Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

Top 16 JTBC Dramas With The Highest Ratings Ever

*** Please note that these ratings are the highest ratings ever reached, not the dramas' total average ratings.

5. "Itaewon Class" - 16.5%

Itaewon_Class.jpg

The webtoon-based drama that gained prominent global recognition in 2020, claims the third spot on this list with 16.5% ratings. Starring top actors Park SeoJoon and Kim DaMi the youth-themed fast-paced K-Drama was a refreshing story that engrossed the minds of the viewers with its realistic storyline, impressive dialogues, and an OST that many refer to as one of the best.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-12-jtbc-dramas-with-the-highest-ratings-ever/

*** According to the source, a fan who was present on the stage greeting prepared couple headbands for Park Seo Joon and Park Bo Young, who play as a married couple in the movie "Concrete Utopia".  Park Bo Young received the headband and took one for herself, and handed the other to Park Seo Joon. However, he refused to wear it, gesturing that he had sprayed his hair, and it might ruin his hairstyle. Negative reactions poured in. Based on the article, the stage greeting is a place to say thank you to the viewers who came to see the film the artists and staff prepared, but some fans said that the fan service at that time was lacking. The movie will be released in cinemas on August 9.   :kicks:

concrete-utopia.jpeg?w=820

park-seo-joon-2-0708233-780x470.jpeg

source : https://www.insight.co.kr/news/446494

*** On August 5th, at CGV Seomyeon in Busan, during the stage greeting of ‘Concrete Utopia’, Park Seo Joon was unexpectedly hugged by a woman out of the blue that even Lee Byung Hun was shocked. Only the called audience members were supposed to come up to the stage and receive gifts. He appeared flustered and showed a visibly surprised expression but, security personnel intervened to handle the situation. Even while being restrained, the woman attempted to approach Lee Byung Hun also for a hug. He was startled as he took a step back.

Don’t attempt physical contact with actors without their permission.   :omg:

park-seo-joon-2-070823-1.webp

park-seo-joon-2-0708232-1.webp

source : https://www.insight.co.kr/news/446504

[Herald Interview] Park Seo-joon, Park Bo-young say their roles in “Concrete Utopia” similar to real personalities

Actors Park Seo-joon and Park Bo-young said the characters they played in upcoming disaster thriller “Concrete Utopia” are similar to their actual personalities.

Park Seo-joon plays Min-sung, a reliable, seemingly good-hearted neighbor who is sometimes shy and reserved. He is one of the residents of Hwanggung Apartment building No. 103, the only building to have survived a major earthquake.

Min-sung quietly supports Young-tak (Lee Byung-hun) to keep things in order and establish a system after the devastating earthquake hits Seoul. Min-sung never strides ahead in the film, always standing next to his wife Myung-hwa (Park Bo-young) – until he bursts into anger at one point.

“I used to be a person who couldn’t make orders at a cafe and my heart would beat so fast when speaking in front of others. That nature is still in me. I’m still timid and shy and still don’t like going up on the stage or attending ceremonies.

That part of me just didn’t change up until now,” Park told The Korea Herald in an interview on Tuesday.

“It’s ironic that I have become an actor who receives all this attention from public. The funny thing is, I forget everything about my characteristic and nature when I'm acting. Maybe I think too much inside me so the thoughts are expressed through my acting,” he said, adding that he and Min-sung in “Concrete Utopia” are similar, as both normally control their temper patiently, but at some point could explode.

The 34-year-old said he was attracted to Min-sung because he thought he was a very realistic person who seeks harmony with the residents.

“He is a character who I thought shouldn’t express extreme feelings. I interpreted his role in the movie that -- while the center of movie is Young-tak -- Min-sung is in the center of the film’s perspective,” he added.

Park Bo-young, who stars as Min-sung’s wife Myung-hwa, said her character also embodies parts of her.

“Myung-hwa, who is a nurse, is willing to help out others but also sometimes is very stubborn in some situation when she needs to be, very determined in what she trusts, which makes her break through the wall to find the truth about Young-tak in the film,” Park told The Korea Herald in a separate interview Wednesday.

“Myung-hwa is a person I really want to become. In fact, I’m getting closer to that kind of quality after years working as an actor. Before, I was very careful about everything, especially speaking in front of others about my opinion, but I have become less afraid and accept who I am, just being myself,” Park said.

The 33-year-old actor, perceived as someone with loveliness, charms and a girl-like demeanor, said she used to dislike being viewed that way. However, she now feels thankful for the audience’s attention.

“Isn’t it thankful how you, as an actor, have at least one signature image that makes people remember you? So I’ve come to accept public’s perception of Park Bo-young now,” she added.

“Concrete Utopia” hits local theaters Wednesday.

By Kim Da-sol (ddd@heraldcorp.com)

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20230804000569&np=1&mp=1

*** “Concrete Utopia,” one of the four films including “Smugglers,” “Ransomed” and “The Moon” that was expected to revive the Korean film industry, and the one that got the most positive reviews from critics so far, is opening on Wednesday. I hope the movie will do better at the box office.  :kitty:

*** Park Seo Joon has recently been praised for his superb fan service during a movie screening of "Concrete Utopia." As part of the special screening, movie-goers got to meet the stars of the movie after the show concluded. He made every extra effort to make sure fans felt loved. He knelt down for selfies with his fans, smiling warmly for the camera. He was also seen greeting fans politely, even taking their letters and gifts. He has a sweet attitude to fans. For the recent controversy about the "heart pose" & the "headband", I can only say - People acting up due to just "heart pose" & one "headband" - LOL - I think they are just taking the chance to crazily criticize him. What’s the big deal about not doing/wearing those things?   :kaching1:

*** On August 7th, Park Seojoon took to his official fan cafe to write a long message, explaining, "I’m leaving this message after much consideration in case the events may have hurt some people. I was flustered and frustrated when I first learned about it. But I thought my fans would be more distressed than me." He has directly expressed his stance about his recent attitude controversies during stage greetings for his movie 'Concrete Utopia'. He first explained about the incident when a fan approached and hugged him at the movie stage greeting on August 5th, "I was caught off-guard and didn’t realize what was happening at first. I turned around, and someone was already hugging me. There's a strong smell of alcohol and I thought this person made a mistake. Though it was startling, I tried to finish the event in a good mood because she wasn’t the only one in the theater. The guards also apologized to me for not being able to prevent it or do something faster as it happened in the middle of the event and I told them it was alright and not to worry about it. So I hope you also won't be worried about this." Then he touched on the topic of his recent attitude controversy when he refused to wear a headband. In this regard, he said, "With all the stage greetings, I sweat a lot. There are fans who like my hair down, and there are fans who like my hair up, that day I decided to style it up because it’s easier to manage sweat. So I sprayed a lot of hair spray to keep it in place. It was to the extent that it hardly moved as if I was wearing a lid on top of my head. In that state, my scalp hurts a lot when I put something on my hair." He continued, “It might sound like an excuse, but as most of you know, I don’t typically shy away from doing such things. Many expressed their discomfort, thinking I made Boyoung hold the headband awkwardly, but at the time, I didn’t think it was for me. Since it was a gift for Boyoung, I thought the fan (who gave it) would be upset if I take it, but there had been a misunderstanding about this."  :happydance:

20230808_053620_326_n%20fan.jpeg

20230808_053828_588_mize-2.gif

30000864923_1280.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230807185817997?x_trkm=t

*** As Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik's chemistry is good in Strong Woman Do Bong, I'm also most excited to see in  ‘Concrete Utopia’  the on-screen chemistry of Park Bo Young and Park Seo Joon. This is the first time they have acted alongside each other, even playing a couple. Park Seo Joon himself shared that they had chemistry from the moment they met, as they even took wedding photos and played in dating scenes on their first day of shooting. However, it's reported that there won’t be many love scenes between the two. Nonetheless, I still eagerly anticipate their married couple chemistry. They look adorable together.   :emmm:

Park-Bo-Young-Park-Seo-Joon-1-080723-780

Park-Bo-Young-Park-Seo-Joon-1111-080723.

Park-Bo-Young-Park-Seo-Joon-2222-080723.

photos source : Kbizoom

*** On the August 6th episode of MBC’s “King of Mask Singer”, the identity of competitor “The Swimming Cap that Will Make You Fall in Love with My Tight Voice” (literal translation) was revealed to be Peakboy. During the show, he disclosed why BTS V, Park Seo Joon, Choi Woo Sik, and Park Hyung Sik appear in “Gyopo Hairstyle”. “Gyopo Hairstyle” is a self-composed song of Peakboy. Kim Sung Joo then mentioned, “Of course, the song is great, but the MV for ‘Gyopo Hairstyle’ surpassed 1 million views within 4 hours of being released. The cast is truly dazzling—Park Seo Joon, BTS V, Park Hyung Sik, Choi Woo Sik. It’s a star-studded lineup. How did you cast them?”  In response, Peakboy explained, “It wasn’t a formal casting; we’re friends who take care of each other. I’ve been friends with Park Seo Joon since middle school. We went to the same school. We were in the same class during our 2nd and 3rd years. I met Woo Sik when he was very young, when he was just starting out as a rookie. They are all really fun, kind, and good friends. I’m always grateful and reassured by them.”   :cheers:

wooga-1-0708232-284x470.png

wooga-1-0708233-423x470.png

20230807071005750xsso.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230807071003655

*** Producer Na Young Seok expressed his gratitude to Park Seo Joon for coming out on his show upon every request. He talked about him accepting the offer to be on "Three Meals a Day: Mountain Village." The video shows the producer  preparing meal boxes for Park Seo Joon and staff members. Revealing why he is preparing them, he said, “I realized I haven’t expressed thanks to Seo Joon,” and he was seen going to the waiting room to see him with the placard that says, ‘Because I Thank You, Park Seo Joon.’ When Park Seo Joon noticed what’s written on there, he burst into laughter and Young Seok responded, “While we’ve known each other for six years, I have never expressed how thankful I am to you. So, I’m about to be very expressive today. I came to see you first to thank you for what you’ve done for me.” The producer recalled the days of having to call him all of a sudden and explained, “I was in desperate need to cast someone a day before the filming, so I called him and he said yes without hesitation. Hearing him say yes, I was very thankful to him back then.” He added, “Even a day before filming the vacation-themed content, Seo Joon made the first appearance as a guest in that episode.” Seo Joon expressed his disappointment that he could not say much during the show as he almost lost his voice due to the screaming scene in the film "Dream" he was shooting back then. Realizing how thoughtful he was, Young Seok was touched once again, saying, “You came on the show despite being in such a situation. Park Seo Joon came on the show without knowing about the theme." Park Seo Joon responded, “That’s not something I think about much. I prioritize the relationship with people.”   :kaching1:

optimize

source : https://news.mt.co.kr/mtview.php?no=2023080906222031490

*** "She Was Pretty" is currently No. 4 on HBO Max worldwide according to FlixPatrol.  The drama is continuously raking views from the subscribers of the platform, proving the popularity of the K-Drama even years after its broadcast. Also, based on the data from FlixPatrol, the drama is the 5th most popular TV show on HBO Max on August 7, 2023. The drama is part of the top 10 most popular TV shows on HBO Max for countries such as Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, and more.  :happydance:

she-was-pretty-080923-flixpatrol-e169156

she-was-pretty-080823-2.jpg

she-was-pretty-flixpatrol-080823.png

Spoiler

screencapture-flixpatrol-title-she-was-p

*** The Wooga Squad members were there to support their bro during the VIP premiere of "Concrete Utopia" although, only (2) of the members were present. The friendship group’s bond is strong as they always come out to support each other in whatever they do.   :Twerkdatbutt:

1691495062_whatsapp-image-2023-08-08-at-

1691495062_whatsapp-image-2023-08-08-at-

photos source : Pinkvilla

*** The cast of the new movie “Concrete Utopia” guested on the August 8th broadcast of MBC FM4U’s radio “Kim Shin Young’s Noon Song of Hope”.  During the show, Park Seo Joon talked about his new film and his blind date memory with Shin Bong Sun before his debut. When asked how they would react if they were in a real disaster situation like the movie, Park Seo Joon said, “I think I would go out to understand the situation”.  Then Park Seo Joon recalled when he appeared on MBC Every1’s “Infinite Girls” as Shin Bong Sun’s blind date partner before his debut and said, “I remember that time very clearly. I knew nothing about broadcasting back then, so I was impressed by how hard she worked. I remember telling her that I would like to meet her again after my debut. We haven’t had any chance to meet each other again, but I still remember that time. Whenever I think about that memory, I realized how precious it was.”    :kitty:

park-seo-joon-2-080823-502x470.png

20230808163610964jxbt.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230808152330120

*** Getting into character came with one dangerous downside. Park Seo Joon‘s latest project is "Concrete Utopia." To fully get into the character of Min Seong, he underwent a bit of a transformation. During an interview with The Korea Times, he revealed he lost 7 kg (roughly 15 lbs) for the role. However, it came with an unexpected side effect. He confessed, “There were times when I felt dizzy because I lost about seven kilograms for the part."   :heart2:

_6nhYswiKUxuyJulEmP0vhnvvhANbNbgiWnwhEB7

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce-xoJfvAa8/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=72d4d28b-6e08-42c6-891e-555815961365

source : https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2023/08/689_356393.html?utm_source=taboola

6 Successful K-Drama Actors In Their 30s, From Ji ChangWook To Park SeoJun (Part 1)

These Korean actors in their 30s have quite the mighty fan base, that's for sure.

When a K-Drama goes viral, you see more than a multitude of fans gushing over the male and female leads. Because of this, K-Drama actors specifically are almost revered by the K-Drama community. Masterfully edited TikTok video compilations of the male— and female— lead’s best scenes get popular, and more people wish to watch K-Dramas, and the cycle continues.

While we have touched on the successes of K-Drama actresses across different age groups, we have yet to discuss the kings in the reputable industry. The 30s age group is exceptionally popular for having a large number of K-Drama actors with a massive fanbase. So for now, we’ll elaborate on 6 successful K-Drama actors in their 30s, from Ji ChangWook to Park SeoJoon.

6. Park SeoJun

6 Successful K-Drama Actors In Their 30s, From Ji ChangWook To Park SeoJun (Part 1)

Park SeoJun's Instagram

For years now, Park SeoJun has developed something of a cult following for himself. He has been in multiple dramas, and has played many versatile roles. His roles have been witty, humorous or something of a revolution. Remember his characters in “Fight For My Way”, “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim”, “The Divine Fury” and “Itaewon Class”? Those were characters that would be remembered for years and more years to come. Park SeoJun is just that good of an actor, and that’s an indisputable fact. Luckily, he doesn’t seem to be stopping his momentum anytime soon.

Check out the trailer for “Dream” here:

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/6-successful-kdrama-actors-in-their-30s-from-ji-changwook-to-park-seojun-part-1/

• Like 1

[Box office] Movies in theaters this week

“Concrete Utopia”

(South Korea)

Opened Aug. 9

Thriller/Disaster

Directed by Um Tae-hwa

Residents of Hwanggung Apartment building No. 103, the only building that has survived a destructive earthquake, initially see their building as a “utopia,” but it soon devolves into a nightmare.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20230810000762&np=1&mp=1

“Concrete Utopia” Surpasses 1 Million Moviegoers After Topping Box Office For 4 Days In A Row

“Concrete Utopia” Surpasses 1 Million Moviegoers After Topping Box Office For 4 Days In A Row

The star-studded new film “Concrete Utopia” is off to an impressive start at the box office!

Ever since its release on August 9, the new disaster thriller starring Lee Byung Hun, Park Seo Joon, and Park Bo Young has enjoyed an uninterrupted four-day streak at No. 1 at the Korean box office.

On August 13, the Korean Film Council announced that as of the day before (August 12), “Concrete Utopia” had officially reached a total of 1,118,508 moviegoers—meaning that it took just four days to hit the 1 million mark.

A post-apocalyptic thriller about the aftermath of a devastating earthquake, “Concrete Utopia” follows the story that begins when the survivors gather at Hwang Goong Apartments, the only building left standing in an earthquake-ravaged Seoul.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Concrete Utopia”!

Concrete-Utopia-1-Million.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1606785wpp/concrete-utopia-surpasses-1-million-moviegoers-after-topping-box-office-for-4-days-in-a-row