[Taiwanese Drama 2013] The Pursuit of Happiness 愛的生存之道

sugarplum892

ibwHTkynl7fjgP.jpg
Details:Title: 愛的生存之道 / Ài de shēngcún zhī dào
English title: The Pursuit of Happiness
Genre: RomanceDirector: Lǐ Qīng RóngScriptwriters: DùzZhèng Zhé, Lú Huì Xīn, Yáng Huì Wén, Liào Hóng Jié, & Lǐ Sōng Lín
Episodes: 13
Broadcast Period: October 11, 2013 - January 3, 2014Broadcast Days: Fridays
Cast:Sonia Sui as Ji An Lei 紀安蕾Tony Yang as Huang Yi Kang 黃以康Zhuang Kai Xun as He Ting Wei 何偉霆Aggie Hsieh as Shen Hai Lun 沈海倫
Ji familyLin Mei Xiu as Mrs. Ji 蕾媽Chen Wen Pin (陳文彬) as Mr. Ji 蕾爸Lin Bo Hong as Zhou Da Kai 周大凱Xin Le Er (辛樂兒) as Ding Xiao Yun 丁小芸Hai Yu Fen (海裕芬) as Lei's sister 蕾姐Biung Wang as Brother-in-law 蕾姐丈夫
Shen familyXie Yu Wei (謝宇威) as Mr. Shen 沈董Liu Xiao Yi (劉曉憶) as Mrs. Shen 沈母Xi Er (惜兒) as Shen Si Han 沈詩涵
People from workJian Hong Lin (簡宏霖/Jolin) as SimonLi Jia Yu (李佳豫) as CocoZeng Yu Jia (曾昱嘉) as Zhi Wei 志偉Wu Xin Ti (吳心緹) as Xiao Lin 小琳
OthersKelly Huang as TiffanyGuo Xing (郭鑫) as A Tai 阿泰Angus Chang as Luo Jia Yi 羅家怡Xu Yi Fan (徐詣帆) as Wen Ge 文哥Qu You Ning as PhotographerLi Qing Rong (李青蓉) as Assistant photographerKevin Ng (吳海文) as Club singerRen Qi (任淇) as Fortune teller
Synopsis:Just when everything seemed to go well for Ji An Lei, series of unfortunate events happened. Her promotion got stolen by an outside hire, her boyfriend dumped her, and she got an unwanted roommate. When she discovers her new roommate had come all the way from New Zealand to win the love of his dream girl, who happens to be her boss' daughter and her ex's new girlfriend, she joins him on an "Operation Fighting for Love."
Watch episodes with eng subs here!Watch raw episodes here!

Raw Trailer:

OSTs:
Aggie Hsieh - Obstinate

William Wei - Next to You 

Aggie Hsieh - I'm in Love Anyways

Fun Wu - The Result of Being Lonely

Frandé - Lightening

Hawawa Yang - Life Needs Love

Tony Yang - Empty

Viewership Ratings:
Episode 1 (October 11, 2013): 0.77 (4th place of current dramas In A Good Way 我的自由年代 & Just You 就是要你愛上我)Episode 2 (October 18, 2013): 0.85 (4th place of current dramas)
Episode 3 (October 25, 2013): 0.63 (4th place of current dramas)
Episode 4 (November 1, 2013): 1.01 (4th place of current dramas)
Episode 5 (November 8, 2013): 0.86 (4th place of current dramas)
Episode 6 (November 15, 2013): 0.83 (4th place of current dramas)
Episode 7 (November 22, 2013): 1.02 (4th place of current dramas)
Episode 8 (November 29, 2013): 0.92 (4th place of current dramas)
Episode 9 (December 6, 2013): 1.03 (4th place of current dramas)
Episode 10 (December 13, 2013): 1.39 (4th place of current dramas)
Episode 11 (December 20, 2013): 1.30 (4th place of current dramas)
Episode 12 (December 27, 2013): 1.07 (4th place of current dramas)
Episode 13 (January 3, 2014): 1.04 (4th place of current dramas)
Average ratings: 0.98 (4th place of current dramas)

Additional Links:
The Pursuit of Happiness 愛的生存之道 Viki English Subbed EpisodesThe Pursuit of Happiness 愛的生存之道 Raw Episodes
The Pursuit of Happiness 愛的生存之道 Official Facebook Page
The Pursuit of Happiness 愛的生存之道 Official GTV Website
The Pursuit of Happiness 愛的生存之道 Official TTV Website

SOOMPI RULES OF CONDUCTDon't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama characters/plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

Guest chloe_addict

Anyone else watching this drama? It has a lot of similarities to In Time With You starring Ariel Lin + Bolin Chen since it's by the same production company. So far, this drama is pretty good, but I don't really like the 2 lead actors. I wish Ethan Ruan or James Wen would act along side Sonia Sui. 

Hey! I haven't started watching this one yet but I've heard good things. I'm not a huge fan of Sonia but I'm willing to give it a chance because I loved ITWY. Hopefully they will be able to hook me this time as well. Are there any soft subs for this show out there?

Hey! I haven't started watching this one yet but I've heard good things. I'm not a huge fan of Sonia but I'm willing to give it a chance because I loved ITWY. Hopefully they will be able to hook me this time as well. Are there any soft subs for this show out there?

Yes I suggest that you give it a try if you're a fan of ITWY :)

There's a link to viki posted under the synopsis

Guest Mishiellie

the last taiwan drama I watched was ITWY and as soon as i heard it was the same production crew I watched the 7min teaser and I was sold on the spot! Loving this drama so far
I don't need subs for it.. but Viki has this drama with Eng subs

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVED ITWY. That was why I gave it a try. :) HEHE. It didn't really make me like it as much as ITWY did on the first episode. I think it was because of Sonia's character. AL was sort of mean to YK but I'm glad she's slowly warming up to him. I'm sure it will get better in the future so I'm currently anticipating the future episodes. :D

PS: I didn't know the girl playing SHL sang the theme song. :o Was quite shocked. HAHA.

Guest chloe_addict

Anyone else feel bothered by the character Hai Lun's accent? I'm not too familiar with this actress, but is she a native Chinese speaker or from the US? 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chloe_addict

In Episode 10, I really liked the hug scene except it was a tad bit too long. My favorite part was when Ji An Lei asked him to hug her: "Is it that hard to hug me?" And Haung Yi Kang whispered "of course not..." And I loved how right before they finished hugging, JAL leaned back to whisper something in his ear and HYK started to turn his head towards her as if he were going to kiss her! I wish this drama moved a bit faster though. I feel like nothing progresses each week. It takes 11 episodes to finally get a kiss between the 2 main leads, according to the previews for next week at least. Hopefully it's not a dream sequence again. 

I too am hoping that it will start to move along a little more. I can see that he has worked out that he likes her. I need her to do the same. The conversation at the table with her family about them being happy even if she doesn't marry him made my eyebrows raise. I need her to stop hiding she has some type of feelings for him too. Sit down and talk with him about it. I think she is feeling that their close proximity is what is causing this and instead it could be nothing more then two people who are attracted to one another and are finally healing enough to move on with someone new. (I hope she doesn't over think it.)

Also from the preview who was the ex boyfriend talking to when he asked what "makes HYK deserve her love" I hope not our main female OTP. I do not care how much friendship you have with her (history basically), you have now been told that she was in love with you for the last 15 years (I think on some level he knew that too and took advantage of it just to have someone at home to connect to. He even says something to that extent.) and waited only to have her heart ripped out when she realized she would never be the one you settle down for. I think as long as she is able to move on and find someone to love regardless of how they met or are living together as roomies he should butt out and be happy for her keep a casual friend distance. That's what he wanted her to do about his relationship. She is letting go. Now you do the same.  I hope his feelings do not start to waver when he sees she is happy and finding love again. (Of course we know him and the GM's daughter belong together.)

I wish this was a twice a week drama. I love viki where this is shown with subtitles but they seem to be really swamped with the holidays and so many new more popular drama's on their site that they are taking a bit longer to get episode 9 fully subbed. Does anyone know of other sites that have some of the newer Taiwanese Drama's with English subtitles? If so when you have a moment please send me a message with them. I don't have a problem watching raw episodes because I do until sub is ready but I would really like to fully watch episode 9 again with full subs. A few of the sites I go to do not have the newer shows with subs yet and there are many that I would like to view.

Guest chloe_addict

I just finished Episode 10. I'm glad that JAL + HYK had a steamy make-out session. But after watching the preview for Episode 11, I don't know how I feel about introducing another 3rd party who will get between JAL + HYK. I mean, there are already enough players here with HL + JAL's ex-bf. I really want to love this drama, but I feel like it lacks that "spark" that "In Time With You" had. 

@chloe_addict: After watching episode 11 preview, I don't know what to think about it!!I really like this drama at the moment!! But I hope the 3rd party will just be for episode 11 ans only this one!! Where are she coming from!! I hope HYK have a twin of something like that!!
In any case; let's hope for the better!!I hope the writer are not going to far (too wild) with the story !! 
I love the first 10 episodes.This drama reminds me of dramas like "Fated to Love you" or "Who's the one".
PS: "In Time with you" was so good too :D

Guest chloe_addict

@Jekei 
"In Time With You" is my all time favorite Taiwanese drama. So much so that I bought the DVD which is the first drama DVD I own. :D Mostly I fell in love with it because it dealt with realistic issues like taking your bff for granted only to realize that you did love him all long. 
Back to this drama...I'm still watching it but I feel like falls short of what could have been. I feel like there's a lack of character development and halfway through, HWT and YL just sort of disappeared in the background. 
Hopefully tomorrow's episode will be better! 

@chloe_addict: Buying this drama was a good choice!! I've never done that!! Maybe one day!! :)In any case, the path of "In time with you" was really good! Not to slow, not to quick!! 
For this drama, you're right, let's hope for the best!! :)

Guest chloe_addict

I just finished watching Episode 11. Oh my goodness, I feel like I wasted 1 hour and nothing really happened. Actually, I feel like this series could be condensed into 6 episodes for anything significant to happen. But I still keep watching because I always have hope that it'll get better. 
But how many episodes are there? I feel like we're getting to the end...and nothing is happening... #-o

• 2 weeks later...

Archived