[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

Guest alexee

dualnon said:
chingulinka said: alambala said: I don't want to belabor this point - but his reference to 10y in Hongdae has to do with what the big ears hyung (aka HW) told him online when he was fretting that she might be sleeping in the same bed with her husband -- HW said that don't worry, after 10 years (or something similar) most couples don't do it anymore -- so when he said the qualifier in jail I immediately thought that he was echoing that (although in Hongdae he said he didnt believe in that and HW countered him optimistically) -- whichever way saying this in jail was a case of bad timing (even if it showed maturity) and it did not sound like pleading (maybe blame it on YAI delivery which I thought was off throughout the whole scene ---same for KHA --the lines seemed very theatrical in that scene, same for her body posture)

Guest dualnon

slalove said: @chingulinka‌ - he learned to tone his language down a bit, so it doesn't make HW cringe. A statement like forever would have made her cringe good point! his sincerity made her squirm before and I thought that when he said " and you're just too pretty" (something like that at the jail scene) both burst into embarrassed laughter was because that was over the top again and he expected her to find it cringeworthy :)

Guest alambala

chingulinka said: alambala said: I don't want to belabor this point - but his reference to 10y in Hongdae has to do with what the big ears hyung (aka HW) told him online when he was fretting that she might be sleeping in the same bed with her husband -- HW said that don't worry, after 10 years (or something similar) most couples don't do it anymore -- so when he said the qualifier in jail I immediately thought that he was echoing that (although in Hongdae he said he didnt believe in that and HW countered him optimistically) -- whichever way saying this in jail was a case of bad timing (even if it showed maturity) and it did not sound like pleading (maybe blame it on YAI delivery which I thought was off throughout the whole scene ---same for KHA --the lines seemed very theatrical in that scene, same for her body posture)

Guest canuchew

Wow.just like @SennaR‌, I have just finish watching ep16 subbed.

There has been so much to take in in this final episode. How certain triggers can change the whole gameplan, how one is ready to let go and being able to sleep so soundly thereafter..i think there have been so many insightful posts about how the last episode can be interpreted and some life lessons we can take in and I shan't go into writing more about the ending because there are way too many awesome writers here on this thread who have already provided the different answers different people may be looking for:)

On a separate note, during the scene where the camera pans on the different scenery outside of the prison, I was secretly expecting a caterpillar to appear on one of those weeds/plants. Just shows how much I've been stalking this thread lol!

Really love how SLA has been beautifully written,though sometimes I feel like I'm watching a thriller/suspense show,not knowing what to expect the next moment.

Somehow the Hongdae scene in episode 15 really stood out to me.

The director made it so realistic. Filming it all in an uncut and long shot(think someone else mentioned this as well), having people walking by and coming out of those restaurants, even couples having their own intimate moments by the shop entrances in the background. Even if those passerbys were extras arranged in there, it was done really naturally. It was not only the visuals and dialogue that allowed me to feel that SJ and HW were having their moment of freedom to openly walk down the streets hand in hand. I particularly loved the fact that the director allowed most of the surrounding sounds to be picked up (in fact,it was kind of a noisy scene), especially the moment when Hae Won ends her sentence and Sun Jae is just about to hug her, some ahjussi's voice almost drowned Hae Won's last word. Were it the usual drama, the scene would have been cut and retaken with less background sound.

Anyway, I really love that you guys are still putting the effort to translate bits and pieces of the script even though the show has ended and some have left this thread. Kudos to @seungshinl‌ and @cecilia‌ and everyone else who has contributed in one way or another. 정말로 감사합니다!!

seungshinl said: We wuz rubbed !!
In Episode 3, the Script says this:

-선재가 욕실에서 나온다. 벗은 웃통.  한손으로 수건으로 머리 닦으며.

(SJ comes out of the washroom, with top off (topless), with one hand drying his hair with a towel)
This is right before he talks to his mother on the phone and she gets killed.
No one will ever know why YAI/SJ did not appear the way the Script called for.....

Guest alambala

turtle1 said: seungshinl said: We wuz rubbed !!

(SJ comes out of the washroom, with top off (topless), with one hand drying his hair with a towel)
No one will ever know why YAI/SJ did not appear the way the Script called for.....

Guest dualnon

shamrockmom said: chingulinka said: slalove said: seungshinl said: Yup all these emotion and love from SJ for HW ... and we are supposed to get all that on the screen from looking at his expressions!
For example, this post had all kinds of different interpretation of the images of SJ and HW looking at each other in the Court room in Episode 16.  We couldn't tell if they were sad, angry, dejection or what.
But according to the Script, it's supposed to be the most profound acknowledgement and expression of their love and commitment to each other.
I felt that which is why I love SLA but i can also appreciate the view of those who feel that is leaving way too much for the views to sort out.

alambala said: turtle1 said: seungshinl said: We wuz rubbed !!

Guest junebugg

alambala said: turtle1 said: seungshinl said: We wuz rubbed !!

@arashihonou, @kalidreamz, @chingulinka,@sally_b :...Just saw your posts here about that article.  (Definitely a fine example of the sly blend of lies and half truths used by Madam Han on advice of herlawyer ans her stepdaughter!)  The article was dated April 1,2014  and when exactly did SLA start ?

When did he research (??? did he do any???) and write this piece? and how? Did he just Google it and checkout the provocative  (but I loved it, too ---they looked great ) poster and copy  brief summary of the synopsis?   Did he credit the source?   Did he not even know the quality of work these actors, director, writer, production staff have consistently  given over the years? HE MADE A MISTAKE BIGTIME !  other critics will be aware of how he produced his article and will they consider it a momentary lapse or is this the best he can do?  People make mistakes!  Did he take make his criticism in a later article?  If he did, good for him! ............ By the way, is he a real Korean Korean or is this his "nom-de-plume" to increase his readership in Korea?  He compares "apples and orange" when he uses several successful  (awarding winning) western TV projects to  Korean TV  (especially the morning dramas,he said) Again he failed to see that SLA and the USA drama had top level stars directors,etc.  ...................... I HAVE READ THE ARTICLE AGAIN AFTER MY BLOOD STOPPED BOILING !   The picture from SLA was not the sexy poster one but a much less provacative one!  The ratings race DOES have a real effect on products, true.  If I followed his column in print, hopefully I would find some acknowledgement that SLA is a  "different animal entirely"  As a media critic, he must have realized this by now (2 months later).   Alright, I won't "tar and feather him and run him out of town" but wish he had featured a picture related to one of the Western shows, instead. It was so misleading. ...................NOW BACK TO READING FAST AS I CAN FROM p.374.

Guest dualnon

turtle1 said: alambala said: turtle1 said: seungshinl said: We wuz rubbed !!

Having viewed the last quarter of Ep 16 a second time, and this last viewing with Viki subs, I concluded that the actors, writer and director brought the drama to a fitting and satisfying end.  It became clear to me that HW had received a sentence of 1 to 1-1/2 years and that she was at peace with her decision to repent and accept the punishment for her misdeeds; that SJ was immensely proud of what she said in the courtroom and he intended to wait for her and start their life together when she finished her sentence. The acting was phenomenal throughout the drama with SJ being the standout.  However, the last episode belonged to HW and she carried it beautifully. I can't imagine the drama being as successful as it was had two other actors played these roles. The comments of the contributors to this forum with their recollections of dialogue from previous episodes helped me appreciate how the characters were being developed over the arc of the drama. Special thanks to seungshinl for the youtube cite to the Pogorelich-Alicia interview. That brought home the concrete reality of a lasting and strong sexual and emotional relationship between a man and woman who had more than a 20 year age gap.
class="H" 

Hermoso Drama! I loved the ending, to me it's very down to earth and not a Disney fairytale ending where the heroes live happily ever after all pink, rainbows and unicorns.
With this Noona Romance, which is the first one I watch with such a huge age difference, the writer did push a lot of buttons, and I loved that. Here's a few points I'd like to point out as the most memorable to me.
1. The fact that SJ is so down to earth telling HW, they can't break up just like that, they need to give their relationship a try, try living together as a couple (not necessarily married) and see where this experience takes them.2. The point he establishes of really not knowing how long they'll stay together, this is so down to earth, 1 year, 10 years, they don't know. He's keeping things real. Right now 20-40 age is not too bad... but what about when he's 50 and she's 70; is he willing to be her caregiver? - this is where real love is demonstrated -3. She did go to jail to pay for her crime, just like all posters that pointed the finger to her as an adulterer; she did play foul with money so she deserves to be punished for that. She always had the choice to not do what her bosses told her to do; but she did.4. Women in their 40s - midlife revision - Thanks to the appearance of this boy in her life, she was able to open her eyes and see the empty world she was living in. She was able to question herself and see where she wanted to go for her next 40 years. She decided to change paths. She is also mature enough to not get lost in childish dreams, she was willing to even let SJ go for his "own sake"; so her love for him is not selfish; it's real. And it's never too late to change paths. Life is too short.5. Re-introduction to classical music for the younger generation. In a world full of dubstep, computer generated music and catchy pop; the writer is demonstrating the "back to basics"; where did all this begin? Classical music is everlasting, it doesn't go out of fashion, and it's there for everyone to hear and FEEL. Classical music is also "cool" and "sexy". This is an open invitation.6. I really loved the scene where she goes to visit him to say goodbye, she asks for tea and mentions she wants to keep that memory with "tea". She's not pushing him to make love to her (even though I'm sure she wanted to); she's showing she's happy just with his presence and that special intimate moment of drinking tea together.7. How for HW it doesn't really matter that she's in jail, she's free of guilt and thus can sleep peacefully; she doesn't care about how she looks; she's just living the moment and this may sound ironic, but yes, she's enjoying her new freedom within that jail.
Having said all these... Plot point it wasn't resolved for me, unless I missed something:WHY THE HELL DID SHE MARRY PROF KANG??????????????? ~X( Anyway, thanks to all of your insights, you are such a great group of posters. Cheers to all! ~O)

Guest AudreyB

They just uploaded Episode 15 Recap, here: http://koalasplayground.com/2014/05/15/secret-love-affair-episode-15-recap/

Guest dualnon

stclaus said: . . .

Having said all these... Plot point it wasn't resolved for me, unless I missed something:WHY THE HELL DID SHE MARRY PROF KANG??????????????? ~X( Anyway, thanks to all of your insights, you are such a great group of posters. Cheers to all! ~O)

dualnon said: turtle1 said: alambala said: turtle1 said: seungshinl said: We wuz rubbed !!