Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

Discover the Edgier Side of K-Dramas: 8 Dark Series to Binge Watch

Having indulged in a spree of romcoms, whimsical fantasies, and heartwarming tales, there might come a moment when you yearn for something more intense and riveting. A drama that keeps you on the edge of your seat, making you second-guess every character's motive. For those searching for a deeper, more thrilling experience, we've curated a list of 8 dark K-Dramas that promise to grip you from start to finish. Ready to dive into these captivating narratives? Then continue reading below.

Insider

Watch how a judicial trainee whose life turns upside down struggles to recover his normal life after going on an undercover investigation.

Starring: Kang Ha-neul, Lee Yoo-young, and Heo Sung-tae

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/08/discover-the-edgier-side-of-k-dramas-8-dark-series-to-binge-watch

Jung So-min, Kang Ha-neul Get Another Chance to Display Chemistry in New Comedy

2023090200456_0.jpg

Jung So-min and Kang Ha-neul are ready to show off their comic chemistry in the upcoming film "30 Days," which is slated for release in October.

The romantic comedy will reunite the pair about eight years after they starred in the 2015 film "Twenty."

"My character looks chic and calm, but will seemingly 'bite' anyone who crosses her," Jung said. "I enjoyed the moments of laughter we shared when we discussed the characters and how to portray them before filming started."

Kang explained that his character "shows how petty and pathetic we can become in private."

The film revolves around a couple who develop amnesia after a car accident 30 days before they are due to end their troubled marriage and divorce.

It is scheduled to hit theaters on Oct. 3.

credit : Chosun Ilbo

*** Kang Ha Neul And Jung So MIn’s upcoming film “30 Days”  has dropped new stills! The newly released stills feature  starting from their first meeting to the two waking up in a hospital with amnesia. Also, in one of the photos Na Ra and Jung Yeol sit in front of a large banner that reads, “In search of the memories of Ms. Hong Na Ra and Mr. Noh Jung Yeo.” “30 Days” will hit theaters on October 3.   :Megathanks:

30-Days-01.jpg

30-Days-08.jpg

30-Days-05.jpg

Jung So Min And Kang Ha Neul Try To Find Their Lost Memories In Upcoming Comedy Film

Spoiler

20230904032117_30-Days-01-1.jpg?s=900x60

Kang Ha Neul And Jung So MIn’s upcoming film “30 Days” (literal title) has dropped new stills!

“30 Days” is a comedy film about married couple Jung Yeol (Kang Ha Neul) and Na Ra (Jung So Min) who are about to get divorced. However, things take an unexpected turn as they both suffer from amnesia after a car accident 30 days before their divorce.

The newly released stills feature the dynamic chronology of Jung Yeol and Na Ra, starting from their first meeting to the two waking up in a hospital with amnesia.

30-Days-01.jpg

30-Days-08.jpg

30-Days-05.jpg

Viewers get a glimpse of Jung Yeol and Na Ra’s rocky marriage life as they look at each other from a distance against the backdrop of their wedding photo that is partially ripped off.

30-Days-07.jpg

30-Days-09.jpg

30-Days-03.jpg

In addition, the surprised facial expressions of Na Ra and Jung Yeol who wake up in the hospital foreshadow the unpredictable development of the story.

30-Days-06.jpg

30-Days-02.jpg

Na Ra and Jung Yeol sit in front of a large banner that reads, “In search of the memories of Ms. Hong Na Ra and Mr. Noh Jung Yeol,” raising anticipation for the comical love story that will unfold.

30-Days-04.jpg

“30 Days” will hit theaters on October 3. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

credit : soompi news

Korean Thriller Netflix

Thriller dramas come with a certain addiction that cannot be explained. Right from the complex storylines and the action sequences to the revenge plotting and the rugged-looking Korean cast, there is hardly anything that’s not it pretty much ticks all the boxes that ought to be in a thriller drama. That is precisely why this time we have curated the perfect assortment of the top 15 Korean thrillers on Netflix that we certainly hook you to your screens. Not just that, we have made sure to give you a complete picture by adding all the important details including the IMDb ratings, the creators, the cast, and even the plot, to help you make an informed decision. 

15 adrenaline-boosting Korean Thrillers streaming on Netflix along with their IMDb ratings 

8. Forgotten (2017)

Forgotten (2017)

• Original title: Gi eok ui bam
  • Running Time: 1 hour 48 minutes
  • K Drama Genre: Drama, Thriller, Crime, Mystery
  • K Drama Star Cast: Kang Ha neul, Yeon Je Hyung, Mu Yeol Kim
  • Director: Hang jun Jang
  • Writer: Hang jun Jang
  • Year of release: 2017
  • Where to Watch / OTT Platform: Netflix
  • IMDb Rating: 7.4/10

This twisted psychological drama stars Kang Ha Neul, Yeon Je Hyung, and Mu Yeol Kim. Directed and written by Hang Jun Jang, it is available for streaming on Netflix. It has an IMDb rating of 7.4/10. When it comes to the plot, the twisted psychological Korean drama begins with a cruel abduction in the year 1997. The storyline follows how the abducted returns home with no memory of the abduction at all. Watch the K-drama to witness an intriguing tale of murder and kidnapping. 

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/korean-thriller-netflix-1240504

*** The romantic comedy film "30 Days" released a new trailer ahead of its release. The trailer begins with Jung Yeol and Na Ra's first ever meeting where they fell in love at first sight.This new movie marks Jung So Min and Kang Ha Neul's second collaboration together, three years after the release of their film "Twenty." "30 Days" will be in theaters nationwide this October 3! I won't miss this.  :heart4:

Kang Ha-neul, Jung So-min reunite as couple with amnesia in ‘30 Days’

20230906000623_0.jpg

Actors Kang Ha-neul and Jung So-min have reunited in upcoming romantic comedy “30 Days” as a couple with amnesia going through a comical divorce.

"30 Days" revolves around Jung-yeol (Kang), an intelligent lawyer, and his wife Nara (Jung), who works in the film industry as a passionate producer. Despite their initial cute, idyllic newlywed life, the quirks that made them fall in love with each other eventually drive nerdy Jung-yeol and quick-tempered Nara apart.

They agree to a divorce after a 30-day settlement period at the local court, but the couple gets hit by a car on the way back home and they are diagnosed with amnesia.

Kang, who is no stranger to comedic roles, having starred in “Twenty” (2015) alongside Jung, “Midnight Runners” (2017) and “When the Camellia Blooms” (2019), said his latest work made him think if he really had to go so far for the role.

“Everyone has their loser-kind of moment in their lives, and I thought this character can well-represent that to the audience in the film. But while acting, I was really hit by the thought if it’s OK to look very much like a loser and a nerd,” Kang told reporters during a press conference held in Lotte Cinema Konkuk University in Seoul, Wednesday.

Director Nam Dae-jung said Kang is the "one and only actor" versatile enough to show both handsomeness and nerdiness in the same character, and was great to work with on set.

“I was sure that Kang can play a significant role in this happy and fun film, which also removed the cliches of a comedy flick. He is also an actor who exerts clean, happy energy and positively changed the atmosphere on set like an air purifier,” Nam said. The film completed shooting earlier this year.

Nam, having worked with Jung on the previous film “Homme Fatale” (2019), said it was comfortable and familiar for him to portray Jung as a lively, fun character.

“To be honest, Jung is actually a very funny person with very good reactions off-screen. I think I showed too many of her comical sides that even I'm worried this could be her very last work,” Nam said jokingly.

Jung said while she personally loves doing comedy projects, it's not something she takes lightly.

"As there is a saying that life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but comedy in long-shot, I tried to immerse into Nara's character as much as possible,” said Jung.

Kang and Jung are joined by comedy acting veterans Yoon Kyung-ho and Kim Sun-young, as well as fresh faces such as model Song Hae-na and comedian Eom Ji-yoon.

The casting of various entertainers, Nam said, was an attempt to break the mold of the typical comedy formula.

“30 Days” opens in local theaters on Oct. 3.

“30 Days” (Mind Mark)

credit : Korea Herald

*** I'm happy for Kang Ha Neul that he's a major name now. He was relatively unknown some years ago, still in the midst of minor roles as he slowly moved his way up to second/lead status. Of course, many of his projects have not met with unusually strong success. But, I wish him success with a release date of October 3rd for "30 Days".  (3) big films will also be released, and his movie could struggle to even lead in its opening weekend. However, neither of these films are romances, while "30 Days" is. Much of the film's success may come down to chemistry. And the movie has a charming concept. Fans will likely be satisfied with the project.  :coolshades:

photo1712666.jpg

credit : William Schwartz

*** On September 17, "Running Man" aired a fun sneak peek of next week’s episode, which will feature 30 Days stars as guests. In keeping with the theme of the upcoming rom-com film, the episode’s premise is that the guests and cast members are couples who have lost their memories—and they need to find clues to figure out who their forgotten partners are. This episode of “Running Man” is on September 24 at 6:15 p.m. KST!   :kaching3:

20230917201509_Running-Man.jpg?s=900x600

credit : soompi news

*** On September 18, Kang Ha Neul guested on Na Young-seok's YouTube Live.  Kang Ha Neul's additional good deeds have been publicized by star producer Na Young-seok. His coworkers have consistently told stories of his goodness. Na Young-seok asked, "Is it true that you memorize every one of the production crew's names whenever you work on a new project?  Kang Ha Neul laughed and answered, "I would like to correct that story. Since there are typically more than 100 of crew members for each project, it's impossible for me to remember all of their names. But I believe that it's impolite to go, 'Hey, excuse me.' every time I call them, so I usually begin to learn the names of those that I work the closest with, then slowly learn the names of the others. I think that somehow turned into 'Oh, he memorizes the names of everyone! I mean, we're working on the same project. We should be able to call each other by our names so that we can get our conversation properly going and stuff. That's why I learn their names. Don't get me wrong though, I don't push myself to learn them. It's not like I go, 'I have to learn all their names no matter what!'  :kicks:

201835209_700.webp

source : SBS Star

*** During the interview of Kang Ha Neul  recent appearance on the YouTube channel “Channel 15ya”,  he discussed how he’s known as one of the “Three Legendary Nice Guys” in the entertainment industry, alongside Yoo Jae Suk and Park Bo Gum. They touched on an anecdote about him giving allowances to staff members on set. He mentioned that he couldn’t remember exactly when this happened, but he has occasionally given some allowances to staff members. When asked whether he gives a lot, he said it’s not a significant amount, and he tries to give it without making people feel uncomfortable. He mentioned that giving allowances is a way to show support and ease some of the burdens for the youngest members. The host also brought up an incident during his appearance on the variety show “Youth over flowers”, where he gifted an air conditioner to a staff member working part-time at a café as this staff member didn’t have an air conditioner at their house. He confirmed that he did provide the air conditioner as a small gesture of kindness.

His upcoming film “30 Days” is set to be released on October 3rd.   :piggydance:

PD-Na-1-091923.webp

img_20230919154105_0q3x3qbf.webp

source : https://www.insight.co.kr/news/450581

'30 Days' promises laughter, unlikely romance

fa3acb69-9526-4aab-8a44-a25651f00488.jpg

Upcoming rom-com stars Kang Ha-neul, Jung So-min

By Pyo Kyung-min

In the upcoming movie “30 Days,” actors Kang Ha-neul and Jung So-min are set to delight theater-goers with their comedic chemistry, promising smiles and laughter.

Best known for his roles in television dramas “The Heirs” (2013) and “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo” (2016), Kang expressed his immense delight during the filming process in a press conference held at Yongsan I’Park Mall in Seoul, Monday.

"This script stood out among the many I've read and it had me in stitches when I first read it. I thought it'd be a fun ride. The on-site experience surpassed my expectations. I haven’t got the chance to watch the whole movie yet, but from the clips I’ve watched, I believe the final product has exceeded the script's brilliance," he said.

Jung, who plays Kang's on-screen wife, also shared her sentiments. "I believe the film's charm shines thanks to the director's unique sense of humor," she said. "When I first got the script, it was such a delightful read. On set, it felt like a gathering of creative minds in a relaxed atmosphere, and the result is something truly captivating."

ab0dc426-5abb-40cc-af9b-71a054f1f6e7.jpg

A scene from the film "30 Days" / Courtesy of MINDMARK

The plot centers around Na-ra (Jung) and Jung-yeol (Kang), a couple who have grown weary of each other's company. Despite initially experiencing a picture-perfect romance, their exasperation with each other's drastic differences drives them to consider divorce.

However, the story takes an unexpected turn during the 30-day divorce mediation process when the two are involved in an unforeseen accident, resulting in both falling into amnesia.

Directed by Nam Dae-joong, known for his knack for comedy, the film aims to serve up a fresh mix of humor.

"I'm quite passionate when it comes to comedy. Even within the seemingly straightforward comedy genre, I'm driven by a strong desire to approach it from various angles. I intended to create a comedy with a wide range of different elements, including the theatrical aspects and the type of humor often found in short-form content," Nam explained.

bc42d57d-26ae-4745-a56c-f563a693c86b.jpg

The director also revealed some behind-the-scenes stories, emphasizing the joyful atmosphere that permeated the set.

"There was never a moment when I didn't find myself happy during the filming of this movie. On set, the question that often crossed my mind was, 'How will I bring laughter to the audience if I can't bring laughter to the person standing right beside me?' This became a collective effort, with the cast and crew working in harmony to create a truly uplifting experience," he said.

At the press event, the cast displayed a heartwarming camaraderie as they actively listened to and cheered for one another.

This is not the first time Kang and Jung have worked together. The two first displayed their chemistry when they appeared together in the 2015 movie "Twenty."

"Back then, we were relatively inexperienced, but now we've grown as actors. It's quite satisfying to reunite with the more experienced version of Kang," Jung said.

Kang added, "There was no need to fret about how to connect with my co-star and build rapport. As a result, we started filming comfortably right from the very first scene. I believe this ease allowed us to approach the scenes with more flexibility and comfort."

Spoiler

2d1d04bb-126f-426b-87f7-874a590636ed.jpg

The film's fun doesn't rely solely on the chemistry between the two lead actors. It also features a cast of scene-stealers who are sure to get audiences laughing. Veteran actors such as Jo Min-su, Kim Sun-young and Yoon Kyung-ho, along with entertainers Song Hae-na and Uhm Ji-yoon, also took part in Monday’s event.

Jo, a seasoned actress born in 1965, takes on the role of Na-ra's mother in the movie. She revealed that this was her first step into comedic acting. "At first, I contemplated declining the role because I was hesitant to step out of my comfort zone," she said.

"Throughout my career, I've mainly portrayed serious roles. However, I decided to join this film out of curiosity, wanting to explore how I would fare in a comedic setting,"

Despite her initial reservations, her impeccable acting skills earned her a reputation as one of the movie's prime sources of laughter.

6b463e0f-1df5-4379-8ca6-cb9c02c2135f.jpg

All the actors present at the event collectively expressed their desire to bring boundless laughter to the audience, reflecting the enjoyment they experienced during the filming process.

Actress Hwang Se-in, who portrays Na-ra's younger sister, makes her screen debut with this film. She expressed her gratitude for the positive atmosphere on set, particularly as it marked her debut in the world of film.

"I wonder if I'll ever encounter such a wonderful experience in the future. I learned that filmmaking is about collaboration rather than showcasing individual talents,” Hwang said.

Uhm, a well-known comedian in Korea with her YouTube channel Umjirella, said, "When I asked my fellow comedians, everyone agreed that there couldn't be a more enjoyable set than this one."

Exuding confidence in the movie, she added, "Our film is a delight, and I hope it brings laughter to all who watch it."

"30 Days" is set to hit local theaters on Oct. 3.

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2023/09/689_359603.html

*** It is known that recent interviews with “Squid Game 2” actors and production crew staff were conducted in such an awkward atmosphere. It is because Netflix has banned actors and people involved in the production of the drama from making any comments related to the series. OMG - actors can’t even talk about their upcoming work? Expectations for Season 2 are very high but, banning mentions of the new season is a little excessive. The actors of Season 2 are not able to mention the name “Squid Game” even though their appearances have already been announced officially. Sigh..... What if reporters ask them questions about the drama? It's embarrassing if they go speechless all the time. Is Netflix worried that the actors and staff would give spoilers and leak too much information about an unreleased project?  I believe that Netflix’s censorship of “Squid Game 2” has crossed the line.     :cutekitty:

20230922200103244lnmd.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230922200101388

*** On September 25th, Kang Haneul, who is returning to the big screen with the movie ’30 Days,’ had an interview. As the release date approaches, he candidly said, “I don’t feel pressured. I just want to show this film to my parents more than anything else. When you watch this movie, you’ll understand why I couldn’t meet you and keep in touch for so long. It’s like my way of seeking forgiveness.”  When asked about marriage plans, considering the film’s theme, he replied, “My parents haven’t told me to get married soon. It’s not that I want to do more work, but someone once said that as you live, the situation of thinking ‘I should get married’ comes. I don’t think that has happened yet.”  In the past, he has expressed his belief that he had no intention of dating celebrities. He laughed, saying, “That was a long time ago. It became a declaration that I would never date a celebrity. I’m already so busy taking care of myself, and if the other person is in the same line of work, there would be even more to worry about.”  Reuniting with Jung Somin, he said, “I only have pleasant memories of filming ‘Twenty’ with Jung Somin. I heard that Jung Somin was going to be in it and thought it was good. During ‘Twenty,’ we laughed and had fun while shooting. Now, we’re older, and the work has matured, so there’s more depth and experience.”  Reflecting on being cast in Squid Game 2, he said, “It feels like a change for me. Whether it’s ‘Squid Game 2′ or the film ’30 Days’, it’s not significantly different. I know ‘Squid Game’ is an incredible work. I’m grateful to be a part of it, but it’s an extension of the works I must accomplish. People might ask, ‘How can you be the same when starring in ‘Squid Game 2’? But to me, they’re all the same.”  ’30 Days’ will be released on October 3rd.   :happydance:

0003774342_001_20230925113101181.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0003774342

*** Kang Ha-neul and Jung So-min, the cast of the new movie “30 Days”, guested on the September 24th broadcast of SBS’s entertainment program “Running Man”.  n that episode, the 9 members had to find a popular man and a popular woman hiding among them, who had lost their memories in an unexpected accident.   :blush:

20230924185758666esbz.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230924185757776

*** On September 25, Kang Ha Neul was interviewed ahead of the release of the movie "30 Days."  He is known for his upright image, constantly praised by other actors for his kindness. He humbly replied that he doesn’t necessarily think he’s kind but just does his job like everybody else. When the reporter asked him what makes him irritable, he replied that it’s when his house gets dirty when he’s arriving home from work.   :kicks:

w-ChKAJfzQVozmhdp84vEdpO9Wz6bz0-Bt-pVtq8

img_20230925122815_63668310.webp

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/889992

*** In an interview ahead of his upcoming film "30 Days,"  Kang Ha Neul revealed his realizations and experience filming the movie. He gets honest about his relationship and thoughts on marriage. He shared that since he has been living alone for quite some time, he doesn't know what it's like to live with someone, and this is where he gets honest about marriage. Kang Ha Neul seemed to be enjoying his single life for now. And he said that he's proud to show the movie to his parents. As for the saying that you'll know when you are ready if it's the right time and person, he said, "They say that I will meet my marriage partner when the time is right. I have not yet met my destined partner." "30 Days" is set to hit the big screen on October 3.  :happyshakes:

kang-ha-neul.jpg?w=820

Jung So-min Reunites with Kang Ha-neul in Upcoming Romantic Comedy

Actress Jung So-min is expected to show a new comic side of herself in her upcoming film slated for release next week.

"30 Days" deals with the story of a couple who completely lose their memories after a car accident, about a month before their impending divorce.

"I accepted the role as I found the script so fun I couldn't stop reading it. When I watch movies, I don't insist on specific genres only. Likewise, when it comes to acting, rather than worrying about how I look, I'm willing to take on any role without hesitation as long as the script is interesting," Jung said at an event in Seoul early this week ahead of the movie's release.

Jung reunites with actor Kang Ha-neul for the film, about eight years after they appeared in director Lee Byeong-heon's 2015 film "Twenty," which depicts the lives of youngsters just entering their 20s as they pursue their dreams and love lives amid uncertain futures.

"We were in our 20s at the time, and as we meet again in our 30s in '30 Days,' it feels like our story continues," Jung said. "I feel even more comfortable with Kang [now]. It's like meeting an old, good friend again," she added.

The romantic comedy is scheduled to hit theaters on Oct. 3.

credit : Chosun Ilbo

https://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2023/09/29/2023092900200.html

*** Kang Ha Neul appeared on the YouTube show The K-Star Next Door with Jung So Min, his co-star from the upcoming movie "30 Days."  During one of the segments, Jonathan, the host brought out some old pictures of the two actors, as well as some unheard stories from their past. That’s when Kang Ha Neul talked about his “kiss” with  Ji Chang Wook.  He said that he kissed Ji Chang Wook when they worked together in a musical called Thrill Me. During each performance, they kissed “2-3 times.” Funnily enough, he added that Ji Chang Wook is the co-star he has kissed the most in his career so far. He also learned an important lesson through his intimate scenes with Ji Chang Wook — “I realized why men have to shave before kissing,”   :kicks:

MRUfHAESGCjBbz3NMGc8GZEv_tdohVU8Ll0qXUDV

GDOD3yRv1Afy8p7_nDT6rkAuOZ4mPGGPDMOsGV1w