[Drama 2014] Big Man 빅맨

pechumori

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="at_ttl"‘Big Man’ Kang Ji Hwan, “I Like Lee Da Hee” By Staff Writer | May 07, 2014

who-will-big-man-lee-da-hee-choose-kang-

The new KBS Monday Tuesday drama "Big Man" actor Kang Ji Hwan confessed his love for actress Lee Da Hee.
On the episode of the new KBS Monday Tuesday drama "Big Man" which aired on May 6, 2014, Kim Ji Hyuk, played by Kang Ji Hwan, moved to the next door of the house of So Mi Ra, played by Lee Da Hee. After he settled in, he asked So Mi Ra out by saying that he does not know how to ride a bike and that he would like to learn. The two enjoyed their time together riding the bike. When they were spending their romantic time together, Yang Dae Sup, played by Jang Tae Sung, showed up and said, "What are you two doing here?" So Mi Ra said, "He told me he does not know how to ride a bike." However, Yang Dae Sup said, "What are you talking about? He does know how to ride a bike." Later on, So Mi Ra found out that he pretended not to ride a bike because he wanted to get closer to her, and left him. Kang Ji Hyuk then shouted on her back, "I am sorry, I did it because I like you." In related news, the new KBS Monday Tuesday drama "Big Man" tells a story of the orphan named Kim Ji Hyuk, played by actor Kang Ji Hwan. Kim Ji Hyuk is a hardworking low class man wrongfully charged with murdering someone. The story starts when Kim Ji Hyuk, while living the hard days of his life, one morning opens his eyes from the bed, and he has become an heir of the millionaire conglomerate family that runs Hyun Song group.

credit: kdramastars

class="at_ttl"Who Will ‘Big Man’ Lee Da Hee Choose? Kang Ji Hwan Or Choi Daniel By Staff Writer | May 07, 2014

who-will-big-man-lee-da-hee-choose-kang-

The new KBS Monday Tuesday drama "Big Man" actress Lee Da Hee face a dilemma between actor Kang Ji Hwan, who confessed his love for her, and actor Choi Daniel, who was sick in the hospital bed.
On the episode of the new KBS Monday Tuesday drama "Big Man" which aired on May 6, 2014, So Mi Ra, played by Lee Da Hee, was confused between her feelings for Kim Ji Hyuk, played by Kang Ji Hwan, and Kang Dong Suk, played by Choi Daniel. On that day's episode, So Mi Ra taught Kim Ji Hyuk how to ride a bike. However, as So Mi Ra was helping him, she felt guilty for Kang Dong Suk, who was sick in the hospital bed. His charges could only be lifted up if Kim Ji Hyuk went to jail. Although So Mi Ra knew all of this, she wanted to help Kim Ji Hyuk. Later on, So Mi Ra declined Kang Dong Suk's marriage proposal. In related news, the new KBS Monday Tuesday drama "Big Man" tells a story of the orphan named Kim Ji Hyuk, played by actor Kang Ji Hwan. Kim Ji Hyuk is a hardworking low class man wrongfully charged with murdering someone. The story starts when Kim Ji Hyuk, while living the hard days of his life, one morning opens his eyes from the bed, and he has become an heir of the millionaire conglomerate family that runs Hyun Song group.

Excerpts of #KangJIHwan's Guerilla date Interview
translated by the KJH Singapore Operator
edited by the KJH Philippine Operator

10313843_1429086914016085_69796691924989

Interviewer Kim saeng Min: How do you usually select your drama?

KJH: By reading the synopsis first.. in this project, "Big Man", one sentence moved me. ‘The family I missed so much, only wanted my heart”

Interviewer: Kang Ji Hwan ssi usually prepares even for the very small details in his drama, and what details did you focus in for Big Man?

KJH: Patched clothes... the character will have a huge success. He will play all the way in his life, if he plays now. I have a good sense and do all details by myself.  I believe those details tell about the character indirectly.
Doing adlibs is not a joke. You have to monitor the work several times.

Then KJH was too concentrated on the barbecue and could not hear the next questions from the reporter.

Interviewer: Are you listening?

KJH: sorry, this meat is so delicious! You can do the interview now.

Kang Ji Hwan has three secrets!!

1. Learn the secrets of his muscular body
Amazing, 184cm, 72kg! If you look up close, you can see the big shirt. The proportions are good.

KJH: But, the body for filming and the body during my rest period are totally different. I have a good belly during rest.

Interviewer: What area are you confident of?

KJH: My broad shoulders.  The reason is..my back muscles, Having a six pack could not differentiate me with the other actors. so I thought "ok, I will make a part of me special". I found that my shoulder muscles are good and so my strategy is to focus on it.

Interviewer: Now?....

KJH: still practicing.

2. The secret to being an expert in Melo drama

Interviewer: You are good at comedy and action however you do Melo drama the best, actor Kang. Why?  

KJH: This is so far what most actors prepare for. In particular, they would use mouth wash. But I prepare by using Strawberry gum, Mint gum, Vanilla gum before a kissing scene. You can also select carefully as the situation demands. I put that gum under the tongue in advance. At the time of the kiss, I lift my tongue lightly and it gives a good smell.

I never talked about this, however, as always, I like the strawberry flavor. I want to be remembered as the Oppa with an original strawberry flavor. That caption is more funny. (laughs)
During the kissing scene, I perform the kiss for real when I take a full shot.

Interviewer : Is it for the drama?

KJH: No, for me.  hahahahahahahahaha
It will work for everyone. (laughs)

3. KJH's top secret stars

Interviewer: Honestly, is there any female artist that you are interested in?

KJH: I like beautiful ladies… So, I capture the photos of beautiful ladies while surfing the internet and save it as the wallpaper for receiving calls.
Nowadays, I use the Avengers' Kim Su Hyun's famous picture for my Stylist number,
Crystal and Jessica Jung's picture are for my Manager's number.
Really cute for Twitter. (laughs)

Interviewer: How do you want to be remembered as a performer?

KJH: Giving a message about world peace and ozone depletion, I have never seen it. But I just want to be remembered as the actor who immersed himself into the drama no matter if the drama runs for 45 min, 1 hr or 2 hrs..

Interviewer: Yes! Immersion also is the strongest every time I see your performance!
Six years after "Capital Scandal", Kang Ji Hwan returns to KBS through the Mon-Tues drama, "Big Man"

So…. Kang ji hwan  fighting!!

credit: naver

Big Man - Korean Drama

I find the female lead a tad to fickle, this is only episode 4 and her feelings for the man she was willing to kill for two episodes ago has changed. Maybe she is just a gold digger or to easily swayed by the man she spends time with. Intellect and education are two different things and this family will learn the hard way. I know he doesn't appear to bright but there is a reason he always manages to resolve the conflicts around him.

class="at_ttl"Big Man" Um Hyo Sup Fake Acting Moves Kang Ji Whan By Staff Writer | May 07, 2014

big-man-um-hyo-sup-fake-acting-moves-kan

In "Big Man" Um Hyo Sup moved the heart of Kang Ji Hwan with a high-end fake acting.

On the 3rd episode of KBS 2TV Monday/Tuesday drama "Big Man" broadcast on May 5th, the CEO of Hyun Sung Group Kang Sung Wook (played by Um Hyo Sup) wanted to meet Kim Ji Hyuk (played by Kang Ji Hyuk) and went to the store that Hong Dahl Sook (played by Song Ok Soon) operated.

Before this, Kim Ji Hyuk had suspected Kang Sung Wook for acting like a fake parent.  At this, Kang Jung Wook wanted to get rid of Kim Ji Hyuk's suspicion and started to say, "Before marrying your mother, there was a woman that I was seeing."

Moreover, he said, "However, your grandfather did not agree to me dating her so I had to separate.  And then, your mother and I married and she gave birth to you.  However, she just disappeared out of nowhere.  It might be that woman that left a note at the orphanage" and explained the situation.  This was all a lie, of course.

However, Kim Ji Hyuk believed this lie and fake acting.  Kang Sung Wook cried and said, "Your dad is such a loser and made you suffer like this.  I'm sorry," and blamed himself thinking that he was sincere.  He quietly poured him a drink and this showed that he was falling for the trap that Kang Sung Wook had created.

Guest bptree

Thoughts & Some Criticism for Ep. 4 (Don't Read If That Will Upset You)

Wasn't in love with episode 4... felt the writing and acting took an u-turn. For example, the fighting, funeral, and union scenes didn't feel "right" and too rushed. As was the car chase scene from episode 2 or 1. They didn't really add much to the story, just wasting money and actor's energy when it could be saved for more important scenes. In the fight scene between union members and company-hired thugs, KJH appeared reserved, just going through the motions, maybe tired or careful, didn't want to hit anyone by accident. Was it necessary for Ji Hyuk to fight off all the bad guys like some superhero? I think that was unrealistic. Ji Hyuk is not a superhero, he is the most down to earth hero, with human limitations. I don't think the writer should make him seem invincible, as he did in this fight scene. Also, it bothers me that Ji Hyuk doesn't seem to suffer any consequences from being hit on the back of the head and injected with organ-failing drugs. I understand this is often how drama works... recovery is always 100%, sometimes you end up smarter than before (ex. Lee Cha Don) but it's unrealistic. What makes Ji Hyuk such a fantastic character is his frailties and down to earth qualities. Also, I felt KJH's acting was different and a little "off" in episode 4... frankly, I didn't enjoy it as much as in previous episodes. For example, his performance in the funeral scene. I understand that he was happy to be able to provide for the widow and son, but he just came off too light-hearted and glib. I also understand maybe Ji Hyuk was so enthusiastic because he saw the boy as himself when he was that age. But his performance lacked depth and heart. Not just his acting that was lacking, also the lady that was cast as the widow didn't really portray her role very successfully. Just a poorly made scene all around- bad writing, bad directing, bad acting. I like his acting the most when it's toned down and has a natural feeling. Did anyone also feel this way about episode 4?Edit: I'm re-watching the episode now, and it's not as bad as I felt it was the first time I watched it. I don't know why there is a difference, maybe I am getting used to it now.

class="at_ttl"Big Man" Kang Ji Whan, Rises To Top But Obstacles By Staff Writer | May 07, 2014

big-man-kang-ji-whan-rises-to-top-but-ob

In "Big Man" Kang Ji Hwan rose to the level of company president but there was much more to go in his pathway to success.

On the 3rd episode of KBS 2TV Monday/Tuesday drama "Big Man" broadcast on May 5th, Kang Ji Hyuk (played by Kang Ji Hwan) is appointed to the position of the president of Hyun Sung Logistics but the work flow was not completely understood by everyone and it was difficult to carry on the conference.

This was because Kang Ji Hyuk did not understand the official terms.  At this, Kang Ji Hyuk recognized this fact and said, "Sorry but I don't think the conference will be able to continue this way.  I think I'll have to figure out your workload first" he said.

However, Hyun Sung Logistics was in a risky situation with a continued loss.  Because of this, the team leaders were in a very difficult situation where they were all sensitive.  At this, say said, "At this point?" and showed dissatisfaction.  Then, he went to Kang Ji Hyuk and purposefully submitted a report that was filled with English words.  At this, he said that he wanted to get the work task fully understood.

This was a silent protest against President Kang Ji Hyuk.  Afterward, So Mi Ra (played by Lee Da Hee) recognized this and said, "This is a type of attitude I can't be silent about as an employee.  I will work to have this edited" he criticized.

class="at_ttl"Big Man" Kang Ji Whan Leaving In Middle Of the Night By Staff Writer | May 07, 2014

big-man-kang-ji-whan-leaving-in-middle-o

On the 3rd episode of KBS 2TV Monday/Tuesday drama "Big Man" broadcast on May 5th, Kang Jin Ah (played by Jung So Min) found out that Kim Ji Hyuk (played by Kang Ji Hwan) was her birth father and couldn't be more surprised.  This is because Kim Ji Hyuk used to be local thug in town.

At this, he said to the gang members who were passing by on purpose, "Come on guys, you gang members.  Are you scared?" and started a fight.  At this, he asked Kang Ji Hyuk who was next to him to solve this problem and was brazen in his request.

However, Kang Ji Hyuk started to hit Kang Jin Ah's head in front of the gang members.  In addition, he faulted them saying, "You crazy wench." More than that, he lectured them saying, "I said not to say things on the fly after drinking too much.  That's why you get called psycho.  Hurry up and say you're sorry."

However, there was no way that the gang members would get over this easily.  At this, Kang Ji Hyuk ended up holding Kang Jin Ah's hand and ran away.  Unintentionally, he had been in a race with her in the middle of the night.  Until now, the two people had bickered left and right and it will be interesting to see whether the two people will be able to get closer.

credit:  kdramastars

Choi Daniel shows a sharper and tougher look through a new pictorial

20140507152127_5369d0e711d4e_1.jpg

Choi Daniel showed another side of him through a new pictorial.

Recently, Choi Daniel released a new pictorial through fashion magazine 'Sure,' and showed another sir of him.

Choi Daniel is recently casting in channel KBS 2TV's new drama, 'Big Man,' as a guy named Kang Dong Seok.

Kang Dong Seok is an inheritor of a massive fortune, but he is going through a tragic life, because he never knows when his heart will stop beating.

It is the first time for Choi Daniel to play such a wealthy character, and many viewers are showing great reactions for his transformation.

As he always did, Choi Daniel is doing his best, and many fans are showing huge anticipation for future plot developments.

A representative said, "Choi Daniel talked about how his daily lives go, and many stories that heard while hosting his radio show. We believe that many experiences that Choi Daniel earned during his 20s will give him a lot of help when he gets into his 30s."

Meanwhile, Choi Daniel's new pictorial and interview can be viewed on May edition of fashion magazine 'Sure.'

/Reporting by Kim Hye-in en@starnnews.com
credit: starnnews

Just started watching this drama and I'm hooked.  I'm only on episode 1, but dreading the fact that his love interest is the woman who is supposedly in love with the president of the company. If she falls in love with Ji Hyuk so fast, makes me wonder what her motive was with the president--definitely not love. Just on episode 1, I wanted him to develop feelings for Kang's sister, but I guess that is not to be.

I'm watching Triangle as well and it didn't grab my attention--seems everything is exaggerated. I'll keep watching to see if that changes.  However, this one has grabbed me from the first episode.

@bptree I think they made him fight the thugs because he was a gangster before.

but I agree the episode wasn't great. Now that you mention him, I miss Lee Cha Don

:(( I'm looking forward to Choi Daniel's character next week, hope he spices things up.

@IBELIS I agree, she was willing to kill someone for her childhood love just a couple episodes ago, it makes no sense that she's already having feelings for someone else. But I think it's just that the character is badly written lol I'm expecting they're going to give DS some bad traits to justify her switching to JH.

class="headline"\'Big Man\' Kang Ji Hwan Captivates Audiences With Royal Suitbnt news
78esr6hjygprezlh8ejaz4b92c45i9ye.jpg

[by Sunghee Park] Kang Ji Hwan’s luxurious suit looks from currently airing drama ‘Big Man’ has been captivating the eyes of many men. 
In the series, Kang Ji Hwan appears as penniless orphan whose life changes as he falls into a trick that he is the long lost eldest son of a rich. As he transforms into a top financial leader, Kang captured men’s attention with his stylish suit look.
In a recent episode, Kang Ji Hwan highlighted a simple suit with stripe patterned point item, flaunting his outstanding fashion sense. As can be seen in the above, Kang stylishly matched a stripe patterned tie with a navy suit. 
Meanwhile, Kang Ji Hwan’s luxurious royal suits are from men’s fashion brand ‘VanHart di Albazar.’ (photo by KBS’ ‘Big Man)
credit: yahoo

Archived