BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread: 2nd Chapter [#2025OT7 #11thAnniversary #MUSEisComing #HobiD99 #AreYouSure]

YongZura⁷

*** This post came from Jungkook’s brother after he enlisted. It's an emotional picture of Jungkook shaving his hair. In the caption, he explained how seeing it happen transported him back ten years (assuming to when he enlisted) as he wished Jungkook well. So, does it mean Jungkook was the one who shaved his own head, huh? Without going to the salon?   :yaaa:

ooRvcaxJaiZiHwYTUG9-QO-gILt-XFn5hih7OslK

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

6 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

@YongZura⁷  thanks for sharing this. This is an exceptional teaser because the complete performance video will release on December 15  at 2 PM KST. Can’t wait! This will be iconic. Jungkook has really this  graceful dance moves, effortlessly synchronizing with the remix and exuding finesse with each step. Love it!  :piggie:

• Love 1

*** Suga is one who earned the highest among K-pop concert tours in 2023. Billboard revealed the Top 10 K-pop Tours in 2023. He placed second, grossing $57.1 million from 26 shows with 318,000 tickets sold in 2023. He ranked 37th in the all-genre tour rankings. He earned more than $9 million in Los Angeles and the New York area, and sold more than 50,000 tickets in Seoul,” Billboard added.   :winkx:

Here are the Top 10 K-pop Tours in 2023, according to Billboard: 

1. BLACKPINK - $148.3M / 703K tickets / 29 shows

All-Genre Top 100 Rank: No. 10

2. BTS’ Suga - $57.1M / 318K tickets / 26 shows

All-Genre Top 100 Rank: No. 37

3. TWICE - $54.2M / 345K tickets / 18 shows

All-Genre Top 100 Rank: No. 41

4. TOMORROW X TOGETHER - $46.8M / 379K tickets / 27 shows

All-Genre Top 100 Rank: No. 54

5. Seventeen - $43.3M / 440K tickets / 12 shows

All-Genre Top 100 Rank: No. 58

6. ENHYPEN - $33M / 336K tickets / 19 shows

All-Genre Top 100 Rank: No. 81

7. Stray Kids - $16.1M / 114K tickets / 8 shows

8. ATEEZ - $13.9M / 103K tickets / 10 shows

9.  LE SSERAFIM - $7.9M / 77.5K tickets / 9 shows

10. NCT DREAM - $7M / 36.9K tickets / 4 shows

credit : https://mb.com.ph/2023/12/13/blackpink-bts-suga-twice-top-highest-grossing-k-pop-tours-list-in-2023

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** It is known that soldiers in this “Joint Enlistment” system usually go to the ‘front line’ when they enlist together. Technically, the service area is not necessarily the front line. The accompanying enlistment troops will be assigned to units in the Gyeonggi and Gangwon areas. Since most of the units in Gyeonggi and Gangwon areas are located in the front, they usually go to the front. Therefore, Jimin and Jungkook will also be assigned their own troops within Gyeonggi and Gangwon areas after basic military training. According to a military official, Jin is in charge of teaching at another team, so Jimin and Jungkook might not meet him while receiving training, but I think they can meet during the weekend. Or maybe they can see Jin in the military cafeteria.  :poledance:

Final two members of BTS start mandatory military service

BTS members J-Hope and SUGA enlisted earlier this year. Two more members, RM and V, enlisted on Monday.

SEOUL (AFP) - The last two members of K-pop superstars BTS to enlist for mandatory military service, Jimin and Jung Kook, were set to begin their training on Tuesday, South Korean media reported, resulting in the entire megagroup being on hiatus.

All able-bodied men in South Korea must serve at least 18 months in the military.

After a years-long debate about whether BTS deserved a rare exemption, Jin, the oldest member of the group, enlisted last year, with the remaining members following suit in 2023.

The BTS septet has become a global cultural phenomenon, selling out stadiums around the world and dominating key US charts while raking in billions for South Korea's economy and building an international legion of fans known as ARMY.

BTS members J-Hope and SUGA enlisted earlier this year. Two more members, RM and V, enlisted on Monday.

Now, the final two members of the group will begin their five-week basic training at an army boot camp on Tuesday, the Yonhap news agency reported.

"I think I will be able to rely on Jung Kook a lot since we are enlisting together," said Jimin during a livestream with fans on web platform Weverse late Monday.

"I'll be back after doing a good job," he added.

During an earlier livestream, Jung Kook thanked his fans and said he had led a "busy life".

BTS's label BIGHIT MUSIC confirmed in November that the last four members of the group would enlist, but did not disclose additional details.

Earlier this year, the chairman of the BTS's agency, Bang Si-hyuk, said that making the band do military service was slowing down the global growth of K-pop.

South Korea offers exemptions from military service to some individuals, including Olympic medal-winning athletes and some classical musicians, but K-pop stars are not eligible under the existing programme.

And in an intensely competitive industry where artists can be easily replaced, some male K-pop stars have faced challenges in resuming their careers after fulfilling their duties.

BTS's agency HYBE announced in September that all seven members of the group had renewed their contracts, without giving further details.

The announcement implies that all seven members are likely to stay with the agency after completing their military service.

credit : https://mb.com.ph/2023/12/13/final-two-members-of-bts-start-mandatory-military-service

• Like 1

Official from BANGTANTV:

*English subtitle will be provided later. We ask for your generous understanding.

Thank you so much #BTS for sharing this with us.

Thanks, Christa... we'll be waiting for the full translation soon.

ctto

p.s

Hopefully, the media outlets will slow down to let them focus on their training.  

• Love 1

On 12/13/2023 at 6:10 PM, YongZura⁷ said:

Official from BANGTANTV:

*English subtitle will be provided later. We ask for your generous understanding.

Thanks, Christa... we'll be waiting for the full translation soon.

ctto

p.s

Hopefully, the media outlets will slow down to let them focus on their training.  

@YongZura⁷  Looking forward for the translation of the video you posted. Good that they received hotpacks & skin care from him. Yes, because on the Day 1 inside the camp, all unnecessary items you brought in are returned back home. After having been issued with proper military gear the recruits undergo medical check-up & aptitude test. Their civilian clothes are also sent back to their homes. On Day 2/3, while having a lecture session, military occupational specialty evaluation is conducted for each recruit. On Day 4, they’re now transferred to different Training Regiments. They’ll learn basic military skills & knowledge for (5) weeks. Recruits will receive firearms. There Firearm Familiarization Training starts - They have to become familiar with their "BF", (best friend) which is their firearms by having them close with them for 24-hrs either when eating or while sleeping.   During the 1st (3) days on training, recruits receive basic training from how to wear combat uniform to military disciplines. Week 1 will be physical fitness (this is more than 1-hr every morning), Basic Drill & Guarding.  Week by week, the weight of gear is increased to prepare for marching. Training exercises also commonly involve climbing a mountain in full gear, with gun in hand.Week 2, Shooting Training. The training is carried out individually & recruits must shoot 60% & above to pass. Week 3, Grenade (grenade throwing training), CBR (this is where the gas mask takes place), First-Aid. A lot of guys who have been through military training will tell you that CBR is the absolute worst.Recruits are to put on their gas masks, enter a gas chamber, unscrew the breathing tank for the gas mask, screw it back on, and exit, but securing the gas mask properly can be problematic, and enduring the gas, more than difficult.Week 4, Combined Outdoor Training. Combined because this is both a battlefield on night time & daytime trainings. Here, there’s a 30-km march in FULL gear. Recruits returning to the base after 8-hrs of marching. Week 5, Moral Education. (this is the last phase) Meanwhile, recruits are starting to clean & carry out maintenance on their firearms & equipment so the next batch of recruits can start using them.   :kitty:

• Awesome 1

@willenette I can't believe that I'll be reading the details of their weekly training activities here.  I can still remember bits and pieces when my father was an active soldier himself a long time ago. :sweat_smile: I do believe they'll be able to adapt to their current situation well wherever they are.  

Thank you, #Jin.  I guess you will be seeing both of them often compared to the other members during these training weeks.  Be safe, healthy, and happy.  Gain your new experience, #BTS.

Looking forward to more updates from you guys later.

So what will I be doing during this period?  Streaming their songs will be a priority as usual.  So, I'll share their latest achievement from time to time.  Then watch their previous content while waiting for their future content.  I'll need to do some reading too - Thank goodness I finished  Beyond The Story in one go :sweat_smile:  This is only the beginning... we'll see.

JK joins Spotify Billion Clubs as a solo artist. There'll be related content later. Congrats JK!

JK's Promotion Sketch

ctto

• Love 2

On 12/14/2023 at 5:54 AM, YongZura⁷ said:

My #1 favourite "봄날" (Spring Day)

Another favourite of mine.

Whenever I miss them, their music / performance helps

Reveal hidden contents

Snowman Yoongi

@YongZura⁷  thanks for sharing this. This track "Spring Day" sprung back up to the top of global music charts after ARMY gathered their forces to say a special goodbye to members as they all began their mandatory service duties this month. It topped the iTunes Top Song charts in 83 regions around the world for the first time in six years since its first release. True, the comeback of 'Spring Day' has the power of ARMY to thank.   :Twerkdatbutt:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BTS' 'Spring Day' reclaims top spot on iTunes charts after 6 years

SEOUL, Dec. 14 (Yonhap) -- "Spring Day," the 2017 hit single by K-pop megastar BTS, has experienced a remarkable resurgence on iTunes' top songs charts globally, following the recent enlistment of the group's final four members.

The tune has soared to the summit of charts in 83 regions worldwide, including the United States, Japan, Britain and France, between Tuesday and 8 a.m. Thursday, the group's agency, BigHit Music said.

K-pop boy group BTS poses for a photo after they arrived at a military boot camp in Nonsan, South Chungcheong Province, on Dec. 11, 2023, to see off members RM and V, who entered the camp to receive five weeks of basic military training, in this photo captured from the group's account on X, formerly known as Twitter. (Yonhap)

K-pop boy group BTS poses for a photo after they arrived at a military boot camp in Nonsan, South Chungcheong Province, on Dec. 11, 2023, to see off members RM and V, who entered the camp to receive five weeks of basic military training, in this photo captured from the group's account on X, formerly known as Twitter. (Yonhap)

It added that the unexpected chart domination comes as fans eagerly await BTS' anticipated return in 2025.

The K-pop septet officially entered a hiatus earlier this week, when the last four members commencing their mandatory military service following their three older bandmates who are already in service.

Co-composed by members RM and Suga, the song portrays the profound sense of yearning for a reunion with long-lost friends.

sshim@yna.co.kr
(END)

credit : Yonhap News

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20231214007100315?section=culture/k-pop

• Like 1

@YongZura⁷ Jin's posting the last photos of Jimin and Jungkook with a touching caption made me sad. He always writes something funny but this time... I can somehow relate to how he feels. He's the eldest of them all! See you on 2025! Please be safe, JK & Jimin!   :ohboy2:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

5 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

@willenette I can't believe that I'll be reading the details of their weekly training activities here.  I can still remember bits and pieces when my father was an active soldier himself a long time ago. :sweat_smile: I do believe they'll be able to adapt to their current situation well wherever they are.  

Thank you, #Jin.  I guess you will be seeing both of them often compared to the other members during these training weeks.  Be safe, healthy, and happy.  Gain your new experience, #BTS.

Looking forward to more updates from you guys later.

So what will I be doing during this period?  Streaming their songs will be a priority as usual.  So, I'll share their latest achievement from time to time.  Then watch their previous content while waiting for their future content.  I'll need to do some reading too - Thank goodness I finished  Beyond The Story in one go :sweat_smile:  This is only the beginning... we'll see.

@YongZura⁷  'Special Duty Team,' where V will be assigned later is a counter-terrorism military unit known for its MORE extremely tiring and demanding training. I guess he likes it there since his buddy, Park Hyung Sik has been there as well during his MS. This is the special duty uniform (SDT) looks like - and sometimes this one, too. I think this is the reason why JK can't be here because of his tattoos. I hope we could get to see V's picture wearing a uniform later on. They say that it's tougher on this place. But, the uniform looks so COOL! IIt's just that it'll be tough in the summer. SDT is an elite group. Praying for his continued success and good health. Yes, they're strong guys and they will do fine.   :heart2beat:

1702581220-grgzkc-waifu2x-art-noise1-sca

1702581964-luapdt.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** Bang  Si Hyuk is so sweet by making an appearance to show his love for the members with gift bags full of useful items the members can bring with them into the military. And he went to each member. Up to the very end, he treats them like his own kids!   :kitty:

• Blob 1

Popular K-pop Boy Groups in December 2023: BTS, SEVENTEEN, More!

09_905926_29139.jpg

The Korean Business Research Institute has officially announced its newest brand reputation rankings for K-pop boy groups.

According to the institute, the results were derived from numerous aspects such as the participation of consumers, coverage with the media, and overall exposure that can lead to buzz. The chart was covered from November 9 to December 9.

1. BTS

2. SEVENTEEN

3. Stray Kids

4. ZEROBASEONE

5. SHINee

6. NCT

7. EXO

8. RIIZE

9. THE BOYZ

10. VIXX

11. Super Junior

12. ENHYPEN

13. ASTRO

14. ATEEZ

15. TREASURE

16. MONSTA X

17. WINNER

18. TXT

19. BTOB

20. 2PM

21. Wanna One

22. Highlight

23. BOYNEXTDOOR

24. PENTAGON

25. FANTASY BOYS

26. Golden Child

27. GOT7

28. LUMINOUS

29. SF9

30. Block B

source : https://www.stoo.com/article.php?aid=90592629139

3 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Latest Official Performance Video - JK & Usher

Smooooooth like ......

Another one - LINK only

@YongZura⁷  The video was released TODAY, December 15. Thanks for sharing this. It fills me with great delight watching JK's stylish and suave movements. They have good chemistry with Usher.   :coolshades:

• Like 1

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for individual boy group members! All BTS members are included on the list. The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, communication, and community awareness indexes of 716 boy group members, using big data collected from November 16 to December 16.   :heart3:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo
  2. BTS’s Jungkook
  3. BTS’s Jimin
  4. Wanna One’s Ong Seong Wu
  5. BTS’s V
  6. Wanna One’s Kang Daniel
  7. Super Junior’s Kyuhyun
  8. EXO’s Baekhyun
  9. Wanna One’s Park Ji Hoon
  10. BTS’s RM
  11. BTS’ Suga
  12. NU’EST and Wanna One’s Hwang Minhyun
  13. BTS’s Jin
  14. BTS’s J-Hope
  15. Highlight’s Yoon Doojoon
  16. SEVENTEEN’s Mingyu
  17. THE BOYZ’s Juyeon
  18. SEVENTEEN’s Jeonghan
  19. Wanna One’s Kim Jae Hwan
  20. Super Junior’s Kim Heechul
  21. SEVENTEEN’s Wonwoo
  22. SEVENTEEN’s Hoshi
  23. SEVENTEEN’s S.Coups
  24. THE BOYZ’s Eric
  25. BTOB’s Changsub
  26. TVXQ’s Yunho
  27. SEVENTEEN’s Woozi
  28. SEVENTEEN’s Joshua
  29. NCT’s Jaehyun
  30. SHINee’s Onew

108415_232194_4419.jpg

108415_232195_4426.jpg

source : https://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=108415

________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** Park Seo-joon recalled his military life after looking at the picture of V at the training center. He said, “The poncho raincoat V wore this time may be the one I wore in the past. I enlisted in the summer and it rained a lot. It’s been nearly 20 years and V was wearing the same one. It’s a reasonable doubt”.    :heart2:

bts-v-1-1112231-518x470.webp

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20231212214831210

• YongZura⁷ changed the title to BTS 10th. Anniversary (방탄소년단) Official Thread: 2nd Chapter [#WeWillWaitForYouIn2025 #NoMoreDream] *Be Safe, Healthy and Happy #BTS

Taken from Soompi:

Circle Chart (formerly known as Gaon Chart) has revealed its chart rankings for the week of December 3 to 9!

Album Chart

BTS’s Jimin topped this week’s physical album chart with the new LP version of his solo debut album “FACE.”  BTS’s Jungkook’s own solo debut album “GOLDEN” climbed back up to No. 2... 

ctto

BTS Charts Their Third No. 1 Hit Of The Week On iTunes

All seven members of BTS are currently enlisted in the South Korean military, effectively putting their music careers on pause. The singers are fulfilling their duties, and as they step away from the spotlight for a short time, the band’s fans are showing up to support them by returning to old hits.

BTS’s song “No More Dream” currently sits at No. 1 on the American iTunes chart. The track bolted to the summit seemingly out of nowhere, bringing the South Korean outfit back to the peak position on the ranking of the bestselling tracks in the U.S. on what may be the most important digital sales platform.

“No More Dream” isn’t a new release though. In fact, it’s been out in the world for more than a decade. The tune was first released in summer 2013, but it has found a new audience. The track is featured on the septet’s early collection 2 Cool 4 Skool, their debut single album.

BTS are no strangers to hitting No. 1 on iTunes, as they’ve shown they can sell songs like few in the industry. Their recent performance is especially notable, as they’ve been topping the tally with years-old songs–several of them, in fact.

No More Dream” marks BTS’s third No. 1 hit on the U.S. iTunes chart this week alone. A trio of older cuts from the beloved boy band have worked their way to the throne, pushed there by die-hard fans wanting to show their love as the group takes its hiatus.

Earlier this week, “Spring Day” reached No. 1 on the iTunes chart. On Wednesday, “Outro: Tear” also shot to the top spot on the purchase-only ranking. Specific sales totals haven't been made available yet for these two titles, but they may be shared in a few days.

ctto