[Drama 2014] Cunning Single Lady 앙큼한 돌싱녀

SongMira

hello, new here! I cannot wait to see this drama  :Di still remember seeing Joo Sang Wook in giant and he is so good looking.i'm still new to Lee Min Jeong but I'm looking forward to her performance in this drama :)

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"CUNNING SINGLE LADY" JOO SANG WOOK IS GEEKED OUT4.jpg

Accepting the role as the male lead in Cunning Single Lady means a temporary nerdification, and Joo Sang Wook seems to gobble up the character—mop hair, thick-rimmed glasses and all—as he flashes a V sign in the latest stills.

I’m kind of hoping he’ll keep the look throughout the series. 

5_zps00e5fe5f.jpg~original

http://couch-kimchi.com/2014/02/05/cunning-single-lady-joo-sang-wook-is-geeked-out/

Divorce K-Drama Style Can Play It For Laughs Or For Tears
emergency-couple.png?w=600

Whether they play it for laughs or tears, three of this year's dramas explore the subject of divorce. And the year is yet young.

In one current and one upcoming drama, the writers use divorce as a premise for a comedy plot, making the characters fall in and then out and then maybe back in love again. But another currently running drama sheds plenty of tears while it seriously examines the ill effects of two marriages at a turning point.

The fast-paced comedy "Emergency Couple" treats divorce as a temporary break-up that can be played for laughs. The comedy features a couple that both married and divorced in a hurry. The exes wind up working together only to discover that they don't actually hate each other as much as they thought they did. In the emergency room war of words between interns Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ji Hyo, viewers can see that their short-lived marriage never really had a fair chance at success.

By offering the possibility of a sweet reunion, the comedy makes divorce seem like something that can be mended with the balm of a few laughs.

The drama "One Warm Word" offers more tears than laughs. An affair in the heartbreaking drama, starring Han Hye Jin, Ji Jin Hee, Kim Ji Su and Lee Sang Woo, threatens to not only destroy two marriages but the first real chance at love for another innocent couple. The drama visits every shade of misery that divorce might inflict on those involved. It's sensitive and sobering, while not making a villain out of anyone even the characters that had the affair.

If you prefer a more lighthearted look at the subject of divorce, wait for the upcoming comedy "Cunning Single Lady," which follows "Miss Korea." Lee Min Jung and Joo Sang Wook play a divorced couple that fate throws back together. Joo Sang Wook becomes a successful businessman and his ex decides that she wants to win him back. She does everything in her power to seduce him. But he bears a grudge left over from the divorce and can only think about how to get even with her.

It's a nice fantasy that divorced couples can get a do-over but the rate of real life divorced couples reuniting must be pretty low.

The rate of divorce in Korea is still low compared to many other industrialized countries but it has risen notably in the last decade. According to Statistics Korea, the number of divorced householders was 1.26 million in 2011, a 40.2 percent increase from five years before.

So whether the effects of divorce are played for k-drama laughs or tears, the subject may become a more popular one.

Source

Rewatching bits of AAMR

to cheer myself up after the ending of

PMAI

has really got me fired up for this Drama. Very much looking forward to seeing LMJ light up the screen again, hopefully no stupid melo ending for THIS Drama!

Your post technically spoiled the ending of the Prime Minister and I for me. Although you didn't state specifically what happens, but now I will be expecting a melodramatic ending... Please refrain posting spoilers from other dramas in a different thread. If my comment came across as a bit harsh, I apologize and tried to not sound mean. But I'm trying to ensure that other people and I won't get spoiled. Thank you.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this drama. I really loved Lee Min Jung's performance in All About My Romance and Joi Sang Wook in Good Doctor and Thorn Birds.

syg9.jpg

I believe "Cunning Single Lady" will be a different rom-com...We don't want to put out any spoilers for this drama since MBC kept us on our edges...This drama will cover a palate of emotions but I hope the ending will be a romantic one!

@the girl who! - LMJ is so cute and at the same time she is really giving us how her character as Na Ae Ra will be in the drama!  DAEBAK!

P.S.  The HD pix from TOPSTARNEWS will be MAX OVERLOAD! It should be available soon...

class="at_ttl"Joo Sang Wook & Lee Min Jung Go On A River Date In New Drama

By Staff Writer | Feb 04, 2014 09:50 AM EST

Joo Sang Wook & Lee Min Jung Go On A River Date In New Drama

Excerpt:

Actor Joo Sang Wook said in an interview regarding the first filming day for the new MBC Wednesday Thursday drama "Cunning Single Lady," "The first day is going very well, it is a lot of fun, and I think the drama will be a lot of fun too. Please look forward to the new MBC Wednesday Thursday drama 'Cunning Single Lady.'"

LINK

msmall said:

Rewatching bits of AAMR

to cheer myself up after the ending of

PMAI

has really got me fired up for this Drama. Very much looking forward to seeing LMJ light up the screen again, hopefully no stupid melo ending for THIS Drama!

Your post technically spoiled the ending of the Prime Minister and I for me. Although you didn't state specifically what happens, but now I will be expecting a melodramatic ending... Please refrain posting spoilers from other dramas in a different thread. If my comment came across as a bit harsh, I apologize and tried to not sound mean. But I'm trying to ensure that other people and I won't get spoiled. Thank you.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this drama. I really loved Lee Min Jung's performance in All About My Romance and Joi Sang Wook in Good Doctor and Thorn Birds.

You have no need to apologise, you were right to mention it.  I should have worded that differently. It was a mistake, and I apologise. 

I'm glad you did not get offended. At least it was an honest mistake. Thank you for understanding. :)

Loving the new stills! Thank you h2og!

@msmall - We should see more stills from MBC...
This is my personal FunCap.l33.gif

Cr: MBC Best Theater Short Drama circa 2006 for Jung Woo's intention to ask Ae Ra to marry him....

cutieangel25 said: hope LMJ's character will fall back in love with him and have some sort of feelings for him when she find out her ex-husband is rich and don't use him for his money. I am going to feel sorry for JSW's character if she try to win him back for his money.

Archived