Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

*** KHN has been promoted right now from Private First Class to Corporal.  Usually this rank promotion is given to those who have completed the number of months in service required for the promotion (usually, after (15) months).  All private enlistees are eligible to be promoted directly to lance corporal should they meet the minimum qualifying requirements and work performance. The Korean Army promoted enlisted men (who were all conscripts) strictly by seniority. I heard that the effective date of promotion was on August 1st, 2018. As corporal, he will be sporting on his uniform the new insignia.  Now, he will be paid 366,200 won (US$327) per month. I miss KHN! May 23, 2019, please come too soon! :lol:

7 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

D-299

INFINITE’s Sunggyu, Ji Chang Wook, And Kang Ha Neul Open Up About Their Upcoming Military Musical

Ji Chang Wook, Kang Ha Neul, and INFINITE’s Sunggyu attended a press conference for the upcoming musical “Shinheung Military Academy” and opened up about appearing in the production while serving in the military.

“Shinheung Military Academy” will be set at the academy of the same name that was at the frontline of the independence movement in Korea against Japanese imperialism. The musical will highlight the lives of ordinary youths who put their lives on the line in order to form a free nation. A total of 37 cast members will make up the musical, with many of the participants being soldiers who excel in acting, singing, and dancing.

Kang Ha Neul will play Pal Do, who grew up an orphan and becomes an integral part of the army for national independence through the academy.

Kang Ha Neul said, “I approach every project I take part in with the mindset of making sure I have fun and enjoy myself. From the moment I joined this musical, I knew that I would be able to have fun and bring joy to many people. There are many soldiers in the army who hold dreams of becoming an actor. Though not all of them will be able to stand on stage through this production, many were able to audition and be selected for the musical. It is with these people that I have had the chance to share this meaningful moment, and they are a big reason why I am able to have so much fun. I will continue to work hard.”

“Shinheung Military Academy” will be performed from September 9 to September 23 at the Nationa Museum of Korea’s Theater Yong. The musical will then go on tour around the nation.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1215113wpp/infinites-sunggyu-ji-chang-wook-kang-ha-neul-open-upcoming-military-musical

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing this. Here, Kang Ha-neul performs at an event at the Army Club in Seoul yesterday to promote this musical "Shinheung Military School." :lol:

PYH2018081418470034100_P2.jpg

cr-Yonhap News

• Like 1

*** I’m happy that KHN is part of this group who were selected through open auditions. The tickets will go on sale tomorrow, August 16. After the concerts in Seoul, which will take place from September 9 to 22 at the National Museum of Korea the musical will go on a national tour until the end of this year. :lol:Looking forward for MORE news about this. He looks so cool.  Have fun, KHN!

15342349460000343281_001_201808141436042

cr-KBS Global

• Like 1

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 - Enlisted in Military [September 11, 2017 - June 10, 2019] - [Upcoming Musical: Shinheung Military Academy]

military men

2018081401769_0378345746.jpg

Kang Ha Neul, Ji Chang Wook and Infinite’s Sung Kyu promoted a musical to be presented by the military. It is nice to see them looking hale and hearty, and I’m sure fans are looking forward to see them back on civilian soil again.

2018081414462012361982115367.jpg?w=620

20180814150847394_008_prev401074918.jpg

Spoiler

2018081401491_02066981822.jpg

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2018/08/14/military-men-2/

*** I heard that aside from Ji Chang-wook, Kang Ha-neul and Sungkyu of K-pop group Infinite who are starring in this military musical project, some outside actors also participate in the show to make the plot more convincing. Veteran actor Lee Jung-yeol plays Lee Hoe-yeong, while actress Lee Tae-eun will portray a woman who pretends to be a man to attend Sinheung Military School and become a military trumpeter.  Soldiers can watch the musical through a closed military broadcasting network. :lol:

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 - Enlisted in Military [September 11, 2017 - June 10, 2019]
  • 2 weeks later...

Top 10 “Most Likely To Have Received Good Sex-Ed” Celebrities Chosen By Netizens

These 10 celebrities seem to be well informed about sexual education.

A recent (and slightly hilarious) poll held by DC Inside asked K-netz which Korean celebrities’ seem to have received a proper sexual education. They were asked to vote on which adjective between “neat, shining, sensible, clever, cheerful, and bright” best suits the celebrity, which seems to be a factor in their “well-educated” image.

7th – Kang Ha Neul (1.4%)

x9cxeeiMZX8DDh7sGIJBibQHKgxS-Xl9hc2vMlEQ

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 - Enlisted in Military [September 11, 2017 - May 24, 2019]
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

D-245

Press photos of Ji Chang Wook, Kang Ha Neul & Kim Sung Gyu at 'Shinheung Military Academy' Musical.

source

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing the pictures. The musical is currently running at the National Museum of Korea, right?  KHN said that he finds the script witty and fun.  I'm sure KHN is working hard to make his character fun. As far as I know “Shinheung Military Academy” runs until September 23, after which, it will go on a national tour. NICE. I'm happy to hear some updates about him from time to time, at least we know that he's doing well during his MS. :P

MORE --

shinheung-military-academy-4.jpg

shinheung-military-academy-2.jpg

shinheung-military-academy.jpg

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

*** The Army musical "Shinheung Military Academy" has concluded its successful run in Seoul last Saturday, September 21, 2018. I read that there were total of (39) participants including actors, singers, soldiers and dancers participated in this musical show. The production will go on its national tour starting October 6 – 7 in Seongnam, October 12 - 14 in Andong and in 9 other locations in the country until early January next year, 2019. :P

posterphoto1003864.jpgposterphoto1003866.jpg

Leading the production are enlisted soldiers Kang Ha-neul, Ji Chang-wook, INFINITE's Kim Sung-gyu and theater actresses Lee Tae-eun (Na Bal), Im Chan-min (Hye Ran), and Shin Hye-ji (Hye Ran). The story revolves around youths who bravely and willingly gave their all in order to realise their dream of regaining freedom for their country and make a new world governed by the common people, regardless of social standing. 

Kang Ha-neul plays the role of Pal Do, an orphan and servant of the Academy's founder Lee Hee Yong. Despite his low status, he is cherished by the master and his wife, who gave him her own scarf before they embarked on a long, cold journey to establish the

Academy. Pal Do may not be the brightest, but his passion for life, loyalty to his friends, never-ending energy, competitive spirit and friendly demeanor makes him a popular and well-liked student at the Academy, and an important pillar in the independent movement.

Kang's performance as Pal Do clearly defined his love and dedication for the stage with his realistic portrayal of Pal Do, through his powerful and expressive rendition of his songs, funny and witty delivery of the lines and humorous antics which were like a breath of fresh air that made the audience laugh in the otherwise serious storyline.

By: Chimmy AKA riversky

Photo credits as indicated.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

*** KHN has been nominated as Best Actor for The 7th Yegreen Musical Awards for his impressive portrayal of Pal Do in army musical Shinheung Military Academy. As far as I know this is his 1st Best Actor nomination in the field of musicals. Nominations were selected from productions and project companies that announced their intention to participate in the musicals performed in Seoul for more than 10 days from October 2017 to October 2018. The ceremony is scheduled to take place at 7pm on November 5, Monday at the Grand Theater in Chungmu Arts Center, central Seoul. It will be broadcast live via Naver TC and V-Live. :P

photo1013118.jpg

credit photo : Hancinema

• 3 weeks later...

*** "Forgotten"   is available to preorder on Blu-ray with English subtitles from YESASIA. :P

"Forgotten" (2017)

Directed by Jang Hang-jun

With Kang Ha-neul, Kim Moo-yeol, Moon Sung-keun, Na Young-hee, Nam Myung-ryul, Lee Dong-jin,...

Also known as "Recall the Night"
Synopsis
A thriller that centers around Yoo-seok, a young man who comes back nineteen days after being kidnapped with no recollection of a the time he was gone, and his brother Jin-seok who tracks down the truth.

Release date in Korea : 2017/11/29

Blu-ray

photo1016904.jpg

photo1016903.jpg

Order from YESASIA

Source : track.webgains.com/cl...

credit : Hancinema

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 - Enlisted in Military [September 11, 2017 - May 19, 2019]

Reposting from SHS thread, since I took the time to dig this up.

giphy.gif This is from 'Angel Eyes'.

SHS is the young version of the main lead blind girl's best friend, and here she, knowing that KHN likes the blind girl, lets him know that tomorrow is her birthday so that he can plan something nice for her to celebrate it.

giphy.gif

Here KHN notices from the books she's holding and asks if she's studying to become a police officer, to which she says, "that's right, so?", to which he says, it "suits you well" (I wonder why ), and she just says, "get it right" (meaning he'd better not mess up whatever he plans for the blind girlfriend birthday celebration, to make her happy), then walks off. (He's all happy afterwards though, that she told her about his love's birthday, which he didn't know about.)

I want to see SHS do a different work with KHN when he's discharged in May. This was OK as her very early role with a few lines, but entirely dissatisfying if this were to be the only role she has with this most talented young actor (and her high school classmate). His 경상도 사투리 (hicky accent) was great, and AE was one of those rare dramas when the younger pair did such a fantastic job that they left a much bigger impact as the 'backstory' than the main grown-up couple - in fact once KHN and his counterpart left the screen it was so bad and the story so ridiculous I stopped watching it altogether.

Hola Friend(s).

Just a friendly declaration that I'm also now on the KHN watch/wait mode. If I hear that more of his fans would also like to see his reunion on screen with Shin Hye-Sun, I'd be delighted. Here's to a happy 2019 wishing for this and more! :love:

• Like 1

Stars Who Will Be Discharged From The Military In 2019

Many top celebrities who are currently serving in the military are due to finish their service in 2019!

While it felt as if the time would never pass, fans are excited to hear that their long wait is coming to an end.

Kang Ha Neul

kang-ha-neul.jpg

Kang Ha Neul is scheduled for discharge on May 23. Along with Ji Chang Wook, Kang Ha Neul also participated in the military musical “Shinheung Military Academy.” He also led the national anthem at The 63rd Memorial Day Commemoration Ceremony with Joo Won, Ji Chang Wook, and Im Siwan.

(skipped unrelated...)

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

tumblr_mqjha7QebX1rcyy6mo1_250.gif I hope Kang Ha-Neul makes more great music as only he can when he returns.

No one knew at the time that life can and would imitate drama so cruelly (for one of these 2), but when I found out recently what happened, scenes like this makes my heart ache for all the wasted youth. :cold_sweat:

Spoiler

Lyrics in Korean here for this sad classic KHN and other young artists have brought back.

http://jsksoft.tistory.com/4792

• Like 1

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 - Enlisted in Military [September 11, 2017 - May 23, 2019]
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing all the pictures here.  June come so fast - KHN will leave the army during this month.....It seems that he's not gone for very long. It seems that it was just yesterday when he entered the camp. I'm curious how his discharge will give the current K-drama leading men casting a good game. I'm happy that he'll be returning to the outside world soon. Can't wait for his next project. I hope he would return to acting right away. Wait & see.......I've been proud of him since the start. I'm excited for his comeback! Good to see him come back soon! :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing MORE pictures of KHN. He's still in military service right now but he's about to be discharged soon.  I'm happy to know that his work offers are coming in now. I heard that "Camella Blooms" is only one of the offers received for review. "Camellia Blooms" is an everyday, love-is-blind romance about the titular heroine whose name means camellia, and the three men involved with her: a good man, a bad man, and a petty man. Gong Hyo-jin had been considering her offer since September, and her agency has now stated that she is in the final stages of coordinating her appearance. The genre of the drama will be a romantic comedy thriller, and in case KHN will take this - he is up for the role of a friendly neighborhood policeman. It will premiere in the second half of the year. Wait & see............. :P

• Like 1