[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

One last thought (for now) directly from the rewatch and the script:

I think it's interesting that Kang observed the whole sequence of HW hearing the difference in sound made by something small left on the soundboard, and Kang's take-away from that was "They are playing around." He not only doesn't get all that HW does around there, he doesn't seem to have the capacity to get it, either.

What a great first chat, everyone!
Episodes 3 and 4 next week!

@ktomato , sound the gong!

One other observation I had, and I am interested to hear everyone's opinion on this--After hearing different pianists play the 4-hand Schubert's Fantasy in F minor, does anyone else notice that it sounds different if 2 guys play it, than when a man and a woman play it?  Is it just me? I have rolled thru YouTube, listened to multiple performances, and it doesn't seem to matter if the woman plays the lower notes or the upper notes, it has a different sound and tempo than if it's 2 guys.  

Guest dualnon

mdj101 said: @shamrockmom,
Good catch about the motorcycle. Without stopping to check it out, I am not even sure there was a "roll bar" thing behind SJ on the scooter.  And I noticed how nice and shiny the wheels were in Epi.1 --- much more like a motorcycle I thought, when I noticed them.  But I didn't put it together like you did !
There was one other thing I saw during the dunking in the toilet  event!  A hand gesture that seemed fairly crude   YW was insulting Madam Han about meeting her Dad when she was a bar-girl, then asked if Director Min was her new boyfriend, with her left  hand pinky-finger aside her nose near her left eye.  That's what provoke the fight, I think.
I just don't remember a lot of insults via hand gestures in kdramas ---maybe I just didn't notice them?  Italians  are so famous for them and "giving the finger" has gone world-wide now.    By the way, I mean gestures that can stand alone, without words --- not simply gesticulating for emphasis as you converse.
Am I way off track here?  I'm not sure why I noticed that gesture this time.   

shamrockmom said:

Another question:  Did SJ's mom own the restaurant under the house or did she just work there under the ahjumma?

We don't see the ajumma until after SJ's mom dies, so I don't think she was around before. I think she just stepped into the restaurant when it became available.

Someone sometime was writing that they remembered SJ saying that his room hadn't been rented out yet, so he could go back there (after his military and jail stint); so maybe the restaurant space too was rented.

Good question for this week's rewatch, since that's all coming right up.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I took that to mean that SJ hasn't found a tenant to take over his apartment. He's also the fat ahjummas landlord. He commented to her once how the restaurant has stayed the way it was and the fat ahjumma replied something like "why change it".

Anyway if we're going to make SJ revamp the whole apartment, he's gotto be the landlord. No more arguments there!

I think it's interesting that Kang observed the whole sequence of HW hearing the difference in sound made by something small left on the soundboard, and Kang's take-away from that was "They are playing around." He not only doesn't get all that HW does around there, he doesn't seem to have the capacity to get it, either.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Urghhhhh......I'm reluctant to sound the gong becoz our dear @seungshinl has yet to grace our chat room! Is she still held hostage by her mum in law?? Can we send someone in to rescue her? Perhaps the DC-DVD fighters??

Guest dualnon

ktomato said:

shamrockmom said: One other observation I had, and I am interested to hear everyone's opinion on this--After hearing different pianists play the 4-hand Schubert's Fantasy in F minor, does anyone else notice that it sounds different if 2 guys play it, than when a man and a woman play it?  Is it just me? I have rolled thru YouTube, listened to multiple performances, and it doesn't seem to matter if the woman plays the lower notes or the upper notes, it has a different sound and tempo than if it's 2 guys.  

Guest dualnon

gretac said: shamrockmom said: One other observation I had, and I am interested to hear everyone's opinion on this--After hearing different pianists play the 4-hand Schubert's Fantasy in F minor, does anyone else notice that it sounds different if 2 guys play it, than when a man and a woman play it?  Is it just me? I have rolled thru YouTube, listened to multiple performances, and it doesn't seem to matter if the woman plays the lower notes or the upper notes, it has a different sound and tempo than if it's 2 guys.  

ktomato said:

@dualnon I think u need to unsound the gong........

I thought that was your job.  But privately I've listened to that YT video several times.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Since when have I become the gong-bearer? Sounding the gong is a hazardous job for me.....I will be reduced to pulp soon! There's already a little dent on my delicate red skin from banging on the gong to start the inaugural round!

So do u have a YT vid of the gong sounding played in the reverse? How else to unsound gongs then?

dualnon said:

ktomato said:

ktomato said:

@dualnon I think u need to unsound the gong........

I thought that was your job.  But privately I've listened to that YT video several times.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Since when have I become the gong-bearer? Sounding the gong is a hazardous job for me.....I will be reduced to pulp soon! There's already a little dent on my delicate red skin from banging on the gong to start the inaugural round!

So do u have a YT vid of the gong sounding played in the reverse? How else to unsound gongs then?

Ok, try this https://www.freesound.org/people/Omachronic/sounds/130351/

Wow.

and I like your ungong, too!

How do you find all this stuff??!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

How did u manage to listen to the ungong sounds?

Yeah, amazing isn't. @dualnon is so resourceful!

https://www.freesound.org/people/Omachronic/sounds/130351/

How did u manage to listen to the ungong sounds?

? Is this what you mean?

Click on the link, hover over the green sound wave and click on the red play button that appears

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Ah yes. Thanks @gretac. My iPhone screen is so tiny I couldn't spot the red button at first.

Hey, what do u know, the gong n ungong sounds sound the same!! (Or have I just inadvertently revealed how undiscerning my ears are? :P )