[Movie 2015] Chronicles of a Blood Merchant 허삼관 매혈기 | Heading to Hawaii (HIFF Spring Showcase)

czakhareina

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; text-align: center; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; overflow: hidden; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Jungbum Kim – Heo Sam Gwan OST [FULL ALBUM]

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="at_ttl" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: normal; font-size: 30px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 35px; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; text-align: center; list-style: none; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Actress Ha Ji Won Dreams Of Producing Movies

By Staff Writer | Jan 21, 2015 11:12 PM ES

ha-ji-won.png?w=600

Actress Ha Ji Won on a recent interview shared that she would like to produce movies one day. On Tuesday, actress Ha Ji Won shared her thoughts on the recently premiered film 'Chronicle of a Blood Merchant' with director and actor Ha Jung Woo, and her personal life, including her dreams to film a movie one day. 

During the interview, actress Ha Ji Won said, "I had so much fun reading the script for the movie. At first I was not sure if I could do well on my character, but director Ha Jung Woo persuaded me." She added, "I think I was not sure about acting a mother of not only one but three children, because that was a role I have never taken before." In related news, actress Ha Ji Won's recently premiered film "Chronicle of a Blood Merchant" tells a story of a blood merchant, played by director Ha Jung Woo, and features actress Ha Ji Won as his wife, and actress Yoon Eun Hye as the woman he has an affair with. The movie chronicles the blood merchant's responsibility as a father in an ancient patriarchal Chinese society, and the wife's suffering as a woman in love and a mother. The film premiered on January 15, 2015, in Korea.

KdramaStars

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Ha Ji Won - Ha Jung Woo cut for HIGHCUT Magazine Photoshoot Making

NEW Prod FB update
January 20 2015
Entry 1<허삼관> VIP 추천 영상 공유 이벤트 당첨 발표

<허삼관> VIP 추천 영상 공유 이벤트 당첨자를 발표합니다.

당첨되신 분들은 1/23(금)까지 아래 양식으로 메시지 전달 부탁드립니다.

기한 내에 메시지를 보내지 않으시면 당첨이 취소됩니다.  

* 양식 [VIP추천영상이벤트/이름/연락처/경품수령주소]  

※ 이름과 주소로 당첨을 확인해주세요.

메시지를 주시면 본인 확인 후 회신 드릴 예정이니 이 점 확인 부탁드립니다.

[당첨자 명단] 

신재희  http://on.fb.me/1wmYPHN

조주연  http://on.fb.me/1AF0KcV

최유진  http://on.fb.me/1DWOvid

당첨을 축하드립니다.

감사합니다

Entry 2

‪#‎허삼관‬ 릴레이 강추리뷰 이벤트!폭발적 반응! 쏟아지는 호평! 리뷰를 확인하신 후 추천하고 싶은 3명의 친구를 소환해주세요!

추첨을 통해 ‪#‎허삼관을‬ 3명의 친구와함께 볼수 있는 예매권 4매를 드립니다~!10943034_699583290160268_192723225380171

10923728_699583286826935_194507491593043
10420098_699583293493601_456874100508938
10474214_699583283493602_492624797692472
10420098_699583383493592_287147563489310
10408710_699583380160259_163226716030010
1505569_699583400160257_6899099665219369
10891501_699583390160258_387886271971819

Entry 3

<허삼관> 릴레이 강추리뷰 이벤트 당첨 발표 3

<허삼관> 릴레이 강추리뷰 이벤트 당첨자를 발표합니다.  

당첨되신 분들은 1/23(금)까지 아래 양식으로 메시지 전달 부탁드립니다.

기한 내에 메시지를 보내지 않으시면 당첨이 취소됩니다.  

* 양식 [강추리뷰이벤트3/이름/연락처/이메일]  

※ 이름과 주소로 당첨을 확인해주세요.

메시지를 주시면 본인 확인 후 회신 드릴 예정이니 이 점 확인 부탁드립니다.     

* 당첨자 명단 

이성현  http://me2.do/FuLKA3ut

최은철  http://me2.do/GR7nKCY8

안지혜  http://me2.do/xgMjC5Fz

당첨을 축하드립니다.

감사합니다.

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Yoon Eun Hye Transforms into a Chubby Lady for “Chronicle of a Blood Merchant”ck525 January 25, 2015 SOOMPIYoon Eun Hye Transforms into a Chubby Lady for “Chronicle of a Blood Merchant”

Actress Yoon Eun Hye made a dramatic transformation for the movie “Chronicle of a Blood Merchant.”

In the movie, Yoon Eun Hye transformed herself into Lim Bun Bang, a young lady in the town. Not only did she go through a total makeover in order to make herself look chubbier, but she also portrayed a friendly and naïve character.

Ha Jung Woo, who directed the movie, said, “When I offered the role of the chubby and gentle Lim Bun Bang to Yoon Eun Hye, who has the entirely opposite looks, she gladly accepted it. Although she took on a minor role, I would like to applaud her spirit of challenge and flexibility as an actor.”

“Chronicle of a Blood Merchant,” which opened in theaters on January 14, tells the surprising story of how family-man Heo Sam Gwan realizes that he had been taking care of another man’s children for 11 years.

Guest IguanaSoap

Yoon Eun Hye puts on the pounds for her role in ‘Chronicle of a Blood Merchant’

55352-295515.jpg

Yoon Eun Hye is well-known for her bubbly roles in dramas like ‘Princess Hours’ and ‘Coffee Prince,’ but she recently made a dramatic transformation into a chubby country pumpkin woman for Ha Jung Woo’s movie ‘Chronicle of a Blood Merchant,’ and drew much attention.

Yoon Eun Hye takes on the role of Im Boo Bang, and is the catalyst for the misunderstanding between Heo Sam Gwan and Mr. An. Yoon Eun Hye’s innocent expression and friendly voice tone, really amplified her presence in the movie as seen in the photos.

Ha Jung Woo expressed, “Im Boo Bang is a chubby lady, and has an image that puts one at ease. Yoon Eun Hye was the exact opposite of this character. But she accepted the offer, once she heard about it. Although it was a minor role, she deserves much praise for her spirit of challenge, and her flexibility as an actress.”

The movie is based on the Chinese novel of the same name by Yu Hua, and tells the story of Heo Sam Gwan (Ha Jung Woo) who lives with his beautiful wife (Ha Ji Won), and three children, where they meet with the biggest crisis of their life.

Ha Jung Woo directs and acts as Heo Sam Gwan, who is great with words but also narrow-minded. Ha Ji Won plays his beautiful wife Heo Ok Ran, who falls for the glib tongue of Heo Sam Gwan. Supporting cast members include Jeon Hye Jin, Jang Gwang, Joo Jin Mo, Sung Dong Il, and many others.

The movie premiered on January 15th, and is still showing at cinemas across South Korea.

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Yoon Eun Hye puts on the pounds for her role in 'Chronicle of a Blood Merchant'

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; text-align: center; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; overflow: hidden; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Entertainment Weekly | 연예가중계 - Kim Jaejoong(JYJ), Seo Inguk, Ha Jiwon (2015.01.24)credit KBS World

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Yoon Eun Hye Transforms into a Chubby Lady for “Chronicle of a Blood Merchant”ck525 January 25, 2015 SOOMPIYoon Eun Hye Transforms into a Chubby Lady for “Chronicle of a Blood Merchant”

Actress Yoon Eun Hye made a dramatic transformation for the movie “Chronicle of a Blood Merchant.”

In the movie, Yoon Eun Hye transformed herself into Lim Bun Bang, a young lady in the town. Not only did she go through a total makeover in order to make herself look chubbier, but she also portrayed a friendly and naïve character.

Ha Jung Woo, who directed the movie, said, “When I offered the role of the chubby and gentle Lim Bun Bang to Yoon Eun Hye, who has the entirely opposite looks, she gladly accepted it. Although she took on a minor role, I would like to applaud her spirit of challenge and flexibility as an actor.”

“Chronicle of a Blood Merchant,” which opened in theaters on January 14, tells the surprising story of how family-man Heo Sam Gwan realizes that he had been taking care of another man’s children for 11 years.

Ha shows his versatility in ‘Chronicle’

27075651.jpg
Ha Jung-woo is a versatile entertainer, challenging himself in acting, directing and even painting. He has received much public acclaim since debuting in entertainment in 1988.

But the 37-year-old actor has never attempted to take on two roles at the same time - until recently when he directed and starred in “Chronicle of a Blood Merchant,” a film based on best-selling Chinese novelist Yu Hua’s book of the same title. 

“I prayed every day that the movie would work out well,” Ha told the JoongAng Ilbo, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, in a recent interview.

The movie, which opened on Jan. 14 in domestic theaters, is a family drama set in the 1950s. It features actor Ha as Heo Sam-kwan, who sells blood to earn a living for his family, including his beautiful wife Ok-ran (Ha Ji-won) and three children. They lead a happy life - until Heo realizes that his first son is not his own.

27075702.jpg

In the movie, Heo is an immature adult who refuses to be called “father” when it is revealed that his first son is not his. But that immaturity becomes hard to hate when Ha plays the character, infusing him with a good dose of vitality and humor, backed by a fluent local dialect.

“In my directorial debut ‘Fasten Your Seatbelt’ [2013], I realized that I made a movie that was only enjoyable to me, which in part was because my directions to the actors were insufficient,” he said.

“Since I was the actor in ‘Chronicle,” there were no such misunderstandings.”

Being prepared to the fullest as a director prior to shooting was Ha’s strategy in pulling off his acting role. He revealed that he shot 70 percent of the movie with a handheld camera by himself before production began.

When asked about any difficulties he went through in playing the role of a father as a single man with no children in real life, Ha said, “I didn’t consider the kids as my children, but as best friends. I felt that the emotion of love remains the same.”

Ha said he felt strong affection for Yu’s original novel when asked about his first impressions of the book.

“'I asked myself, ‘How can a character like Heo exist?’ His multidimensional aspects as well as his way of speaking and making jokes by playing with words all likened to my own style.”

Ha kept most of the synopsis intact, except some of the nation-specific parts such as the backdrop of the Chinese Cultural Revolution in the original book. 

Although not many changes were needed, compressing a story that spans for more than 20 years into a two-hour movie was still difficult. Seven back-up scripts show how laboring and painstaking it would have been for Ha to adapt the book.

“I got advice from directors I know,” he revealed. “Some told me that an abrupt transition into a serious drama from a comedy [in the film] was a bit awkward. But I believed it was the easiest structure that the audience would understand.” 

He replaced the Cultural Revolution setting with Gongju, Chungnam, in the 1950s in order to avoid potential political controversies, which have been abundant in the movie scene recently. The 1950s in Korea was relatively free of acute social issues compared to the 1970s and 1980s. 

“When I looked at the historical records, it [the 1950s] was suitable as the backdrop for a movie because there were reminders of the U.S. army in the streets and in what people of the time wore even after America pulled out of the Korean Peninsula, which I thought was pretty cinematic,” Ha said. “It was for sure a hard time, but I wanted to reflect that nostalgic mood into the movie, which is why I put a lot of effort into building the sets.”

Ha said his role model as a director is Woody Allen. “I believe that filmmakers should make a fantasy for the people distressed in harsh reality,” he said. “I want to make a fun movie that can touch people’s hearts.”

The movie is currently screening at local theaters. 

BY KIM HYO-EUN, JIN EUN-SOO [jes@joongang.co.kr] Korean JoongAng Daily January 27 2015

'Chronicle of a Blood Merchant' Actress Yoon Eun-hye deserves big applause for her dramatic transformation

photo556389.jpg

The production team of 'Chronicle of a Blood Merchant' released a still image of actress Yoon Eun-hye, who transformed into a heavy-set woman.

According to Next Entertainment World, distributor of film, 'Chronicle of a Blood Merchant' on January 36thYoon Eun-hye took on the role of a village girl, Im Boon-bang, and she tried a new challenge in her acting for the role. She turned herself into a heavy-set woman of 100Kg through a special makeup and costumes.  

She made outstanding presence by acting with unsophisticated look and intimate voice tone while she naturally constructed the character, Im Boon-bang, who causes misunderstanding between Heo Sam-gwan and his friend, Mr. Ahn.

Director, Ha Jeong-woo explained, "Although the character, Im Boon-bang may belong to someone chubby and be of an easygoing image, I offered the role to Yoon Eun-hye who has an opposite appearance to the character. She accepted the offer pleasantly. Even though the portion for her appearance in the film is short, I'd like to give her big applause for being flexible and the new challenge as an actress".

Source : Star
Credit Hancinema

[HanCinema's Film Review] "Chronicle of a Blood Merchant"

photo555924.jpg

Sam-gwan (played by Ha Jeong-woo) is an average guy hanging out in the streets at the end of the Korean War. He becomes thoroughly smitten by the winsome Ok-ran (played by Ha Ji-won), and after an apparently successful first date is unintimidated by the fact that she a boyfriend. Sam-gwan doesn't actually...win her over or anything. He ultimately gains Ok-ran's hand in marriage by approaching her father, who is evidently more impressed by Sam-gwan's plucky earnestness than Ok-ran was.
Hopefully, this little tidbit helps demonstrate how "Chronicle of a Blood Merchant" doesn't exactly adhere all that well to modern standards of sexual politics. Or familial politics for that matter. After the courtship phase of the movie, the greatest bulk of emphasis is placed on how Sam-gwan abuses his son Il-rak (played by Nam Da-reum), on the basis that biological paternity is what's important, not who's actually been raising the kid for the past eleven years.
The original novel on which "Chronicle of a Blood Merchant" is based is, so I've been told, a classic of modern Chinese literature, detailing on a personal level a society in the throes of the Cultural Revolution. From that angle, most of what happens in "Chronicle of a Blood Merchant" makes metaphorical sense. Sam-gwan is rejecting his actual identity as a father based on abstract scientific information concerning what real parentage is. The actual selling of blood itself also well demonstrates the general paradox of modernity. While selling blood is obviously really skeevy, it does provide financial opportunities for the seller and literal life for the recipients.
It's a very good metaphor...for the Cultural Revolution. But "Chronicle of a Blood Merchant" ultimately suffers from its inability to relate proceedings to a particularly Korean context. Whereas "Ode to My Father" makes a point of stating how the story of its protagonist is the story of all Koreans of that age, Sam-gwan's story is just Sam-gwan's story. Even a late plot point which explicitly makes use of the fact that blood salesmanship is going everywhere is only ever used for the sake of furthering Sam-gwan's character.
And this runs afoul of the fact that Sam-gwan is really kind of a jerk. He bullies Ok-ran into marrying him and then arbitrarily bullies his son, such that until the final act we rarely ever actually get to see Sam-gwan the plucky relatable guy. Bizarrely, Ok-ran's ex-boyfriend comes off as way more sympathetic than seems reasonable, given that his moustache practically screams "snide weasel". He's moved on- why can't everyone else?
All in all this works to make "Chronicle of a Blood Merchant" a very strange product- most actual sixties Korean movies I've seen are easier to relate to than this modern film. I suppose I can give some credit to the performances- Ha Jeong-woo is convincing as an average joe, Nam Da-reum does his usual good child acting, and I suppose Ha Ji-won is all right, although she really doesn't factor into the story all that much. Unfortunately, the film can't escape the inherent weirdness and unrelatability of a transplanted international allegory, so ultimately I can't recommend it.
Review by William Schwartz HANCINEMA

Archived