[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Guest athoughtcloud1
16 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

There isn't much to go on, but I kind of think SJH read KJK's letter beforehand. Why? She's the one who reminds him of it. It's important to her that the letter's read whereas everyone else seemed to have forgotten about it. She's phrases it as a question when she reminds him about it ("Did you write the letter?" ), like she isn't certain. But then she confidentially says that it's two pages, which makes me think that she did know he'd written it. And since she knows its length, she did more than just walk by and see him writing it. Also, when he starts reading, she's not listening with polite curiosity like everyone else, but when he starts speaking, she looks up and smiles. I'd describe her smile as proud or fond rather,than anticipating what's to come. She also didn't laugh immediately or loudly like the rest of the cast at the studious older brother joke, like she knew it was coming. Anyway, there's not much to go on for this theory besides a few comments and smiles, but if they are dating, it wouldn't be strange for her to read over the letter to his mother beforehand. 

When you put it that wy, I also think it somehow very likely.  Somehow it fits with the scene and the tone she uses.

Btw can anyone tell me the last date to vote for the shippers' contest?

Rough translation of SJH's Marie Claire interview (cre: slixuan via gapiplus)

During the interview with Song Ji Hyo, screams could be heard. The screams were from a mixture of males and females, born in the 70s to the 90s. The international goddess who became famous in Asia through the variety show <Running Man>, it is no surprise that she is capable of captivating the men's attention with her white and delicate skin. Moreover, being able to make women let go of the jealousy, is really something odd(?)*. How odd is it? That means being blank, showing the viewers the real side of her, allowing the viewers to feel connected to her that's why everybody likes her, that was what Jihyo said.
In the late spring afternoon, in the presidential suite, the beautiful scenery outside the window, the room temperature was surprisingly high. Ten over staff members paced up and down the room with a solemn expression on their faces, tense atmosphere in the air. When the room door opens, Song Jihyo who was dressed in a elegant dress stepped in with the hotel's cotton slippers on, it felt like there was an invisible spotlight shining on her when she smiled. A smile that was similar to a warm afternoon, it warms up the place. This is Song Jihyo's charm, a great affinity for beauty.
After the photo shoot, Song Jihyo changed out of the dress into a white shirt, with her hair tied up in a simple ponytail. As real she is on camera and in person, this was an interview that wasn't easily secured, there wasn't any time to waste, I didn't realize that I was talking too fast (rushing speed). Jihyo smiled and asked, 'do all Hong Kong people speak at such speed?', 'It's okay, speak slowly.' With her warm smile, as a female interviewer, I had this urge to hug her.
According to Song Ji Hyo's one and only social media - weibo, her career resume was listed as: Year 2000 debuted through a TV commercial, year 2001 started her career through a photo shoot for <KIKI> magazine. Year 2003 filmed her first movie <Wishing Stairs> ; year 2008 breaking out from her usual image, she acted in <A Frozen Flower> ; in July 2010, she became the official member of SBS Sunday programmer <Running Man>. Such an introduction is to remind us that she is actually an actress, from the movie <A Frozen Flower> with many naked scene, to a romantic drama <Emergency Couple>, <Ex-girlfriend Club>, she has the skills to take on any roles. A good actress, she entered the entertainment industry by chance. 'Being an actress was not my dream. When I was young, I wanted to be an architect when I grow up. It was when I was 20 years old, I got the opportunity to audition for a casting, and that was how I accidentally became an actress. Looking at how it is now, I find that I'm actually more suitable to be an actress.' Gary and Chen Bo Lin are her other half that the viewers have in mind, they are also paired with her as onscreen couples in the different programmes, are the both of them her ideal type as well? 'My other half has to be someone with loyalty! (Are you talking about Gary?) No, he doesn't have loyalty. Ah, I'm just kidding. He has. In fact, regarding about marriage, I didn't really think of the venue, clothing and ceremony form, but for sure, I won't choose to make it too magnificent**, plus need the blessing from many people. '

In the programme (RM), Jihyo who is really good at ordering Gary around, admitted that she never woo a guy before, and about meeting someone that she finds leave a good impression, she will feel shy about. 'If I encounter someone that gives me a good impression, I will sort of beat about the bush, and if I really like him, I won't be able to look him in the eyes.' Having been single for quite a few years, it is true that when she gets busy, she is able to sleep anywhere at anytime. During the 10 days holiday that she had at the start of the year, it was her first break after working continuously for 5 months: 'when I'm not working, I'll stay at home. The new year holiday that just past recently, I was always at home, I didn't even went to the supermarket. When others asked me what I was doing, I would say that I'm very busy such as sleeping on my bed, sofa or floor, I can sleep like that for 3 days. After that I have to wash the clothes, packed, clean and etc, it's really busy and I feel blessed.'

From yesterday's fliming

Lol i thought i was the only one who notice jh's unusually sweet tone when she asked jk about the letter. I just think of it as how they talk in real life, off screen. Jh's voice was so sweet and tender and Jk's reply, the tone of his voice sounded warm too. T.T

• Like 9

@athoughtcloud1 and everyone, the voting is until April 27 (12 AM) PDT, so it's less than 24 hrs till the closing time. :) (Please please please vote 4 times a day using as many different ip add as you can! LOL)

Thank you everyone for pointing out so many SA moments, be it big or minuscule. If I'm lucky I'll get to watch the episode (in peace, I hope) in a few days. I agree too, that every members have always a thing or two to say on the topic of JK and marriage but not much of that from JH... and now in this new episode, the same situation happened too. At least I'll expect a few teasing from a close dongsaeng on that matter, among others. ;)

• Like 6

Have y'all seen the stills for the episode they just filmed? I think it's 298.

12965173_273485799657601_2110769053_n.jp

White Team :Lee Jae Hoon, Go Ara, LKS,JSJ Haha

Green Team :Kim Sung Kyun, YJS, JK, JH, KG 

Have we ever had KJK, YJS, and SJH on the same team? Besides when all of RM works together, of course. (And I'm not including KG in that statement since we've had YJS, SJH, KG and KJK, SJH, KG). The traitors club is an old premise, so I don't know if I can say that the PD is trying out new dynamics. I'm looking forward to this episode just for this group.

And to add to this post, 

12960195_845079218930555_2027129602_n.jp

• Like 6

2 hours ago, linzer03 said:

Have y'all seen the stills for the episode they just filmed? I think it's 298.

White Team :Lee Jae Hoon, Go Ara, LKS,JSJ Haha

Green Team :Kim Sung Kyun, YJS, JK, JH, KG 

Have we ever had KJK, YJS, and SJH on the same team? Besides when all of RM works together, of course. (And I'm not including KG in that statement since we've had YJS, SJH, KG and KJK, SJH, KG). The traitors club is an old premise, so I don't know if I can say that the PD is trying out new dynamics. I'm looking forward to this episode just for this group.

And to add to this post, 

Pretty sure Go Ara and Kim Jong Kook were coupled off in earlier episodes. Would have been easy to do the same for this episode glad they didnt!

100% agree you that his mum looks at the direction of JH once she mention marriage. Think this episode is one of the best ones for Spartace fans tbh. A lot of hints given throughout the scene. Also agree with the point when she mentions grandkids, JH looks like she was thinking do i want kids now? at this age with my career and everything? or she could just be spacing out. hahaha the most telling one was the marriage comment. Can't wait for more episodes tbh!

• Like 6

in the old episodes of running man where go ara was a guest  you could tell that she's into kjk I'ts so obvious that she like him 

i love kjk's mom she's adorable and i agree with you all when she mention the marriage thing she look at our ace so happy and love this episode

• Like 1

I honestly love Go Ara on RM. She's an active guest. She partnered with KJK twice. On the Charlies Angels episode and the Winter Wind episode. SJH's reaction in the latter are really interesting. But I think Go Ara had a crush on KJK back then (it can be hard to tell what's for the cameras and what's real sometimes). But I'm surprised they didn't put her on the same team as KJK this time. They were a pretty memorable pair. They won everything in the Winter Wind episode.

• Like 2

These days I'm getting the vibe of Jongkook the Pouty Man following Jihyo around :phew: I paused the video on Spartace delivering fastfood, and there were a hardworking Jihyo handing out burgers and a certain pouty man gruffly holding the box behind her :lol:

It was sweet to see Jihyo complimenting Mom's beauty, I have a feeling Jihyo was eager to get to know Mom and they probably talked a lot more off-screen. That said, I have no ideas if Mom's comment on future daughter-in-law was directed at Jihyo. Koreans are pretty big about introducing their partners to parents for the first time, so if Spartace had the marriage intention, Jihyo and Mom probably have formally met before. This doesn't seem likely, but on the other hand, because Spartace have been good friends for many years, Jihyo might have met Mom on other occasions (i.e.: when sweet Jongkook took Mom to formal events). If Mom knew what's up with Spartace, then perhaps that's after she casually met the casts back then. Delulu thoughts: "I have no idea that this pretty girl back then would be the one my son lurrrrrves" Lol.

I'm maintaining my delulu that after years of Jihyo-crushing-on-Jongkook- and-Jongkook-trying-to-come-to-terms-with-his-feelings, Jongkook is now serious about chasing Jihyo with a long-term intention.

*cue wedding bells*

• Like 3

Hello All,

The voting for the last round ended a few hours ago and the results are already out! And yes, WE WON!!

We were chosen as the Staff pic winners. Thank you to everybody here on this forum as well as from IG.

The fans who voted: Thank you for voting diligently in each and every round. You all maybe silent shippers, but do know that each of your vote in each round is as precious as any other.

The creators: Regardless of whether your works were chosen to be submitted or not, your efforts and time is acknowledged and most appreciated. It is only fitting that as shippers of the Commander and Ace, we came up with truly awesome creations.

To every spartacer reading or not reading this: It is your belief in the couple which has taken this ship from a few followers to thousands. Regardless whether you are still active in the ship or not, once a spartacer, always a spartacer- you are always welcome here- no matter what happens in the end to our OTP.  This is really a great ship which respects each others opinions as well as the choices which JK or JH make.

Point to be noted- Ours is THE ONLY unofficial ship in the list let alone the winners- so ours is the unofficial ship who is also a winner.

• Like 13

Guest athoughtcloud1
On 26/4/2016 at 10:00 AM, eightsixfour said:

Lol i thought i was the only one who notice jh's unusually sweet tone when she asked jk about the letter. I just think of it as how they talk in real life, off screen. Jh's voice was so sweet and tender and Jk's reply, the tone of his voice sounded warm too. T.T

Yup, sometimes I wonder if it is because of the possibility of their switching to their real life tone that they don't talk much to each other in front of the camera these days. ;)

Other things I noticed: JK squeezes his mom's arm  after he kisses her. Squeezing the arm is how he shows affection. LOL  There is also this part where they are talking about how JK's mom is very lucky and how she must be happy. Mom says she is indeed happy, then her eyes and JH's eyes meet and JH looks down shyly. I don't know how it is Korean (whether they say daughters and sons first unlike in English or whether the subs put the "daughters" part first), but the way JK's mom said "if you do your work well, you will be number one daughters and sons" felt pretty inclusive since JH was the only woman among the cast.

Agree with you @linzer03. I am liking this new combination. I wonder if the betrayers' club will go all out to defeat the ace team. Wonder why the white team has such funny t-shirts! I hope the new PD tries out such different combinations. It is a relief to me to see Gary and JH interacting without the MC burden on them. Even in this episode, when JH's ex-BF was mentioned, Gary reacted just as one of her colleagues, not like the Monday BF. That is the way to go!

@tee2015 JK is supposed to the "guy with 99% loyalty and 1% muscles" LOL  http://onehallyu.com/topic/264472-article-kim-jong-kook-man-made-up-of-1-muscles-and-99-loyalty-with-staff-and-close-friends-testimony/

My one complaint about the last episode was how JH's friend had nothing insightful to offer on her. She seemed more there to relive her golden days than say something interesting about JH. LOL I wonder why she was selected. Why is that JH hides her close friends this well? I would love to know something about how she was as a child and a student. Btw can anyone tell me more about JH's mom? Is it true that she was a  swimmer or is that just a rumour?

@androkia91 Thank you for taking the initiative to join the shippers' contest. It was your hard work and organisational skills throughout that made the process so easy.

Though we are not shippers of an official loveline and are not as big in numbers as some of the other shipper fandoms, the fact that our entries won the staff's choice shows that their quality was consistently good throughout the four rounds. I congratulate all the spartace fans who contributed. I am glad we are one of the winners and hope this will give us more visibility and support.

Thanks @WanZ for the info. Hoping you can watch this episode soon and waiting to hear your thoughts.

I am glad a fan took that pic of JK's arm around JH's waist. Based on the position of the official cameras, we would not have got to see what was happening at the back in the actual episode and would have been left trying to figure out where exactly JK's arm was. LOL

Removing the pics and the discussion since I feel they can be misinterpreted.

Edited by athoughtcloud1

Congratulation SA thread! I feel so honoured that we are picked as one of the winner. Thank you so much Soompi, mods, and of course, all of you who had involved in the contest, be it by voting or contributing the materials! A big big :heart: to all.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

S T A F F  P I C K

Jang Woo Young & Park Se Young (YY Couple)

Kim Jong Kook & Song Ji Hyo (Spartace Couple)

Congratulations! ^^

Each winner will have — (special member status & color | their thread pinned for one year | avatars & banners customized for their ship).

Submit the information below to @ebullient through PM at your convenience.

1. Group Name (The group name must be in singular form [e.g. SoGonger | GoongJin].)

2. Color Choice (Choose from the available color chart → here.)

3. Members’ Usernames

4. Members’ Emails (The emails must match their registered emails at Soompi.)

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Look at all the privileges! I'm excited to see the actual outcome of what Soompi has to offer for the winners, including us, the shippers in SA thread.

So please pm lovely @androkia91 your usernames, along with the emails used in creating your soompi ID.

A shoutout to all SA shippers especially @androkia91 (thank you for getting us in this mess in the first place, LOL!), @firstnadya007 the thread creator, my sunbae-nim  @airplanegirl @Rubicon @gimo3 @cindyjulia @jas @pink007 @merada @kolin @shaym @lafiguzaf and fellow chingus @secreta @typhoonam @misszy @arriejjang @luvlyg @MariaG @msdoong aka kookiemong @annatheresia @ocmac @SureworxM @skyycloud @sellasella @maplekist not forgetting @cookiec also @ktiminie who has always been cheering SA thread during the contest, also to normasdiana and izzahayu in IG (and every SA shippers there too!). Also to all the new members who have liven up the thread with your insightful pondering... there are so many of you to be listed here LOL. Also to the contest contributors, and the actual chosen materials owners @nichecz @jihye-spartace7012 and @realcouple_sa from IG @athoughtcloud1 @Nina Negru @aschae and me for the poems and such (LOL). Not forgetting all the silent shippers, too. Let us all pm _kia with the details as above. :D I might miss your name, forgive me! But you know you're always welcome here!

• Like 11

Guest ktiminie

Congrats SA shippers for winning the contest, wow I'm so happy :w00t:!!

UnZTks.gifUnZTks.gifUnZTks.gif  1000 thanks to everybody who worked so hard in this, you guys rock UnZTks.gifUnZTks.gifUnZTks.gif

I'm sure it will give more visibility and support to SpartAce gckg.gif

PS: oh and @WanZ thanks for the shout out. I haven't done much except voting but I would be very proud to wear the colors of SA on Soompi, that's for sure ;)

Edit: @androkia91 I also like the last color ff1d28 i7yKMm.gif

Congratulations for all Spartacers across the world! For a person who didn't contribute a lot except voting, I'm glad our ship won :D

@athoughtcloud1 I was going to write something about the pic before noticed you already deleted it. And of course, our ace is always good at giving direction. Since the pics are still quite dark even after got brightened, I can't see JK's position while JH moved to middle of the seat.

People are discussing about JH's ex-boyfriend here and there. Won Bin is the #1 candidate (tbh, I have no idea who he is). I dunno why but I think her friend shouldn't have said that. I don't think JH likes the idea about her past being revealed. But however, the editing team could just cut that part if she didn't want so I believe this part aired under her approval.

• Like 5

I dont know what the rating was for this episode and i could honestly give two shits about it. What a wonderful episode. Just being able to see how sweet and lovable the whole RM cast is can be a testament to the love they all have in their hearts. i think the past few episodes have been a good start to the new PDs and show's us how much they care about the show. i havnt see that many special effects in the last couple of episodes since the beginning of the show and they are very funny. i could go on about how much I love running man and how we all love the show but lets talk about the important part. I loved how each Spartace moment was so subtle yet loud at the same time. just the simple fact that jihyo was smiling so much during the part with JKs mother was enough for me. i think the moments where she seemed like she was in a daze were probably her being tired and needing her usual mongji nap but when she was interactive during her screen time she was so loving and bubbly. not sure how people will feel about me saying this but i dont think SA are together. However, it is more apparent in this episode than any other that if they are not together (they could be keeping it a secret) they want to be. when JK heard ji hyo had a celebrity BF he went into sulk mode immediately. Almost like he was thinking that they could know each other. And every word that came out of JH's mouth during the part of JKs mother was so heavenly. To me it seemed like JH wanted it to be known that she is a sweet and loving girl. I am a huge fan of JH and i dont think i could find a video of her speaking any more softly than the what i watched today even if i wanted to. SA Fighting and it is so awesome that we won. SA fans see it. its about time JK and JH figure it out as well. Especially since MC is not as strong.

• Like 4

Guest athoughtcloud1

@assyl4 When I re-read my translation, got the feeling it could be misconstrued.  It is kind of dark in there, so whatever we say could only be speculation. That is why I deleted it. From the pics, it seemed to me they were sitting nearby unlike the seating arrangement they started out with.

Agree with you completely on all the points you raised about JH's friend's comment. I think it was unnecessary. However, since the editing team went ahead with it, guess JH didn't think it would cause much harm. Hope the interest in this dies down in a few days.

Thanks @WanZ . I don't think I contributed much, but thank you for your good heart.

JH's reaction when she sees JK's mom

jhmom_zpskbkfrxha.png

jhmom3_zpswvsb8env.png

Was watching WAIL and was surprised to see how much of a bad cook JH is. Perhaps they exaggerated it for the sake of variety, but still it was kind of clear that she is not that comfortable in the kitchen. So, I do feel JK's mom's comment could have been about his GF who isn't much of a cook. And you know who that could be! JK was laughing embarrassed over it as if his mom had pulled his leg. But based on that comment alone, what is the need to be so embarrassed about unless JK is feeling embarrassed about his mom worrying over such trivial matters (like 'mom, I am 40. Should my future wife's cooking matter that much?') ? Even then, his reaction is a bit too strong for that. He doesn't know where to look. It is like "why did mom have to bring that up? ".

Remember JH had said in an interview that though she is not that great a cook, she feels happy when her BF praises her cooking. And we saw how JK does that in that episode where JH was cooking along with Haha. But his mom speaks to prefer plainspeak or was she joking?

Jokester mom and Panicking Commander

m1_zpsn2mq1gna.jpg

m2_zpstuvwnq6g.jpgm3_zps64ahxyp3.jpgm4_zpsbnrsatdb.jpgm5_zpsgkeqpux2.jpg

m6_zpsidfwf0rp.jpgm7_zpsxpllrnc5.jpgm8_zpsuczjtkco.jpgm9_zpso2vi5gkr.jpg

cre: ArashiHoHo, spartace baidu for the youku pics

Though you can see Haha, KS n JH n even JK snacking in this segment, the people who snack the most are JH n KS. Usually, you need some kind of comfort level with a person to keep snacking in front of them, especially if it is an elder in which case it can be considered disrespectful. JH is so careful  about her manners, then why does she keep snacking through the entire first part till JK goes to the kitchen? If you say she is JK's good friend and so must have met his mom before and therefore comfortable enough to snack continuously in front of her, why doesn't she open her mouth to talk to her since we know she has a lot of knowledge about his food habits?

I hadn't watched the full interview of the Wuhan Fanmeet before where SJ makes that comment about JH having a hard time hanging out with JK and KS. Found 4.56 cute where JK looks at JH's face from top to bottom. LOL I have observed that JH speaks really less during such interviews. Here also, the only time she interrupts the members and speaks up is when JK talks about his exercise. (Somebody has translated the entire interview in the comments). Every time JK talks about how he eats early or how he is injured and therefore can't win or how he has to go to the gym so that he can maintain his commander image since the guests are hell-bent on beating him, JH interrupts with 'Oppa eats even at 2 am', 'Oppa is good at everything' and 'Oppa still wins everytime'. Too proud of your oppa, JH?