Han Chae Ah 한채아

Seultoria

TyGTTpr.jpg
Personal Information

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="title" style="margin: 0px 0px 30px; padding: 0px 0px 25px; border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(231, 231, 231); outline: 0px; font-size: 32px; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: Rockwell, Georgia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; width: 500px; position: relative;"Han Chae Ah “Jung Yong Hwa Laughs And Jokes Around, But Suddenly Changes When We Go Into Shooting”Sy6sd6z.jpg

Han Chae Ah praised the acting immersion of her part, Jung Yong Hwa.

Actress Han Chae Ah played the role of the reporter Seo Yoo Kyung in the KBS 2TV Monday-Tuesday drama that wrapped up on December 3rd, Mirae’s Choice, showing an enthusiastic performance.

In the drama, Seo Yoo Kyung contains aegyo that melts the hearts of men to go with her perfect looks and possesses great ability, and is a character that has a one-sided crush on Park Se Joo, and in order to divert Se Joo’s attention away from Mirae, who Se Joo has fallen for, Yoo Kyung aggressively pursues Se Joo.

In a recent interview with Newsen, Han Chae Ah, who lived as Seo Yoo Kyung for about three months, revealed her thoughts about finishing ‘Mirae’s Choice’ and about any episodes that occurred during filming.

61vz8ta.jpg

“During the beginning of the drama, my expectations were high as I filmed, but during the middle of filming, I just wanted to rest. However, right after the drama ended, I was missing the drama. No matter the project, when it’s about over, I’ve fallen for my character. So I was already missing this drama when the last episode aired.”

Seo Yoo Kyung is a character that has a one-sided crush on Park Se Joo, as if she had already told him face to face. Therefore, Han Chae Ah had to film a lot of scenes with Jung Yong Hwa of CN Blue and create great synergy. How was their synergy?

“While filming, about 90% of my scenes were with Jung Yong Hwa. Seeing as he has the personality where he likes to play jokes, he played a lot of jokes when he wasn’t in front of the camera. However, when we went into shooting, he changed on a dime. He returned as Park Se Joo, causing even me to focus on the shoot. His level of immersion is astounding.”

In the drama, Han Chae Ah and Jung Yong Hwa came out as two people of the same age, but in real life, there’s a seven-year age difference. There must have been a feeling of burden having to act alongside a younger actor. In order for Han Chae Ah to overcome the age gap, she revealed the truth about the baby-faced makeup she ventured with.

“I didn’t experienced any great difficulties because of the age gap between Jung Yong Hwa and I. However, I’m not the type to use a blusher, but in order to look younger, I used the blusher with a purple tint. I used purple for my lipstick and eye shadow, going with profound baby-face makeup. Honestly, Jung Yong Hwa looks older than his age. So, I didn’t cover up my face. That’s why I was able to film comfortably.”

In other news, Han Chae Ah is taking a break after the conclusion of ‘Mirae’s Choice’ and is looking for her next project.

QzPoeaj.jpg

Source

Translation: The Real CZ @ Hallyu Interview

class="title" style="margin: 0px 0px 30px; padding: 0px 0px 25px; border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(231, 231, 231); outline: 0px; font-size: 32px; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: Rockwell, Georgia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; width: 500px; position: relative;"Han Chae Ah’s Real Personality “I Can’t Even Pretend To Be Pretty, I Can’t Even Look In A Mirror In Front Of Others”mh4ovDJ.jpg

Han Chae Ah revealed her true personality.

Actress Han Chae Ah played the role of the reporter Seo Yoo Kyung in the KBS 2TV Monday-Tuesday drama that wrapped up on December 3rd, Mirae’s Choice. She contains aegyo that melts the hearts of men to go with her perfect looks and possesses great ability, and all of that came out in her enthusiastic performance.

In the drama, Seo Yoo Kyung has a one-sided crush on Park Se Joo, and in order to divert Se Joo’s attention away from Mirae, who Se Joo has fallen for, Yoo Kyung aggressively pursues Se Joo. However, how much of Han Chae Ah’s real personality resemble Seo Yoo Kyung’s personality?

In a recent interview with Newsen, Han Chae Ah stated “Since I am very different from Seo Yoo Kyung, there were times where I hated acting as her. I even thought ‘This isn’t right.’ I’m not that kind of person. Even if I do show off my aegyo, I’ll show it off to other women, not to men,” she said as she revealed her carefree personality.

She went on to add “When I laugh, I don’t even cover my face, so I laugh really loudly. My laughter is loud to the point where I have started a project to reduce the volume of my laughter. My image is prim and haughty. So whatever I do, I need to personally act more carefree. I don’t hate being carefree, but I think there are times when I need to look womanly.”

Han Chae Ah’s innocent and honest self was consistent throughout the whole interview as she endlessly revealed her true personality. How did this woman who is so plainly carefree become an actress who always has to look pretty?

“My personality is like this, so I can’t even pretend to be pretty. Especially when I was younger, I couldn’t even look in a mirror in front of others. I shrivel up when I look at myself trying to act pretty. I became an actress through an opportunity that wasn’t up to chance. I had a friend who was an aspiring actor, and they had an agency, and I was even envious of the skin treatment they were receiving.”

“At the time, I didn’t even know the concept of an actor, but I was introduced to an agency through a friend, and learning acting was really fun. Since I was born, there was nothing that I had worked hard at. I didn’t even study hard while in school, but I practiced acting really hard.”

As carefree as her personality is, Han Chae Ah’s life goals are simple. “My dream is to marry and to give birth to a son and a daughter while living well. Just like how my mother and father lived healthily and happily, I want to marry and normal and healthy man, give birth to pretty children and live happily.”

nvImHoB.jpg

Source

class="title" style="margin: 0px 0px 30px; padding: 0px 0px 25px; border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(231, 231, 231); outline: 0px; font-size: 32px; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: Rockwell, Georgia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; width: 500px; position: relative;"Han Chae Ah “Drunk Acting; I Truthfully Filmed In A Tipsy State After Drinking”91F3M9g.jpg

“I drank in front of Choi Myung Gil and ended up acting…”

In the recent KBS 2TV drama, ‘Mirae’s Choice’, Han Chae Ah perfectly assimilated into the role of a cute reporter brimming with charms. However, due to the low ratings, the enthusiastic performances of the actors didn’t gain a lot of attention. Han Chae Ah didn’t get frustrated during the middle of the drama, but through her [seo Yoo Kyung] own method, guided Mirae’s hope, and showed off her success by having a talk show named after her, drawing attention to herself. In some cases, some are praising Han Chae Ah by saying that this is ‘Han Chae Ah’s Re-Entrance Into The Spotlight’.

Han Chae Ah chopped off her hair after ‘Mirae’s Choice’ finished airing. Han Chae Ah, who changed to short hair after a long time said “All of the emotions in my life are tied to my long hair. I wanted a drastic change, so I cut it short. It wasn’t a change in my mind. Though my mind is strange, it is refreshing. I have no regrets.”

Han Chae Ah explained that “Though it is disappointing that the ratings were low, the atmosphere was really good. Though it is natural for actors or staff members to feel the pressure, everyone was cool about it and focused on working hard at the filming site. Jung Yong Hwa, who acted opposite of me, has a really nice personality, so we were really in sync. Though he acts rashly and plays jokes, when it’s time to film, he suddenly transforms, and it’s nice to see him focus like that. He’s a junior that I’m very comfortable with.”

Han Chae Ah also relayed some episodes she had with Choi Myung Gil, who played the older Mirae. Han Chae Ah confessed that “It was really difficult because I had scenes where I had to act drunk. The viewers who watch the drama would definitely be able to see whether I’m really drunk or just acting drunk, and that was very burdensome. So I actually drank some alcohol and filmed the scene.”

She confessed “I drank a glass of wine and two cans of beer and started filming, but I was gradually becoming sober. So I put some alcohol in a glass and gulped it down, waiting while on standby. While waiting, I told Choi Myung Gil the truth that I drank alcohol, and she ended up laughing. Thankfully she complimented me after watching my acting. After that, it seemed like she took better care of me, and I’m thankful for that.”

Han Chae Ah said “This was the first time that I drank during the middle of filming.” Han Chae Ah, who normally takes great care of herself, quits drinking the moment she starts a new project. Han Chae Ah confessed “When I drink, my body naturally becomes tired, and through that alcohol, I feel like that messes up my acting. I have thoughts of not having my thoughts scattered, so I avoided alcohol during filming.”

Han Chae Ah is currently looking for her upcoming project. She’s leaving her options open and is thinking of which project to choose.

N07C0a0.jpg

Source

• 3 weeks later...

Han Chae-ah in talks for movie Made in Chinaby javabeans | January 10, 2014 | 13 CommentsKmKSzK5.jpg

Han Chae-ah has had a steady string of work since really breaking out with Gaksital in 2012, and now she’s looking to add film credits to her growing string of drama titles. (She’s done a number of dramas—Oohlala Spouses, All About My Romance, Mi-rae’s Choice—but only has one film credit to her name, 2012′s Mr. Xxx-Kisser, also known as King of Flattery.)

She’s currently in talks for a film titled Made in China, which is a project from Kim Ki-duk Films but not directed by Kim Ki-duk himself (…phew? I confess to not being a fan of his brand of in-your-face envelope-pushing). Instead, it’ll be Kim Dong-hoo behind the camera, who has directed a few shorts and produced the 2012 movie Red Family. The production company has put out films like Poongsan and Rough Play, though Made in China seems less action- and suspense-filled than those works as an introspective human drama.

The story is about, of all things, Chinese eels. That is literally all we have to go on, so it’s hard to tell whether this is something to get excited about or not. For Han Chae-ah’s sake I hope it’s a worthwhile project, because she has been putting in a lot of time building relatable characters and improving her craft, even when the dramas she has taken on haven’t been big hits. I thought she was great as Lala/Rie/Hong-joo in Gaksital (aided largely by strong writing), but it wasn’t until I saw her playing a string of second leads in other dramas that I realized how much appeal she can have even when playing traditionally unlikable types (like her bubbly aegyo self-defense mechanism in Mi-rae’s Choice or her interesting combo of frailty and strength as Oohlala Spouses’ Other Woman). Hopefully good things are in her future.

Via Star News

Dramabeans article link here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, Han Chae Ah's thread!  I didn't know this thread existed.
Anyway, this wasn't posted here yet, so I guess I might as well.  Park Ki Woong (her co-star in Made In China) was on a show last Friday, and they showed a short clip of the movie.  Here are a few screencaps:
madeinchina3-28-14-500b_zps1782c757.jpg~
Looking forward to the movie. :)  Love her, and love this on-screen Gaksital reunion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Me too! I hope she continues to get leading roles. Truth be told, I discovered her in MHIYD (and I'll admit I was drawn in because of Yonghwa lol) but I just fell in love with both her and Yookyung. I was really pressed at how underused she was, especially when her character (in my opinion) the one with the best storyline and character development.I watched a few snippets from Ooh La La Couple and Bridal Mask but I picked up Hero recently and she's such a bamf! She's way too talented to remain a second lead. I hope this opens the door for more leading roles for her :)I'm really looking forward to both Made in China and especially Hantang ^^

• 2 weeks later...

RoxyBeeH said: Me too! I hope she continues to get leading roles. Truth be told, I discovered her in MHIYD (and I'll admit I was drawn in because of Yonghwa lol) but I just fell in love with both her and Yookyung. I was really pressed at how underused she was, especially when her character (in my opinion) the one with the best storyline and character development.I watched a few snippets from Ooh La La Couple and Bridal Mask but I picked up Hero recently and she's such a bamf! She's way too talented to remain a second lead. I hope this opens the door for more leading roles for her :)I'm really looking forward to both Made in China and especially Hantang ^^

Archived