StaRix

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ahira

Ricca said:

ahira

said:

Bookmarked. So excited for this. I just recently watched Reply 1997. And it was so so cool! Well researched. Thanks for the updates! :)

Answer Me 1997′s sequel courts parents for a reunion
Cable darling Answer Me 1997′s sequel project is finally starting to cast, and first up are the roles of Mom and Dad: Sung Dong-il and Lee Il-hwa are being courted to return to the franchise and steer a brand new family through the murky waters of adolescence. I normally never get excited about who gets cast as parents in a drama, but these two were pitch-perfect and such a huge part of what made 1997 so great.

922925_156025707900302_2050098685_n.jpg

The follow-up drama will be set in 1994, with a focus on the basketball craze of the era. It’s being called both Answer Me 1994 and Basketball Extravaganza, but either way it’ll have a similar setup with a family and a bustling cast of youngsters at the core. 1994′s idol du jour is of course Seo Taiji, and in keeping with the Answer Me tradition, pop fandom will play a big part. Now if they could get him to cameo, that’d be something.

Sung Dong-il and Lee Il-hwa really played the full gamut in 1997, from slapstick to raw emotion and heart, and had some of the best chemistry among all the characters on the show. I’m a little scared that no set of characters will top their 1997 couple, and I don’t want anything to sully the memory of that. But I do trust these writers and this pair of actors, so I’m mostly excited for the reunion and more unforgettable hijinks from Mom and Dad in 1994 if they sign on.

Answer Me 1994, Basketballopalooza, or whatever it’s called, is gearing up for a September premiere on tvN.

Via Hankook Ilbo, https://www.facebook.com/Dramabeans?directed_target_id=0

Guest sicknine

I can't wait to see Sung Dong Il in this sequel again. I think I'm his fans after watched Appa, Odiega. How dorky he is in there :))

Seong Dong-il possibly in "Answer Me 1997 Season 2"

photo304442.jpg

Actor Seong Dong-il might star in the 2nd season of "Answer Me 1997 Season 2".
The role he would be playing is unsure as the synopsis hasn't been completed yet but the first season was a success and it's a good drama so he is trying to fit in the drama to his busy schedule.
Seong Dong-il appeared in "Answer Me 1997 Season 2" as a married couple with Lee Il-hwa.
"Answer Me 1997 Season 2" will be based in the year 1994 when basketball was a great trend then as well as the time Seo Taiji brought up a storm. The drama aims for September this year.
Source : tvdaily.mk.co.kr/read... ( English )

http://www.hancinema.net/seong-dong-il-possibly-in-answer-me-1997-season-2-55385.html

Guest ahira

I hope they could give us some info on their preparations. I'm just getting excited of it. Sept is coming! keke.
;))

Answer Me 1997′s sequel to be about basketballby girlfriday | April 6, 2013 LastMatch1.jpg

girlfriday: There’s new news on the Answer Me 1997 follow-up drama, which was being called Answer Me 1994 up until now… Apparently it’s going to be a basketball drama. Huh? As in Last Match Redux?

javabeans: Whaa? Is that awesome, or too much meta jokery? We’d be the last to have a problem with any sort of Last Match referencing — our love for that trendy-college-sports-romance series is enduring and unabashed — but it seems like an odd genre mashup. K-pop and sports? It’s because 1997 was so heavily music-oriented, with the plotlines and also the usage of songs in the show.

girlfriday: Yeah I thought they were gearing up for Seo Taiji ‘94 version.

javabeans: I guess those were the two big trends of that year. And I can’t imagine that they’d make a basketball show in 1994 and NOT reference Seo Taiji making waves in K-pop. Still, I’m like, pick ONE thing!

girlfriday: It’s going to do both, apparently, though the title of the thing is (for now)Basketball Extravaganza. Er, that’s lame.

javabeans: Totally lame. From henceforth it shall be known as Basketballopalooza. Although they should just call it Slam Dunk: The Drama and be done with it. Or… wait for it… The Last Rematch.

girlfriday: Cue music! *Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dundundun*

javabeans: Okay you really can’t just spell out the riff like that. We’re not in your mind! Here we go:

girlfriday: Ah, memories.

javabeans: …all full of nostalgia and cringing and bad ‘90s hair.

girlfriday: I do love the 1997 team (PD Shin Won-ho and writer Lee Woo-jung) because they have seem to have the same memories of the ‘90s that we do, with all the same embarrassing loves.

javabeans: And supposedly the entire team is from the same college class (not necessarily the same school, but the same entry year of 1994), which gives them a pretty unique window into the time they’re portraying. Which isn’t always the case. The thing I loved about 1997 was that it felt like it was made by people with real, serious love for the time and place they were portraying.

girlfriday: YES. And if anyone were going to try and remake (or pay homage to) a classic like Last Match, these would be the people. I vote for a Jang Dong-gun cameo.

javabeans: I feel like he totally wouldn’t (it’s so in a different realm from his place in the biz), but he totally should. And the producers are getting in touch with Seo Taiji fan club members from back in the day, so you know that at least one of 1997’s trademarks is gonna come back for Basketballopalooza: humanizing crazy sasaeng fans all over again.

girlfriday: What that has to do with basketball is beyond me, but maybe ‘94 was just a mashup kinda year.

LastMatch2.jpg

Via Joongang

Link: dramabeans

Guest ahira

The casts of 'Reply 1997' to cameo in the second season of 'Reply 1994'

364b2421a870f5bcd50cde5cfcf2a7fb.jpg

For those of you who are missing the cast of 'Reply 1997', you guys no longer need to worry because they will be making a cameo appearance in the second season, 'Reply 1994'!
According to a broadcast representative, although their role hasn't been decided yet or when they will be making their appearance, Seo In Guk, Eunji, Shin So Yul, Eun Ji Won, Lee Si Un and Hoya were all requested to cameo on the drama.
In addition, Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa, the ones who played the role of the parents will be making an appearance too.
The second season will start airing on September.

http://ningin.com/b/v/the-casts-of-reply-1997-to-cameo-in-the-second-season-of-reply-1994/6415/#sthash.61R8vXsH.RMEaOsPZ.dpbs

ahira

said:

The casts of 'Reply 1997' to cameo in the second season of 'Reply 1994'

For those of you who are missing the cast of 'Reply 1997', you guys no longer need to worry because they will be making a cameo appearance in the second season, 'Reply 1994'!
According to a broadcast representative, although their role hasn't been decided yet or when they will be making their appearance, Seo In Guk, Eunji, Shin So Yul, Eun Ji Won, Lee Si Un and Hoya were all requested to cameo on the drama.
In addition, Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa, the ones who played the role of the parents will be making an appearance too.
The second season will start airing on September.

http://ningin.com/b/v/the-casts-of-reply-1997-to-cameo-in-the-second-season-of-reply-1994/6415/#sthash.61R8vXsH.RMEaOsPZ.dpbs

Go Ara, Jung Woo, Yoo Yun Suk, Kim Sung Kyun, and idol stars in talks to star in 'Reply 1994'

2013-06-20 23:58:00
B1A4-Baro-Tiny-G-Dohee-go-ara_1371787060

Go Ara, Jung Woo, Yoo Yun Suk, and Kim Sung Kyun are in talks to take on the lead roles in the spin off of the hit tvN drama, 'Reply 1997', 'Reply 1994'! 

Shin Won Ho PD revealed, "We are currently in talks with Go Ara, Jung Woo, Yoo Yun Suk, and Kim Sung Kyun. Although their contracts have not been finalized, they will most likely feature [in the drama]."

"I think that this is a lineup that may even surpass last season's lineup consisting of Seo In Guk, A Pink's Eunji, Shin So Yul, and Lee Si Un. I ask that you look forward to it."

Only Jung Woo's agency has revealed that it's been confirmed so far, while the others say they haven't finalized their decision as of right now.

'Reply 1997's Shin Won Ho PD and writer Lee Woo Jung will team up once again for the sequel to the hit drama, 'Reply 1994'. Go Ara is currently in talks to play the role of the daughter of Sung Dong Il - Lee Il Hwa's boarding house while Jung Woo, Yoo Yun Suk, Kim Sung Kyun, will play the college students living in the dorm.

Others who are said to have been cast for the drama include Tiny-G's Dohee,B1A4's Baro, and actor Son Ho Joon.

Are you excited for the all new 'Reply 1994'?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/06/go-ara-in-talks-to-be-the-lead-star-in-reply-1994

Archived