Funny things we notice in Korean dramas

Guest eunbyeol3141

petito said: First time here :) Hahaha, I love this thread, can't stop reading :)) I thought a few too, I hope they are not posted yet.
1) There is always someone having indigestion and blaming the other side for it. And the traditional treatment for indigestion is only a needle and thread. Does it work??
2) Matchmaking date is a must-have. But it's mostly a failure, because the other side is also having a matchmaking date on the exact same day and hour in the exact same restaurant or cafe. OR usually the male lead rushes in while our girl is on a date, grabs her and the other guy is just sitting and staring at them walk away. 
3) CPR-ish kiss. The girl or guy faints or falls into the sea (but can't swim) or eats something s/he shouldn't have and the other gives him/her a CPR which you can hardly call a CPR. That's why the result is mostly getting slapped :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chocolatediamonds

atomichighfive said: There will be at least 1 horrendous hairdo!

There will always be a soju drinking scene with the lead getting drunk and then getting piggy backed home.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• [*]
After "aja aja fighting!" The next sentence often said by leads is "Will you take responsibility/I will take responsibility."[*]Female lead, no matter how poor still manages to dress (with matching accessories) so stylishly.[*]Male lead has to protect the female lead at all costs! (*coughs I Hear Your Voice, Secret)[*]Gotta send someone abroad because it's the only "solution."chaebol, if it ain't the lead, it's the second male lead.Elders (usually mothers of female and or male lead) often scream aigoo.[*]One-sided love lasts for YEARS. (Can anyone beat Hwi Kyung's 15 yr. love for Cheon Song Yi from YWCFTS?)[*]The camera pans at a person who is about to drink his/her beverage but stops to say "really?" after the person sitting across of them just revealed a secret, confession, or problem.[*]"Let's talk" scene is usually accompanied with male dragging female's wrist. (and almost always, female resists until they've reached their destination-which btw, is usually a lavish restaurant or coffee shop.)[*]In general, Koreans have bionic ears (can hear something 20-30 ft. away) but when they have to hear something truly important, they don't -.-[*]Get hospitalized from stress and fatigue. If not, it's cancer, amnesia and never some sort of rare disease. If it is amnesia, it will always be temporary or it'll be selective memory loss as to "protect" his/her love ones.[*]Blood transfusions will reunite a lead to his/her biological or abandoned parent.[*]In chaebol families, the wife was either a gold digger or had an affair with her first love leaving husband single and cold-hearted.[*]When drinking soju, gotta have that sound effect that it tastes really good. We often hear leads talking amongst themselves too. But when it's rich people. they're drinking wine and we hear their thoughts in the background.I don't wanna mention karaoke scenes 'cause that's part of their culture, much like sauna scenes wherein they wrap that white towel on their head.

Guest poethreebouvier08

I'm not sure but what catches my attention the most is that

I watched a lot a scene of both leads riding a bus together and one of them (mostly the male lead) is sleeping and leaning on his girl's shoulder. The girl feels burdened a bit but then she sto smile. Eventho' the situation is so awkward at first. Haha. And then we can hear the OST is being played.

:):)) :):);))

+ I always notice how quickly it goes from day to night.

+ What really irks me is when two people are talking about a secret another person shouldn't know, but the third person happens to appear, directly in at least one person's point of view (nearby them, too), but he/she doesn't notice so they go on talking about it so the third person finds out the truth.

+ Whenever they need to talk, even just to say something little, they must meet in person as if it is too hard to say it over the phone.  Most of the confrontations are done face-to-face after making a phone call to the other person they hate, which we know doesn't happen often in reality.

+ Whenever they rush to the hospital, they never find a parking space.  They just park right in front of the hospital entrance and dash inside.

+ A sick character grabs some pills, shoves it in their mouths, and the pain goes away instantly.

I do enjoy watching Korean dramas, but some things are just really ridiculous.

Guest vbabe0819

The old chaebol's second or third wife is always a previous actress/model.  :))
I agree about the gigantic phones, sometimes it's bigger than their face
The famous k-drama u-turn.. I always wonder how come none of them ever get a speeding ticket
The classic first love never dies, everyone stays a virgin until they reunite with their first love..

I recently observed the small suitcase on the male side.  In "Samsaengi" Ki Jin had lived in a house for decades.  He dressed well and had a closet full of suits.  When he left he packed everything in a suitcase the size of large briefcase.  With all that high tech packing, the departing person always leaves a single garment in the closet.  The people left in the house see the single garment hanging on the rack and have to confirm that the other person has left by opening the otherwise empty closet.

Guest jiminshii

- They always take out the battery from their phone whenever someone they don't like calls them or msges them :)) - They always get drunk whenver they become upset, and the place they drink is always inside a tent thingie where and old lady sells spicy rice cakes. or for rich ppl, its always in bars and such :))  ^0^ 

When a man and woman kiss, the man often hooks his arm around the back of the woman's neck or grabs the back of her head to press her mouth to his.  The man uses his thumbs to wipe the tears from the woman's eyes.

• 4 months later...
Guest minjjangxx1846

Their hugs are always really awkward, and same with kisses (except in Playful Kiss and Secret Garden -- they really went full on haha)

• 1 month later...

Archived