!!  I feel DJ character is being turned into a nagging wife.  So writer-nim, get back into writing like you used to or else there will be some flight time to South Korea by two crazy Californian very soon!!!  :-t :-t

euraka said: i know  the drama has change its tone lately but i think it is a bit too much to compare or to put DJ with the same category with SA, and SL  they are total opposite. DJ is loving ,understanding , caring and most considerate  person who put others happiness before hers not mention a hard working girl you can see in epi 39 how she keep it together and worked hard in the rice shop during the crisis. I know it was wrong of her to be mad at JW cause he didn't has the money the thing is she is doing it for his sake she doesn't has other interior motive it is just keep the family from an other heart ache  even if  we are super mad at her behavior  i mean the way she handle the situation but we all know that she is not a gold digger. if it was SL she will bad mouth her mother in law and tell to everyone about it with out even thinking 

gigglessquiggles said: Yes, a few things that made me sad and make me want to give up on this drama. Esp DJ's treatment towards JW. She is only person who has regressed over time. 
But ... there are a number of things that I really like about the latest episode.  It is how HSJ, DA and DI have helped out during the difficult moments.  Especially HSJ conversations with SA.  I really like HSJ.  Also how SA has kind of soften towards most of them.  In crisis.. you really know who are kind and genuine to you.  In crisis, it can also show the good of people and bringing people closer.
I really like IW's time spent with Halmoni.  And, he sold his precious car to help out and what he said to SL really showed that he is the more adult one.  --I'm giving you a chance ..I'm ready to let you go.. if you don't want to be hurt dump me first.---  He is really a good guy and gentleman at heart.  Kim Hyung-Kyu has talents.  Will definite look out for his future dramas.
DA and EC reading time and 'numb' interpretation is really good. LOL.  Really enjoyed watching DA exercising and singing with Halmoni.  Bring smiles to your heart and brain.
Of course... great development in stirring up HSJ's emotion for NGY!  Love NGY's comical contribution to this drama. ;;) :x

euraka said: i know  the drama has change its tone lately but i think it is a bit too much to compare or to put DJ with the same category with SA, and SL  they are total opposite. DJ is loving ,understanding , caring and most considerate  person who put others happiness before hers not mention a hard working girl you can see in epi 39 how she keep it together and worked hard in the rice shop during the crisis. I know it was wrong of her to be mad at JW cause he didn't has the money the thing is she is doing it for his sake she doesn't has other interior motive it is just keep the family from an other heart ache  even if  we are super mad at her behavior  i mean the way she handle the situation but we all know that she is not a gold digger. if it was SL she will bad mouth her mother in law and tell to everyone about it with out even thinking 

I am actually sad that they only had one episode this past weekend. But I do have to say, I loved episode 39! The relationship between HSJ and NGY just made me put smile on my face! What a cute couple!

Here comes with my favorite scenes! First, when HSJ and NGY slept in the office together AND hands on top of each other! Also, just to see the reaction when they woke up was just hilarious! NGY tried to get away from the situation and HSJ tries to hide in the bathroom! And why did the publisher had to show up? Just leave the two love birds alone! I am actually really glad that MS left them alone, when he saw the scene!

P.s. I love the dinner scene! When she ask him they should eat together and he told her, she has become kinder!

Next, the conversation between SA and HSJ was just beautiful! I think HSJ mention couple times in this episode alone, how much she wish she had a mother. I think no matter how old you are, you will always need a mother in life! It was sad to hear that she envy SA for what she have. I feel really bad for SJ! She is most strong woman in drama history! A mother without a mother of her own still raise her daughters beautifully!

Third, the accident! Does NGY takes every chance he gets to hold HSJ? I loved when HSJ almost fall and the way he catches her and let the whole family see it! Way to get a girl!

Last, I loved the family dinner and balcony scene! HSJ got so jealous that she couldn't hide it anymore! And like someone said, now they have four people found out between those two! What are they going to do now???

So did HSJ confess? Cause the way it looks to me that she confessed that she been lying to herself. Can someone explain the last scene?

@auntie mame  agree  with  your comments re:treatment   of parkinson's diseas in this drama. it is  so  hysterical,  shinae  falling to the  ground, wailing,  the  husband getting  drunk  and  all.  the  only  sane  one is the  grandfather  who  has  remained coherent and logical. it is  a  debilitating  disease all right  but not a fatal one. you  can live for  many  years but it is  true, your  muscles,nerves  degenerate asthe  diseaseprogresses.sometimes the way  writers approach a  disease is  so illogical  with  over  the top  wailing, flailing  as if  this  can cure or  help the  patient.  the first thing they  should do is bring the grandma  home,  let   there bea support groupfor her. the grandpa cannot take care of  her alone forever.  he  will  need  help in the not so distant   futurewhether  he likes it  or not.also,letthis so lee  go.  she is not  a  good  addition to  the  family, she  is  my pet peeve, with her manner of talking  and her buttocks upway of  walking.definitely not  a  good life partner forimwoo.  marriage is a  commitment  like jw and  dj are  committed  to  each  other.re:home  schooling  of  eun  chan  by  his dad  and  stepmom,  are  they  following some kind  of  modules. dylexia  should be  treated by  a  professional not  just   by  his  parents. how  they  treat disease  in  this  drama  lacks  research.finally, they should  hurry  up development  in  the love  story  of  the  hotel  uncle and the  writermom as i  can't  stand the creepiness  of  the  exhusband.   he  should  be retired  and  sentaway  in  exile lesthe  createmore troubles.

@euraka - DJ isn't in the same category as SA and LSL, BUT this episode she's pulling the SAME lovey dovey crap SA has pulled with MS in past episodes where she's trying to get her way about something. Right off the top of my head, the wine episode. SA also does it to her mom and dad. 
I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT want to watch DJ pull this manipulative stunt with anyone, much less JW. I want the writer to keep her honest and forthright, not sneaky and icky, like persons who shall remain nameless. Like I said before, I wasn't amused and didn't find it cute at all. I hope the writer doesn't continue in this vein.
That being said, I'm still waiting for subs, so I can't comment a lot on what looks cute because I have no idea what's being said.

skyzora said: euraka said: i know  the drama has change its tone lately but i think it is a bit too much to compare or to put DJ with the same category with SA, and SL  they are total opposite. DJ is loving ,understanding , caring and most considerate  person who put others happiness before hers not mention a hard working girl you can see in epi 39 how she keep it together and worked hard in the rice shop during the crisis. I know it was wrong of her to be mad at JW cause he didn't has the money the thing is she is doing it for his sake she doesn't has other interior motive it is just keep the family from an other heart ache  even if  we are super mad at her behavior  i mean the way she handle the situation but we all know that she is not a gold digger. if it was SL she will bad mouth her mother in law and tell to everyone about it with out even thinking 

Finally caught up with all the eps of this drama.

@Ldy Gmerm,
I agree there's something off with the publisher. She's rude greedy, and ill mannered. I think the writer ran out of ideas on connecting the dots on a couples of characters.  On how to bring HSJ and NGY together so they brought in this actress to provide the jealousy of HSJ that would push her towards NGY. Then we have the complaints about DJ and JW not showing affection being a new married couple. The writer bombed on her attempt with DJ cuddling up to JW for money. That was distasteful in the way it was done given how the character of DJ was built from the beginning. It turned out with the viewers having a WTH moment with the change in DJ's character. SA's character has been the way she is from the beginning and everyone being enablers and now they are adding DJ to the bunch. No one has realized their enabling SA is what makes her continue on this way and never take responsibility for actions.
I don't think DJ's motive was to gain brownie points with SA but instead trying to keep the peace within the family with everyone now knowing about the grandmother's illness.  MS and SA fell apart once they found out and neither one of them were of any help to anyone. The family needs to band together now to help the grandmother and grandfather. Them finding out now about the borrowed money and the purpose for it will only send the family into more turmoil. All their efforts need to be focused on the grandmother and helping the grandfather take care of her.  
IW has given SL a way out so not to cause her any embarrassment but she's too spoiled and self absorbed to walk away nicely. It's a given she will find out about the grandmother and her reaction is not going to be pretty. IW is going to have to do what he's been trying not to do and make a clean break with SL even if it causes her embarrassment. Maybe SL's reaction will be a wake up call to SA and the perfect example of her behavior and how she acts towards people who she thinks are beneath her. 

@gigglessquiggles,

Have you watched the BTS video of the honeymoon? It was a very good take, and PSY and LSW were very natural in showing affection as DJ & JW.

Some viewers commented in Baidu that they looked more like newly-weds in the BTS video than in the actual drama! Really a pity that so little of that beautiful take was shown in the actual drama.  

Korean viewers are also writing in SBS website and Daum to request for JW/DJ to behave more like newly weds.  

If I look at PSY and LSW in the BTS video, I do not think it is PSY's reservations or holding back in her portrayal of DJ.

I feel the writer has to take the bulk of the responsibility on how the characters are portrayed. The actors/actresses are just trying to execute the roles that they have been given......

So I am upset that writer is making DJ such a turn-off as well.........

skyzora said:

@gigglessquiggles,

Have you watched the BTS video of the honeymoon? It was a very good take, and PSY and LSW were very natural in showing affection as DJ & JW.

Some viewers commented in Baidu that they looked more like newly-weds in the BTS video than in the actual drama! Really a pity that so little of that beautiful take was shown in the actual drama.  

Korean viewers are also writing in SBS website and Daum to request for JW/DJ to behave more like newly weds.  

If I look at PSY and LSW in the BTS video, I do not think it is PSY's reservations or holding back in her portrayal of DJ.

I feel the writer has to take the bulk of the responsibility on how the characters are portrayed. The actors/actresses are just trying to execute the roles that they have been given......

skyzora said:

@gigglessquiggles,

Archived