[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

Guest evewadam

cynkdf said: @evewadam, re people talking about him - Gwangsoo is also adored by some Secret fans who post on the Open Thread section at Dramabeans. One funny line that I read is by Lilly: "If Min Hyeoke ends up in jail for something I expect poor Gwang-soo to be sitting right beside him."
Not sure if this is his official twitter:
https://twitter.com/Woongssss

@katekate07 -  YES! You said what I've been thinking - every episode, I think "that was the best, it's probably gonna go downhill now" (my experience with K-dramas has taught me not to expect too much) but OH MY GOD, it just keeps getting better! It's like this writer is inside my head but in reality, she's just letting things flow naturally - nothing forced and no cliche crap thrown in just for fan-service. It's incredible. 
I also cried watching YJ see her Father on the video and then run out into the street. AND when they showed MH flashing back to the laundry scene with San. Great use of flashbacks - very well done! I have full faith in the writer, director, PD, and the actors that going forward everything will be great. I may be off on some of my guesses but I feel like I won't be disappointed. 
@cynkdf - I'd help you beat that person up but there's no point - it's their loss. I'm just very happy that everyone in this thread recognizes excellent acting, directing and writing. This drama is great story-telling and it's the way it should be done. I wish I could write in hangul, I'd love to send a letter directly to the writer myself to let them know how brilliant this is. 
tumblr_mc60wr4r1B1rw4q79.gif

d0137 said: So far so good, loving or hating the characters on this dramas means writer, actors and directors are delivering what they aim for and the actors and actresses are playing their parts very well and messing with our emotions when we think real life  situations.... we love it really so we stick around for more suffering and frustrations  ;)
I was looking for a good drama to watch and stumble upon this one... very pleased... any other suggestions (recent ones??)

@charlie and @mizkorea  - many thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'd edit this to try to respond (kinda watching Barcelona v Real Madrid -  Xabi Alonso isn't playing  otherwise I'd not be online  (OT, sorry)
@evewadam, I am 99% sure that is Choi Woong's Official Twitter because Park Ki Woong (Choi was in Bridal Mask) tweeted him on 6 Sep :) 
@tessieroo, the writer(s) used Wuthering Heights (albeit in Korean)  - my hunch is that his/her command of English is better than a lot of us (including mine). What do you think?  Am curious to know how many K-dramas mention/reference a classic Western novel.

If someone stands in the line of being hit by the "Hyudai Truck of Doom (ekvivalent with DH)"

Do you just walk up to them and peck your finger on there back saying

Please move out of the way or you will get hit by that HUGE truck.

No you dont you grab clothers arms hair or what ever to get them out of harms way.

Well apart from Mh missing her like crazy, Mh sees that truck of doom coming

thats why he goes to the countryside and when she isnt following he threats DH

Cause she is still in denial of sort, she still thinks atleast DH is a nice good guy

doing good deeds thats worthy of her protection.

She is the kind of person that rather suffer under missunderstandings

then let any person in her vecinity suffer for any reason, that just who she is.

MH knows he just as he said

I want you to tell me from your own mouth, what happened that night.

Here I dont see it different then when I myself have threathend my kids

when they dont see the danger you see so well

like I smack your fingers if you try and touch that dangerous thing

If thats abuse I rather be an abusive parent then have dead kids.

Guest dramalibrarian

Finally up to date.
After episode 10, can I say I dislike SY even more and MH understands her so well. She's superficial and MH sees right through her.
No change with DH, still just as despicable.
And it hurt me to see YJ being told off by DH because she came back to work in the restaurant, I wonder what the scenario would have been if he knew she came back to protect him from being fired (even though that was just MH's ploy to get her to leave with him).
I'm glad YJ's eyes are finally opened, and hopefully she can stop with the sacrifices.
MH is worrying me, I didn't like his cough or pasty pallor at the end of episode 10. Please don't let him get YJ's love at the end only to die of an illness.
Still not sure if MH's stepmom is his real mom or not, but she momentarily looked happy when he called her mom in front of SY's mom, even though it was in a tone meant to rub both women up the wrong way.
I don't think MH's stepmom is as bad as MH made her out to be, and there must be a reason for why she stuck to MH's dad besides money. For starters, I get the feeling that she likes to be frugal if there is a way to be frugal for people with tons of money!  When MJ wanted all those expensive handbags it looked like she would have bought her daughter one but when MJ said she wanted several that's when Madam Hong suggested getting the counterfeits, again with MH's wedding I thought what she said to SY's mom was actually quite reasonable, why on earth would you only want people you don't know or like at your son's wedding, and since MH's family is already forking out for the expense why should they also donate away the congratulatory money from the guests too. And even if they do donate it isn't it up to their family and not the in-laws. MH's stepmom didn't feel like a woman who would senselessly use MH's dad's money despite MH saying she married his dad for his money.
Which is where the difference between MJ's and SY's attitude struck me, I know Madam Hong was horrible to JH and YJ, but for whatever reason unbeknownst to us so far she wants MH to marry well, so perhaps her attitude is due to that. But when I see MJ's behaviour to YJ and KS there was none of the rich heir snobbishness that you can feel from SY on many occasions. So Madam Hong didn't raise MJ up to be a stuck up little rich girl. I'm itching to know Madam Hong's secret if there is one.
With all the reference to Wuthering Heights I get a little worried that YJ's sacrificial love and SY's destructive love will consume those around them. We already know what YJ's love cost her, the death of her father and the disappearance of her son, not to mention her own future; so I'm worry that SY's destructive love may take away MH.
I'm in no doubt DH will go to jail at the end. I think the beginning of episode two is a glimpse of what to come. But I want to know what he went to jail for now. Just hope it wasn't for the death of either YJ or MH.

Guest fantast1k1

Since you good folks are analyzing practically everything you can about Secret, do you think  there's any significance in the fact that the song sung by YJ while in solitary confinement (?) - "Because I Love You" is the same song sung (OK virtually massacred @tessieroo I am not totally blind about BSB, see ?) by DH on the day he proposed to YJ.

As we can all see DH has turned evil but initially I believe he loved YJ but not as much as he loves himself.  One wrong decision on that fateful day .... 

Aha! Another difference between Yoo Jung and Do Hoon...as pointed out by YJ's friend and Min Hyuk...love yourself first before you love other people...giving all your love almost always doesn't have a good result.

Especially for fans of BSB :)  @Logicalsong (one of BSB's most loyal Korean fans, we are truly blessed to have her in the BSB thread)  visited BSB on the Secret set together with two other members of SoobeenPortal.
OK, I was advised to post Logicalsong's account here - great advice because I want as many people as possible to know what a special person BSB is:
Posted by Logicalsong:

Hi there

I've been to Secret set to cheer up our guy Soobin lasy night with two other Soobeen Portal members

We met him and had a really long and detailed talk. I also told him that the responses of fans including yours, and he said many thanks to fans who enjoy the drama.

Will drop a few pics here, 

(pics of BSB, Choi Woong, DH's mama :)  DH's papa :) )

As you might guess, the supporting event was held at late night. Due to the hectic and postponed schedule, we were told that we had only Friday night for the event on the day before yesterday. So we had to change our plans to the great extent. Thankfully we could arrange the coffee cart and picked up the sandwiches for 120 staffs, which got doubled on the very day. Anyway, that's because the way K-drama is being shot.  

Greatest thing was that after his shooting, Soobin and his manager offered his van for three of us to go back home at that midnight. So we could fully enjoy more than 2 hours of exclusive talking with him. Ladies, I swar. It's really, really special experience. I have been fortunate to meet him and talk in person because of his open minded and down to earth attitude, but going back home with him in the van where he needed a relaxation after 24 hours shooting and the next day morning schedule beginning at 5 am? I can preach to the world that he is such a great guy as well as great actor. 

I want to talk about our conversation taking more time, for I am still feeling like dreaming. It was such an insightful and great conversation and communication. I think I am really a lucky fan to have him as my star. I don't want to boast of my luck or my rare experience as a manager of his fan site, But I want as many people as possible to know that BSB is a such a great actor, being such a nice and warm-hearted person in real life can portary such a villain so naturally. And he is extraordinary special person.

Will talk to you later again. I brought the pics for you to share at FB BSB page and Baidu bar. Just keep the logo and the reference, please.

There will be some other but similar Soobin's pics on our site, soobeen portal later on.

Bt6Md8Q.jpg

uMM4NEa.jpg

October 24, 2013
‘Secret’ Receipt Found By Hwang Jung Eum
Source: KDramaStars.com
The popular drama "Secret" is predicting a love line between Hwang Jung Eum and Ji Sung.
On the 9th episode of KBS 2TV Wednesday/Thursday "Secret" (Script Yoo Bo Rah, Choi Ho Chul, Director Lee Eung Bok, Paek Sang Hoon, Secret Culture Professional Industry Company, Contents K Production) broadcast on October 23rd, Kang Yoo Jung (played by Hwang Jung Eum) was surprised looking at the receipt in her dad's jacket.
Until now, Kang Yoo Jung was suspicious of Jo Min Hyuk (played by Ji Sung) regarding his disappearance.  However, he now realized that Ahn Do Hoon (played by Bae Soo Bin) was related to his dad missing in action through this receipt in the jacket.
For a very short while, Kang Yoo Jung's expression changed, but this 'receipt' may be the concluding evidence to show Ahn Do Hoon's real identity.
Netizens responded, "'Secret' receipt, Waiting for the turn in event," "'Secret' Receipt, Finally Ji Sung and Hwang Jung Eum?"
"Secret" is a traditional mellow between a man who believed that there was no love and a woman who had been betrayed by love. "Secret" broadcast on October 23rd had 15.3% in nationwide ratings (Neilsen Korea) and has recorded first place.

Guest fantast1k1

Hello all. Here's something that's bothered me enough to finally register on Soompi.

Questions: How can MH recall YJ's clothesline incident with San at the prison? Was he watching them then as well (perhaps from the watchtower)? 
And why does he look so downcast after the flash-back? Perhaps he's got San after all.

Don't know if someone already answered your question because I'm just quoting as I'm back reading...

If you look at the scenes again, the frame includes the watch tower...if San was merely smiling at the clouds, wouldn't the shot be just the clouds? Duh duh dan!

@dramalibrarianI agree with the your comments about stepmom as there is something she is hiding and is not necessarily a bad thing... getting the fake bags (which showed she was familiar with YJ's friends and seamed rather fine with it) and the wedding conversation situation made me think that she might have had rough times in the past and perhaps if she really is MH real mum this could have been why she had to give him away at early age or something...she also smiled when heard MH dad asked his assistant to get DH info ready so they can destroy him if it comes to that... she seams to love her "fake daughter" but she does give away whenever she says "MUM DID YOU ADOPT ME??" hummm darling, you don't even know you just hit the Jackpot!! poor girl, that is another secret that when revealed will bring tears ....Wonder if she swap babies so that the son could be seen and treated as legitimate and not pointed at as an illegitimate child/heir...this could well be it if they are same age, are they??? Anyone knows if they happen to be same age??
As per DH prison sentence, we all want it to happen, we are all waiting for that moment whatever the reason he must be unmasked and rot in there >:) and you could be right dramalibrarian, but we could be surprised and he could go to jail for no less than the death of SY (if he is all that clever he should know that she does not like him as a man)...question is when she holds hands with him to destroy MH will he later on still understand and accept this? or will he go Berserk and kill her because she will still confess her eternal love for MH for all her reasons, some of them distorted including him being born with the right parents line which is likely to infuriate him ?? and then of try to blame the murder on MH ???

If the story takes this turn perhaps he will go slight looney 8-}  and ask YJ to take the blame yet again telling her : you know i didn't do it don't you, he did it lol!!! well if this happens he will have to declare himself to be officially insane since she can see right through him and will not make the same mistake again ...