[Movie 2014] The Royal Tailor / Sanguiwon 상의원

StaRix

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[News] Park Shin Hye returns to big screen with "The Royal Tailors"~

imagejpg1_zps9e1ad663.jpg

On 4th, in the 1st trailer released,Park ...released,Park Shin Hye's glamorous dressing, yet full of sadness Queen's image, attracts the attention of the public. At the same time, the display of breathing together with Yoo Yeon Seok & Ko Soo raised attention. Park Shin Hye expressed:" It's the 1st time challenging a historical plot. Able to work together with the reputable seniors, and very good acting colleagues is very blissful"

Wintercherub

My Note: I already love the trailer.........the magnificence , the opulence, the grandeur of that bygone Joseon era, the royal courts and it's intrigue, the beautiful dresses and the graceful and elegant queen and the entourage of court ladies.........sigh! Nothing can beat that for watching for the CinemaScope effect specially on the big screen!

just loving all of it........ 8->

itemprop="name" style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 20.3999996185303px; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; text-rendering: optimizelegibility;"Yoo Yeon Suk and Park Shin Hye are king and queen in new poster for Sang Eui Won
Sang_Eui_Won.png

The poster for the upcoming historical film Sang Eui Won has been released. On the poster, we see Han Suk KyuGoo Soo, Park Shin Hye, and Yoo Yeon Suk in character.

"Sang Eui Won" is the name of the government office that was in charge of commodities and clothes for the palace. In the movie, Han Suk Kyu will play Cho Dol Seok, a veteran tailor in charge of the king's bedchamber. Go Soo will play Gong Jin, a carefree and talented designer. Cho Dol Seok feels threatened by this younger rival when a new king begins his rule. Yoo Yeon Suk will play the king, and Park Shin Hye will play his queen, who often feels isolated and alone. 

What do you think of the poster and premise? I don't know if I could handle seeing Yoo Yeon Suk shunning poor, sad, Park Shin Hye, but the cast is fantastic. Sang Eui Won comes out in December, but if you want more Park Shin Hye earlier, you can watch her upcoming series Pinocchio, which premieres next week on November 12! Sign up for new episode alerts HERE.
cr: Dramafever

Guest LadyAra

class="entry-title"Sageuk K-movie The Tailors Releases Colorful Posters and First Intense Trailer

geggds.jpg

The first major promotional push has started for the upcoming sageuk movie The Tailors (Sanguiwon). Starring Han Seok Kyu, Go Soo, Yoo Yeon Seok, and Park Shin Hye, the production released four beautifully rendered colorful individual posters for the cast along with the first video trailer. Everything looks good but nothing takes that extra step and captivates my interest beyond the aesthetically pleasing.

I decided to use as the post-topping picture the one cast member out of the four leads who hit it the hardest in the trailer and that’s hands down Yoo Yeon Seok. It’s pretty ironic given that I just wrote of my indifference and limited exposure to him in the Blood casting post. He plays the Josen King and likely not a very nice one at that with the captivating controlled glower shown. Park Shin Hye plays his wife the Queen but the central plot driver is the competition between Han Seok Kyu and Go Soo as royal tailors with different aesthetic styles and political underpinnings. [koala]

Guest jennbee

According to the news, 'The Tailors'  tops up (#1) the two major Korea main portal sites (NAVER & DAUM) real-time search ranking, as soon as, the 1st official trailer and four official character posters released on Nov 4th! tumblr_inline_nek46kviZY1se13jk.jpg
SOURCEcr: PSHStarlight
:-bd :-bd :-bd

Movie 'Tailors' release teaser footage + character posters
Park Shin Hye, Yoo Yun Suk, Go Soo, and Han Suk Gyu are seen wearing traditional hanboks in the character posters for the upcoming movie, 'Tailors.'
In the movie, Han Suk Gyu and Go Soo transform into popular tailors who compete in creating the most beautiful hanboks for the king and queen. 
In the teaser, Go Soo is introduced as a genius designer who is brought into the palace for his sensational hanbok designs and is appointed to design the most beautiful hanboks for the King (Yoo Yun Suk) and Queen (Park Shin Hye).
The four actors are expected to show a totally new charm that they have never displayed before to the public. 
That's not all as the movie also released a trailer. The passionate glare that both Go Soo and Han Suk Gyu show in the trailer heightens the anticipation for the movie. 
The trailer also hints at a potential romantic love line between Go Soo and Park Shin Hye as Go Soo whispers in her ear, "I will make you one of the most beautiful women on earth."
The movie, 'Tailors,' is set to premiere in December. 
allkpop

Fashion and intrigue propel period melodrama Tailors

I would expect no less from a movie that’s all about royal clothing and the people who make it, but these posters for Tailor sure are beautiful. We’ve also got our first trailer, which is equally beautiful, and also highlights for us the story’s mix of tension, intrigue, romance, and thrills.

Tailor is about two royal tailors in particular, played by Han Seok-kyu and Go Soo, with the former playing the established one and Go Soo as the talented star on the rise. It’s a little jarring to see Han Seok-kyu attending on the king (Yoo Yeon-seok) instead ofbeing him, since he’s doing such a marvelous job being a volatile and imperious monarch in Secret Door, but I don’t doubt he’ll do just as well depicting the servant side of the relationship.

The trailer begins as Han Seok-kyu explains their duties with gravity, how royal garments are items that carry meaning and ceremony. Go Soo character is the trend-making designer on the forefront of fashion who is called to the palace to make the queen’s (Park Shin-hye) clothing. It turns out she’s a sad-eyed and lonely woman, who notes that she has all these beautiful clothes and no place to wear them. Someone muses ominously, “Who knows who will be the new queen in the future?”

Then there’s the king “who dreams of a perfect love,” which I’m assuming isn’t meant to be a wistfully romantic notion given how dark and sly Yoo Yeon-seok looks here. Go Soo fits the queen for her garments and promises, “I will make you into the most beautiful woman in the world.” No question there’s some sizzling repressed attraction between them, and Han Seok-kyu asks, “Do you not know that there are some things that cannot be?”

This is an interesting next step for director Lee Won-seok, who debuted to acclaim for the zippy rom-com How To Use a Man (starring Lee Shi-young and Oh Jung-se); that was a modern romance that was heavily stylized in a very entertaining way, while Tailor seems much more serious and suspenseful. But just as well-shot and easy on the eyes, it appears. I’ll be keeping my eye out for this one, certainly.

Tailor will release in December.

dramabeans

Archived