[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@pegster

Most K-drama's don't show much anyway, they could be ban if they do. The whole scene with DK showed us WY stepped in, the scene with TH showed us the aftermath, they had moved from one bed to the other. The use of fade out/blur out has been a common tool to announce a passage of time.

This is not just in K-dramas, even US and European films use the same technique.  There was no need for skin showing or eye bawling, I've already explained my understanding of the scene and SN's reaction.

I don't think it was ambiguous and I doubt they will refer to this scene again in the next episode. It is what it is.

We will just wait and see what they do next, I'm putting my money on them not 'explaining' it further.

I do watch C-drama, J-Drama, Thailand and Taiwan dramas as well and it was clear cut for me that he raped her.

Oddly enough this wasn't even the scene with the most impact for me, SN's conversation with Maha and ED was way more interesting.

Guest adjani1430293095

Pegster: totally agree on the c dramas... er .. so much more pain in those historical dramas considering... in those days, torture was "sanctioned".. even the cutesy piece Huang Zhu Ge Ge had fingers pulled off.. etc.. and the rape scene in the hit Lan Ling Wang.. (which was required by plot mind you)... but thats a bit off now. K drama is meant for kdrama audiences so the DK and SY scene already caused a backlash, it is likely that if it was meant to be a similar issue with the TH and SY one.. they could only allude to it (assuming you consider whats shown as such and not as is)... I am more concerned with how my fav drama has turned into a slightly messy one .... *sob*... so many enemies so little time.. and  well.. sigh I wait to see how its resolved. 
pegster said: lorac said: Pegster said...
@tessiero I could be wrong about WY's innocence because you never know what the writers will do.  They've provided clear hints that he isn't innocent, but that could change, like everything else in the story.  Just look at the couples.  They advertise one couple during the promotions, but clearly now the that has changed.

The reason why I watch EK is because I like HJW and want to relax after work but the thing is I'm felling stressed after watching those last couple episodes.

There must be some reasons why the writer did this but I just think he really makes it goes too far, even based on historical story or his own imagination.

Anything we could do to make him or MBC realize what happened and change the way he's doing thing, for those last six episodes? or we can just stop watching it:)

i wouldn't be surprised if the writers decided to change the R scene and throw in a flashback to show nothing happened as damage control after seeing all the negative responses towards that scene.

The writers seem to be changing their minds all the time, trying to please certain fans, indecisive whether to follow the novel or stick to the original history, and worried that the elimination of the villains would affect the ratings. If they have decided to go that way, then just let it be and focus on the development of the story, instead of changing the story all the time. The way they drag the whole ET clan story is one good example that hindered the development of the story.

right now, i only hope that they focus on showing SN's journey in becoming the empress since there are only 6 episodes left and yet there are still so many unsolved matters and new problems emerging.

Guest lorac

Based on what I have watched and understood, I have no doubts that WY did use SN, or if you want to put it in other words, he did sell the explosives chemicals to Yi Han Gok. 
Pegster... I much prefer your second choice of words. Maybe we can agree they used each other. Wang Yu is not completely to blame, nor is Seungnyang, they just ended up in a miserable and tragic relationship. Maybe I can blame Seungnyang a little for that. Even though she heard that Wang Yu was getting married she could have done something. She didn't have to turn her back on him completely and follow her revenge.
Maybe that's one thing about this drama that gets me, no one confirms, they just accept whatever they are told. You'd think that Wang Yu would have wanted real proof that she was dead, even to finding the body, but no, he just mopes around with a broken heart. At least he didn't lose his voice.
Here I am, trying to rewrite the story. That's an exercise in futility.
And speaking of Chinese dramas even thought I might be a little off topic, ever watch Xing Ziong or Imperial Guards with Huang Hai Bing? That is my fave Chinese drama of all times. My kingdom for subtitles on that one.

@lorac

Is Imperial Guards with Huang Hai Bing the one with Ning Jing? Or is there another one?

@Jessie15 Is there really negative reactions about this in Korea? I didn't really check so didn't see it. Even on the youtube video there is split opinion about it.

Just thought of something, does Eunuch Bang know that SN knows Maha is not TN's son? I tried to re-watch but couldn't tell if he knows.

Father and son. Is the hat Ayu is wearing signifies him being the crown prince?

b853c976c12111e3be750002c9d75b5e_8.jpg

Caption: 우리아유랑..!! 오늘도 좋은하루^^

(I think it says: it's a good day)

da379d2ec12111e3a4e30002c9c788d4_8.jpg

Caption: 아빠와 아들ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

(Father and son)

JCW Instagram

Guest lorac

tieuyeunu said:

@lorac

Is Imperial Guards with Huang Hai Bing the one with Ning Jing? Or is there another one?

Yes, that is the one. I watched it years ago and still have the VCD boxset.

@ChelSeaS, the pic in the spoiler tag is hilarious! It's true, and that is what I expect.  :)) There is an article on KDramas, it's said that "Dr. Stranger" drama is delayed in airing because it doesn't dare to have its first episode to compete with the final episode of the unbeatable Empress Ki on Monday night April 29th. I feel a little sad. It's going to end soon, and I will miss the cast very much, especially my handsome Emperor.  :((

Guest Issy_1

Regarding the R scene, we wouldn't be talking about possibility of flashbacks in next ep if it wasn't for SN's strange loving look at TH and what she said after what happened (based on how we established SN's character in past 44 eps). So saying They might change their mind to please some fans is irrelevant. If flashbacks were shown in next ep, it means they definitely had planned for (remember SN's behaviour) it previously.

If there was no flashbacks, indeed it will show their sloppy and bias writing to maximum. If there was no flashbacks, SN will feel out of her character for showing such emotions at times like these.

This is definitely out of TH's character after spending 42eps establishing this is something he would not do. He didn't kiss her when she was drunk in his room, he didn't force her to sleep with him when she was his concubine and now suddenly this?

As one of my twitter friend said " better he had strangled Maha with his own hands. This would have been sufficiently horrible and more believable than the R scene"

At least that would have been consistent with his hate feelings towards Maha even though we still know he's not capable of such act.

TH was never a man fit to be the emperor (still, how many kings and emperors were fit to do or were great rulers? History is full of such kings), he's weak, he gained his strength from SN... ALL fine and acceptable based on what we have seen. But stooping this low to make him a R?

Flashbacks or no flashbacks, I don't accept what drama tells me without questioning its possibility and logic. But hey, this is a kdrama. Logic is a stranger in kdrama land.

Edit

@pegster‌

I just realised we both written more or less same thing about R scene. I just wrote based on how I felt not reading back posts^^

Guest x1102107

eunuch bang runny nose ruin my mood for the whole week
:-win even SN did not cry as much as him with runny nose when she thought byul died
:)>- talking about overacting*oops i just need to rant....

Guest ravendark

I watched the last ep and now i dont think TH raped her. With clues; fully dressed (not under Garment seen at all) afterwards, SN'S sadness, TH'S light resentment in the morning (if it was rape he should be Cry ing and asking for forgivness. ) and that OST... Thèse all Thé signs of it wasnt rape but intention is there fo sure. I think He stopped an just ask to sleep Beside her. Yeah, thats what i hope.

46 Text Preview

Seung Nyang catches Maha, who passed out, and hugs him in tears. Seung Nyang and Ta Hwan want the murderer that tried to kill Maha to be revealed, and under the watchful eyes of the people, Bayan Khutugh is identified.

Seung Nyang tells Ta Hwan and Empress Dowager Hwang that there's one more thing she wants to reveal...

Guest hunterdd

starbright1234 said:

Interesting…the timing of the MBC video.  Someone’s in damage control mode. 

I always thought that scene would have made more sense if there was another scene in between, which would explain all reactions thereafter.  So, I feel the writers either were already going to show that middle scene as a flashback or were leaving the door open just in case of outrage. 

It’s not too late.  Fix it!  Fix it now, MBC!!!  So we don’t have to shower after every episode till the end.

Well it is not logic for lady ki to reveal maha identity as her son...it will gv Ed a chance to destroy lady ki completely..if lady ki revealed to paeha alone..i still think possible but if she revealed to ed n th ..i think she juz said maha is x th son tats all..and tis gv opportunity for prince ayu to be selected as crown prince