Yoo Yeon Seok 유연석 (Upcoming Drama 2021 : Hospital Playlist S2)

kokodus

@ftbluepm @lunagal @tiffanyndo  Thanks for the translation. I forgot to say thank you before even after making reference to it Oops, sorry :(

@honey_bear  -yup, pretty much agree on everything. You were more eloquent than I am. Thank you for writing that up.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kdramafanfan

@honey_bear I completely agree with all your points, however, sadly, I do not believe they will ever be answered. I believe the answer lies somewhere in the spectrum of CB being original endgame to the PD team needing an out if the popularity of a NJ/T pairing failed to materialize. Regardless of what the answer is they had to created a plausible scenario within the narrative in which CB could possibly be the husband. The inconsistent characterization of CB is suspect but...what can we really do with that? We can only conjecture. /:)

We may be thrown a bone during the special episodes but......I wouldn't trust that. In the end, like CB, we lost despite all our effort lol.

On YYS: Will he actually have time to film a drama if he's doing three movies in a year? I hope so. Unfortunately, I think I would watch a drama he is in again even if he was the second lead. I don't know what's come over me lol. Thanks for all your great effort guys at getting together info about YYS ;)

Guest jrfam78

http://m.blog.naver.com/fpahs6608/120204654314

http://m.blog.naver.com/moondlsdo/100202566090

I got this site from Never it has a nice compilation of YYS. I am not sure how can post the pics on the thread. Thanks

I took this from @sheranandran to lighten up the mood. There are tons for perks to being ROK guys. He can make all the jabs he wants and no one can say anything. It's a pretty sweet deal and life. I am not making this up either just following the drama's logic. 
RICH OWNER KIM SEON JOON 
-  Perks of being Rich Owner Kim: 

Tired? Need a quick place to sleep in? You don't even need to ask permission from the tenants if you want to sleep in the master bedroom. And they wouldn't even protest because you can kick them out if they do. You can get the coffee of your tenants without permission and they wouldn't even protest because you can kick them out; (Episode 6)You can diss the looks of your tenant (who by the way is your senior) when his wife tries to praise him  and they wouldn't even protest because you can kick them out if they do; (Episode 9)You can coerce Mrs. Kim to open up the 20-year old bottle of ginseng soju her dad prepared for himself in case his team wins again. This is a prized possession of the house mind you and while the others are unsuccessful in persuading Mrs. Kim to open the bottle of soju, it is your orders that finally make her relent because you can kick them out if she does;Feeling lonely? Want some aegyo? Mrs. Kim will give it to you for free even when her husband is sitting right there beside you. Let's not forget that ROK seems to know more about NJ's little brother than herself or her husband. What does that tell you? 

Guest niruma_tanpopo

sassychic said: Lols pdnim..that's real life? Oh..oh..unless cb and nj has a secret affair..it will never be a reality. Did you consider cb's wife..what she feel? Do you think she will not suspect it until now that his hubby still has a feeling for nj? How many people ruined their marriage because of so called friendships? How many people got divorce in korea because their partner have an affair with their so called friends? Wow..I think your living in mars not on the planet earth. (I'm sorry to say this...but pdnim reality is not a reality for me) Moving on is true..but to be chummy with your first love is unacceptable. END of my rants..

Just for fun do guys want to make a list of potential co-stars we would like YYS to act with if given the chance? 
Female co-stars 

• IU --> Need to complete that grand slam. But let's not go there again. 
  • Moon Chae Won --> Would be great together. 
  • Ha Ji Won --> She is amazing enough said. Anything she does turns to gold literally. 
  • Lee Bo Young --> Jang Hye Sung was amazing and so is she. 
  • Suzy --> This time he should actually end up with her. Third times the charm. 
  • Jung Yu Mi --> So we can imagine this was actually what happened to CB. 
  • Kim Tae Hee --> High ratings and who CB should have ended up with. 
  • Kang Sora --> Really talented and would be great together. 
  • Go Ara--> Her chasing after him this time. In an effort to heal our scarred hearts.
  • Park Min Young --> Good friends = great co-stars and chemistry  
  • Gong Hyo Jin --> Midas touch! 
  • Shin Min Ah --> A lister and think of the CF deals! 
  • Kim Ji Won --> Talented, versatile and gorgeous actors. Chilbong meets Rachael--> Maybe this is who he married? 
  • Lee Soo Kyung --> Talented people should work together to make mega hits. 
  • Yoon Jin Yi --> Stealing BG's wife JK. 
  • Jung So Min --> Cute adorable people together. Cuteness overload. 
Male Co-stars 
  • Song Joong Ki --> Besties for life after he comes back from the army that is. 
  • Yoon Kye Sang --> Also a nice guy who finished last. 
  • Won Bin --> Hello, blockbuster hit guaranteed. 
  • Lee Kwang So --> I really need this bromance to transition on screen. 
  • Jung Il Woo --> Also super talented and I like my pretty boys together. 
  • Kim Soo Hyun --> When Sam Dong meets Chilbong. Two worlds unite. 
  • T.O.P --> A BIG BANG of the ultimate bromance. They could totally do a gangster type or cop movie. 
  • Kim Woo Bin --> When Young Do meets Chilbong. Union of the forever alone second leads getting over their first loves together. 
  • Lee Jong Suk --> To add to his list of epic bromances. 
  • Lee Min Ho --> City Hunter meets Baseball star. 
  • Joo Won --> Two talented actors unite to rule the box office or ratings. 
  • Jung Yong Hwa --> Two time member of the forever alone second lead club. Should join Young Do and Chilbongie in their healing process.
  • Yoo Seung Ho--> Also a member of the forever alone second leads. Really talented too. 
  • Jo Sang Wook --> Possible bickering relationship. 
  • Choi Jin Hyuk --> Gumiho Daddy meets Kangchi's brother. The world is not ready for this bromance. 
  • Lee Ki Woo --> Flower Boy Raymun Shop pillar husband meets Chilbongie. Great possible hyung. 
  • F40 Crew --> Mentors!
  • Any combination of YYS, KWB, LGS or YYS, LKS, SJK
Terms and Conditions 
  • [*]
Any of the above maybe done with any combinations. 
[*]Require a main lead role with at least 16 episodes
[*]Screen time of at least 45 minutes an episode of YYS doing anything. We will even take just breathing and staring.
[*]Any fluffy love story with his character being adored. 
[*]Also an epic dynamic character not a plot device. 
[*]Drama should preferably be in the winter in order to overcome snow and new year's scenes.  Must require episodes of shower and shirtless scenes. --> crucial plot development Feel free to add to this post. 

Guest nommango

I want to see Kim Tae Hee and YYS together ^^For guys... can it be T.O.P? I can imagine T.O.P beating up bad guys because they were mistreating YYS... the ultimate bromance.  :x AND PLUS, YYS looks so freakin' hot when he's evil. 

Guest 8001spring

EDIT: Just realised @zannloo has posted the picture I intended earlier here 
So here's a new one to compensate for this post.
14b02028739f11e3a629127abf4949d6_8.jpg
Credit: Instagram ahrama
P/S: She's a beauty blogger and make-up artist in Korea.

Guest kumiko_a

@mario_kam adding kim woo bin to the list. I'd totally watch a when young do meets chilbong and how they get over the travesty that is their first loves.

Guest chappykoo

Sorry if anyone has posted it... I got it from one yeonies / yeonizen/ yeoniverse citizen in our IFC twitter... I thought it's about some drama club member opinion from drama fever bout the ending... I haven't read it full, not yet... Here is the

LINK

i've read it and it shares the same disappointment vibes from all members of the club..

imo if you look at 1997 and 1994 stories as general viewers five years from now i think it will be like this:

1997: oh shiwon and yoonjae is a really cute couple i reaally root for yj that timand the fangirling moment i rly can relate..e,and oh yeah the other pairing is cute and other character stories are cute too..a warm drama..i want to watch it again..

1994: scp and yj cpl is rly cute the boarders are so funny,the stories of sampoong is heartbreaking,i feel sorry for chilbong tho that pathetic character..he should have his own story..his body tho..do we miss something?um yeah there is this main couple too i guess..the non existent love triangle is tiring tho..not sure i have time to rewatch it..hey do you have new drama recommendation?

if you go to cb thread the moderator said she is a neutral watcher and feel disappointed for cb too..

moon chae won and jung yoomi for me..or maybe gong hyojin too haha this lady also can turn anything to gold :))

or maybe go ara where i can see her character chase andc suffer for yys character :))

for guys can we have the rising stars woobin or jongsuk?or trio of joongki and kwangsoo?but with any actors i guess yys can nail the bromance vibe with any guy :)) i want chummy yys!!! :))

mario_kam said: Just for fun do guys want to make a list of potential co-stars we would like YYS to act with if given the chance? 
Female co-stars 

• Ha Ji Won --> She is amazing enough said. Anything she does turns to gold literally. 
Male Co-stars 
  • T.O.P --> A BIG BANG of the ultimate bromance. They could totally do a gangster type or cop movie. 
  • Kim Woo Bin --> When Young Do meets Chilbong. Union of the forever alone second leads getting over their first loves together. 

Feel free to add to this post. 

Guest chappykoo

@kepogee i think the club is on the neutral side more..but what is weird is they're not even talking about the main couple..if we hear 1997 we will quickly associate it with sw-yj but if you hear 1994 it will be scp-yj and the boarders..

edit:omg yeah kang sora!!i really like this girl! (ot:is ugly alert a good drama?)

and i dont really want yys be w iu tbh..

1.i dont want him get the grandslam bcs im afraid more ppl will hate him

2.netizen dont really like iu in drama..

i want yys be a netizen darling this year :))

Guest niruma_tanpopo

mario_kam said: Just for fun do guys want to make a list of potential co-stars we would like YYS to act with if given the chance? 
Female co-stars 

Male Co-stars 

Feel free to add to this post. 

Guest missymay

I love all of your posts and absolutely agree with points you all have pointed out. Even layman would agree that landlords won't behave like that.

Basically I conclude that the writer and pd really fail their writing skill as corruption creep into their brains. They should be kicked back to the writing and filming school to learn what is climax and what is anti climax. Nonetheless I must thank them for bringing the best out in our charming prince YYS and we practically sat up when he waltzed into our lives with his warm smiles which he didn't display in the Wereboy.

Lastly I conclude I won't endorse this shin pd and writer nim's future works if they allow such money-infested works to be allowed. Sadly to say that AM1997 is more complete and everything falls in place with points in the last few episodes unlike in AM1994.

Let's move on and chat more on YYS's future works. Time will ease our pain but we won't definitely forget the injustice meted by these idiotic shin pd and writer.

Guest chappykoo

@8001spring omg so lucky to have selca w yys..just the two of them!

and is red his fave color?he always wear red winter coats lately..not complaining bcs he looks hot in that color *fanning self*

Wow, thanks for the translations on the PD's thoughts. I usually want to know this side, the writer's and directors. I just am curious as to why they shot things the way they did or wrote them that way. Sometimes it is because they are going by what the audience wants and other times they stick to their guns. That whole interview pretty much in my head went as "in the end we didn't know what to do with Chilbong" also not only we didn't know what to do with him but here are a whole bunch of excuses. It does seem like they shot themselves narratively. 
Even if he is trying to to convince people that time is a healer, it still doesn't sound plausible. Time can heal but by no means does that mean I want to go back to where all of these feelings and memories came from, if they became a wound. We clearly see that when he says that he needs time to move on. If he would have let her go it would have been the last time. I thought they would have sorted this stuff out early on and noticed how bad it was to take YYS's character out for two episodes. It was time wasted that they could have used to finish Chilbong's story, even if it was without NJ. 
Any who, YYS has done a great job and not because there were problems in narrative and cohesiveness does that mean he did not enjoy it or learned from it. He seems like he enjoyed CB's character as it was different from his other roles. 
and Lol at Heechul.
Even if YYS is second lead in something again I will watch it just because it is him, he does a great job and even so, I enjoyed watching him play CB as much as you wanted to strangle the TV, Lol.
Ty for the awesome translations and I hope everyone is doing well.

Archived