GOT7(갓세븐) Official Thread

Guest Yoyo

[Osen Interview] 140120 GOT7 “You guys are not supposed to compare us with 2PM, haha”

A boy group that is released in 6 years after 2PM from JYP Entertainment with an average age of 20. They have differentiated themselves by presenting Martial Arts Tricking, which is known to be lot more difficult than acrobatics, which was 2PM’s primary weapon. They are the secret weapon from JYP that will compete with EXO from SM, the group that became the hottest trend last year.

GOT7, a new boy group made up of 7 members, is worthy to get high anticipation and interest with these few sentences alone. They have really made themselves memorable among the fans of their age with brilliant things to watch and outstanding looks in their debut stage that was presented last week. With a group full of masculinity that emerged in such a long time, there are already more than 10 love calls for advertisements.

“The debut song ‘Girls, Girls, Girls’ is a hip hop based song that people can listen to in a comfortable way along with the beat and the groove. It does not randomly shout in high pitch but more you listen to it, the more it repeatedly plays in the head and that is the charm of the song. At first, we did not understand very well with just the guide song that only had the voice of Park Jin Young, but after we recorded the song with our voices, I thought that this is the ‘right’ one.”

"We took lots of lessons for this song. Especially, the charm comes from an attitude that looks a little bit arrogant and I practiced a lot to give off that arrogant vibe. Just because of the word swagger, I tried it over 10 times. The current version is the song that I sang thinking ‘Eh, whatever.”(JB)

JYP is known to be professional in soul music and this song is much more unique as it is the hip hop song that JYP released. However, the members described that since they like hip hop so much in first place, they did not have hard time pulling off the song.

“The artists we each like are all different, but it is all based on hip hop. In my personal opinion, I think Park Jin Young also had our own colors in mind. During the trainee end-of-the-month evaluation, the songs we performed the most were hip hop songs. It seems like the song ‘Girls, Girls, Girls’ came out after he saw our styles.” (Jr.)

Martial Arts Tricking, the unique weapon of GOT7, is a dance that combines martial arts movements and Mark and Jackson are especially experts out of all members. All the other members are also above average except Youngjae, who joined the team at a much later time. With a question that asks whether it is harder than 2PM’s acrobatics, the eyes of the members gets big and round.

"It cannot be compared. (Laugh) It is much more difficult. We turn once while spinning and we turn few more laps in the middle of the air. It is really hard. Since 2PM members can do acrobatics movement, we also learned it together but we suggested doing Martial Arts Tricking from that. The original members practiced for about 2 years. Mark and Jackson are perfect when it comes to couple movements. I confidently guarantee that we are above average overall.” (JB)

Yugyeom have a case of breaking his ankle while learning these movements 2 years ago. Since it is the primary weapon that they learned in a tough way, the pride of the members is relatively strong.

“We know that we will not easily be successful even from the 1st album. However, our goal is to definitely show our colors. I hope to show a perfect performance someday after a steady growth. (JB)”

JB and Jr. will especially understand the fact that it is not easy to be successful. They ambitiously made debut as the duo group JJ Project 2 years ago but they realized that the pop field is not easy and returned to the status of trainees again and persevered. There were similar cases in other agencies also but the break time lasting for 2 years is not that common. 

"People asked many times. JJ Project is not coming back again? I was afraid of listening to such questions so all I did was to practice in the practice room. I tried with all my might with a mind that I will come back again after putting lots of effort.” (Jr.)

"I just focused on my school life. Whenever my friends asked such questions, I told them ‘Just do your homework’. (Laugh) I tried really hard thinking that this is the 2nd debut.” (JB)

The rest of the members joined GOT7 with different reasons and different ways. Mark was casted while he was attending school in America. Mark, who has U.S citizenship, came to Korea only with a thought of wanting to become a singer.

"I came to Korea in 2010 and it has been 3 years and 6 months now. I especially put lots of effort on Martial Arts Tricking, There are still lots of high level movements to show.” (Mark)

The youngest member Yugyeom, who is born in 1997, dreamed of becoming a singer by watching performances of BIGBANG since he was little. He was attending dance school after the video of him dancing ‘Shock’ by BEAST when he was in the 1st year of middle school got positive reactions online and he had an opportunity to audition for JYP.

Youngjae, who is from Mokpo, was going to practical music school and joined GOT7 after he passed JYP closed audition. He is a vocal who is dreaming of becoming a music therapist so he is currently learning dancing after he joined the group.

BamBam, who is from Thailand, can be said that he became the member of GOT7 because of the singer Rain. His way of speaking Korean clearly is pretty cute.

“My mom was the fan of Rain. I also became a fan after watching the concert, music video and drama. So, I started dancing and got to know JYP also. I auditioned when I heard that JYP audition will take place in Thailand and it has been three years since I came to Korea. It became lots of support as Nichkhun gave me lots of positive comments.” (BamBam)

He said that his mother even runs the Korean food restaurant as his mother likes Korean culture. Now, he gets to meet Rain in the music broadcast station, so his feeling must be new and different.

Jackson, who is from Hong Kong, became the singer even with the opposition from his parents in an athlete family. His father was a fencing player on a national team and mother was a gymnastics player on a national team and Jackson was also playing fencing.

"My parents were both in China’s national teams. My father got the gold medal in Asian Game in 1978 and my mother was the world champion in 1982. I also played fencing for 7~8 years. Then, I got the opportunity to audition for JYP while I was playing basketball at school. I passed the audition but my parents were both opposing. My dad jokingly said that he will send me to Korea once when I became the best in Asia but 4 months later, I got 2 gold medals in Asia Junior Competition. So, I was able to come to Korea in July 2011.” (Jackson)

With life as trainees that nobody knows when it is going to end, the members abroad must have found it tough. About the toughest part, Jackson chose Korea’s Hyung (Older brother)-Dongsaeng (Younger brother) culture.

"I did not understand hyung and dongsaeng kind of a thing. Why do I have to call them hyung when they are only a year older than me? However, I just got used to it eventually. (Laugh)” (Jackson) "It was tough as it was hard to communicate with people, but since there were considerable amount of Korean people who came from America, I got used to it while communicating with them.” (Mark)

"Back then, there were more friends from overseas in the practice room. I thought I was studying abroad. (Laugh) I think Korean kids would have been much lonelier. However, everyone tried hard to get used to Korea. Their Korean really improved quickly and they also eat well. Everyone likes meat and sushi. Mark likes fermented bean soup.” (Jr.)

Since the team is made up of many nationalities and everyone’s personality is cheerful, it seems like that they are the team who has lots to show even when they are not on the stage. The members also said “As men, we have to become the best and then die” and showed their determined resolutions.

"We will really try hard and be the best in both skills and popularity! As men, we have to be the best! We will be the group who grows much more from now on to the future!” (The members)

rinny@osen.co.kr | Pictures: Lee Dae Sun | Source

GOT7 wants to know if you 'Got It?' with their debut mini-album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYOCbb_EKSQ&list=PLpIM3387dghAByQFsDnsC0BNjFwTs3Nmx

The boys have definitely peaked the interest of fans with their edgy bad boy next door concept, and fans were able to see it was exactly that GOT7 have to offer through their debut MV "GIrls Girls Girls".

Now fans can check out the boys' talents through the rest of the mini album as well as the official audio to the title song, so check it out!

Cr : Allkpop

GOT7 enjoys a well-deserved break during 'Inkigayo'

got7_1390156095_af_org.jpg

One of this year's most anticipated rookie groups, GOT7, took a well-deserved break during their debut performance stage on this week's 'Inkigayo'!

Enjoying a veritable feast delivered by their fans, the idols got the energy to perform on stage. "Make sure you enjoy your meals too! Thank you♡" they posted to their Twitter earlier today. "Thank you for your support!! love it!"

Cr : allkpop

GOT7's Jackson transforms into a language coach for miss A

miss-A-Fei-got7-jackson_1390175054_af_or

GOT7's Jackson put his foreign language skills to good use for the ladies of miss A and their upcoming Hong Kong concert!

"miss A Hong Kong concert on the 25th, starting to become excited!" Fei posted to her Twitter earlier. "Introducing our Hong Kong language teacher! GOT7's Jackson!!!"

[sTARCAST] 140117 “Did we, just make a debut?”… ‘GOT7’ is stealing the attention

"Did you just see them?" (Camera man A)

"They are really flying over the stage~" (The stage director B)

"They are not even Do Min Joon…." (The writer C)

The morning of January 16th, right here is CJ E&M Center in Sangam-dong. It is literally filled with excitement. When 7 boys went up on the stage, there were voices of admiration coming out from everywhere. The ways of expression were different but the facial expressions were the same. Having their mouths half open, people could not take eyes off from the boys.

The one who stole the attention. Who would it be? It is not Do Min Joon, not an alien and not even an action actor. ‘GOT7’ who just made a debut on Mnet ‘M!countdown’ is the one. In that way, the future hopes of JYP got the attention from the associates starting from the pre-recording.  

Hold on, we will take a little bit of time to introduce ‘GOT7’. They are rookie boy group that ‘JYP Entertainment’ has released in 6 years. There are total of 7 members and 3 of them are from overseas. The team is made up of the leader JB, Mark (America), Jackson (Hong Kong), BamBam (Thailand), Yugyeom, Youngjae and Jr..

On the day of their debut, they have made it through enormous & scary (?) schedules. The pre-recording is basic and from recording the interview and even the teaser video… , they have made it through busy schedules without a moment to rest. It will be good enough to make dark circles come down below the eyes and make them exhausted.

The 7 boys, they are too naïve and happy. They have showed off their strong physical endurance that is like an ‘energizer’. They have easily made it through the interview and did the dance moves without even a single sign of exhaustion. Instead, they gave beverages to the staff members all around and even encouraged them to have energy.

The first broadcast of ‘GOT7’, how would that day have gone? ‘STARCAST’ have followed them. 

The pre-recording : It is the pre-recording site of ‘M!countdown’. Before the start of the song, they get into a discussion. Under the lead of leader JB, they had conversations over and over with serious faces. They have worked together countlessly since they were trainees, but I guess it has a different feeling when it actually gets real.

Wait, you are saying you do not know their names yet? There is no need to worry. There are kind name tags. On this day, ‘GOT7’ showed up with big name tags. It was to let their names be known and to check the movements on the stage. The faces and the name tags, can you match them?

"Hello. We are GOT7"

"Please memorize our names"

"We are ready for the stage"

"I have checked my shoes" (Jr.)

"Double-check our moves thoroughly"

Hold on right here, the highlight is coming. It is Martial Arts Tricking.

The ways to enjoy ‘GOT7’, the first point of watching is ‘Martial Arts Tricking’. It is an amazing flying. ‘Martial Arts Tricking’ is a genre that combined martial arts movements such as kicking and turning with b-boy style movements. It is GOT7’s hidden weapon.

The fantastic performance, take a look at it through pictures. 

"Fly high!" (Mark)

"This what we call the movement in space" (Jackson, Mark)

"Perfect teamwork" (Mark, Jackson)

"Back turn is so easy" (JB)

"B-boying also cannot be left out" (JB)

▶Shooting for the teaser : They also easily shoot for the teaser. It was a short time but they understood things fast and introduced it in a professional way. The mood is up, up. Who would think of them as a group who just finished the pre-recording? They are giving off uncontrollable energy.

GOT7’s foreign language skills especially shined. They tried describing in English and Chinese. Jackson, who is from Hong Kong, and Mark, who is from America, played a big role. They were no doubt the natives. They even picked out the part in the script that was not smooth.  

"I will do it, Because I know how it feels~" (Jackson, Yugyeom)

“Should we show dances also?”

"The tongue that has a butter on" (Jackson)

"This is nothing~" (Yugyeom)

▶Interview : They are rookies who just made the debut, but there were interviews rapidly coming in. The members did the interview while quickly changing places. They repeatedly introduced themselves for several times. It will be not enough even when they have 10 bodies, wait no, even when they have 10 mouths..

♪ I do not know how many times I did it already just for today. What should I do with my popularity that does not go down~

The awkwardness of a rookie? It could not be found. Instead, they were relaxed. They gave answers in a professional way and even made jokes. They even had relaxed attitudes as they even approached the writer and gave a high five when the show is still ongoing. ‘GOT7’, their ability to train is above average. 

"Blowing the candles on self-celebratory cake~"

"Camera phobia is nothing"

"Completely memorized the script in just 1 minute"

"The stealing of the name tag" (BamBam)

▶The picture that proves eating broadcast : The debut is also not as important as eating(?). To ‘GOT7’ who are still growing, food is necessary. To endure everything with energy from the food, we stopped by the waiting room. But, what is this? There are pretty lunch boxes. It is that ‘fan support’ that we have been only heard of verbally.

It seemed like ‘GOT7’ is surprised. The youngest member BamBam asked what the support is to older members. They are happy. But, it is not that easy. Since they are the rookies, they used the smallest waiting room. Not everyone could sit.  

"The lunch box that just came out"

"The flower that was just delivered"

"The gifts have filled up the waiting room~"

"We will enjoy the meal!"

One more point of watching right here, the pictures are coming.

GOT7, they started to take pictures of the lunch box. They have to say thank you to the fans who gave them the presents. Could it because they were with food, the mood got much brighter. The boys with strong appetite (?). Yes, the charm as cuties is really revealed.   

"I will eat two of them~" (Youngjae)

"I am going to swallow the whole thing" (Jr.)

"45 degree angle is right when it comes to taking pictures of myself " (Mark)

▶Make-up : There was no such thing as the curse of the mirror at the hair studio. GOT7 have defeated the mirror with perfect looks. They shined even when adding a touch to their looks only slightly. It would be good enough to make them admire their own looks, but there was no arrogance (?) in their speech.

The site was happy and cheerful. While getting the make-up, their mouths did not rest. They were even continuously greeting the staff members in gratitude. With even making a V towards the photographer, we can see their potential as well-trained idols.

"Should I build an antenna" (BamBam)

"Dear mirror, mirror~" (Jackson)

"Yay, Transformation is complete" (JB, Jackson)

▶The autograph time : Even right before going up on the live broadcast stage, ‘GOT7’ is still busy. This time, their hands are busy. Their debut album was released on this day. They were making autograph CDs to give to senior singers in the pop field. Also with a surprise letter, they wrote sentences that are like a jewel.

There is also the individuality of each member shown in the autograph. There was the star was shining at the end of the written character (Yugyeom), and there was also a cute drawing (Youngjae). Doesn’t it look like a painting once when it all came together? The autograph that deviously avoided the ‘GOT7’ logo, it really has detail. 

"Welcome~ It is first time seeing GOT7 CD, right?"

"Passionate autograph signing mode"

"Acting charming without a moment to rest" (BamBam)

In this way, GOT7 preparing for the stage is over. During the live broadcast, they presented the title song ‘Girls, Girls, Girls’. It was heard that they got the attention of the fans with perfect performance without any mistakes. What did you guys think of it as?

☞ It is too sad to end it here. Yes. We will wrap up with the bonus pictures while singing the lyrics in the song ‘Girls, Girls, Girls’.  

"Even when all I do is to just show up~" (Jackson)

"Even just by looking~" (JB)

"Even when just breathing~" (Yugyeom)

"Girls, Girls, Girls they love me"

"Even when only smiling slightly~" (Mark)

"Even when moving the body slightly~" (Yugyeom)

"Even when I don’t do anything~"(Jr.)

"Girls, Girls, Girls they love me"

"Since it was our first time, we were very nervous. But, still it was a fun stage. We will keep trying hard and show that we are getting better. Please keep showing lots of interests and support towards ‘GOT7’~!" (Leader JB)

SOURCE: Written by: Kim Hye Won (Dispatch) | Picture: Seo Yi Joon (Dispatch)

Guest jagerbomb

duh123 said: Jackson isn't making a good impression on me and it's because he's the only one who doesn't sing his lines live. It's not even that he can't because he sings live sometimes. If he was sick, I would understand. But if he can sing during some parts, why can't he sing live for all his lines? He has this smug face on too but he doesn't carry his own weight in the group yet. I'll probably retain this impression until I hear him sing live for all the future performances.
So far JR and Mark are my favorites at the moment. Is Mark going to do his flips for the entire promotional period?

jagerbomb said: It could be a microphone problem because he sings in other performances. But yea it doesn't make sense that he wouldn't sing unless he was sick and since its their debut I think JYP would be really harsh on them critically to make a good impression so I don't see how he gains anything by not singing.. I dunno.
& maybe he is suffering from the equivalent of CBF (chronic bit*h face) except chronic smug face? lol. I know what you mean though & I can see how it can come across bad but personally I think he has the most natural 'swagger' out of the group and looks badass. Then again, I prefer idols who are more manly looking like him in comparison to say bambam who is cute :)
I also think JYP composed this song, he didn't include his trademark whisper in WG's Like This too ~

GOT7 talk about receiving encouragement and support from TVXQ's Yunho

Yunho-got7_1390246728_af_org.jpg

New JYP group GOT7 talked about receiving encouragement and support from TVXQ's Yunho!

They said, "We were on standby for Mnet's 'M!  Countdown' stage when Yunho sunbae came to us . . . Yunho sunbae told us that he was watching us well and all we needed to do now was to have fun on stage.  He encouraged us, saying he would let us know if he thought of more good things to say."

The boys said, "We were grateful even when our label mate sunbaes showed us support, but we were so surprised when Yunho sunbae showed us support . . . It was really unexpected.  We were really grateful and touched."

--
Got7 MyloveKBS Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcuDXyADuf4
Cr : 1004KBS

--
GOT7's fancafe already surpass 8000+ member!!

proxy.jpg?t=HBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNv
Via: JJTheNoonas

--
[bTS] GOT7 Jacket Making Film

Cr : punchkorpor3

--

GOT7 sold 166 albums for the first day on Hanteo chart.

Embedded image permalink

cr:GOT7 baidubar

--
GOT7 talks about winner

Embedded image permalink

cr. onIyjaebum

--

JB wrote a letter at fancafe!

Embedded image permalink

[TRANS] JB message on fancafe

JB message to members

Dear, members
Members..At last, our album has came out..ㅜㅜ(overflows of emotions)
I'm really happy to finally do promotion activities with the group~~ ^^ (woa)(woa)
Just like now, we will do good in the future too!! Let's be together when we're happy or when we go through hard times~~
Even though I'm still lacking as a leader, I will work even harder in the future...Believe in me and don't tease me^^ (will strongly defend myself?)
Let's work hard and grow up together as GOT7! (Yoogyeom-ah it's okay to not grow taller^^;;)
I can't usually express myself well...But today, I'll say it. I love you, guys, bbasha!! ('bbasha' is like 'fighting')

ps. But, who will write a letter tomorrow~~~~Aren't you curious??? Who will it be?? Hahaha

CR: JandJ_Thailand
Eng trans :  0309yes

Guest adikkeluangman

@2panda : you can just compile everything in one post instead of making new post everytime. this is not tumblr btw and break the soompi rules. 
anyway, these kids give noona so much feelings. well, maybe coz i like jype artists or that the boys warm up to me fast... i notice that there will be 1 member that got the least training like not more than 1 year in every group. kim tae woo (g.o.d), changmin (2am) is like 3-4 month and now youngjae. eh i forgot who is the one in 2pm.
hopefully more people will talk more about the boys in this forum instead just posting about updates.... 

I'm pretty sure that everyone in 2PM trained for more than a year. JYP just gets lucky when they find that one particular trainee that has so much raw talent that they don't need to train as long.

Mark fancam for I Like You from their showcase.
So does anyone have trivia about the boys? I'm very curious about them. They seem to be really fun to be around.
http://instagram.com/mark_tuan
http://instagram.com/bambam1a

The known instagrams so far.

Glad to see this thread running since the boys debuted this past weekend and thank you to the contributers. Hm, I was wondering if anyone had pre-ordered their album? I pre-ordered their album from YesAsia last week and am extremely excited to see that thirty something pages booklet that's included!
Just a friendly reminder to please remember the Soompi rules, try to add at least twenty characters to your post and please do not spam. Do not post after your post within the span of 30 minutes. If you have something else to add, please just return to your previous post and make use of the edit option.