[MANGA/ANIME] Kamisama Kiss (Kamisama Hajimemashita)

13infamyss

Anyone reading this? xDD

tomoeandnannia.jpg

Plot:

The story is about Nanami who suddenly becomes homeless when her father ran away due to debts, and she was asked to leave their house because they couldn't pay for it. As she is contemplating what to do with her life, she happens to rescue a man from the dogs (he has dog phobia). Naname tells him her problems, and so this man says that she could live in his house instead since he hasn't been home in a while. She then goes to the place the man tells him to and is shocked to actually find out that his house is a shrine. It's not just any ordinary shrine; she meets two 'spirit-shrines' and a 'familiar' who have been waiting for their master to come home for 20 years now. It turns out the man she met was actually a land god protecting the shrine, and the task has been passed on to her, and now she has become the land god!

Now that's when things get interesting since Nanami and this familiar (a term who looks after a god), Tomoe, started off on the wrong foot, but this and that happened, and now Tomoe is genuinely looking after Nanami and her safety, and possibly falling in love with her too! :)

Volumes: 17 (Ongoing) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=24388

Published by: Viz

Anime Episodes: 13 + 2 OVAs

Comments:

I just started reading it (Vol 3), and it's really cute. It reminds me of InuYasha-Furuba; Tomoe has a long silver hair in his true form, with fox ears (Inuyasha!), and at the same time he reminds me of Furuba's Yuki with his short hair. And Just like how I felt about InuYasha & Furuba, I'm not emotionally invested into Kamisama Kiss....YET! But there's something about Nanami and Tomoe that I just can't stop reading. 

In any case I'm thinking of getting a physical copy of this series since it's just uberly cute! Besides who can resist a fox that can cook! xDD I just hope it doesn't go down the hill in the later chapters.

So what do you guys think about this manga? 

kamisama_hajimemashita_wallpaper_4-HD.jp

601166.jpg

kamisama-hajimemashita-full-1291873.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kujaichi

I totally love it!

I'm actually a member of the group which is scanlating it right now xD

If you're just at volume 3 right now... Trust me, it gets better and better! :3

I absolutely loved the arc that just ended.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest chibiottoman

Today I finished the episodes of it. Now I'm gonna start with reading it. It's a really nice one!

^LOL yea I don't think this series is ending too soon. It's so popular. Though I don't see why they can't start on live action while manga is still ongoing? They've done a lot of live action films/drama before that were still ongoing (eg NANA, Kimi Ni Todoke). So maybe your wish isn't that too far fetched ^^

• 2 weeks later...

I love it. I can't even count how many times I re-read this. I actually think the characters and story line is better developed compared to InuYasha. 
@13infamyss. I agree! I think would be pretty amazing love action and if they do it, I  hope they will need to find a very charismatic actor to play Tomoe.
Or, they can keep releasing more anime now that there are plenty of materials to continue with. 

^Do tell! I love spoilers, so feel free to share them xDD (just please remember to put them in spoiler tags in case other people wish not to see them, thanks!)It's nice to hear there's improvement in their relationship! xDD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Kamisama Kiss is gettin' an encore here on Anime Network. It's just as fun watchin' it as it was the first time  ;;) Love watchin' Tomoe & Nanami together! Tomoe may act he's nonchalant over Nanami but the moment her life's in danger, he's the first to rescue her, so cute when he gets jealous  :P

Archived