BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread: 2nd Chapter [#2025OT7 #2024Jin&HobiReturning #HopeOnTheStreetVol1 #JinD23 #RightPlaceWrongPersonIsComing #ComeBackToMe #LOSTisComing]

YongZura⁷

[BIRTHDAY BIOS] BTS's Veautiful V embarks on a new journey

BTS's V, winner of Celeb Confirmed's December birthday vote [CELEB CONFIRMED]

BTS's V, winner of Celeb Confirmed's December birthday vote [CELEB CONFIRMED]

“The most beautiful face in the world,” as acclaimed over and over by magazines around the world, the Veautiful V, or Kim Tae-hyung, of boy band BTS was born on Dec. 30, 1995, in the southeastern city of Daegu.

The story of how V came to join Big Hit Entertainment, the original name of BTS’s agency HYBE, is quite famous.

V came to the agency’s audition not in hopes of becoming a K-pop "idol" himself, but just to watch his friend's tryout. When the staff saw the young V, they saw potential — so they persuaded him to give it a try, and there he was, accepted as a trainee though his friend was not.

He joined Big Hit Entertainment in 2011, trained for around a year and a half and then debuted as a member of a boy band — one that would soon become one of the biggest names in history — on June 13, 2013.

BTS, or Bangtan Sonyeondan, didn’t start off with the warmest of fanfare. In fact, it faced public ridicule when the boy band, the name of which translates to "bulletproof boys," made their debut with a hip-hop theme that was welcomed by neither hip-hop artists nor K-pop fans accustomed to dance music and softer themes.

V from boy band BTS [BIGHIT MUSIC]

But fast forward 10 years, and BTS is irrefutably the biggest boy band not only in K-pop but around the world, making headlines not only with its music but art exhibitions, cityscape projects, donations, speeches at the United Nations and practically every other feat never before even dreamed of by any Korean act in the past.

V himself broke records this year when his first solo EP “Layover” sold 1.67 million copies on the first day, becoming the highest-ever sales figure by a K-pop soloist at the time. After a week, V had sold 2.1 million copies of his album, another record at the time.

“Layover” also landed at No. 2 on the Billboard 200, joining his bandmates Jimin and Suga for the monumental feat, while the EP's lead track “Slow Dancing” peaked at No. 51 on the Hot 100 singles chart.

V began his mandatory military service on Dec. 11 along with his bandmate and leader of BTS, RM.

“I’m going to miss you all so much,” V said in a message to fans on fan community service Weverse on the day of his enlistment.

“I’m sad that I won’t be able to spend time with [fan club] ARMY for the time being. Except that, I’m ok. But not being able to see ARMY is the toughest part for me. I will come back healthy after the long 18 months while you stay healthy and find something that makes you happy during that time.”

He added, “Let’s make precious memories together, like we’ve always done. I miss you already. I love you so much.”

“wherever u r,” a song by U.S. singer-songwriter Umi featuring V, will be released Saturday, V’s birthday, as “a gift from Umi and Tae.” Tae is V’s nickname, from the first syllable of his real name.

BY YOON SO-YEON [yoon.soyeon@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2023-12-30/entertainment/kpop/BIRTHDAY-BIOS-BTSs-Veautiful-V-embarks-on-a-new-journey/1946519

• Like 1

BTS member V's duet with UMI tops iTunes charts in 89 countries

SEOUL, Dec. 31 (Yonhap) -- A duet by BTS member V and U.S. singer UMI topped the iTunes Top Songs charts in 89 countries around the world, a day after its release, his agency said Sunday.

The song "wherever u r" ranked at No. 1 on the charts in the United States, Britain, Canada, Germany and dozens of other countries as of 10 a.m., according to BigHit Music.

Written by UMI and featuring V on vocals, the song was released on the day of the BTS member's birthday.

V is currently serving his mandatory military service after enlisting in the Army on Dec. 11. In South Korea, all able-bodied men are required to serve in the military for at least 18 months.

This image, provided by BTS' agency BigHit Music on Dec. 31, 2023, shows member V (top L, bottom R) and U.S. singer UMI. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

This image, provided by BTS' agency BigHit Music on Dec. 31, 2023, shows member V (top L, bottom R) and U.S. singer UMI. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

yunhwanchae@yna.co.kr
(END)

credit : Yonhap News

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20231231002700315?section=culture/k-pop

7 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

- from Hobi's IG

Charts Info:

@YongZura⁷  thanks for sharing this. J Hope posted a lengthy message on the global fan community Weverse on December 31 last year. So sweet of him. The message he left is so heart-warming. Just like Jin, he is now nearing his discharge from the military. His expected discharge date is October 17th. He's already been running for 9 months. I can't wait for his discharge. I can’t believe how quickly 9 months has gone. I miss all the members especially JK. I can’t wait til all the members are back again.   :kisslevel:

• Love 1

*** When I was watching "BTS In the SOOP 2", I saw there that Jungkook‘s dog, Bam are also close to all the BTS members. It was so NICE watching JK and Bam walked side by side in some EPs. Looks like Bam loves the BTS members just as much as they love him!   :hypehype:

3Z19VXWtjVrE2ri-_STFtJuUPcA4L8qNLWREREdr

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** 2023 has been an eventful year for JK. I believe he dominated the industry domestically. I read that he's the top male artist who secured the most amount of music show wins last year (2023). As far as I remember, it's noted that overall he had (18) wins. He achieved this remarkable feat with his three singles, “Seven,” “3D,” and “Standing Next To You.”   :heart1:

HrRvyo0QEWOZWpOOfQE8c6dUO0dfFNryja_WOvdN

• Like 1

*** On January 2, the 33rd Seoul Music Awards took place at the Rajamangala Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand, marking the first time that the annual ceremony was held outside of South Korea. Congratulations to BTS! Good job!   :Twerkdatbutt:

Bonsang (Main Award): aespa, (G)I-DLE, IVE, Jimin (BTS), Jungkook (BTS), Kang Daniel, Lim Young Woong, NCT DREAM, NewJeans, NMIXX, RIIZE, SEVENTEEN, STAYC, Stray Kids, Sunmi, V (BTS), Young Tak, ZEROBASEONE

World Trend Artist Award: BTS

Fan Choice of the Year: BTS’s V

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** Hanteo Chart’s yearly charts for 2023 are out! Korea’s leading music chart based on realtime sales—has published its annual year-end charts. The Physical Record chart is based entirely on physical album sales, while the World Chart collects, analyzes, and announces K-pop data from all over the world in real time based on Hanteo Chart’s big data collection technology. Congratulations to JK and V who made this year’s charts!   :Ohboy3:

Yearly World Chart

1. SEVENTEEN
  2. IVE
  3. Stray Kids
  4. NewJeans
  5. TXT
  6. NCT DREAM
  7. aespa
  8. BTS’s Jungkook
  9. ATEEZ
  10. ENHYPEN

Yearly Physical Record Chart

1. SEVENTEEN – “FML”
  2. SEVENTEEN – “SEVENTEENTH HEAVEN”
  3. Stray Kids – “★★★★★ (5-STAR)”
  4. NCT DREAM – “ISTJ”
  5. Stray Kids – “ROCK-STAR”
  6. BTS’s Jungkook – “GOLDEN”
  7. TXT – “The Name Chapter: TEMPTATION”
  8. BTS’s V – “Layover”
  9. TXT – “The Name Chapter: FREEFALL”
  10. ZEROBASEONE – “MELTING POINT”
  • Like 1

*** Popular polling website KingChoice recently held a month-long poll for fans to vote for what they think were the most handsome men in the world of 2023 out of 100 nominees. With over a million votes tallied, the results are in, and several Korean celebrities ranked high on the list. Here are the 10 that ranked the highest!  :heart2:

3. Jin (BTS)

(Jin ranked at #5 in the poll!)

2. Jungkook (BTS)

(Jungkook ranked at #3 in the poll!)

1. V (BTS)

(V ranked at #2 in the poll!)

source : https://kingchoice.me/the-100-most-handsome-men-in-the-world-2023/xiao-zhan

• Like 1

*** All the BTS members except JK who has no IG account anymore are still the most followed Idols on Instagram. (Data were retrieved on January 3, 2023, at 12:00 PM KST.)  :loveu:

BTS-V-63.4M-Followers.png

BTS-JiMin-53.2M-Followers.png

BTS-jhope-48.6M-Followers.png

Spoiler

BTS-Suga-48.4M-Followers.png

BTS-Jin-47.7M-Followers.png

BTS-RM-45.2M-Followers.png

• Like 1

BTS to get its own autobiographical comic book

A cover by Yonami with colors by Ale Starling, from the ″FAME BTS″ manga comic book, written by Eric M. Esquivel [REUTERS]

A cover by Yonami with colors by Ale Starling, from the ″FAME BTS″ manga comic book, written by Eric M. Esquivel [REUTERS]

BTS's story of rise to fame and enlistment will be made into a comic book in the United States, Reuters reported on Friday.

The 22-page comic book about the band will become available on Wednesday in both print and digital.

It will portray how the seven singers became famous — and their switch from pop stars to soldiers, according to Reuters on Friday.

The comic book will be a part of the American comic series "FAME" by TidalWave Comics, which introduces the life stories of famous personalities, including singers, actors and star athletes.

BTS's version will cover the story of the band's rise to popularity since its debut in 2013, detailing its journey as it released numerous hit songs, engaged in charitable activities and became a global pop star.

All seven members of the band are currently completing their mandatory service.

The oldest member, Jin, enlisted in the military in December 2022, followed by the other six members J-Hope, Suga, RM, V, Jimin and Jungkook. J-Hope joined the Army in April 2023, and RM, V, Jimin and Jungkook enlisted in December 2023. Suga is currently serving as a social service agent.

All members are expected to return by June 2025.

"FAME" previously featured celebrities like singers Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, 50 Cent, actor Jennifer Lawrence and footballer David Beckham as main characters.

BY LEE CHAE-MIN [lee.chaemin1@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2024-01-05/entertainment/kpop/BTS-to-get-its-own-autobiographical-comic-book/1951800

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** New York-based magazine Consequence of Sound featured "Slow Dancing" in their prestigious "200 Best Songs of 2023" list, while also highlighting "Love Me Again" as the most swoon-worthy single in their "2023 K-Pop Yearbook". Several music streaming platforms have recognized tracks from "Layover" among the top songs of 2023, including Apple Music, Deezer, and Amazon Music. Apple Music included "Slow Dancing" in their "100 Best Songs of 2023" list. Furthermore, "Rainy Days," another track on "Layover," claimed the highest rank among solo songs on Rolling Stone's "100 Best Songs of 2023" list. Deserved completely. Big congratulations V! V's album is amazing.   :Ohboy3:

"If you want to pass over a moody, dreamy, yearning track that makes room for a flute solo in the year 2023, then that’s (Slow Dancing) your journey." — Consequence of Sound

"V, known for his love of jazz and classic aesthetics, balanced these characteristics with a current pop-R&B sound in his solo album, Layover. The earliest look at the album arrived in the form of “Love Me Again,” a wistful tune that shows off V’s rich baritone." — Consequence of Sound

1704401406-gb68wotbyaavamm.jpg

Spoiler

• Like 1

*** On Melon, Jimin's album emerged as the most streamed album by a K-pop solo artist in 2023, amassing an impressive 254.5 million streams, a significant feat considering it's an EP. This places 'FACE' as the 5th most streamed album of the year and the song 'Like Crazy' as the 9th most streamed song in 2023 on Melon. As of January 4, 'Like Crazy' has soared past 102.3 million streams, while 'FACE' now boasts 255.9 million streams. These numbers aren't just digits but a testament to Jimin's resonating artistry and the heartfelt connection he shares with his fans. Congratulations for Jimin!  :Fist1:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** In a recently released interview, RM stated that the group was treated differently at their first Billboard Music Awards (BBMAs hereon) due to their fans. The interview was actually taken in 2021 but published recently. It was their first time being nominated at an American award show, and that too one of the Big Three major music awards. BTS won the Top Social Artist Award, dethroning Justin Bieber and setting a one-of-a-kind record as an Asian act. It is often considered one of the biggest inflection points in the group’s career, as they went on to win other major music awards in America in the following years. But when BTS went to the BBMAs, K-Pop hadn’t achieved the global recognition it has today. Despite their global popularity, they were still fairly new faces in the American industry, quite not on the radar yet. However, according to RM, BTS were treated a bit differently at the award show because of ARMY. RM recalled the moment they stepped onto the magenta carpet and were immediately greeted by the loud cheers of some 400-500 fans gathered at the venue. That loud cheer attracted people’s attention to BTS, and even though they were not familiar with the group, they treated them “carefully,” seeing how they had such a strong local fanbase. “They really treated us a little better,” RM recalled, adding, “I was really, really scared when I went to the red carpet for the first event. Thanks to the ARMYs who came there, I felt so, so relieved.”  RM said that ARMY’s loud presence also had an effect on the interviewers that day. They were even more intrigued to know about the group because they were witnessing such a fandom for the first time. ARMYs were also diligently cheering for their boys inside the venue, the members recalled fondly. When they received the award, people gave them standing ovations despite not knowing anything about them. RM added that many American celebrities approached them for pictures solely because of how excitedly ARMYs were cheering for them. Funnily enough, BTS, too, were unfamiliar with a lot of the celebs they posed with. The members concluded that it was because of how passionately ARMYs turned up for them that day that BTS were able to have an exciting experience at their first American award show.   :heart2:

RMXExu9o9X9J1G7HXw4LpPOcAsQ4v2nkdUsNKy08

• Like 1

Part of the coming comic book.  Well, I personally prefer books by them / published by their company. Books (Content) by others majority of it, make me feel uncomfortable. I hope ARMYs and the public use the original content by the members to refer to, not the one written by others.

My set of Beyond The Stage Documentary Photobook arrived this morning.  What a thick one!

(Taken from:

2474969.JPG

2474968.JPG

ctto

• Love 1

17 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Chart info:

@YongZura⁷  his Golden album is a HIT! The UK music charts have historically been a tough nut to crack especially for  those from the K-Pop industry. However, in a remarkable turn of events, 2023 saw a K-Pop song not only break into these charts but also secure a spot among the year’s best song. This achievement was significant, considering that even the other BTS members’ solo efforts had not reached such heights in the UK. “Seven” has been celebrated as not only the song of 2023 but also as a defining pop moment of the year. JK mastery of the English language and his fresh take on K-Pop, blending it with mainstream elements, has helped in reaching new audiences — according to the UK charts giant. The collaboration with Latto also added an extra layer of appeal to the song. The beat of the song and catchy chorus, made it a hit. I'm happy that he is back on the charts in the United Kingdom! Congratulations to Jungkook!   :heart3:

Also, congratulations to both PSY and Suga!   :Fist1:

12 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Part of the coming comic book.  Well, I personally prefer books by them / published by their company. Books (Content) by others majority of it, make me feel uncomfortable. I hope ARMYs and the public use the original content by the members to refer to, not the one written by others.

My set of Beyond The Stage Documentary Photobook arrived this morning.  What a thick one!

(Taken from:

*** Actually, netizens had divided opinions about the comic. They say, “The drawing style itself is bad…they should draw it so we can tell who is who…” I think I agree because it looks like the same person just with different hair. Still, I can’t tell who is who. The comic also includes the enlistment process of the members. This comic has been produced in both paper and digital formats and will officially be released on January 10.   :heart2:

source : https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20240105023000009

*** I share your joy of receiving your set of Beyond The Stage Documentary Photobook. The documentary has showcased all the hard feelings the BTS members had during some of the toughest times.   :heart1:

Billboard World Album Chart:

Billboard has published its World Albums chart for the week ending on January 6!

BTS’s 2022 anthology album “Proof” remained unmoving at No. 8 in its 81st week on the chart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

20240107043919_Jungkook-1.jpg?s=900x600&

BTS’s Jungkook Makes History On Billboard’s Artist 100 As 1st Korean Soloist To Chart For 20 Weeks

ctto

• Love 1
  • Blob 1