[Drama 2014] Cunning Single Lady 앙큼한 돌싱녀

SongMira

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@uglypearl - Thanks for another round of report cards about these 3 outstanding office personnel in D&T.  I agree with your insight that these characters got some shadiness... They are the gossip mongers and spend most of their time talking and watching others.  
P.S. It's one of these 3 that is going to spread rumors about NAR... I wonder how CEO Cha is going to protect NAR when it happens.  One of the reasons why he wants to expel her right away!
He protected her from Security using the car wash as an excuse. It's good that Min Young has that sage mind!

The way I see CJW is still a lot of me me me. Well, I supposed both of them are like that. The thing that bothers me most of CJW is that he has a bad way of showing his wife, now ex wife that he loved her. He pushed his own way of love onto her, but in fact, she feels most loved in other ways. And now, he doesn't even acknowledge it. So I thought to myself, he can take all his loyalty, betrayal pain and shove it. Not once, did he think about how much she was suffering and how much pain she went through for him? No appreciation huh? I think it hits a sore spot for me because I see some realism in there... Sad enough to say. Marriage is a two way street, at least speak to her about it and come up with a plan to pay all the necessity bills like gas and rent.

Also, I had been known to like cold, rude, rich male leads but I felt like they were consistent, rude and cold to everyone. But here, CJW is bent on making his ex wife miserable. He is purposefully mean and harsh to her and her only. Both cases it's bad, but somehow I can't bring myself to like him yet. However, I do think he has some residual love for her and it seems like she still occupies a big space in his heart. He made everything in that house to way that she wanted (in the cases where she mentioned it to him). He is misdirecting all that was love into this harsh, lashing out and blaming towards her. That part makes me sad. I think this couple would have been great together even on the first go around if they had the right tools to help them. I know this is a rom com so not to take it too seriously. But I think I keep coming back to it because it hits home.

Divorce rate is high nowadays and this marriage breakup doesn't even involve cheating. I honestly think that these two still love each other. I know she may have not married him out of "love" but she definitely loved him in her own way. Now if we can get them to love each other in the way that the other half feels loved, then we'd be golden. :) if there is anything I learned in marriage, it's that it takes a lot of hard hard work, there is no shame in getting the right "tools" to help (how to understand each other better etc), and all the investments made to each other and the marriage is completely worth it and we reap the benefits in happiness. The world is harsh enough to live in nowadays, we don't want that spilling over and ruining our homes.

To me, the house just further proved to me that he still loves her deep down. He feels justified in lashing out at her and showing her the house to throw all that pain back at her. But I don't think there is any way that he could actually live in that house without thinking about her. Aside from being so busy at work that he lives there, I also don't think he could live in the house without her either. So if he did marry someone else, there is no way they would live there. It seems like he has kept this house a secret in a way. Sometimes it seems like he escapes to it - and he does still exhibit some fond memories of it even if he touted it as his dream not their dream house. He's not fooling anyone. Whose dream house is the one that his ex wife made all the specifications - the big window, the potted plants, the fireplace to offset the big windows? It didn't seem to me that prior to running into NAR again that he was planning on actually seeking her out for revenge. Part of me think he did it to show himself that he did it - he made their dream come true except ... He is missing two big pieces, and most important, from the model (NAR and the kid). I am not going to belittle his pain entirely because to reconcile is for him to air out his pain and get past it. NAR has a lot to shoulder there too.

Anyhow, I can rant on and on about her too, but at another time. The writing is sloppy but JSW and LMJ are what keep me coming back to this drama. I want them to truly reconcile and I really do think that they can help each other become better inviduals. Both of them change their behavior when around each other. So like it or not, both very much affect each other in ways that others can't or don't. Fighting!!! No matter what direction they go with this story, I hope a true reconciliation is part of it. CJW - I really want to like you!!

Edited - got my clarification.

Oh, I really hope that they do reconcile. Only because if there is one drama cliche that I love, it's the one where the female lead all the sudden gets respect when people find out that the CEO still loves her. It's totally ridiculous as they should respect her anyways, but I love it nonetheless. That and petty jealousy as things that I love seeing onscreen but I loathe in real life.

March 8, 2014
Five Fun Facts About Lee Min Jung
BY Joan MacDonald | KDramaStars.com
lee-min-jung.png?w=600
Last year Lee Min Jung appeared in the political comedy "All About My Romance." She followed that starring role by marrying fellow actor Lee Byung Hun in a star-studded wedding. Now the happily married actress is sharing the spotlight with Joo Sang Wook in "Cunning Single Lady."

How much do you know about this charmingly funny actress? Here are a few facts.
1. Actress Kim Tae Hee called her the most beautiful bride she has ever seen.
"Lee Min Jung was the most beautiful of all the brides I've seen so far," said Kim Tae Hee, who was a guest at her wedding. She was one of 900 guests invited to that celebrity wedding.
No one could deny Lee Min Jung looked superstar beautiful in each of her three wedding dresses. For the ceremony she wore one of Hollywood's favorite designers Marchesa. Her dress cost about $50,000 but it was stunning.
2. She has had her share of attractive leading men. She worried about acting with Gong Yoo in the comedy "Big," but he surprised her with his easygoing nature.
 "I worried that it would be hard to communicate with Gong Yoo, but he is actually very gentle," she said.
It's a good thing they got along because they once had to film for three days straight. In that comedy, she played his fiancée and he played two parts. He was the doctor she was engaged to and then he played the doctor when his body was inhabited by the personality of an 18-year-old.
3. Lee Min Jung is a big fan of Big Bang's T.O.P. He attended her wedding. They met at the Blue Dragon Awards, were they both won Best Rookie awards for acting. He said that he was a fan of her performance in the drama "Midas" and she said she was fond of the album he collaborated on with G-Dragon.
4. She got into acting relatively late.
"I went to school, graduated and got a job as an actor, just like other people would find employment at a company or such," she said.
She started in theatre then played minor roles in a few films. The drama role that finally got her noticed was playing Lee Min Ho's girl (while he had amnesia) in "Boys over Flowers."
5. She has a sense of humor. Husband Lee Byung Hun says she is the only person who can make him smile, although some directors and photographers also seem to have convinced him. He has also praised her for her thoughtfulness.
She demonstrates her sense of humor in her new drama "Cunning Single Lady" and the next episodes promise even funnier scenes as her character tries to win back her ex-husband.

March 8, 2014
[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Sly and Single Again" Episode 2
Source: Hancinema.net
photo411933.jpg
"Sly and Single Again" is still in the setup stages, but it has a wonderful levity to it that enhances humor without detracting from the heavier issues. Characters are introduced and fleshed out while Ae-ra and Jung-woo are in the sometimes amusing and sometimes heart breaking process of being forced back together.

Both Ae-ra and Jung-woo have valid reasons to be angry and bitter over their marriage (which were revealed this episode,) but neither half of the broken couple truly understands the pain of the other. That's where the antics, fun, pain and reconciliation will come into play. They married quickly and now they are coming back to the table with knowledge of each other's shortcomings. It's time to get to know each other on a different path than they took to marriage.
Helping them get back together are several extenuating circumstances like Ae-ra's brother's debt (a necessary evil that I could do without) and Jung-woo's secretary, Gil Yo-han played by L. Secretary Gil keeps Jung-woo in check and is Jung-woo's hilariously arrogant conscience. A handy sidekick is a valuable romcom tool and L milks his role for all it's worth. Combined with Joo Sang-wook's charisma, we have a dynamic pairing that add to the wonderful tone of the show.
Ae-ra has her own sidekick, childhood friend Kang Min-young (Hwang Bo-ra), who never lets Ae-ra's illogical thinking slide. It is good to have two good voices of reason in Secretary Gil and Min-young when the main couple is a pair of irrational, wounded fools. The pairings are smart, fun and serve to develop characters and plot line without being frivolous.
The romantic quartet (of two main leads and two second leads) was rounded out with the return of Yeo-jin's brother, Gook Seung-hyun (Seo Kang-joon), who didn't have much to do yet except be the trouble-making prodigal son. While his role is typical of a romcom wayward chaebol son, his close relationship with his sister, Yeo-jin, is refreshing. His return also prompted a small reveal of her story, which is frankly more interesting on paper than it is on screen.
The background music was one of my favorite mood setters this episode. It borrows from the old-school cartoon orchestrations and uses a lot of brass to enhance the humor Ae-ra's and Jung-woo's antics.
Besides the humor of the episode, the show is wonderful at establishing serious issues behind the behaviors of each character. Ae-ra really has a fear of poverty because of the stress her family put her through. Her abandonment has scared Jung-woo to this day and made him wary of trusting anyone. Both are reasonable fears that I'm hoping are addressed well because they give the show depth. But for now, they fuel the main couples' revenge against each other.
Onward, "Sly and Single Again", I'm very much enjoying you.
Written by Raine from Raine's DichotomyFollow on Twitter @raine0211
"Sly and Single Again" is directed by Ko Dong-seon , written by Lee Ha-na-I and features Lee Min-jeong and Joo Sang-wook

March 8, 2014
Behind cuts of Joo Sang Wook & Lee Min Jung from 'Cunning Single Lady' shootings unleashed
Source: STARN News 20140309092420_531bb4b48acd0_1.jpg
Behind cuts from shooting scenes of 'Cunning Single Lady' were unleashed.

On March 9th, the production agency of MBC 'Cunning Single Lady' released behind cuts of the main actors from recent shooting scenes.
The photos show Joo Sang Wook thoroughly reading through his lines with a great focus.
Joo Sang Wook and Lee Min Jung, who have same scenes very often, are showing a perfect teamwork during every shootings, and their great looks are drawing many people's attention.
The photos also show Kim Gyu Ri having a discussion with production director Go Dong Sun while reading through her lines, and Seo Gang Jun studying through his scripts, as if preparing for an exam.
In addition, it is said that Hwang Bora and El are also giving deep impressions to all of the staffs by showing amazing focus during every shootings.
A representative of the production agency said, "Joo Sang Wook, Lee Min Jung, Kim Gyu Ri, Seo Gang Jun, Hwang Bora, and El are showing perfect team work. All of the actors are participating with huge enthusiasm, so please show a lot of supports for them."
Meanwhile, 'Cunning Single Lady' airs on every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 PM.
/Reporting by Jeong Ju-Ri en@starnnews.com

h2og said: I believe the only person who knows and understands both NAR & CJW well is Min Young...

@sicknine - Besides Secretary L, I think we need to have MY's line in our collection. Maybe, from their dialogues, we will understand the characters and traits of our main leads...

@uglypearl - Cutie Gil is the one who really knows what CJW went through after the divorce... On the other hand, Min Young is the one who knew their chapter before the divorce...
I like how Cutie Gil went frantic in this scene!  He is a loyal friend to CJW while Min Young is one who has no bias in her opinion.  I will listen to these two characters if I want to know the entire truth.
Cr: @andra30 / JSW Thread

imageimage

For TEN followers,  there is always some parody whenever you watch JSW on his other dramas... 

imageimage
imageimage

There is something revealing in this scene.  When the planner said a bottle of Cheval Blanc cost more than one thousand dollars a bottle... NAR showed how she reacted to money for the first time in this drama.
Cr: @andra30 for the gifs
P.S. The story about the white horse or Cheval Blanc is a fascinating one...

Chateau-Cheval-Blanc.jpg
cheval%20blanc,%20loups%20164899.jpg

Archived