[Official Thread] ♔ MinShin (Lee Min Ho & Park Shin Hye) ♔ - Thread 1

Guest pluie

hohurm said: Out of boredom i counted: 11 hugs-back and front 5 kisses on the lips(yes, including THE kiss) 2 pecks on the cheek 1 forehead kiss 3 almost kiss (including donut kiss) Did i miss anything? Any other k-dramas with equal or more skinship like MinShin in Heirs?

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thunderempress

I think LMH should be careful about PSH's next project because...
this hot guy is playing next to her

yooyeonseok_abs.jpg

Well I expect LMH to be like this

KE86tI14.jpg

or better yet like this

439090-lee-min-ho-kim-tan-lee-min-ho-rag

I'm a big fan of Yoo Yeon Seok and right now he's my number one bias k-actor. He's just loveable. BUT DON'T WORRY I STILL SHIP URI MINSHIN COUPLE. I'm just posting this for fun. :))

thunderempress said: I think LMH should be careful about PSH's next project because...
this hot guy is playing next to her

yooyeonseok_abs.jpg

Well I expect LMH to be like this

KE86tI14.jpg

or better yet like this

439090-lee-min-ho-kim-tan-lee-min-ho-rag

I'm a big fan of Yoo Yeon Seok and right now he's my number one bias k-actor. He's just loveable. BUT DON'T WORRY I STILL SHIP URI MINSHIN COUPLE. I'm just posting this for fun. :))

Ahem, since we're analyzing the closet kiss(as usual  :-*) I want to point something out.  The beginning and end of the scene looks like part of the first kiss where PSH was caught off guard...but at the 1:18 mark, you can see that uri PSH is actually leading the kiss.  There also seems to be tongue at that point(sorry minors), so maybe that's why they were asking if they were dating, and why we can get no real bts.  I think maybe the assertive PSH turned the tables on LMH during the filming....poor thing, lol   >:)  >:) =))
Delusion Mode: OVERLOAD

cr:BB

Out of boredom i counted:

11 hugs-back and front

5 kisses on the lips(yes, including THE kiss)

2 pecks on the cheek

1 forehead kiss

3 almost kiss (including donut kiss)

Did i miss anything? Any other k-dramas with equal or moe skinship like MinShin in Heirs?

That true... And that all looks so natural once more their skin was really comfortable each other no awkward. Their body language, special their eyes so soft when their looking each other :)

May I know who in here from Indonesia, thank u.... :)

@faidaris..hahahaa..I'm waiting sistar..actually..its also my first time into this drama..the kiss scene is hot..how can LMH and PSH can kiss like that???.like kissing lover you know..I still thinking the kissing is real..not acting..confirmed..REAL.. :-bd

@TerryG..you right chingu..its seem PSH leading the kiss on 01:18..heheehe..I think she already caught off guard..same like LMH..just wondering is closet kiss scene is included in bts dvd director cut??..long version..perhap..do you think director put together??? Hehe.. >:)

My dear chinggus... looks like I need to really get to work every time I visit this thread!! Haha I'm totally not complaining :) I love the resourcefulness of you peeps, but I'm really sorry if my translations aren't fast enough. I come here only at the end of the day and translations take time!! Will break it up into a few posts okay? And WELCOME to all newbies. You will find joy here :D

First one, the Chinese newspaper article...sorry the resolution is actually not very good actually most of the text is unreadable! But this is the little I can gather after zooming in and out dozens of times.

Title: Oppa, Oppa, it's really hard to meet you!
Lee Minho's dashing smile conquers countless fans

Intimately nicknamed "The Long-legged one" by his fans, how popular exactly is LMH?

(The gist of the article is about how hard it is to get a glimpse of LMH. The first "obstacle" is the financial cost of getting a ticket to see him. There are only 400 regular tickets and 20 VIP tickets, and they cost 3600 RMB (!!) Someone even spent 6000 RMB to meet him. The second "obstacle" is the long queues of people who lined up to see him. People camped overnight to wait for him, and the lines were 300 meters long!

The two side articles are about how
a) Even though he is a sex symbol he is also very shy, and that he likes girls with an opinion. There was some discussion in our thread about whether assertive has negative connotations or not, but I think "having an opinion" is closer to the original Chinese. If anybody else disagrees, please feel free to express :) Anyway, I personally think it's GREAT to be assertive but I can understand if there are cultural differences in interpreting a word like "Assertive" :)
b)Why is LMH such an ahjumma-killer? (As in, why do older ladies like him so much?) The subtitle mock-quotes, "Even though I'm not the most handsome, a tender gaze is my specialty." That's all I can make out sorry! I doubt that's a verbatim quote!

Also for clarity's sake, I translate the Chinese term "nan2 shen2" as "sex symbol" though the literal translation would be "god". I think sex symbol is closer in meaning and a smoother translation because I feel like calling someone a god in English is a little over-the-top to the point of mocking someone. But I think there are some forum readers here who think the term "sex symbol" means somebody who is overtly sexy and has a very provocative image. I just want to clarify that actually the term just means somebody who is so great and iconic and influential in terms of style and reputation that they become a symbol for their GENDER (also sometimes called sex), and not necessarily because they're super sexy. That's not to say sex symbols aren't sexy though -- I think both LMH and PSH surely are :D

For the Semir event in Wuhan...

In the first 1-min vid, basically he greets everyone after the screeeaming welcome, and the host asks him to say hello. LMH says in Chinese (on his own! how cute!) "Perhaps, have I missed all of you?" Man... I hope these "The Heirs" references don't stop! I want the drama to remain forever close to his heart!!

2nd vid

I think they're playing some game of "True or False" or "Would you?" using fan submissions. Just guessing because the video starts in the middle of nowhere.
Host: Eat dinner together with LMH.
(Response is inaudible, but host cracks a joke that LMH will definitely pay.)
Host: "In 2014, LMH will come to China once a month."
LMH: Do you guys want me to come once a month ONLY?? (Crowd screams) I originally wanted to come 3 or 4 times a month.
Host: Okay let's cancel this question! 3 or 4 times is way better than once. Okay next question. "Travel around Korea together with LMH."
LMH: Because my schedule has been more hectic lately, I would suggest a few sights. One would definitely be Gangnam from Gangnam style. (Crowd starts chanting.)
Host: Why are there so many requests?? (LMH puts his finger to his lips and smiles) Minho is not done!
LMH: Let's all look forward to my performances on tour. There's another place called "San Jing Dong" that is nice.
Host: Okay when we have more time later we'll have even more places to introduce. Let's move on to the next one. "Have a fluent conversation with fans in the Wuhan dialect."
LMH: What should I say in the Wuhan dialect?
Host: It's a good thing my Wuhanese is not too bad. (Host whispers to LMH what to say. Haha poor guy is nervous and can't really get it.)
LMH: It's too difficult! Can you teach me? (To the crowd)
(Host picks up that people are shouting "This is my treat!")
Host: In the end, it's all about getting a treat from LMH! Next one! "LMH will show off his great body."
LMH: (does a cute action of opening his jacket like in the drama with PSH!!) Show my body?? Haha, wait for me for 3 months. I will show it in my movie. At that time, I will show the body that everybody is anticipating.
Host: Maybe during the winter, we eat more, so you get thicker.
Cute girl who is filming the video: No!!
Host: Will you all watch the movie?
Cute girl who is filming the video: Of course!
Host: Okay then we'll see him again at that time. Okay no more questions. That's it. (video ends)

The Starworld Entertainment segment covering his Wuhan Semir event...

Host: Yesterday our reporter headed to Wuhan to see LMH. He is a sex symbol, but deep down he is really a big boy! Let's take a look...
(footage of event)
Voiceover: After screams, there are more screams. That's right, LMH is here. The star who couldn't be more popular has arrived to be with his fans. (Clip of LMH saying hello in Chinese.) In his light blue suit looking like a Prince Charming, calling him a sex symbol is not wrong. Not only is he handsome, his legs that are 1.1meters long make his fans love him with a passion! (Clips of fans expressing their adoration.) Despite all these declarations of love from fans, LMH is actually "very shy" (his own words). He really is a big kid. Don't believe it, take a look!
LMH: This morning I woke up a little swollen. I just woke up! (Laughs)
Voiceover: Looking at him from 360 degrees, we think it's just his brain that's swollen (i.e. he's being silly). Look at how he plays with the mike. It's for speaking, and not a toy! In the end, our reporter had to ask this young friend to please raise the mike a bit higher! (LMH raises the mike sheepishly.) This super handsome sex symbol is shy off-stage, and he completely does not see himself as a sex symbol. (Clips of LMH cutely saying "ohhh..." like "uhmmm" as he ponders an answer to a question. The crowd laps it up.)
LMH: (In response to which part of his life he would transport himself back to in a time machine) Actually I am very happy now. And if I were to go back in time, I wouldn't be able to meet all of you.
Voiceover: How do female fans resist such words?? Who taught him how to speak so sweetly?
(Clips of LMH learning Wuhanese, saying Happy New Year in Chinese, and then the default LOL to "saranghae". An excited fan lunges forward for a hug. Crowd, again, loves it.)
Voiceover: Student Minho, enough! You are doing an event, not chasing after a girl (lol).
(More cuts of him and the event, singing and dancing his song)
Voiceover: That day, LMH held nothing back. Touching and getting close to fans, he did it all. The fans' reaction?
Fans: Very jealous!!! We wish we were the ones!
Voiceover: Aha so attend more of these weibo events. Who knows, the next one might be you!!
(And some stuff about getting a real autographed poster of LMH)

WHEW I'm going to be late for work tomorrow!! Haha I honestly love the challenge of translating, though it's time-consuming. Please forgive any mistakes and my slowness. My greatest fear is that while I've done all this work, somebody else has translated already! So I only start when I'm done backreading (which can be a lot... you guys! Love you.)

Seems like the PSH vids have been translated already on p639, so enjoy and GOOD NIGHT xoxo

TerryG said: Ahem, since we're analyzing the closet kiss(as usual  :-*) I want to point something out.  The beginning and end of the scene looks like part of the first kiss where PSH was caught off guard...but at the 1:18 mark, you can see that uri PSH is actually leading the kiss.  There also seems to be tongue at that point(sorry minors), so maybe that's why they were asking if they were dating, and why we can get no real bts.  I think maybe the assertive PSH turned the tables on LMH during the filming....poor thing, lol   >:)  >:) =))

Guest tropicalgirl

huihuitang said: faidaris said: mi7chimes said:
And lastly about us intruding into their privacy... It is true we shud draw a line, but again from my HyunMin experience, I can guarantee you that when they give out hints they are giving it out to those who believe, and by that somewhere there down the lane they are looking out for support, and I tell you it means a lot to them... To have people who like them for what they are and respect their choices... So I think that we should continue supporting them, and if and when they do decide to let go (god forbid) we should too, not of them, but the dreams we drew for them.. Coz it's their life. :\">

Oh and PLEASE forgive me when I randomly insert my own thoughts into the translations. I'm mostly laughing at how cute our LMH and PSH are and can't help but say it. MinShin Fighting!! :x MUCH LOVE to all the kissing experts who could go on for days. LOL you make everybody's day here...

Guest westlife

faidaris said: TerryG said: Ahem, since we're analyzing the closet kiss(as usual  :-*) I want to point something out.  The beginning and end of the scene looks like part of the first kiss where PSH was caught off guard...but at the 1:18 mark, you can see that uri PSH is actually leading the kiss.  There also seems to be tongue at that point(sorry minors), so maybe that's why they were asking if they were dating, and why we can get no real bts.  I think maybe the assertive PSH turned the tables on LMH during the filming....poor thing, lol   >:)  >:) =))

@faidaris, Yes!! We saw it correctly!! =)) 
We were tending to believe that it was PSH that had never been kissed like that before...but now I wonder if LMH has ever been kissed back like that in R/L?  Clearly there is no on screen evidence(Personal Taste was decently awkward, but it lags way behind this one).  :-?
@xiux Thank you for the translation!!  >:D<

Just want to dedicate this English translated Heirs OST to this thread.... I felt as if this tells LMH side of the story...in sync with the lips biting (haha), revealing half his heart through his hints etc. Love this OTP

http://youtu.be/vj2moWin_lQ

Hi ladies its passed midnight..and I am missing all of you did my special prayer for our OTP during Mass today.@ TerryG love the kissing in slow motion .yes insightful hahaha....any way I m re watching The Heir from episode 1..its really a dreamy romantic love story...I think the adventure to the Almond farm is really whimsical..beautiful adventure for our  OTP..@ faidaris..hahaha kissing expert..cute still re watching The Heirs??? the next thing I know you will be able to say all the dialogue PSH and LMH saying in each hugging and kissing scene...I am still on board of this ship....Welcome to our new MinShin shipper...happy posting .Good night ,love ....

Guest tropicalgirl

Gema said:

Out of boredom i counted: 11 hugs-back and front 5 kisses on the lips(yes, including THE kiss) 2 pecks on the cheek 1 forehead kiss 3 almost kiss (including donut kiss) Did i miss anything? Any other k-dramas with equal or moe skinship like MinShin in Heirs?

Ahem, since we're analyzing the closet kiss(as usual  :-*) I want to point something out.  The beginning and end of the scene looks like part of the first kiss where PSH was caught off guard...but at the 1:18 mark, you can see that uri PSH is actually leading the kiss.  There also seems to be tongue at that point(sorry minors), so maybe that's why they were asking if they were dating, and why we can get no real bts.  I think maybe the assertive PSH turned the tables on LMH during the filming....poor thing, lol   >:)  >:) =))

Delusion Mode: OVERLOAD

cr:BB

I don't know how much I looking scene closet kiss :D, but I never boring for looking again and again... God... forgive me :-S . why i'm not boring when looking because this kiss not ordinary. I think be reversed in this scene have so much secret story :-B :-w

Archived