Shopping In Japan

eff

Guest tOasty

Clothes are little more expensive in Japan than in the States. But the prices are reasonable. There's this one mall kind of place in Shinjuku called Pepe I think. I got a lot of stuff there that was good quality and worth the price. My mom bought a cotton kimono for about $20 USD. It was awesome. :lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest bape_sta

it's okay if you know where to shop. It's nothing like HK or Korean shopping though, where it is much easier to find cheaper items. There are alot of shops that sell Japanese clothing in HK and Korea..so I just buy them there. Much cheaper anyway!

Guest JoliDansRose

Well my friend visited Japan last year and she told me that its best if you bought your clothes at the mall since they have the latest fashions and good prices too. Otherwise you pay more for what is cheaper in quality.

yep shopping in japan is expensive. Especially if you're buying clothes. If you're on a tight budget i wouldn't recommend shopping at ginza as it's Sax fifth ave of japan. Shibuya also has name brand stores, still expensive but more affordable. Harajuku is a place teens like to hang out. Pretty cheap stuff there. Just beware, shibuya and harajuku are filled with tons of teens!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest deadxcarrot

Shopping in japan is shooo expensive neeee!

but it is worth every penny ^^

the clothes are much nice than the u.s.

• 2 weeks later...

i just came back from tokyo ytd

i personally like shibuya

its not as expensive as i thought, pretty much the same as australian price

but my friend said shibuya is for teens which means price is considered cheap there for japanese :vicx:

Guest dutsukyampu
depends where you go..

harajuku is minimum of around $10, give or take a few dollars depending on what it is

shibuya is americanized so its alot of Gucci, Prada, etc. so yea, its REALLY expensive. you're better off getting most of shibuya stuff in USA

lol, obviously you've never been to shibuya.

shibuya is basically a teen hangout, and has ZERO luxury brand shops.

the 109 in shibuya has a lot of teen girl oriented clothes, and reminds me of korean dept. stores like doota or aPM cuz you can find a lot of cheap stuff in there.

there are some other nice department stores in shibuya like marui.

you can also walk to harajuku from shibuya by taking meiji dori. its a pretty short walk as well.

all the high end luxury shops are either in omotesando/aoyama(right by each other if you take omotesando road down to the 246) and the world famous ginza.

Guest purplecookie

so where exactly is the best place for shopping? O_O

ill be going there in novmeber-december for 2 weeks..

so wheres the best markets and bargins! >=]

Guest hayashi_hoshi

I think Australia clothes is damn expensive, Japan somehow is cheaper.

When you said clothes US$20 is expensive, I really wonder how much are the clothes in US

in Australia, a nice tshirt cost USD25-50 or even more... I never see a decent tshirt that cost USD10-15 here

I envy those of you in US and asia...

I'm goin to Japan early next year.. Hope can score some bargains

Guest yoishi

I heard that harajuku is a good place to start. Don't know about the prices yet. I can't wait to see too. My brother will be to japan this july..Can't wait to order some japan items from him...LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dr jung

If you want cute and cheap clothes, you should go to Harajuku's Takeshi_ta Dori. It's right there at the Takeshita dori exit of Harajuku Station.

Everything there is soooo cheap, but not crappy crappy quality either. Most of these clothes are like.. cute clothes. For shoes, you should definitely check out 'No Fall'. There are 2 stores on Takeshi_ta. As for clothes, there are some really cheap stores, like shirts for 500-1500yen, skirts and jeans for 1000-5000yen, around there.

If you want more American-styled, hip-hop-ish, sexy style, you should go to Shibuya. Shibuya 109 is the tall round building. You can find it at the Hachiko Exit of JR Shibuya Station. There is also Shibuya 109-2 nearby. If you ever read Japanese Seventeen magazine, more than half of the clothes features in the magazine are from Shibuya 109. Price depends differs from store to store, but it's definitely a bit more expensive than stuff from Takeshi_ta Dori.

And then, if you want designer clothes (don't know why you would want to buy them in Japan... maybe for exceptional customer service), you can go to department stores and big streets in Shinjuku or Omotesando of Harajuku, or Ginza.. o_O

• 3 weeks later...

my friend said harajuku is cheap but when i walked around there, i didn't even go into any of the shops there cuz they look pricey from outside :sweatingbullets:

gonna go there again this dec

anyone know any other shops with shibuya style but cheaper?

shibuya is affordable but still...!>_<

• 1 month later...
Guest KariXheechul_sungmin

Their is bargain shops around Tokyo. It's not very expensive. But 30 YEN wth a ice tea that very expensive xD But when you go to Harajuku street, expensive suff their, Even in Kobe xD

Guest JiNi;

The looong street in harajuku where i went was pretty cheap (well to me xD;;)

It's best to go on weekdays cuz on weekends.. its VERY crowded as you can see~

Go to this street~ (Sorry I don't remember what it's called, but its right across the harajuku station)

They got clothes, posters, shoes, etc etc (I wouldn't reccomend Shibuya since that place is hella expensive D:)

P1020568.jpg

Guest dr jung
If you want cute and cheap clothes, you should go to Harajuku's Takeshi_ta Dori. It's right there at the Takeshita dori exit of Harajuku Station.

Everything there is soooo cheap, but not crappy crappy quality either. Most of these clothes are like.. cute clothes. For shoes, you should definitely check out 'No Fall'. There are 2 stores on Takeshi_ta. As for clothes, there are some really cheap stores, like shirts for 500-1500yen, skirts and jeans for 1000-5000yen, around there.

If you want more American-styled, hip-hop-ish, sexy style, you should go to Shibuya. Shibuya 109 is the tall round building. You can find it at the Hachiko Exit of JR Shibuya Station. There is also Shibuya 109-2 nearby. If you ever read Japanese Seventeen magazine, more than half of the clothes features in the magazine are from Shibuya 109. Price depends differs from store to store, but it's definitely a bit more expensive than stuff from Takeshi_ta Dori.

And then, if you want designer clothes (don't know why you would want to buy them in Japan... maybe for exceptional customer service), you can go to department stores and big streets in Shinjuku or Omotesando of Harajuku, or Ginza.. o_O

The looong street in harajuku where i went was pretty cheap (well to me xD;;)

It's best to go on weekdays cuz on weekends.. its VERY crowded as you can see~

Go to this street~ (Sorry I don't remember what it's called, but its right across the harajuku station)

They got clothes, posters, shoes, etc etc (I wouldn't reccomend Shibuya since that place is hella expensive D:)

P1020568.jpg

Archived