[Drama 2013] Answer Me 1994 / Reply 1994 응답하라 1994

StaRix

In the article said that Seo In Guk&Euji and comp will make a cameo appereance as well,i guess they will be in school because it's in 1994 here,curious how will conect them to the main here...I'm not going to say anything about any actor before seeing them in action,hope it will be a blast...i don't really think of this as a sequel to Answer Me 1997 because i don't want to compare them and so i can enjoy them better...I'm happy to see Yo Youn Seok in a positive rol,i know she plays evil dudes quite good but i like that he recived this oportunity to be main as well...Like i said in another post i love that the action takes place in college and not highschool,they should make more dramas like this:x

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miky88 said: In the article said that Seo In Guk&Euji and comp will make a cameo appereance as well,i guess they will be in school because it's in 1994 here,curious how will conect them to the main here...I'm not going to say anything about any actor before seeing them in action,hope it will be a blast...i don't really think of this as a sequel to Answer Me 1997 because i don't want to compare them and so i can enjoy them better...I'm happy to see Yo Youn Seok in a positive rol,i know she plays evil dudes quite good but i like that he recived this oportunity to be main as well...Like i said in another post i love that the action takes place in college and not highschool,they should make more dramas like this:x

Guest jamaatunrohmah

Now, I think I will have a different opinion toward yoo yoon seok in the future. I have never acknowledge him before, eventhough I watch Architecture 101 & Gu Family Book. I am excited. :)

Tiny-G's Dohee is a Confirmed Cast Member for "Answer Me 1994"

tv-moviesposted by PAK on 22 June, 2013 at 09:20 pm
14303-m7etj0y1hd.jpg

Tiny-G's Dohee has been confirmed as a cast member for the "Answer Me 1997" follow-up, "Answer Me 1994". The news was revealed through Tiny-G's official twitter account.

"Have you all heard the good news?? Tiny-G's Dohee will be featuring on 'Answer Me 1994'!!! Please look forward to 'Answer Me 1994', the sequel to 'Answer 1997'!!!" the twitter message read along with a picture.

"Answer Me 1994" has already officially cast Sung Dong IlJung WooYoo Yun Suk, and Kim Sung Kyun. There are rumors that B1A4's Baro and actor Son Ho Joon will also be cast in the drama.

"Answer Me 1997" was a highly successful drama in 2012, and had ratings of 6.4% at one point, an impressive feat for a show on a premium channel. That year, main leads reaped awards, winning in all categories they were nominated for, at all award shows.

jpopasia

Guest jjsweeter0211

Yoo Yeon-seok, "I'll try my best in "Answer Me 1994""

Source | 2013/06/24 |

photo321456.jpg

Yoo Yeon-seok from the movie "Architecture 101" and MBC drama "Gu Family Book", has confirmed to star in the tvN drama "Answer Me 1994".

Based in the year 1994, this drama stars Yoo as a home-stay student in Seoul and show something new.

Basketball, Seo Taiji, the American World Cup and such are some of the things that were popular during that time and therefore this drama should highlight some of the memories for anyone who was there at the time.

Yoo claims, "I am happy to be in the sequel of something that I enjoyed in the first season. I feel pressure but I am going to do my best".

Meanwhile, "Answer Me 1994" is a sequel to "Answer to 1997" last year and is a collaboration between producer Sin Won-ho and writer Lee Woo-jeong-I. To be aired this September.

Source : star.mk.co.kr/new/vie... ( English )

Yoo Yun Suk confirmed for a role on 'Reply 1994'

2013-06-25 02:30:00
It's now been confirmed that Yoo Yun Suk might be the next Seo In Guk to capture women's hearts in the sequel or should we say prequel of the hit tvNdrama, 'Reply 1997', 'Reply 1994'!

It was previously revealed that Go Ara, Jung Woo, Kim Sung Kyun, and Yoo Yun Suk were in talks to star in the drama, and for now, the list of confirmed starscurrently include Jung Woo, Tiny-G's Dohee, and Yoo Yun Suk!

Yoo Yun Suk shared, "I enjoyed watching 'Reply 1997' so it is an honor for me to take part in the sequel. As the former drama received a lot of love, I will do my best to meet the viewers' high expectations. I ask for your love and support."

'Reply 1994' will premiere this September!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/06/yoo-yun-suk-confirmed-for-a-role-on-reply-1994

Thanks for the update @jjsweeter0211! :) Got another article about it...

laquetahodge said: I know it's inevitable, but I do hope that it won't be looked at as a sequel because technically it isn't. I want this drama to have a fair shot and be fairly judged a part from Answer Me 1997 due to the separate plot lines. I know that won't happen, but wishful thinking I guess. 

laquetahodge said: I know it's inevitable, but I do hope that it won't be looked at as a sequel because technically it isn't. I want this drama to have a fair shot and be fairly judged a part from Answer Me 1997 due to the separate plot lines. I know that won't happen, but wishful thinking I guess. 

Guest sicknine

I'm still in denial state that AT97 will have a sequel. Don't get me wrong. It's way back to 1994. I wonder how cheesy and ridiculous the fashion are during that time =)) . And I never know Korean love basketball during that time? I always thought basketball was always dominated by Chinese in Asian. Maybe I'm growing up in Chinese guy playing basketball neighborhood :)) Even my Dad was a basketball player..

@Miky88Agree! And to think of it, Go Ah Ra is not an idol but really an actress, always has been... And you're right that what we could be worried about is the comparison of people between the two dramas. Hope they'll have a fair judging.
@sicknineMe too! I was a bit surprised when I first read the articles about the story, that it would be something about basketball. As far as I know, popular sports in Korean is baseball, right? Even Shi-won (Eunji)'s father (Sung Dong-il) was a baseball couch in AM1997. I'm not sure why it is about basketball. ;))

Guest sicknine

@ricca Yes yes! Current popular sport in Korea is baseball. But back in 1994, basketball is dominated in Korea :)) We just don't know yet. 

Guest bloomingsky

Wow wow~ I will support this drama because I like Go Ara in her Heading to the ground, and Yoo Yun Seok in Gu Family Book; I haven't seen Answer Me 1997 yet but I already downloaded it, hmmmm... is it good? :) . :x Let me camp on this thread. And hello hello everyone! :)

bloomingsky

said: Wow wow~ I will support this drama because I like Go Ara in her Heading to the ground, and Yoo Yun Seok in Gu Family Book; I haven't seen Answer Me 1997 yet but I already downloaded it, hmmmm... is it good?

:)

. :x Let me camp on this thread. And hello hello everyone!

:)

Guest jamaatunrohmah

bloomingsky said:

Wow wow~ I will support this drama because I like Go Ara in her Heading to the ground, and Yoo Yun Seok in Gu Family Book; I haven't seen Answer Me 1997 yet but I already downloaded it, hmmmm... is it good? :) . :x Let me camp on this thread. And hello hello everyone! :)

Hi @bloomingsky! :-hWelcome to our thread. AM1997 is one of the best drama of 2012. It took cable channel by storm. Rating were so high. Eunji won the best actress at Baeksang for her role in AM1997. It's one of my favorites too! :-bdHope you could watch it. :)

indeed... surprisingly AM1997 was so funny, cute, sweet yet real. the awkward moments are deadly hillarious. less kdrama cliches. each character is well written. no protagonists no antagonists. everyone has their own story. little spoiler here, actually i wanted joon hee to get yoon jae since they are sooo adorable together. and because of that, everytime i watch K. Will mv, Please Don't (the one with seo in guk, ahn jae hyun and sistar's dasom) i can't stop laughing as in the end of the mv shows that he is a gay. =))

Archived