[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

susany2k5_1

said: In the preview of ep 9 where our BB King is running out of the gates , what is he saying? Can anyone translate? I just thought his voice is soooo sexy in that part!! Also the part where he runs over to SN as she's hanging out the washing. His intense stare is soooo electrifying, kill me already!!! Ahhhhhhh can't wait for ep9 now

:(

( why is mon so far awayyyyyy??

Guest avocado1430291863

Same with you guys..keep refresh this forum to get recent news or just read interesting thoughts from you guys...this is second saeguk that i've watched live...the first is baek dong soo....wow just realized they have the same lead ...jcw...i love him..hehehe

Guest susany2k5_1

I'm not sure if someone translated for you already, but if not, here you go:

@susany2k5_1

As he runs out of the gate he says, "I can't breathe! I can't take it anymore!"

WAhh~ thanks for the vid! I'm a TH shipper, but I love seeing how the drama is made. I totally LOL'd at the part where she's being "faux-carried" by JJ. He seems super strong in the video. Picking her up so many times with ease!

Ahhhhh ghamshamida chinguu!! Such a sexy voice from our BB King

Guest avocado1430291863

One think pop out my mind..huizong purpose after he get the throne is to take revenge...in the sixth episode he was very firm about that even "back stab" goryeo people and sn...although in the past he was a weak prince, i think right now he should start studying or making strategy to gain power in order to defeat yeon chul...but after he become emperor, he still lazy and doesn't study anything... so how can he becoming great ruler? Is the writer want that become role of sn mainly? what i want is the will to change is from himself..and in that difficult journey SN will teach, accompany, encourage him and give her shoulder to cry for uri baby king

@avocado

We have 42 episodes left dears.. a looooong way to go. Many things are about to happen and it will be a nerve wrecking roller coaster ride (Ha Ji Won is the guarantee of awesomeness. She basically live as her character and this is her longest drama ever, that means, she'll be better and better and better as KI Seung Nyang).

For SY.. to sit in that most respectable Empress seat, become Emperor's other half, bearing his Crown Prince baby (they have a son, future Emperor Ayushiridhar) and stay beside him for 37 years until he pass away at a young age (50 years old). Now that's a loooong way to go. Before all that happen.. she must first deal with her harbored vendetta towards Huizong, reside her feeling for Wang Yu, deal with all the bad people in the palace (Prime Minister and his family) and keep on alert and aware of her safety. Still a long way to go. And honestly, I don't get it why many people complaining about this drama is 50 episodes while they can't even deal with 16 episodes.. This is a colosal and historical drama. It ain't no Jang Ok Jung dears..

I'm so exciting to follow this drama even if it takes a year to finish. Bring it on! :D

Guest neoh yee yik

Haha..well I do agree with avocado tat we expecting TH to b working on his revenge against el-temur once he bcame emperor ...yet instead he seem lazy n playing around ..hahha mayb bcos there is no one there to teach him since bayan not in palace..tats why Sn wil play a big role to made himturn over a new leaf..or mayb TH will start put more effort when he realized Sn like a strong smart man like Wy ..haha

Guest Lyly1430292245

avocado said: One think pop out my mind..huizong purpose after he get the throne is to take revenge...in the sixth episode he was very firm about that even "back stab" goryeo people and sn...although in the past he was a weak prince, i think right now he should start studying or making strategy to gain power in order to defeat yeon chul...but after he become emperor, he still lazy and doesn't study anything... so how can he becoming great ruler? Is the writer want that become role of sn mainly? what i want is the will to change is from himself..and in that difficult journey SN will teach, accompany, encourage him and give her shoulder to cry for uri baby king

OMG.. so awesome and insightful dear.. wow I'm speechless.. for this drama.. I would be happy for extra 50 episode extention.. they have 40 or maybe 45 years ahead them.. those years are too long to be pressed in a 50 hours drama.. right?

I want to see their daily life activities after they get married.. I want to see their love, romance and blossoming husband and wife relationship. How SY will reshape Huizong.. I'm dying to see it.. SY pregnant, labour and hold her baby boy.. I WANT THEM all!!!

(greedy and hopeless ahjumma in despair)

Guest Lyly1430292245

SeGafanlady said: OMG.. so awesome and insightful dear.. wow I'm speechless.. for this drama.. I would be happy for extra 50 episode extention.. they have 40 or maybe 45 years ahead them.. those years are too long to be pressed in a 50 hours drama.. right? I want to see their daily life activities after they get married.. I want to see their love, romance and blossoming husband and wife relationship. How SY will reshape Huizong.. I'm dying to see it.. SY pregnant, labour and hold her baby boy.. I WANT THEM all!!! (greedy and hopeless ahjumma in despair)

Lyly

said:

SeGafanlady

said: OMG.. so awesome and insightful dear.. wow I'm speechless.. for this drama.. I would be happy for extra 50 episode extention.. they have 40 or maybe 45 years ahead them.. those years are too long to be pressed in a 50 hours drama.. right? I want to see their daily life activities after they get married.. I want to see their love, romance and blossoming husband and wife relationship. How SY will reshape Huizong.. I'm dying to see it.. SY pregnant, labour and hold her baby boy.. I WANT THEM all!!! (greedy and hopeless ahjumma in despair)

My ver. 4 love triangle: WY wiil be SN first love, TH - the last one. She falls in love with the WY, but her revenge will prevent them be together. And while she will take revenge to TH, then fall in love with him. :x So I vote 4 Ta Nyang couple :x :)>- happy end.lubov-203.gif

Lately, I don’t watch dramas while they are still airing, or wait at least till most episodes have aired. But then I watched this drama and I can’t stop watching. This drama, why can’t I quit you.

grgg1.gif

Some Quick notes about 7 & 8

1. I understand that they are filming in Hengdian World Studios (China), so they can’t have a lot of Korean actors, but there is no way the head eunuch would be involved in the lowly life of just brought into the palace slaves. That is a job for the head palace maid, who is below the lowest female officer, who is below the female officer in charge of the department of maids, who is below the officer who is in charge of the domestic servants, who is below the eunuchs who head departments, who is below the eunuch that works for concubines, who is below the eunuch that works for consorts, who is below the eunuch that works for the empress, who is below the eunuch that works for the empress dowager, who is below the eunuch that works for the princes (who themselves are ranked), who is below the eunuch that works for the emperor.

2. There is no way that recently brought in slaves, would already be allowed to have official functions, they would still be in training, learning the court etiquette. And that scene where one of the lowly maids, not even a royal serving maid, was able to identify the emperor would have likely been impossible. The palace is filled with thousands of women, most never even getting a chance to see the emperor, not even from afar, much less, being able to identify him on sight.

3. Someone like SN would never have passed the initial inspection with her battle scars and likely archery calloused hands. Maids or not, every woman in the palace belongs to the emperor, and someone with any form of blemish or deformity, would not have made the list, just on the off chance she gets the lottery of winning the emperor’s affections.

4. Our current Empress is so childish. Is she supposed to be feared? Maybe, she will show her true colors later. But, she doesn’t even look like a match for our future Empress Ki. Like HJW would chew her for breakfast and have her digested, before noon siesta, phish.

5. Love this drama. Really enjoying it. And I see them trying to showcase the grandness that has been missing from a lot of sageuks lately, so kudos to them. 42 more to go, Aigoo. Hanging in there! Fighting!

Hi empress ki fans, I'm a quiet visitor in this forum, but this drama is driving me crazy and I had to join the club with you guys
:D, This is the first historical kdrama I've ever watched just because I have full confidence in ha ji won (I've watched everything she is in).... from the start I knew it will be a hit....it's ha ji won of course. she can even turn a not so so director into a good one
 (What is your secret ha ji won shi :P) what I love about this drama is that it's different and I'm glad it did not follow historical facts ... otherwise it wouldn't have the dynamics it does now. But our empress hasn't chosen who she will love yet, will we have another What happened in Bali? actually I'm okay with that since I'm on both ships now (as long as it doesn't end the same) .. WY&SN's relation ship is interesting cause there both mature and have similar experiences. But we have not seen thier relationship develop, now it only reminds me of (I'm bad in memorizing Korean names) Chaok's (I think) relationship with her master in Damo.
TH&SN's chemistry is burning my screen and my eyes too :x (I need to not be single :P before I turn coocoo with this drama)
The way TH was looking at her in ep9 preview was heart melting, if I was her I will forget the whole revenge plan and start a journey for an empress :) Do you guys think he knows he is a she in the preview or just a look alike?
Now dankise is on board too so is it a love rectangle yet? :P  actually I like dankise developing interest for our future empress but hate that he is a psycopath still. maybe he will become a better person and help her but according to spoilers it doesn't seem so... so my theory, he becomes obsessed (since he is a coocoo psychopath) with SN and tries to win her but when there is no hope he will try to kill her according to the novel (if they will follow it's plot) but when that fails he will commit suicide lool just kidding... actually it's only fair for SN to end his life to avenge her mother's death.  the skinship between TH&SN is ...............can't even describe it  :\">
and as someone here mentioned there is a fair amount of stripping in this drama, even for the almost rape scene.
 Then I can only hope that the romantic scenes will be HOT,
:\">
Oh well just had to discuss this drama with someone since my friends are not into Kdrama
:(( have a wonderful day everyone!