[OFFICIAL]✩Jang Wooyoung♥Park Se Young✩[THE YY NATION]

chic-chic

BM cut sparks off panic in other dramas. Now everyone will be watching their rating even more. 

I really hope Sy's portrayal of kmj gets recognized and she gets a leading role in her next drama.

She has many Korean fans now, I read that some comments which say she has so much chemistry with Jang Hyuk even though their meetings are brief. The part he gripped her neck and his head was so close to hers- you can feel the sexual tension! 

I pray her next drama is 50 episodes so we can see her for long time but wy has to sacrifice for us. :D

Off topic- I am also watching The Good Wife on tvn- I like this drama- law and crime. The actress is the one sy mentioned as the one she wants to work with in future. She is the best actress- win many international awards.

Her acting is superb, not sure about rating but got 2 experienced handsome actors and a hot secretary Nana, an idol turned actor.

They make her wear very sexy office wear- to get viewers attention and the clothes are very beautiful 

• Like 3

It is a good thing that some international fans have put in the petition to withdraw the decision of cutting it down to 14 episodes...for the morale of all involved. But the reason due to financial cost? That would be right, but I'm sure KBS can well afford it. It's really the ratings, they are loosing the revenues (imagine how much they paid for Jang Hyuk alone per episode) and no money is coming in.The chemistry of 16 years age gap just doesn't click to the Korean public. 

I agree @Gerry58 that scene of PSY and JH was sizzling! They were like nose to nose :sweatingbullets: They can smell each other's breath!

• Like 1

@standingtallyy- yes very good show, the acting is out of this world.

Just finished episode 2- rape and sexual assault- similar to the recent celebs scandals. I really love this- she against the whole world, the poor housewife and cheating husband plus all the drama in court room. So different from those regular dramas

Seems the people are commenting that BM cut may cause the Kdramas to be 'safe' churning out what Koreans like.

That will be really sad. 

Fans are so sweet, leaving comments for the casts 

• Like 1

At first I thought...the bottom left looked like Wooyoung,then hmmmm....LOL! It's 2PM! @Gerry58 You're funny :D

@amera46 Jun K. is HOOOOT, right?

Drama forum is declaring war against KBS,hehehe! I hope they can just chill. Look, KBS have given the production team - airtime and budget. They invested because they believe in the PD. But, they forced on PSD and thought a 16 year gap between the two leads will create television history...and like she is the only actress that can do the job! Plus not the best looking one either. I am disappointed, but not really disappointed for obvious reasons. They wanted a pretty face that can act, PSY delivered but cut it way too short. I love JH's scenes with PSY & other 'doctors' but I really felt off-ish when he has scenes now with PSD.

• Like 4

@standingtallyy- Kbs already start showing ads on the new drama starring Park Bogum after BM. Looks like they won't change their mind. Maybe they think Park Bogum is popular and people will watch him. 

Jang hyuk's fans are so sweet, immediately send food truck for everyone.

Well hope they give a good ending cos will be a rush job, the staff have to work extra hard. 

• Like 2

I agree on this they shortened the drama just based on ratings.  Though I have not watched the entire episodes until today, the drama had great feedback from viewers. The staff and the actors were confident even with low ratings because viewers praised it as a well made medical drama (except for the love story).  It's also  too bad that  the discussion of reduction of episodes was only done with the higher ups and  JH, The staff and the other actors were only advised after the decision so they really felt disappointed. Sy must have felt that way too. 

KBS tactics. They try extending higher rating dramas and keeps promoting these dramas. But the low rating dramas they don't even try supporting them and cut them short. Too bad. I hope SY's drama would be either from MBC, SBS TVN or JTBC. They great in treating all dramas, I am remember Please Come Back Mister did not do well in rating against DOTS, but SBS never cut it short. 

“Beautiful Mind” Source Confirms Episode Reduction And Reveals Backstory 

KBS2 Monday-Tuesday drama “Beautiful Mind” has confirmed that it will be wrapping up earlier than originally planned. A source from “Beautiful Mind” has also shared the backstory behind the abridgment.

“After it was revealed that [the drama] is considering an episode reduction, the actors and staff of “Beautiful Mind” fell into despair. Only the higher ups within KBS and starring actor Jang Hyuk knew about the abridgment,” the source reveals.

The source continues, “The other actors and staff were not in the know and were taken aback and unhappy to be suddenly confronted with such news.  Although the viewership ratings thus far were low, it was being critically praised as a well-made medical drama, so they felt confident, but even that [confidence] dissolved once they heard that KBS was considering an episode reduction.”

“KBS wanted to end ‘Beautiful Mind’ as quickly as possible. It was to the point of them considering a reduction as steep as 16 to 12 episodes. From the beginning KBS wanted the abridgment to 12 episodes, but writer Kim Tae Hee insisted that this would affect the story too much, so it was never realized,” the source says.

“The whole time, KBS wanted ‘Beautiful Mind’ to end early, and after multiple rounds of discussion with the producers finally, they agreed on abbreviating the drama to 14 episodes from 16 episodes,” the source adds.

The source continues, “We plan on informing the actors and staff by the end of the morning today (July 22). A lot of love was poured into this drama by actors and staff, and the reviews were not bad, so it’s a shame that the drama seems to have been evaluated solely based on ratings.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/07/22/beautiful-mind-source-confirms-episode-reduction-reveals-backstory/

• Like 2

I know this won't do that much because KBS already made a decision. Let's just show support. It's a way for international fans to  let the staff and actors know we are supporting them. They worked hard for this drama. Though SY is only a support, I think she would still felt disappointed of this. This petition is already featured in some news sites so it's getting notice.

https://www.change.org/p/let-the-kdramafans-worldwide-be-heard-beautiful-mind-kbs-drama-petition-to-withdraw-shortenining-of-orig-episodes

• Like 6

I like Chan's girl version hehe. I saw SY in him hahaha. 

I really hope  JH, SY, YHM and the other cast won't be affected that much. I feel sorry for JH knowing what will happen first and not able to tell the staff and the other actors. 

As for PSD since her new drama will be showing soon she doesn't have to worry that much. I think her new drama would do great considering there are three flower boys. 

• Like 3

The new dramas, am gonna wait awhile before I start, am gonna wait till BM ends.  2 more weeks.  And hope to see some more SY. 

It is really hard to figure out what will or won't work, in terms of ratings.   And here I am thinking BM has a great premise, has the awesome Jang Hyuk and a cast of good actors, SY included, is thought-provoking, yet did not rate well.    

• Like 2

Good morning- have a nice weekend 

@hazeljrr_c922- I read all the comments from Koreans to international fans about BM. Why rating so low

Well most of the viewers were turned off by Jinsung as the bumbling, naive traffic cop who tried to arrest Dr Lee. If they had started the drama with her as an intelligent cop, then will be better. Jinsung only transferred to crime division on episode 10. If this is a 50 episodes drama, it is ok but 16 episodes, things have to move fast. They wasted so much time on her.

The 1st episode was on her, the bottle cap, the old doc who died. It doesn't help that the female lead is not pretty and in uniform all the time.

I also feel too many characters- counted at least 29 actors so everyone just a bit part- even sy as 2nd lead turn out as supporting, the great actor Ryu Seung Soo (he was the politician) appeared on 1 episode, then you don't see him.  Kmj after exposing dr Lee became just a passing figure.

Now 4 episodes left, they want to show romance of the leads- that is another mistake. Dr Lee and his cases, the father/ son relationship, the mysterious murders and the secretive research are more interesting, now they have to rush through. So even if you have a great cast but didn't make use of them, the drama lost viewers. 

Don't last 4 episodes rating to increase much. Hope sy finished this drama fast and move to another better project. 

There were harsh criticism on psd, now suddenly you see a lot of mysterious people coming forward to defend her, gushing praises on her.  I am suspicious why- guess her next drama coming out, they don't want it to be affected. I have nothing against her but feels that kmj got her scenes cut is too unfair for sy.

The only good thing coming out of BM is now all casts get noticed- sy gain new fans, one just posted on her personal forum saying she is so pretty and underrated, hope she gets a lead role soon. 

• Like 3