[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Hello!!

This is the last call for all spartacers to PM their email ids to me. Whoever wants the Spartace/Spartacer name in our official color and their own names in that color can go ahead and PM their usernames and email-ids. I do know that you are all busy and that this contest has stretched out, but this is the last thing I am asking, lol.

Please do send me the details. And in case if you have received a PM from me asking to submit, but are not interested(it's completely fine, btw!!), please send a corresponding response. It will avoid the wait. And those shippers who I may have forgotten in the list of PMs, but would like to still get the colors, please do send me an email with your details! Every shipper active/inactive is equally important, but there are other ships waiting in line too to get their colors.

Thank You!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, androkia91 said:

Hello!!

This is the last call for all spartacers to PM their email ids to me. Whoever wants the Spartace/Spartacer name in our official color and their own names in that color can go ahead and PM their usernames and email-ids. I do know that you are all busy and that this contest has stretched out, but this is the last thing I am asking, lol.

Please do send me the details. And in case if you have received a PM from me asking to submit, but are not interested(it's completely fine, btw!!), please send a corresponding response. It will avoid the wait. And those shippers who I may have forgotten in the list of PMs, but would like to still get the colors, please do send me an email with your details! Every shipper active/inactive is equally important, but there are other ships waiting in line too to get their colors.

Thank You!

where should i send it

• Like 1

Guest athoughtcloud1

Found another interpretation of this scene on baidu and somehow I feel it makes better sense. Could be because we rely on eng subs that we didn't catch it.

They are saying the letter JH wants the name to start with is not 'j' (  ), but 'ji' ( 지 ). The hangul captions mention only 'j' (  ) , but the 5 names that Jin Goo gives to JH all start with 'ji' -   Jin Goo, Ji Hyo ,Ji Suk Jin, Ji Soo and Jin Sil. The condition JH gives (based on the cue card) could have been for someone whose name starts with 'ji' to give five names that start with 'ji'. Perhaps the reason why Jae Suk (who seems to have already seen the cue card) stresses on how JH is going to be very precise is to alert the members (the words Jae Suk uses to say JH is going to be very precise are 'Ji Hyo jinja something' which both have 'ji') to the exact letter JH is going to use. Before, there have been games where 'j' was the common letter given for the members (usually in writing) to guess the spy (i think), so JS might be alerting them to listen carefully to the exact sound JH is going to make since there is a difference between ji and j (JK is qualified to go if the name starts with 'j' (), but not with 'ji' ( 지 ) ).

I think Gary and JSJ got it (perhaps on their own or from the production team on the left) and JSJ looks like he wants to tell JK or is hoping JK got it as well. JK though is looking straight and though he says 'does it start with ji' perhaps thinks 'j' is also okay (i am not sure what JK says here exactly). Once he starts moving, if you listen carefully, the cast members start whispering 'jin goo' alerting JK to what actually JH said. JK then says 'ottokke' or something once he realises he interpreted it wrong. JH starts staring straight at JG and then her smile becomes awkward as her eyes dart to left and right seeing JK also moving. JK comes back and Gary explains to him what it was and JK's smile which we are shown at the beginning with the caption (is it a mistake? or did she really mean it?) is his response to that - he looks embarrassed and is smiling (a bit awkwardly) realizing his mistake. Perhaps KS also went after JK to tell him that. As per the rules of the game then, only JSJ and JG were eligible. JSJ who must have realised that the production team wanted JG to get chosen by JH didn't even try to go for it. I guess the editing team didn't want to present it as JK's mistake and so the captions only focused on 'j' and not 'ji'. The members may be feeling awkward about it since they know why JK went for it (especially Jae Suk's expressions).

If this interpretation is right , then sadly, I don't think we have reached a stage where the production team is thinking of pairing spartace up.

@athoughtcloud1 That sounds like the far more likely explanation.There are so many things I miss since I have to rely on subtitles. But after all, WAIL is still filming even if MC has ended, so to suddenly start promoting spartace might undermine WAIL. I think we really have to wait until it finishes airing before we see where the staff is headed with love lines. It was also weird that the staff would be willing to leave the male guest (who they're presenting as irresistible to women) without a female partner. 

Still, I maintain that you can't call them siblings when KJK is so willing to take "I like someone whose name starts with ji" as referring to himself. Actually, its even worse than if she had said "I like someone whose name starts with J" because he's hearing things the way he wants to. 

• Like 3

Guest athoughtcloud1
10 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

@athoughtcloud1 That sounds like the far more likely explanation.There are so many things I miss since I have to rely on subtitles. But after all, WAIL is still filming even if MC has ended, so to suddenly start promoting spartace might undermine WAIL. I think we really have to wait until it finishes airing before we see where the staff is headed with love lines. It was also weird that the staff would be willing to leave the male guest (who they're presenting as irresistible to women) without a female partner. 

Still, I maintain that you can't call them siblings when KJK is so willing to take "I like someone whose name starts with ji" as referring to himself. Actually, its even worse than if she had said "I like someone whose name starts with J" because he's hearing things the way he wants to. 

We went by the captions which only mentioned 'j'. But for the chinese fans who may be more familiar with the korean sounds compared to us who think in terms of english letters and sounds, such things may be easier to catch. The captions only mentioned 'j, so we didn't really see a need to investigate it further. But this one makes more sense since Jin Goo could have as well mentioned Jong Kook and Jae Suk if the letter was 'j' (why try hard to find other names when the cast already have two guys whose names start with 'j?'). Though the subs have translated Ji Soo and Jin Sil as earth and truth, there are actors with names like that, so I think Jin Goo is actually giving 5 names starting with 'ji'.

The cast could have openly shouted to JK "it is ji, so you don't qualify". That they did it only in whispers tells me they felt it must be awkward for JK perhaps because of other reasons. I think our interpretation of the rueful expression on KS' face is true, but perhaps it was for another reason. The things that happened were a bit awkward for everyone involved and so the cast reacted that way, but the awkwardness was due to other reasons. No wonder Jae Suk was looking not really excited once JH chooses JG. JS must have mentioned the 'precise part' especially for JK to hear since he was the only guy whose name started with 'j' (since Jae Suk was already out of the race) who had a chance of misinterpreting it. But JK who must have naturally assumed he had a chance since it was JH didn't quite get it. 

I don't think they are siblings. LOL Which sibling would look at his sister's face to know her reaction after showing off his abs at fanmeets? That is the thing that pops up in my head whenever I hear the sibling theory. Hehe

Lol I don't think they're siblings either. I have older brothers and that is definitely not how we treat each other lol. But I can understand that some people don't want to complicate RM with ships and therefore write spartace off as siblings. I won't ever tell someone who thinks spartace is siblings that they're wrong (since I could be wrong too) but part of the reason i follow these two is so I can prove I'm right. Also because I think they're great together. And I really want the liger theory to end up being true. 

I noticed that JG didn't use KJK's name either. And the actors names make more sense. The subtitles confused me at that part, but I just assumed it was a confusion in translation and his answer met her criteria.

I'm surprised that YJS knew KJK would misinterpret "ji" as "j". Do they sound really similar? And on rewatch, it sounds like KJK says "'Ji'? Did you say 'ji'?" before moving forward, which would mean he did know what she said. But what do i know. Im attuned to English.

Also, I feel like @athoughtcloud1 and I are taking up this whole thread. Other people please give your input too!

• Like 3

@athoughtcloud1 and @linzer03,

Also a point to be noted is that in hangul, the alphabet 'j' or ㅈ is referred to as ji-eut, just like the alphabet k or ㄱ is called as gi-yeok.

So, she could have been saying as she likes the people who start with ji-eut as well. Further reference:

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/korean.htm

Sorry for adding to the confusion!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, linzer03 said:

It was also weird that the staff would be willing to leave the male guest (who they're presenting as irresistible to women) without a female partner. 

I knew JH was supposed to be paired up with JG the day they filmed this couple race episode. Then came netizens posted pictures of them doing the shopping mission. Since it's a couple race and JG is the only male guest, it's impossible to pair him up with the female guest. The staffs won't make a guest-and-guest pairing since this is their first time appearing in RM. So, the biggest possibility goes to JH. And also, our Sparta and Ace are still the ultimate combo in RM. It'll need more than that type of couple race to beat them (they should do something like the dangerous couple in ep 244!).

But however, seeing JK's intention to become JH's partner is heart-warming. LOL, I keep replying the scene. Unfortunately, they didn't make a birthday surprise scene for JK (or they actually did, but decided not airing it).

• Like 6

Guest athoughtcloud1

JK is with Hong Jin Young and JH seems to be with Zico (based on the comment I read on insta). I like HJY. She is chirpy and fun! No idea about zico. Hope we get a good episode.

@androkia91 That makes sense. Based on that reference, JK actually had a chance. That is why JK might have gone forward even knowing it was 'ji'. He may not have thought it could be interpreted in just one way and the rest of the guys might have been trying to point that out to him.  I wonder what the intention of the team was - were they actually giving JK a chance or whether they wanted it to be JG all along? If JK had actually gone forward and argued that technically his name fit the criterion, would the PD have listened to him?

@linzer03 I also think it is better not to go after non-shippers and force them to see things from our POV. They have a right to their opinion and not everybody is comfortable with the idea of shipping celebs. We believe what we believe!

I agreed with athoughtcloud1. We really cannot force them to see from our POV and they believed MC will be back again after 5 June (the last episode of WGM). But from my POV, I don't think the New PD will bring MC back to the show again after the Brain Scan episode or else it is just waste of time to do the show.

Agreed with linzer03 I also hope the LIGER theory end up being true.

I also noticed that they will focus on JH after JK dance and 2nd time during JK trying to answer Kim Ji Won question (end up sound like Pikachu.

I don't know why Jae Suk commented that JH is very precise. What is his point? I am confuse at this part actually.

Maybe it is his birthday, so the PD is trying to make fun of JK by using JH to say he likes ppl name start with "J"? (maybe I am thinking too much). But anyway, we are happy enough that JK did make the move initially but stop and let the guest to go ahead.

I love the latest episode and hope that the NEW PD will focus more on the games and the members themselves.

No love line is good. We want the real love line.

Edited by IVY YEO
  • Like 4

Guest athoughtcloud1

@IVY YEO I also find the scene confusing, but based on the chinese fans' interpretation and kia's input, this is what I think:

I get the feeling it was the production team which decided for JH and naturally, they wanted JH to be partnered with the hot male guest. However, the words on JH's cue sheet had a chance to be interpreted in two ways - either as standing only for names starting with 'ji' (which would mean JK couldn't participate in the race) or standing in general for 'ji-eut' which androkia tells us is another way to reference the letter 'j' (which would mean JK could participate in the race). Yoo Jae Suk's clue where he pointed to how JH was going to be very precise about her wording and specifically used words which had 'ji' in them (Ji Hyo jinja) enunciating them clearly was his way of telling the cast members to perhaps choose the first interpretation over the second (that is how I read it). The production team, I assume, wanted to narrow the field of candidates for JH and may not have wanted JK to be thrown into the mix - what if JK, the competitor he was, made it before JG making it hard for JH to choose JG over JK? On the other hand, a race between JG and JSJ was a foregone conclusion - there was no way JH was going to choose JSJ over JG. However, JK either didn't get that the first interpretation was the one the production team was aiming for or chose to ignore it. Once he started moving, the cast members perhaps reminded him that he was not eligible and so he moved back. Did JH think JK was going to participate in the race? I am not sure. My feeling is that she didn't expect him to interpret it that way and so didn't quite know what to do once he started moving along with JG.

While I admit that there was a reason for JK to interpret the wording of JH's criterion that way, the very fact that he decided to participate in the race shows that something was different this time. Would JK have given himself the chance when the MC loveline was on? I don't think so. Now that MC loveline is no longer there and it was his birthday,perhaps JK thought the production team was giving him a chance to partner JH even with the guest and all.

Like you, I also noticed how there were close up shots of JH's reaction to JK doing something twice in this episode. That is a good thing, right? They could have edited it out if they wanted to, yet they chose to air it.

Tell everyone a piece of news i see today in wb that rm fanmeeting in 2016 will begin in China from August to December(but time isn't exact confirmed now),including five cities:Beijing,Shanghai,Guangzhou,Nanjing and Chendu.As we all know,fanmeetings (especially china fm)are prepared for fans,and they will prepare some amazing 'presents'for fans,such as MC's bobo last year.So i have to think that if they will have something unexpected things to show for us soon.

• Like 4

@athoughtcloud1 and @linzer03,

Going with what @androkia91 said, JH actually does say that she likes someone whose name starts with ㅈ (J), not 지 (Ji). You can clearly hear her say 지읒, ji-eut. Also, when the members repeated what she said, they all said ㅈ, ji-eut. This means to me that it really could've been JSJ, KJK, or JG.

Also, I can see KS just going out to pretend like his name started with J like JangSoo or something dumb like that. However, it is weird that many members look stunned than excited for JG. Perhaps, they were also sensing the danger of revealing Spartace relationship? :)

Whatever the case is, we can still safely assume that JH could have meant KJK. If KJK actually went out before JG, maybe JH would have chosen him instead. We can only imagine. ;) 

• Like 7

@WhasianDaddy Thank you so much for clarification. I always hate how limited I am with my understanding of other languages.

I don't know if LKs was going out to pretend that his name with "JangSoo". His expression wasn't plotting and he wasn't very aggressive since he was moving slowly behind KJK. I think LKS was moving either to stop KJK or to make sure it wouldn't be weird that only KJK and JG were moving. 

That being said, there was definitely something weird about the members reactions to the situation before and after, like they knew it was going to get KJK's hopes up and they were going to have to stop him. I find it strange that so many of them would know that the PDs intended to pair JG and SJH but KJK wouldn't know. Even though I'm the one who suggested it, I find it hard to believe that the PDs would be willing to pair up KJK with SJH while there's a male guest and I can't really see the RM members planning to mess with the guest in order for KJK and SJH to pair up (that'd be too obvious). But JSJ at least definitely looked at KJK before SJH said anything, so I think JSJ did know that KJK was going to try to partner with her. The thing that makes this strange is that we know this takes place on KJK's birthday. And even if birthdays aren't as big of a deal as you get older, you still give yourself a little leeway to do things you wouldn't normally do. So maybe KJK wanted to do it for himself (and say something like "It's my birthday, don't make me pair up with another guy" as an excuse), and the other RM members knew he wanted to do that. But KJK is pretty good at separating work from his personal life and I can't see him wanting to fight the guest for SJH...

What we do know (tell me if you disagree with any of these): For some reason KJK wanted to be partnered with SJH that day. He thought that "I like a person whose name begins with J" applied to him. And the RM cast was really awkward after (and right before) SJH and JG paired up.

• Like 7

@linzer03 I most definitely agree that something was up. There is a close-up of JSJ's face as JG started moving forward and he looked really uncomfortable. Was he disappointed that it wasn't him? (I really don't think that.) Or was there something that he knows that we don't know?

Whatever the reason, we can't simply disregard this awkwardness that was going around on the show.

• Like 5

Also, I finally found an eng sub of KJK's parts in the first episode of Dong Ge Long Dong Qiang (I've been waiting for someone to sub his parts so I'm happy). But in the first episode, it shows KJK, HH, JSJ, LKS, and SJH in the back room of a 2014 fanmeet in Indonesia talking about KJK's appearance on the show. The interesting thing is that SJH is the one who first brings up that KJK is going to partnered up with a female. I'm sure the dialogue was someone scripted beforehand, but it's interesting that SJH is the one who brings it up, like she has to show that she's okay with it before the others can tease KJK. Also, JSJ sort of smiles at SJH before he congratulates KJK on being paired with a beautiful woman. KJK's intro starts at around 1:38

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

Also, I finally found an eng sub of KJK's parts in the first episode of Dong Ge Long Dong Qiang (I've been waiting for someone to sub his parts so I'm happy). But in the first episode, it shows KJK, HH, JSJ, LKS, and SJH in the back room of a 2014 fanmeet in Indonesia talking about KJK's appearance on the show. The interesting thing is that SJH is the one who first brings up that KJK is going to partnered up with a female. I'm sure the dialogue was someone scripted beforehand, but it's interesting that SJH is the one who brings it up, like she has to show that she's okay with it before the others can tease KJK. Also, JSJ sort of smiles at SJH before he congratulates KJK on being paired with a beautiful woman. KJK's intro starts at around 1:38

is it me or did lks look at jh when they mention that jk is getting married

• Like 3

Guest athoughtcloud1
3 hours ago, elevenpapitus said:

Tell everyone a piece of news i see today in wb that rm fanmeeting in 2016 will begin in China from August to December(but time isn't exact confirmed now),including five cities:Beijing,Shanghai,Guangzhou,Nanjing and Chendu.As we all know,fanmeetings (especially china fm)are prepared for fans,and they will prepare some amazing 'presents'for fans,such as MC's bobo last year.So i have to think that if they will have something unexpected things to show for us soon.

WAIL will be over by June. Let's see what they do in the fanmeets. I can't go through the torture of MC fanservice again.

I was reminded of the Snow White episode. Once they are shown the instructions that says Snow White has to be given a  kiss to wake her up (the subs have put (forehead) kiss in brackets, so perhaps the text did not mention exactly what kind of kiss it was), JK suddenly gets excited and asks for further instructions about what the prince should do to win. YJS notes that and says "you shouldn't get so excited. All the dwarves will gang up on you". All the dwarves are given clues to find the identity of the prince. While JK is going along with Haha to read his clue, Haha tells him "you are the prince" and JK goes "really?" and Haha says as the representative of all the short people in the world, he is sure about it. All the other dwarves get specific clues, but when JK opens his, it says "it is not you" (kind of like this episode where there is the possibility that the criterion was meant to rule out his chance of participation). JK's clue is the most direct one which tells him not to even entertain for a second the possibility that it could be him. JK sounds bitter when he says "I knew it was not me", but from the way he acted till then, he definitely thought he had a chance.

The thing is while the guest Seung Soo also jokes in the beginning of the episode that he could be the Prince, the rest of the cast members start thinking of themselves or others as candidates for the post of the Prince only when they start getting specific clues  (like YJS with the 'Prince is eloquent' clue which makes him wonder if it could be himself or JSJ with the 'Prince is not bright' which makes him think of Gary and LKS). It is only JK who starts thinking he has a chance of being the Prince at a stage when he hasn't received any clues. Haha who tells JK he thinks JK is the prince also does that when he hasn't received any clues about the identity of the Prince. While one may say Haha is trying to butter up/trick JK and get on his side, none of Haha's later actions go along with that theory. Both of them seem to be having just a casual conversation about JK being the possible prince. So why is it that JK actually thinks he has a chance, even getting pretty excited about it? He has never been paired up romantically with JH and the MC loveline is already there making it more possible for Gary to be the Prince than him. I sometimes wonder if it was because of the kiss since when Gary is finally revealed to be the Prince, it is JK who keeps on insisting that it should be a 'forehead' kiss and not any other kind (Gary in between jokes that he is going to go for a real kiss than a forehead one, but JK is not present near him at that time. But was there any other conversation between them that made JK feel anxious?). JK's anxiety about the kiss perhaps points to why he thought he had a chance in the first place - since they were dating, he may have thought the production team wouldn't put in the kiss clause unless he was meant to be the one doing it, even with the MC loveline and all.

JK's going for JH in this episode ignoring the guest and any other possible interpretation is perhaps because of something similar - since it was his birthday, he may have thought he had a definite chance if he made it to the front. :(

@athoughtcloud1The Snow White episode, while I'm not a fan of the writing in that episode, was definitely a suspicious one for spartace. I kept wondering what KJK was thinking, since he knows MC is the main loveline. Possibly MC hadn’t been active or encouraged too much by the staff before then, so KJK was feeling more confident that the staff had let go of MC and were willing to let him play the romantic role for once. I think ep 183 (where KG and SJH were the partners of fate) was the last big MC episode they’d had in awhile. At least, I think that was the last one manufactured by the staff. There were a few jokes here and there, like SJH helping KG warm up at the Dream Cup, KG joking about SJH having a new boyfriend in ep 198, and KG joking about SJH’s duplicates in ep 196, but for the most part I think MC was pretty dead from ep 183 to 204 (correct me if I’m wrong). I think the Snow White episode might have been the return of MC, possibly because of upcoming fanmeets or as a grab to bring the ratings up (they started dropping into the 11-10% range that year). KJK doesn’t look very happy at the end of the episode (even though he’s usually pretty pleased when SJH wins), which may be because MC has returned and SJH sided with KG over him when she woke up (of course, she ended up eliminating KG too).

It's possible that the rest of the cast members also boasted about being the prince before receiving their clues and the staff chose to not show it. It's more amusing if From what I can tell from Google Translate, they do include the word “forehead” in their directions. But since they did the MC kiss in ep 163 and then said that the audience would have to wait another three years for another kiss, perhaps KJK assumed it wouldn’t be MC in this episode.

KJK boasts about being the prince and then receives the "It's not you" clue. But it is interesting that KJK really wants to be the prince this episode. It has a similar sense of "of course it's me" as this most recent episode. And, if I remember correctly, in ep 204, the male cast members didn't do their usual "Let's all gang up on KJK" this episode. I don't think he had anyone try that hard to oust him even though all the options were there.

You also have KJK saying "She looks prettiest when she's asleep" when he and KG first find SJH but the line gets attributed to KG.

The "It's not you clue" is strange. The staff says that the clues as to who the prince is were given out according to the order that the cast finished the missions, but what if KG had finished in that place instead of KJK? They certainly couldn't have given that clue to KG.  It’s possible that the “it’s not you” clue was meant for KJK regardless of where he came in the order (unless he was first since that was a split clue). Or they had a different clue that they intended to give KG is he was in KJK’s spot but that’s extra work when you can just have a clue that makes sense for everyone. The only reason to go through the extra work of having a clue like “It’s not you” is if there’s a specific person you want to exclude from the running right away.

Even at the end, KJK wants to rip off the prince’s nametag after Snow White wakes up, saying it’ll be a solo victory for the dwarf. He doesn’t consider ripping of SJH’s nametag, but wants to get the prince/KG/Monday Boyfriend out of the way. Lol.

• Like 6