[Drama 2013~2014] Golden Rainbow 황금무지개

Guest yeohweping

moodypie said:I don't really know what's the logic behind, well, there arent any from the start when DY became "dark".But I think DY actually thought that was the only way to stop his father, and he was going through an immense pressure.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@fairy1996 and @ucieh you are cracking me up with the blacklist comments. If I wasn't wary of the writers after MayQueen, I will now stay away from any of their future shows (unless someone fabulous is in it).

I agree with you, @moodypie about the warehouse scene. It was an unexpected, horrible twist, but tense, gripping and well-acted. Watching with full subs helped. If you try to think about DY's mindset - he definitely was not sane and he thought this was the only solution. Well, we can analyze this into the ground or just blame the writers (heehee).

I will watch JIW and Uee future projects. And yes, ban and blacklist this writers future works.

It's been a pleasure sharing thoughts, rants and loves on this board. Hope to see you around on other boards.

lnmissng said:

I agree with you, @moodypie about the warehouse scene. It was an unexpected, horrible twist, but tense, gripping and well-acted. Watching with full subs helped. If you try to think about DY's mindset - he definitely was not sane and he thought this was the only solution. Well, we can analyze this into the ground or just blame the writers (heehee)

One last thought about warehouse scene and I'll shut up.

DY had to do something so over the top and surprisingly crazy to shock and awe his devil father. Then we can have those super satisfying scenes of BH in jail and the looney bin. Too bad too little of BH suffering, but at least finally paying for all his crimes.

YAAAAY! I GOT THE CATEGORY FOR GOLDEN RAINBOW! WE CAN CREATE OTP SCENES NOW! I had to post a little something to get the forum to go public (i think), but there seems to be an error for the actual page for it. So i emailed the support team again to fix it. Hope you guys will stay tuned for it to be fixed so you can post stories :-bd My story-----> https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10242622/1/Golden-Rainbow
Update: IT'S WORKING NOW :)

Hi @orangeprincess18!!Yess...believe it or not..you were in my dream last night...WOW!We were like paying attention very closely to your live recap...just amazing hahahahaha :DWhen I woke up...aahhh..it was a dream, wish there was a special episode...
It is a right timing, isnt it? just right after the GR has ended...everything happens for a reason :)

class="titleNews"[interview] After School’s Uee Speaks Up on Acting as an Idol62783002.jpg

‘Kim Baek Won’ from MBC’s recently ended drama Golden Rainbow is an optimistic character. Despite all the difficulties she faced, she smiled at the rainbow in the end.

Taking the role of ‘Kim Baek Won,’ After School’s Uee seemed to have learned and felt many things. During a recent interview with Newsen, Uee said, “I still can’t believe the drama is over. I just feel so thankful for all the viewers who watched until the end.”

“When I acted in Jeon Woochi after acting in a longer and slower paced drama, I realized how conceited I was. I was not at all used to the fast paced filming throughout the nights and getting scripts at the last minute. I felt my own shortcomings and it almost led to a trauma in acting. I even avoided mini series for awhile,” confessed Uee.

“So I was happy to be filming Golden Rainbow. A girl group member has never filmed a weekend drama twice before so many people were worried, but I didn’t want to let go of the role of ‘Kim Baek Won,’ and decided on the drama without much difficulty,” she said.

The result was a success. Uee thanked the senior actors for helping her to regain her confidence.

“I was lucky to have met them,” she said. “Filming was fun, but I gained more passion in acting as I learned from the seniors. I also gained the ability to film through the night and deal with scripts that come out at the last minute. I’m thankful for all the seniors for teaching me without being strict. We were literally like a family. I’m going to visit Park Won Sook’s beach house soon.”

Uee didn’t try to make her image as a girl group member in her acting by trying to look pretty.

She said, “I probably couldn’t act if I cared about that. My goal was to try not to look pretty. I tied my hair back, didn’t change my clothes often and didn’t put on a lot of make up. That was one of the reasons why I chose ‘Kim Baek Won.’ I wanted to act out an easygoing character. But if I try to look pretty then the viewers wouldn’t understand the character. So I didn’t want to look pretty.”

“I am aware of what my weaknesses are. I realized how important it to be detailed with acting through Golden Rainbow. I’ve heard that I’m good at ‘crying,’ but nothing more. I need to be able to put the feeling of sadness into crying. I will be focusing on improving my acting skills.”

Uee hopes to continue to stay active on screen and on stage. “I finally have the room to relax after five years since debuting. I’ve taken the bright and optimistic roles until now, but I’d like to take on many different roles in the future.”

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/62783/interview-afterschool-uee-talks-about-acting-in-golden-rainbow

Guys,Does anyone notice this scene below?I am sorry for the image, my first time posting a picture on a thread (thanks to @fairy1996 for teaching me :) )
Look at DY's hand, he was trying to cover BW's head from the rain...idk, whether it was on the script or just a spontaneous reaction.I wonder it was DY or Il Woo's gesture :D 

1977383_254698238035115_886284964_n.jpg

ucieh said:
Guys,Does anyone notice this scene below?I am sorry for the image, my first time posting a picture on a thread (thanks to @fairy1996 for teaching me :) )
Look at DY's hand, he was trying to cover BW's head from the rain...idk, whether it was on the script or just a spontaneous reaction.I wonder it was DY or Il Woo's gesture :D 

@princessviolet,yesss...I was looking at that scene below the tree...but I wasnt sure if they touched each other's hands.and they did :D
here's another one...but I think it was on the script though....DY was about to pinch BW's cheek...OMG...how cuteeee :) :)

10176109_254699238035015_1928408842_n.jp

AddictedToDramas said: This week will be our first week without GR. How depressing. Out of all the couples i have shipped, only one has sailed ><" Hopefully, this one will be my second. Tbh, i have never seen the people i ship interact that much in their BTS. Mostly it's just: kiss, walk away. They never say anything to each other after especially not 'You're pretty' lol I could tell he was playing around, but she blushed. Unless you were extremely close to somebody, you wouldn't just call them pretty so casually (?). Ughhh, now i can't concentrate on God's Gift 14 Days because i can't get over this drama, i actually started that drama while i was watching Golden Rainbow :) I have watched half of episode 41 but i couldn't make it past part 2 without crying so... i kind of closed to tap to spare me the grief, my try again next week after i re-cover. 

Finished the last two eps with eng sub and I must say that DY was a true hero!

He was the man behind the BW’s success in gaining back what truly hers. He fulfilled his promise to Grandma. To my surprise, he was willing to accompany Big Head to be imprisoned. WOW. What a sacrifice! I’m so touched with DY’s character (I kinda feel bad to hate him during his dark transformation) and idk, was there a hero like him in other K-dramas who has gone through deep pain and misery like this. Well, I haven’t seen one so far.

Remember in my previous post I asked about the possibility of someone’s surviving once the heart line goes flat (on the EKG). After watching the eps with eng sub…I finally found the answer why DY survived from death. It’s because BW begged HJ appa to save DY :(( :(( and HJ appa negotiated with Heaven to spare DY’s life because BW really needed him. Thanks to HJ appa! It’s like HJ appa gave his blessings to DY and BW and I better stop here…

Just like @fairy1996 said, it was a miracle!

1233561_254877601350512_1849151964921589

ucieh

said:

Feel so empty…what a terrible feeling!!

[iNDEED ! -.-' idk what to do today. it's like my routine for saturday and sunday.]

It will take some time to get over GR since it’s been 5 months long and most of us love the OTP dearly.  So…yeahhh…just hang on to that :D while looking for other K-dramas to watch and in search for another cute OTP.

[EXACTLY :(( ]

I am currently watching GG, Three days and BOTC. Though I am so behind with the episodes but it’s strange that I find it more lightly in watching them, considering the suspense and mystery genre for the first two. Not so much emotions involved when I watch these and I can handle the cliffhangers.

I am planning to watch SBS’ weekend drama (thanks to Running Man) and hopefully it can boost me up and fill my weekend emptiness after GR. Nonetheless, DY and BW couple (BaekDo – Violent couple) is number one on my OTP list.

[*sorry. a lil bit off topic*
Lol. Running man? do you mean Angel Eyes?? :D kekeke ;)) i have no idea it's Goo Hye Sun. >.< I mean, "whattt? Goo Hye Sun in Angel Eyes?". I've been missing her after Please Captain and B.O.F ~ So, im planning to watch it. :D ]

Same here, I cant watch their heartbreaking episodes and may never....so what a waste of episodes really.

[meeeee tooo :(( ]

@evie7,  you're right...GR's  production team gave us such an unforgettable OTP and great casts!

:-bd yes. definitely right ! agree ~ :D

Archived