[Drama 2014] Triangle 트라이앵글

Guest yeohweping

Guest LadyAra

class="content-title" JYJ’s Jaejoong Speaks Up About Original Ending for “Triangle” ayyagirl July 30, 2014 2 Comments JYJ’s Jaejoong Speaks Up About Original Ending for “Triangle”

JYJ’s Jaejoong recently finished filming for his drama “Triangle” and finally spoke up about the original ending of his character, Jang Dong Chul.

Kim Jaejoong explained, “The drama has ended and I know I can speak up about it now, but honestly, Jang Dong Chul’s death was certain. He was supposed to die at the airport on the way to attend the Hold ‘Em Championships. However, the drama was extended by two episodes, so the ending changed. Im Siwan had other filming schedules and could only attend the filming of one extended episode, so that is why his character Jang Dong Woo died instead.” [more]

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fail is depressing. So his dream for gambling was more prominent in the original plans. I am so glad this mess is behind them all, really. Bad creators + bad filming system = disaster.

class="content-title" JYJ’s Jaejoong Speaks Up About Original Ending for “Triangle” ayyagirl July 30, 2014

JYJ’s Jaejoong Speaks Up About Original Ending for “Triangle”

JYJ’s Jaejoong recently finished filming for his drama “Triangle” and finally spoke up about the original ending of his character, Jang Dong Chul.

Kim Jaejoong explained, “The drama has ended and I know I can speak up about it now, but honestly, Jang Dong Chul’s death was certain. He was supposed to die at the airport on the way to attend the Hold ‘Em Championships. However, the drama was extended by two episodes, so the ending changed. Im Siwan had other filming schedules and could only attend the filming of one extended episode, so that is why his character Jang Dong Woo died instead.”

Kim Jaejoong further explains, “Oh Yeon Soo, who plays Hwang Shin Hye, had to go to the U.S. for personal family matters, so we weren’t able to film together at the end. Lee Bum Soo and I had time, so we were together until the very last episode.”

Source: Soompi

id="yui_3_16_0_1_1406788026224_22184" class="yiv9711020625post-title" style="margin:.4em 0 .3em;font-size:1.8em;font-size:1.6em;color:#555;margin:0;font-size:20px;"[TRANS] 140731 Interview 1: Kim Jaejoong, “If only I could have one more kiss scene with Baek Jinhee… What a shame” by Ces

Soon after he finished his first drama as the male lead, in media interviews, Kim Jaejoong expressed his affection toward ‘Triangle’. He also added a ‘cute’ sorrow because while busy focusing on revenge, he couldn’t fully cover the melo with Baek Jinhee.

“I have a bittersweet feeling when the drama ended. Actually the bitterness is bigger. I wanted to show more of the brotherhood and the love with Oh Junghee, but as the drama has only 26 episodes, it can’t handle many stories. What a shame. If it had 50 episodes, I think it could convey more.”

“I tried a lot so that Jinhee and I could look like real lovers. In order to get along well, we always keep in touch. Jinhee has appeared on many dramas; she’s good at acting and has deep thoughts about acting. I worried a lot about how we two should act to look like real lovers but we couldn’t show much in the drama. What a shame. It would be nice if we had one more kiss scene… (Laughs) Actually the only one kiss scene in the drama was filmed in the morning of the broadcasting day. Since we didn’t have time, we couldn’t put much effort into it. I wish it could come out more beautifully and ardently. Too bad.”

In this drama, Kim Jaejoong got a lot of attention for his deeper and richer emotions in acting.

“As this is my first drama as the male lead, I wasn’t familiar with the fact that a lot of emotional expressions have to be shown. In fact, Youngdal’s filming part was big. It might have been tough physically and mentally but it wasn’t, as I thought I wanted to experience more in acting. The viewers commented that my acting was good but it’s not easy for me to evaluate my own work. However, I had a sense of responsibility and tried my best. My biggest aim was to enjoy the filming with co-actors and staff. I think the responsibility of the male lead is to create a pleasant atmosphere in the filming set.”

In the filming set, the existence of Kim Jaejoong was like vitamin. The shooting conditions were hard but he created a friendly atmosphere for his co-actors and staff. Thanks to that, they were able to continue filming in the situation that NG happened frequently because of lack of practice time due to last-minute scripts. Kim Jaejoong’s sociability did a great job.

“Because all of us worked without sleeping, I thought I should cheer everybody up. Everyone was suffering; I thought it was irresponsible to show my tiredness. I think aside from acting, it’s also important to light up the atmosphere by comforting them and joking around. I think it was worthwhile [to do it], because my co-actors said it was nice to work with me, that they gained more strength thanks to me.”

“In the drama, there’s a scene where I shed tears while being hypnotized. At that time, I couldn’t sleep and felt very bad because the rating decreased; the staff took care of me a lot. That day, my fans also supported foods and gave out bandaid on the set. Lighting director, sound director… the PDs put bandaid on their necks, their hands, on the back of their heads in order to make me smile. I felt very thankful. I also tried my best to cheer up the actors and staff but I was moved at the thought that other people were also putting a lot of effort. I thought it was ‘affection’ on the filming set, which almost got me crying.”

In every drama, Kim Jaejoong showed his growth as an actor. Especially, Kim Jaejoong on stage and Kim Jaejoong in drama can be considered as different persons. Now the modifier ‘actor Kim Jaejoong’ doesn’t sound awkward at all.

“In the meantime, the problem was, I only reflected on my acting. I thought that I only needed to act well. But it was a wrong idea. I realized that I had to look at the drama as a whole, not only my acting. I think my vision as an actor got wider. I felt deeply in my heart the fact that I had to make it with the drama. I also realized that the hardships I have gone through with acting in the meantime were nothing (T/N: Means this time is much tougher). The more I work, the bigger burden and responsibility becomes.”

Triangle’s ratings have once fallen down to 6%. Slow development, boring and common settings are the main causes.

“Actually, I think not only me but many actors were distressed about the ratings. However, we didn’t show it in the filming set. We filmed in bright atmosphere. What I felt the most thankful about is that everybody said it wasn’t my fault. They encouraged me before I shrank further. Thanks to that, I got to work harder. My part is big but I’m quick at memorizing script. However, because the script came out at the last minute, NG still happened. Even so, I felt thankful that everyone created a nice environment so that I could focus.”

Kim Jaejoong digested perfectly the character Huh Youngdal because he understood and well interpreted the drama.

“Because I was too immersed into the character, it was hard for me to record for JYJ’s album. My members also call me Youngdal. I think I recorded with Youngdalie’s feeling. This drama taught me that a male lead can feel all kinds of human feelings - joy, anger, sorrow, and pleasure. There was much burden and pain mentally.”

Kim Jaejoong is easily moved to tears. Playing a Youngdal who lives a tough life, he even cried desperately.

“I cried often. (Laugh) I’m the type that can cry endlessly without limit. Of course I don’t cry over small things, I only cry when I have extremely hard times. However, because I cried too much in this drama, I think my tears won’t come out anymore. (Laugh) I cried the most when I acted as being hypnotized. Not the drama but the thought of being alone in real life after filming made me cry. I should have a drink and go to sleep but I didn’t have anyone to drink with me. There was always this repeated feeling “So I’m alone again?” Suddenly the thought of being alone got me crying. I cried very hard. (Laugh)”

In the first episodes of the drama, Kim Jaejoong messed up his image on purpose. He naturally played a Huh Youngdal who was running in town wearing only underwear, who could become a ‘gigolo’ to gain money.

“Actually, I was firmly prepared for the messed-up parts. I tried to do anything the writer and the PD wanted. To be honest, I could even do more. (Laugh) Before filming ‘Triangle’, when I practiced, I thought that it would be awkward if I tried too much. Youngdal in my thought can’t be different with Youngdal in PD-nim’s thought. So I started with the thought that I should play a Youngdal that PD-nim wanted. Thanks to that, I could act comfortably. I first met Baek Jinhee while wearing only boxers, but I didn’t feel embarrassed at all.”

Kim Jaejoong added, “There were many funny things, so I really enjoyed it.” Acting in this drama, Kim Jaejoong has become close with Lee Bumsoo who acted as his big brother, ZE:A Im Siwan who acted as his younger brother and Baek Jinhee who acted as his lover. He’s especially close with Im Siwan. They kept in touch even when Siwan didn’t have filming schedule.

“Bumsoo hyung is a big sunbae but he’s not the type who would admonish me and Siwanie in acting. Should I say he just leave it to us? Siwanie has many ambitions toward acting but he’s the type that takes care of co-actors a lot. We talked a lot about each other’s acting and we’re also close in real life. We might have competed with each other, but we were busy embracing each other. Siwanie will start filming Misaeng. I’m thinking of visiting him on the set. (Laughs)”

After his debut with TVXQ, then JYJ, now as an actor, his active field has widened. Recently, after the new [JYJ] album was released, the album created a sensation on music charts. After finishing his drama, he started to prepare for JYJ’s world tour. Along with JYJ activities, he will consistently continue acting activities.

“It’s good to be a singer but I’ve got a new interest called acting. I have lot of worries and have to make a lot of effort but I enjoy it. It’s interesting to be able to live many lives. I’ll continue acting.”

Source: OSEN via Naver
Translated by: Hannah @ PrinceJJ (@The_Little_Pear)
Shared by: PrinceJJ

Please take out with full credits and in accordance with our rules.

"“I have a bittersweet feeling when the drama ended. Actually the bitterness is bigger. I wanted to show more of the brotherhood and the love with Oh Junghee, "
i have that bittersweet too jaejoong....
and i'm glad you are not dead young dal bcs the reason you died is really ridiculous Jang Dong Chul’s death was certain. He was supposed to die at the airport on the way to attend the Hold ‘Em Championships." LOL what a story...at last yang ha died in his two brother arm and he still look cute lol

Triangle: Episode 26 (Final)

by HeadsNo2

triangle26-00130-1.jpg

Here lies what was once a promising show, though it may be hard to remember the good times when Triangle spent the last few weeks with one foot already in the grave. As far as finales go, it’s by and large not the worst you’ll ever see, and I imagine there might even be a few who’ll be able to mine some gratification from it. There’s at least something to be said for a show that made it through an extension without lobotomizing anyone or losing its collective mind, but how I dream of the day when we’ll watch a finale that blows us away and leaves us feeling glad for the time we put in. That day may not be today, but one day. One day.

As for ratings, Triangle finished its run in first place at 10.5%, while Temptation dropped slightly to 8.9%. Trot Lovers saw a tiny bump, even if they still brought up the rear with 8.2%.

>> FULL PIECE << at Dramabeans

I'm gonna eat my words and NOT talk a lot about the finale, as my feelings about it have changed quite a bit especially after having found out what it was originally going to be like had Siwan not killed his own character/saved hyung's life by going to France /:)
Throughout the series many of us have whined discussed about its many flaws, but my personal favorite is what Pogo has succinctly summarized in Dramabeans comment section: "Seriously, this drama was sold with the tagline A Tale of Three Unfortunate Brothers. Why did it have to become A Tale of Three Nasty Ajusshis Plotting In Offices?" =)) =)) =))
However the show's failure to launch notwithstanding, I honestly do not regret watching it. There were quite a few strong episodes in the first two thirds of the show, there were numerous moments that I genuinely felt were touching, and most of the actors and actresses did a great job, well, acting. So while I won't be rewatching the show anytime soon (certainly not rewatching it in its entirety), I don't particularly feel Triangle was a dreadful use of 26+ hours of my time =) 
As a fan, my biggest gain from the show is of course seeing Jaejoong blossoming into a bona fide lead actor. While he had always been able to do the emotional scenes really well since the beginning of his acting career, I felt his other scenes were just 'solid'. But in Triangle, like many have already said he really breathed life into the character Young-dal, and to me, there really isn't a higher compliment than saying that an actor has made the character his own. My second biggest gain is being reintroduced to Im Si-wan, who I was impressed by in Equator Man but did not actually become a fan of. I think Siwan's brand of acting, or maybe it's due to Yang-ha's persona, is not as widely appreciated because it is understated and subtle. But I did feel Siwan did a good job conveying feelings, slight change of heart, and internal conflict mostly through his eyes. So I am also a fan of his now, in fact I just watched The Attorney and like what he did in there (imperfect, but mostly good).
I know people are rightfully indignant on Lee Beom-soo's behalf due to how Dong-soo's character was badly marginalized in the second half of the show... Hopefully The Divine Move is going to kick richard simmons and people forget that he played a forgettable role in Triangle  8-|
Regarding the writing of show, while I complained about  it A LOT there were things I really appreciate as well. On top of the list would be how the majority of the characters felt REAL to me, in that their emotions and motives make sense when considering their respective persona, background and situation. Another thing I really like is how NONE of Choi's female character made me feel insulted as a woman, regardless of whether or not I like said character- and this alone deserves some sort of award because of the very problematic way women characters are often written in Kdramaland. Lastly, even though the show wasted its potential to be something great, Choi did have a good idea in the first place. So I don't know, maybe he needs to find himself better assistant writers to help him stay on track, or write stronger pilot episodes to garner enough ratings, and in turn secure freedom to shape the story the way he had planned to? 
@Nirvana 
I super like your last post <3 The only part I guessed wrong was the person that was seeking closure and you are right, at the beginning of the series, Dong-soo was seen as a person who was so haunted by his past, that he channeled all his anger (at himself) into chasing after GBT. Sigh, for the nth time, if only Dong-soo had not quit from the police force or had become an undercover or had somehow been reinstated or gotten another job after that stabbing incident! And you are right, I almost forgot Yang-ha had repeatedly tried to kill himself in the past, which would have made his death more acceptable had we not come to learn that that wasn't the original plan -___-;; Speaking of Yang-ha's death, although it sure wasn't necessary, I did feel his dying words ironically, were what changed Young-dal from caring about him almost only because of their blood connection, to caring about him because Yang-ha showed that he was a vulnerable person capable of love and forgiveness. Yang-ha's love for Yoon was foolish, blind, and tragic because Yoon was completely undeserving of his love. But at the same time, Yang-ha's love for him was also pure and loyal, even after he'd found out Yoon was the source of all his suffering.
Oh I did watch the first couple of episodes of Midas, I forgot why I dropped it though...??? I do remember Kim Hee-Ae's character in it was quite impressive, I've seldom seen any female character being given such a powerful role in a corporate setting (Choi really doesn't write weak female characters hun). Just checked out Lights and Shadows' profile on AsianWiki... I will pass this one xD

class="post-title" style="margin: 0px;"[TRANS] 140731 Kim Jaejoong “Song Joongki told me that he watched ‘Triangle’ in the army”by Lena

1406773276539_99_20140731124503

JYJ Kim Jaejoong mentioned Song Joongki who is serving in the army.

In his interview with Xportsnews, Kim Jaejoong said, “Half of a month ago, Joongki was allowed to go out briefly, so we talked with each other on the phone. He said he’s watching ‘Triangle’ in the army. I don’t know why I felt embarrassed [hearing him say that].”

Song Joongki is now serving under the 22nd Infantry Division Search Battalion. In the past, two of them have revealed the photo they took together on SNS, showing their friendship.

“When I was filming, I didn’t know but I heard later that ‘Triangle’ had more male viewers than female viewers because it was about gambling and brotherhood. He (Joongki) said he really enjoyed it.”

He also shared, “I think I’ll keep being closer with Siwanie. Oh Yeonsoo noona is a very nice person, I think when she comes back to Korea, we’ll meet really often.”

Kim Jaejoong added, “I’m also close with other actors. Shin Seunghwan hyung and Lee Yoonmi noona each occupies a place too. I’m also close with the supportive actors like Shorry hyung and Seokcheon hyung, etc.”

Credit: SportnewsTranslated by Hannah @ PrinceJJ (@the_little_pear)Shared by PrinceJJ

Guest united06

Episode 25-26 END ~
image-EACC_53D9C19E.jpg

image-F99E_53DC278F.jpg

CREDIT: DarkSmurfSub GFX team
More graphics can be found HERE.
English subtitles are now available at DarkSmurfSubs~! ♥

Triangle English Subtitles is a Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8409-triangle-2014/
Please visit the link above for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Guest dhebbie2t

Hello chinggus :-h :-h
I am currently watching this drama and it's really awesome
JaeJoong oppa is so HOT and HANDSOME
aigoo
Im Siwan is great in this drama, the kid's acting is getting daebak
This drama is all about gang vs. gang its kinda different from other drama
But I haven't finish it yet
I am currently in episode 18
so I still 8 episode left

class="post-title" style="margin: 0px;"[TRANS] 140731 Interview 3: ‘Cool man’ Kim Jaejoong reveals “3 reasons why I make a decent man”by Lena

Read the First and 2nd Interviews here [INTERVIEW 1] & [INTERVIEW 2]

‘Cool man’ Kim Jaejoong reveals “3 reasons why I make a decent man”

Q. You have been filming until yesterday (July 29th), what was your last scene?

The scene in casino.

Q. When was the last scene filmed then? It’s the awaited ending scene with narration.

It was filmed last Saturday (26th). We went to Kangwondo in the midst of live broadcast schedule to film that scene. I knew that it would be the ending, but I didn’t know how it would come out. Because the script wasn’t out, we just filmed it first. The narration came out at 5pm on the 29th. If I knew beforehand the content was “Please try to love someone”, I would have smiled. What a shame. I also think maybe it’s better that I filmed the scene without knowing anything.

Q. Don’t you think your last line to Junghee (Baek Jinhee) was a little too cheesy? Haha.

If the melo was well presented [in the drama], that line would have matched it more, but the drama lacked of melo. However, even if it wasn’t shown well in the drama, I always filmed with that feeling (melo) in order to convince myself.

Q. This is your first drama as male lead; everybody says you achieved successful results. What do you think?

I think this drama left me a lot of homework. When acting as lead actor, I think my vision changed. It widened, which was a good thing, but pressure and responsibility also got bigger. Once the filming started, I only had 3 hours of sleep out of 100 hours. In such a tight schedule, of course it was tough physically. But as main lead, I thought that I had to create a delightful atmosphere on the set. If I showed my displeasure, there would be nothing left. Even if it was tough, I hoped that, till the end, everyone could communicate while smiling. The outcome is not important. Because just by doing our best, just by communicating with each other while smiling, we could have nice memories.

Q. Did you feel your own growth in acting? Like feeling more comfortable when interpreting the character?

This is the drama I analyzed less. On the set, I had a teacher called PD Yoo Chulyong. I entrusted [my acting] to the lead of PD-nim. However, it was also because of live broadcast schedule that I didn’t have time to analyze.  At first I relied on what PD-nim taught me, but later on he didn’t give me any guidance. He said, “Whatever you think is right.” From that day on, I naturally relied upon myself.

Q. Did you checked the reaction of viewers and articles while you’re filming the drama?

Of course. The most memorable reaction was about my ‘naked’ scene in the first episode. Actually, I thought that a character like Yangha played by Im Siwan should have cool visual and a character like Youngdal should be less dressed up, and in a more careless way. In the first episodes, he was a scoundrel who didn’t know how to fight well so of course I thought that he wouldn’t have abs or muscles. He might be very fat or very thin. The normal scoundrels I pictured are one of the two. But just at that time, Lee Jongsuk of Dr. Stranger showed his solid abs, and someone wrote this in the comment section, “Don’t take off your shirt if you don’t have six pack like Lee Jongsuk.” Hey! I can also tone up my stomach. It’s not that I don’t put effort into it; I just want to match the character! (Everybody burst out laughing) Nonetheless, next time when I have to take my clothes off, I’ll work on my body. (Everybody burst out laughing again)

Q. You said that you have many similar points with Huh Youngdal right? Please share with us.

After he transformed into Jang Dongchul, we don’t have common points anymore. But I think I have the same naturalness as Youngdal. Our behavior in daily life is also similar. However, a scoundrel in real life would swear a lot. Too bad he couldn’t be like that because it’s a drama (because of censorship).

Q. Then how about try playing a real scoundrel in a movie next time?

Oh oh! Really! I really want to try. After accepting this role, I watched the movie Bloody Tie for guidance. Whoa he never opens his mouth without cursing and swearing. That’s something you can never do in a drama. I really want to play such a character in movie.

Q. In the drama, you, Lee Bumsoo and Im Siwan are brothers. You three look totally different, but in the second half of the drama, I was surprised that you looked strangely alike.

Really? This is the first time I hear that. Ah, I have heard once that Bumsoo hyung’s eyes and mine are similar. Siwanie is very handsome. This time I got very close to Siwanie, we’re like brothers. So the emotional scenes were sadder. It was really sad because I had to come up against a boy who is like a brother to me in real life. (Kim Jaejoong stopped, then suddenly said, “Ah, I super like Siwanie.”)

Q. Oh, you’re like lovers!

I know right! Why do I always have chemistry with male actors? I really envy people who meet their lover through drama! Uh ah~!

Q. Didn’t you have Baek Jinhee?

I gained a person (T/N: means a good friend/sister), not love. Ha ha.

Q. In real life, how will you be when you’re in love?

I’ll be like Youngdal. Just like Youngdal who could fight and come into conflict with everyone but would become shy in front of Junghee, I can’t hide my heart. I can’t make a poker face.

Q. What do you think about the ending of the drama?

Now I can speak up about it. Actually the ending was changed. In the original script, Youngdal couldn’t achieve his dream and was supposed to die at the airport. But the drama was extended for two more episodes and because of schedule conflict, the ending was changed. In Siwanie’s case, he already had another schedule, but because of the extension, he had to film one more day. Oh Yeonsoo noona actually went to the U.S with her family. I and Bumsoo hyung had time, so we appeared until the last episode and I happened to survive.

Q. If Youngdal died, as an actor who plays this character, what would you feel?

I think it would be better. However, I and Siwanie discussed with the writer how we should show our emotions and express our feelings through our lines. Because the three brothers get to know the truth only at the last moment, we thought the way they express their emotions should be more controlled. We agreed on that and were doing it that way, and then Siwanie faced the unexpected death. I felt so sad watching him in his death scene. Siwanie is really good at acting.

Q. Did you know Im Siwan before this drama?

No. We got closer thanks to this drama. Before that, we didn’t know each other. As I’m his sunbae in music, he felt amazed; and I also felt amazed. (Q. What? Oh, why?) Because I don’t often appear on shows and programs, I always feel amazed by people who appear on TV. Siwanie is great. He started his new project right away. His ambition toward acting~!

Q. Because you can learn a lot from a project, I think you’ll want to enter to another project right away.

Of course. I want another project. I had many scenes and I was the main actor, so there were many things I could show. While working with many actors, many situations happened. I could also express various emotions, lots of confident expressions and also lots of awkward expressions. Anyway, I think I had many opportunities, that’s why I could win many praises. And I want to start another project while my switch of sense of immediacy is still on.

Q. However, now you have to focus on JYJ album right?

Right. I also like it. It’s our round. (Q. The reaction is good) I know right. I wonder why? I’m in good mood. It’s an occasion to celebrate. Maybe because we keep ourselves relaxed. In this album, we left out everything forced. If someone would use some glamorous words to describe us, that’s good. But we told ourselves not to be like that. If you listen to our album, instead of incredibly diversified things or new things, the songs are quality works that the members wanted to do and make naturally.

Q.  Now at the same time, Park Yoochun also has interviews. He defined this album as ‘a gift the members gave each other’. I would like to hear your definition.

I think it’s Yoochun’s gift for me. (Everybody burst out laughing) By the way, as I worked on this album with my members, I thought ‘how could we match each other this well’. When we record a song, the very first member recording must do well. In my case, I’m the first member that recorded for ‘Sad Dawn’, and I changed my tone, I sang the vibration faster. So after that, Yoochunie and Junsu also sang that way. Actually Yoochunie doesn’t like that style but he sang that way to match my style. Amazing~! It’s because our kungjjak matches. When I do ‘kung’, my members do ‘jjak’. Ha ha.

(T/N: kkungjak = when some sounds [jjak] appear in harmony with the rhythm of strong sounds of the drum [kung]. Jaejoong means they understand each other extremely well, everything they do go surprisingly well together.)

Q. I can feel that you really take care of each other.

When we discussed about the tracklist of this album, instead of ‘what I want to do’, I chose the songs which ‘I’m not really confident to sing but I think Junsu and Yoochunie could sing well’. Not only me but my members also think that way. We didn’t select the songs based on our individual style but we thought about how it would be when JYJ sings it.

Q. Such a fantastic team. Will there be one day that you three appear in the same movie or drama?

(widening his big round eyes) Someday! I’m not sure when but I think we will do it. I want to try it.

Q. But you have a project together. Penzal Q CF.

Ha ha ha ha. It blew up the sales.

Q. Your sense of humor is awesome. I think you’ll do well in variety shows.

If I appear on variety shows, I can do well. I also want to do a rom-com (romantic comedy drama). I’m a decent man.

Q. Let’s end this interview with three reasons why you make a decent man.

First of all, I’m the type that thinks before talking! (T/N: literally, when I receive such question, I’ll think before answering) And I’m proactive when it comes to skinship. Finally, I’m a man who doesn’t spare anything - time, effort, strength or money - for my love!

Bae Seonyoung sypova@tenasia.co.krCredit: tenasia.hankyungTranslated by Hannah @ Prince (@the_little_pear)Shared by PrinceJJ

class="post-title" style="margin: 0px;"[TRANS] The Star Korea Interview of MBC Drama Triangle’s Kim Jaejoongby Ces

I was able to hear Kim Jaejoong's answers for few of the questions you sent us to @thestar_korea from the 24th to the 28th. We met Kim JaeJoong for a wrap up interview for MBC Monday/Tuesday drama Triangle. He answered each question cheerfully and honestly and treated each question with sincerity.

Thestar twitter was boiling over with poised questions more than ever... Following are Jaejoong's answers to some of the questions meticulously selected... We would like to thankactor Kim Jaejoong who gladly took his precious time to answer the questions despite his busy schedule.

Q. You chose characters that suffer heartaches and hardships. Any reasons why you tend to choose such difficult roles? And what are the main points you focus on when you create your characters? (@ellenkim5, @choajj_0126)

A. I didn't take any acting lessons before this drama. I was afraid that I would create a prejudice for myself rather than other people do it for me. I met actor Choe Minsik who told me, "I will give you an acting lesson. Let's do a reading practice." But he didn't really give me any lessons. We had drinks together, and he gave me excellent tips. I asked him, "My role this time is a street thug. What should I do?" He told me, "there are cool street thugs and not so cool ones. Just do as you perceive them." For example, a guy who is doing pretty well in countryside may get nervous when he comes to cities. A street thug may get nervous according to the situation he is put into. Once I thought of it that way, my vision widened, I didn't have to limit myself.

(What were the main points you focus on when you create your character Heo Yeongdal?) I thought I wanted to go with the people around him and the situations. I didn't try to over analyze my lines. If I didn't hear Choe Minsik's advice, I would have contemplated a lot. I didn't bind down the carefree character: he can be strong in front of the weak, weak in front of the strong, act boastfully in front of the people he can feel superior to, and become timid in front of people he cannot be. I believe that is acting.

Q. You received many praises for your acting such as your eyes are alive, you have an aura of a rebel, etc. What praise made you feel the best? (@26jan4feb)
A. What Elder actor Gim Jiyeong (Jeonghi's grandma) told me at the last filming at Yongin studio made me feel the best. I would feel happy if I hear,"You put good efforts." But I felt so good and proud of myself when she told me, "You were the best." I'm not saying that I admit that I am the best. I wondered if she says the same thing to all those countless actors she acted with. I don't think she does. And I was immensely grateful. Hearing affirmation makes me feel happy. 
Q. You have 8 sisters in real life and no brothers. How did you feel about being the middle brother with an older brother and a younger brother in Triangle?(@JHwithTVXQ)
A. I told this to the director as well. I felt really good saying the word hyeong(older brother) since I don't have any brothers. Saying "hyeong, hyeong, Beomsu hyeong" made me feel good with no particular reason. I tried to take care of Siwan and wanted to do more for him during the filming, not that he needed my help. Loved having brothers. (Did your sisters get jealous?) My sisters are not my fans; they asked me to get Siwan's autograph and Ji Seong's autograph. 
Q. In the Making DVD of drama Dr. Jin, the staff called you "baby." Were you given any special nickname in Triangle set? (@bornfreebyyou)
A. It is an interesting story. They called me by my character's name, Heo Yeongdal, Jang Dongcheol, Yeongdal, and Dongcheol. And some called me Jaejoong or Yeongwung, the name from TVXQ days. Since I had so many different names, the director sometimes get confused and called me Yeongcheol(Heo Yeongdal+Jang Dongcheol). Elder actor Gim Jiyeong called me Byeongdal time to time maybe because her character's grandsons' names were Byeongcheol and Byeongsu. (Laugh) In the beginning of the drama, another character named Heo Yeongdal played by actress Gang Yebin in the drama the Wang Family was famous, so if one searched for Heo Yeongdal in the internet, only photos of Gang Yebin would come up, and if one searched for triangle, only the musical instruments came up. But now if you search for Heo Yeongdal, I come up mainly. (You must be proud!) I'm sorry but I'm proud, haha
Q. In your past interviews you said you are attracted to extreme roles like a bottom dweller of the society or a criminal. Now that you played a street thug Heo Yeongdal in Triangle do you intend to take on a more cheerful role in your next project?(@yukinojj)
A. I do. (Laugh) Anything would be good. It is not important to take on the roles that I want. Heo Yeongdal started out as a street thug but he ended up becoming a CEO. The answer is not in the synopsis. 

Source: The Star KoreaTranslated by: @crystalmoon64Shared by: PrinceJJ

@starfield
Regarding what Jaejoong said about the ending. I'd like to think that that was Kdrama's god trying his best to correct the ending. Because Kdrama's god can't negotiate with the writer to let them all live, he has to choose between the two youngest, so I guess Huh Young Dal running in red dragon boxer interested him enough to let him live. 

Guest GiampieroN

I don't know if someone asked this in the previous comments but does anyone now the name of the actor who plays JunHo, Oh Jung Hee's friend?

Annyeong chingus...It's been days since Triangle's last episode...After my disappointment of the ending, I found the articles, of JaeJoong explained that the ending could have been different and that Heo YeongDal was supposed to die!I am SO RELIEVED!!! That HYD is not dead...If he is, I would have been more devastated...After re-watching the finale again, I could accept the finale, and glad that Heo YeongDal didn't die... And that he lives happily in the end...Ahhh... I miss him now... With his cool and charismatic charm... ;;) ;;) ;;)

Archived