[Drama 2013] Answer Me 1994 / Reply 1994 응답하라 1994

StaRix

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jamaatunrohmah

@jamaatunrohmah I didn't know that there's someone who liked Yoon Jae-Joon Hee "Love Team"... :))But yeah, they were so cute. I liked Joon-hee's smiles when he's with Yoon-jae. keke. And I adore him because he easily accepted the fact that YJ and SH were in love with each other and he didn't have any bad feelings for SH. :-bd

indeed. joon hee - yoon jae moments are cute and sweet too. it's the first time i don't mind gays couple since they look so pure and innocent as any first love. actually i don't ship anyone in AM1997, i can accept who ends up with who since everyone is adorable.

Tiny-G Dohee attempts at "Answer Me 1994"

Source | 2013/07/08 

photo325799.jpg

Dohee from the girl group Tiny-G has confirmed to star in the cable channel tvN drama "Answer Me 1994".

Dohee takes on the role of a housemate in a home-stay in "Answer Me 1994" where college students from all over the world come up to Seoul.

Dohee said, "I don't know how it would seem to the viewers but I am working hard to do my best. I am honored to be in "Answer Me 1994" because I watched "Answer to 1997"".

The drama has so far cast Ko Ah-raYoo Yeon-seokJeong WooKim Seong-gyoon and more. to be aired this September.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

http://www.hancinema.net/tiny-g-dohee-attempts-at-answer-me-1994-57965.html

• 2 weeks later...

Guest eeldeerlove

class="entry-title"Reply 1994″ Cast Gathers For First Script Readingreply_zps26506a19.jpg

Reply 1994“, also known as the second season for tvN’s hit drama last summer “Reply 1997″,  turned into a full-scale production.

On July 19, the cast gathered together in one place and had their first script reading held at CJ E&M Center in Sangam, Seoul. It is written by Lee Woo-jung and directed by Shin Won-ho, the same team behind hit 2012 series Reply 1997. Cast includes Go Ara, Yoo Yeon-Seok, Jung-Woo, Kim Sung-Kyun, Sung Dong-Il, Lee Il Hwa, Min Do-Hee (“Tiny-G”) & Baro (“B1A4″).

Sung Dong-Il and Lee Il-hwa will play as a couple again (like their roles in previous season), parents of Go Ara’s character. They run a boarding house where three young men (Yoo Yeon-seok, Jung Woo, Kim Sung-kyun) from Gyeongsang Province room together while attending a university in Seoul.

Reply 1994 follows the pop culture events of that year, including the outgrowth of original K-pop group Seo Taiji and Boys and the Korean Basketball League. It airs on tvN in October.

cr: http://dramabucks.com/2030/news/reply-1994-cast-gathers-for-first-script-reading/

Guest NEWMARIO

Laughter Takes Over the Script Reading for ‘Reply 1994’

intresting
  •   
  • Facebookweiborenren
  • 0Rating

2013.07.23 13:20  CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong

Reply 1994 kicked off with a script reading including all the members of the cast. 

On July 19, Go Ara, Sung Dong Il, Lee Il Hwa, Jung Woo, Yoo Yeon Seok, Kim Sung Kyun, Tiny-G’s Do Hee, B1A4’s Baro, and more gathered together at the CJ E&M Center in Sangam-dong to start off the script reading for Reply 1994.

Director Shin Won Ho, the genius behind Reply 1997 told the cast that he will do whatever it takes to create a fun drama. “Since this is a place for all of us to get acquainted with each other, I hope that it will be fun.”

69469247.jpg

The script reading ran a total of three hours as the actors read the scripts of five episodes, each seriously focusing on his or her character and adding laughter to the ongoing session. 

Go Ara also revealed her new 1994-styled haircut to fit her character of Na Jung, who is a fan of basketball player, Lee Sang Min. She even wore overalls, adding a nice touch at the reading. 

Reply 1994 is focused on a boarding house with students who have traveled from the countryside to Seoul for college. The story will be about what the students will go through as they experience Seoul, the basketball tournament obsession, Seo Taiji and Kids, and other social issues that occurred in 1994. 

28865569.jpg

While Reply 1994 primarily focused on Busan, Reply 1994 will include characters from different regions and will add humor as people of different dialects try to communicate with each other.

The drama will begin filming at the end of July and will broadcast in October. 

Photo Credit: tvN

Guest jjsweeter0211

Go Ara, Jung Woo, Tiny-G's Dohee, B1A4's Baro and more test out their chemistry in first script reading for 'Reply 1994'

go-ara_1374551195_af_org.jpg

The cast of tvN's highly anticipated drama 'Reply 1994' got together for their 1st script reading!

Go AraJung WooYoo Yun SukKim Sung KyunTiny-G's DoheeB1A4's Baro, Son Ho Joon, Yoon Jong Hoon, and more tested out their chemistry at CJ E&M Center, Seoul on the 19th. 

PD Shin Won Ho encouraged the cast and staff and stated, "We will create an entertaining drama no matter what... As we are all working together, I hope we make it fun."

'Reply 1997's PD Shin Won Ho and writer Lee Woo Jung have teamed up once again for the sequel, or should we say prequel, to the hit drama. Go Ara will play the role of the daughter of Sung Dong Il - Lee Il Hwa's boarding house while Jung Woo, Yoo Yun Suk, Kim Sung Kyun, will play the college students living in the dorm. 

Filming for 'Reply 1994' will begin later this month and the drama will air in October.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/07/go-ara-jung-dohee-baro-and-more-test-out-their-chemistry-in-first-script-reading-for-reply-1994

Guest apaul15

joining this thread...bookmarked this thread...i don't really know the lead actress..but i'm looking forward to this drama...i hope its as good as Reply 1997...it will be challenge for the whole production team and the actresses for this drama to match up with Reply 1997...and oh..i'm excited because i see baro part of the cast :D

Guest jjsweeter0211

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS

Answer Me 1994 holds first script read

by girlfriday | July 23, 2013 | 

1994_3.jpg

You know, I wasn’t expecting very exciting pictures from Answer Me 1994′s first script read, but then I saw Go Ara. She came to the reading dressed in character! How cute is she? The actress ditched her long tresses and her usual ingenue look for a short bob and came dressed in ’90s style du jour. She looks like a different person altogether, and I have to say, that kind of dedication and enthusiasm makes her really endearing in my eyes.

In this follow-up drama to last year’s cable phenom Answer Me 1997, fangirl madness will still be at the center of the story. Go Ara plays a diehard basketball fan, who is particularly obsessed with basketball player Lee Sang-min. Ah, so he’s this year’s Tony Oppa? I adore that she came to the script read with a team t-shirt on, looking every bit the part.

She plays the daughter of Sung Dong-il and Lee Il-hwa, who run a boardinghouse for Kyungsangdo kids transplanted in Seoul. Jung-woo (You’re the Best, Lee Soon-shin), Yoo Yeon-seok (Gu Family Book), and Kim Sung-kyun (Covertly Grandly) play three of the college boys who live in the house.

It’ll be a campus-set drama in the era of the basketball craze and Seo Taiji and Boys, and promises the same kind of warm family drama that was at the heart of Answer Me 1997, along with the PD and writer’s particular brand of throwback pop culture nostalgia. Shooting begins at the end of the month, and the premiere has been pushed back to October. Ack. Just what I need — a clusterfuck of crack dramas. Let’s hope some of them are actually good; I mean, we might as well be rewarded for the crazy, right?

Answer Me 1994 premieres in Octobergeddon on tvN.

1994_4.jpg

1994_5.jpg

1994_2.jpg

1994_1.jpg

Via TV Report

Guest jamaatunrohmah

Thanks for the picture galore. Why october seems so long? Can't hardly wait it.

I like the fact that while the big three compete to grab famous actors, this cable station concentrates on building great team inside. Not that I don't like dramas from the big three, but most drama in tvN are just refreshing and adorable, with not too many familiar famous faces. :)

[size=2]

apaul15

said:[/size]

joining this thread...bookmarked this thread...i don't really know the lead actress..but i'm looking forward to this drama...i hope its as good as Reply 1997...it will be challenge for the whole production team and the actresses for this drama to match up with Reply 1997...and oh..i'm excited because i see baro part of the cast :D

Guest jjsweeter0211

Ko Ah-ra has short hair

Source | 2013/07/23 |

photo329668.jpg

tvN released pictures of the "Answer Me 1994" script rehearsal on the 23rd. "Answer Me 1994" is the second season of the first drama "Answer to 1997".

Seong Dong-ilLee Il-hwaKo Ah-raJeong WooYoo Yeon-seokKim Seong-gyoonDohee (Tiny-G), Baro (B1A4), Yoon Ho-joon, Yoon Jong-hoon and more appeared for the rehearsal.

Ko Ah-ra's unique fashion drew the eyes. She cut her long hair short and wore overalls that were a trend in the 90's. She takes on the role of Na-jeong, a major fanatic of basketball player Lee Sang-min.

Sin Won-ho the producer claims, "I am going to make it a great drama".

Meanwhile, based in the background of a hostel where students from all over the country gather under, "Answer Me 1994" is a story about students to make their way to Seoul for college.

Source : sports.donga.com/3/al... ( English )

Guest NEWMARIO

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 2.4em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: inherit; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.375; "Photos of “Reply 1994″ Script Reading Session ReleasedPosted on 2013/07/24 by Lee Eun Ah in TV with 0 Comments

The reading session for "Reply 1994." [CJ E&M]

The script reading session for “Reply 1994.” [CJ E&M]

Photographs of B1A4′s Baro and actress Go Ara taking part in the first script reading session for the second season of “Reply 1997″ have been released.

The show’s promoter CJ E&M revealed the photos for “Reply 1994″ taken on July 19 through a press release on Tuesday.

The reading session took around three hours during which the cast members read through five episodes, the promoter added. The show will go into filming in late July and premiere on cable channel tvN in October.

The drama will show characters who are born in different parts of Korea yet are living in the same housing in Seoul. The story will focus on the friendship among the characters as they support each other while living far from their homes.

Other notable cast member include actors Jung Woo, Yoo Yeon-seok, Kim Sung-kyun, Sung Dong-il and K-pop girl group Tiny-g’s Do Hee.

“Reply 1997,” which premiered last July, revolved around teenagers living in the city of Busan and showed the fan culture that emerged in the late ’90s when first-generation idol groups such as H.O.T. and Sechs Kies were popular.

Reporter. Lee Eun Ah domino@tenasia.co.kr
Editor. Jessica Kim

Courtesy of CJ E&M

Archived