What kdramas do you recommend

Guest natalieunnie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest seoulreal

My top five are:Boys over flowers (classic)Operation Proposal (I cried so much)Flower Boy Ramen Shop (Cute and entertaining)Secret Garden (Sooo good)Pasta (because I love food...esp. Italian)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest girlisgirl

My top 3

1. Nice Guy (i usually can't stad for melodrama but i finished this drama for 2days only)

2. A gentleman dignity (if you love a happy ending romcom )

3. good doctor (it has a unique storyline)

I really enjoyed different korean dramas/movies and for some rom-com, I'll suggest to you :
kdramas : three dads one mom (with eugene, loved it),  smile you (with lee min jung), Delightful girl choon hyang, witch yoo hee, romance zero, prosecutor princess with park shi hoo & kim so yun), Hello! Miss (with lee da hae), flower boy ramyun shop, fugitive plan B (it isn't a rom com, but it is funny, moving, full of suspens and action), paradise ranch, shining inheritance, protect the boss, the thousandth man (it's a melodrama, but still funny, interesting), the woman who still want to marry (with kim bum), twelve man in a year (loved it), and for dramas involving music : I loved Dream high, You're beautiful and What's up!
if you like DBSK, their banjun dramas are funny and lovely, as rom-com, there are : first love, dangerous love and unforgettable love :)
kmovies : sassy girl, innocent steps, baby and me, the beast and the beauty (with shin min ah), love so divine (with kwon sang woo & Ha ji won), antique bakery (a special one, with joo ji hoon), seducing Mr perfect (with daniel henney), almost love (with kwon sang woo, you'll find yourself laughing, crying and moved at the same time, a nice one), unstoppable marriage (with eugene), I'll watch "All about my wife", seems to be a funny movie, with Im soo-jung, and Kwang soo is in there too !!

I'm old and forgetful, so if I've already responded, please forgive me, bvut here are my current favourites based on the scores I've given them at mydramalist.com
Lighter/ sweet storiesQueen In Hyun's ManReply/Answer Me 1997 AND 1994Sungkyunkwan ScandalCoffee Prince Lie to Me
Thoughtful, female-focused dramasMy Name is Kim Sam Soon
City HallThe Woman Who Still Wants to Marry
I Hear Your Voice - noona romance/revenge melo.
Shining Inheritance - melodrama

The Answer Me series are both outstanding, in my opinion, while QIHM has possibly the best chemistry I've ever seen, of the 50 or so I've either finished or am currently watching. 

Guest floppygoon

Should try KBS's Secret if you haven't!! MUST WATCHHHHHH <3 http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2019700/current-drama-2013-secret-secret-love-비밀-episode-12-recap-by-falloutjane-page-347/

There are a lot of korean dramas dramas I recommend to watch but here is my list based on Genre. I tried to be as objective as can be

Romantic Comedy:

• [*]
Reply 1997 and Reply 1994 - favorite drama of all time. This is what you call a drama that has everything in it done perfectly. Writer Lee and Shin PD are the awesome duo who made this happen. Endearing characters and also endearing actors/actresses. It also has a slice of life and school genre to it.Delightful Girl ChunhyangGreatest Love, and My Girl - Hong sister team up (writers) done right.My Name is Kim SamSoon & Secret Garden - HyunBin Dramas at it's best King2Heart - A bratty prince and the assassin from the enemy camp try to get along, they cant cause they fall in love.Melodrama
  • [*]
Thank You - sick kid, closed minded villager, kind girl and jerk man, Its all thereMemories of  Bali - rich boy falls for poor girl ensues with another ambitious guy at the side a love story that should all be wrong but tug at the heart strings[*]Winter Sonata - the drama that launched the hallyu wave that stars the ever popular Yonsama[*]Will it snow for Christmas - when exacting revenge goes sour because girl falls for guy.. and then fast forward a few year where they reset and make things right when all things started wrong[*]Innocent Man & Secret Love - when taking the fall for the one you love makes dire consequencesMakjang
  • Scandal - has all the makjang trifecta icing on the cake: birth secrets, affairs and killings
  • Irene/Miss Mermaid - technically I don't know how it ended cause i was not about to watch the final week cause I went to a school trip, but the story of a girl exacting her revenge on her father and his mistress was just awesome
  • Baker King Takgu - Makjang that had 40% ratings
Action/thriller/Mystery
  • [*]
Heartless City - this is the story of an AntiHero in his quest to take his revenge at the world. [*]Girl K - 3 episode miniseries that you would wish it was longer or had season 2[*]Story of a Man - a story where the villain is just so awesome City Hunter - A mast vigilante who wants to take revenge on the people who he was taught to hate[*]Bridal Mask - another AntiHero with a patriotic purposeSupernatural/Fantasy
  • Nine - where time travel can only make ones life the source of hurt rather than solution
  • Vampire Prosecutor 1& 2 - A vampire using his powers to solve mysteries, what could be more charismatic and sexy as that
  • Queen In Hyun's Man - Another time travel story where our last century man falls for our very sneaky and forward leading lady
Saguek
  • [*]
Princess Man - romeo and juliet, korean style[*]Moon that Embraces the Sun - when their are two suns(possible King's) and two moons (possible queens) its all i can do to keep my heart intact for all the cute stuff and the heart carnage[*]Dae Jang Geum - really one long drama that I enjoyed from start to end[*]Dong Yi - where I really became a fan of Han HyoJoo[*]Sungkyukwang Scandal - Crossdressing and becomning roomies with two hot guys in the Joseon era. EPICQueen Seon Doek - you really just get mesmerized by the villain, Go Hyun Jong was just awesome as well as Kim Nam GilHigh schoolMa Boy - 3 episode series of cute highschool goodness with idols and crossdressingMonstar - when Sheep girl and charismatic idols start a love storySchool 2013 - The best highschool themed story to dateJungle fish 2 - the dark side of highschool lifeShut up Flower Boy Band - When being a rockstar is cooler than schoolSports
  • Last Match (1994) - when basketball and growing up is 
  • Running Goo - miniseries about childhood marathon rivals
  • There really is a few sports kdrama and the ones out are not that good
SitCom
  • Hello Francheska - Vampires living in the present. LoL 
  • Vampire Idol - the synopsis itself is just a ran for comedy with alien vampire come to earth to try be an idol.
  • Unstoppable Marriage - this is where I became a fan of SooYoung (SNSD) and its just hilarious hijinx one after another
  • High kick season 1 & 3 - just a brand of sit com I like
I know its not really a drama but what the Heck, I wstill recommend this  Variety Show
  • Xman - just funny, especially the "ofcourse" game
  • 1n2d - put a couple of guys, make a challenge for food and sleeping arrangements, do some games and its have me sold
  • Family outing - one family of all its weird connections get together for an outing
  • Dad Where are you Going - dad with kids and without mom. a situation of all funny circumstances.
  • We Got Married (Season1) - two celebrities will be acting as married couple. what could be more squeal worthy than that

Guest changminswife05

- Rooftop Prince
- My Girlfriend is a Gumiho

...and....that's it o.o
Sorry, I mostly watch J-Drama's than I do K-dramas. But the two I recommended are REALLY good. ^.^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wanna add these... cause these are just addition from what I posted in the previous page!!!

Romantic Comedy:

• You who came from the Stars - a stoic and humorless Alien meeting a bratty and not so smart top star, the premise itself was funny so it was just so easy to fall for this drama
  • Which Planet Are you From? - A director who lost everything after an accident, ends up having his new world jolted up by a provincial girl who is as sassy as they come. I know it sounds like a melo but man did it turn out so funny and with so much heart. I think this is the first drama that made me love Jung Rye Won
  • Brilliant Legacy - He is bratty and she is very optimistic, despite all things that happened in her life. and them getting on the wrong start is just what RomCom is all about
  • Flowers for my Life - a little "deathly and morbid" humor, as in literally a funny way to see and react regarding death!
  • Lovers in Prague - the ending was crappy but man, how can i not love it when this was Jeon Do yeon is at her most quirky yet most likable role ever. then add Ha jung woo, it was easily just icing on the cake!!!

Melodrama
  • A Thousand Days Promise - a tale about a situation when forgetting is a way to remember how to fight for love
  • Brain. Golden Time and White tower - medical drama, not really melo but it is all serious. additionally best beast acting...
  • A love to Kill - when killing just doesn't go as planned for a man who falls for the woman of his object target revenge
Makjang/Family
  • I am Sorry, I love You - when revenge is the more cruel when it is against ones' own blood
  • Happiness - not really all-on-makjang but i recommend this cause I just love the bickering and the story line of the youngest heiress daughter and the poor boxer. Made me a fan of Han Suk Jin forever
  • Can you hear my heart  - a deaf man who needs to show that listening to ones heart means more than just hearing their worlds.
  • Ojakgyo brothers - a rich girl suddenly finds herself an orphan and broke. what she is to do but to push herself to the land her parents owned yet where other people call home

Action/thriller/Mystery
  • Gapdong - serial killer come back after years of dormancy
  • Time Between Dog and wolf - a spy who goes undercover and has amnesia...
  • End of the World - when a deadly virus in a form of a carrier runs amok around the city
  • White Christmas - stranded high school kids in the hands of a psycho who makes it his goal to crack everyone mind
  • The Devil - A righteous cop who's past has come back to haunt him
Supernatural/Fantasy
  • Grudge: The fox Tail's child - When all a parent wants is to save their kid, and when that mother is a Gumiho, then everyone need to take cover
  • I Hear your Voice - When a guy can hear everyone's thoughts, what's a guy to do, help or stay uncaring?
  • Masters Sun - another Hong sisters writing done EPIC, with the heroine seeing all dead people!
  • 49 days - when a girls needs 3 evidence of true love to be back in the living, only to find out that she was not as loved as she thought
Saguek
  • Queen Seon Doek - you really just get mesmerized by the villain, Go Hyun Jong was just awesome as well as Kim Nam Gil
  • Damo - a police woman who by the law is slave and traitor
  • Empress Ki - a woman torn between emperors of two countries
  • Slave Hunters - a fallen noble man on the hunt to find and haunt down the woman who brought his life to the gutters
  • Cruel Palace - a woman who makes sure she schemes her way all things to get to the top
High school
  • Flower Boy Next door - when your rich boy falls for his teacher
  • Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy - a spoiled rich boy and the teacher that puts her foot down
  • God of Study - When aiming for college is more fun with friends
  • Puberty Medley - A transfer student who makes a choice to be distant yet get always roped in to care
  • Goong/ Princess Hours - when a girl suddenly finds out that she is arranged to marry the prince, when she is just in high school

Sports (Japanese)
  • Pride - Hoockey
  • Buzzer Beater - Basketball
  • H2 - Baseball
Variety Shows
  • Grandpas over Flowers / Noonas over flowers - from the evil mastermind Na PD
  • Running Man - just so fun!
    Movie
    • 200 pound Beauty - when a fat girl goes extreme makeover to change her life
    • Sassy Girl - EPIC, EPIC, EPIC
    • Il Mare - the one that was remade by Lakehouse
    • The Berlin File - Awesome Ha Jung Woo in a spy game between North and South Korea
    • Too Beautiful to Lie - Kang Dong Won is just so adorable here
    • Millionaire's First Love - Sweet sweet forgotten love that just needed a millinaire rich boy to be exiled in a provincial school to jog his memory on what is most important
    • So many more!!

Actions

City Hunter - for me, this is Lee Min Ho best drama so far. i really in love with his character here! manly, gentle yet handsome ;;) also, the action scenes are so cool.Gaksital - what's genre i should put Gaksital on? uh? i don't care. i really like Gaksital. the story is about a hero of Joeson who act like Japanesse dog to get indepence for Korea.Fantasy
  • Secret Garden - i wonder how it will be like when we are switching body with opposite sex? this story is funny yet make your imagination goes on. Hyun Bin really potrayed a girl's soul very well. esp when he teached how to used a bra lol
  • You Who Came From Stars - who doesn't like Kim Soo Hyun as your neighboor? aside of that, he is a man that come from another star! he can stopped time, running fast, and also teleport! just wow for this series! Jun Ji Hyun is really funny!! i laughed whenever i saw her scenes. also, Ahn Jae Hyun give a big blow for his acting career. love all the casts!!
  • 49 Days - i wonder what should i do if i know i just have 49days more to live? this series make me realize we should cherises a single minute of our lives. knowing all the truth is really painful. esp if you know what your closest person think about you in his/her mind alone. so scary to knew the reality. but big tumb for this series!
  • Master Sun - i'm so scary when i watched first episode. i dont know what i should do if i had a supernatural thingy like Gong Hyo Jin's character. ghosts are scary, but the reality is most scariest.
  • Arang and The Magistrate - Arang is a wondered ghost. she didn't know anything about herself and how she is death. until she met a person that can see ghost, she make that person bcome a magistrate.
FamilyOjagkyo Brothers - loveee it! it's a story between 4 brothers. their lives are quite and peace before the landlord of their farm are coming and going to sell the farm that they are living for years. love Joo Won and UEE chemistry here. but my favorite love story is Hwang Tae Bum and his wife :3 Ugly Alert - i don't know how ugly i look bcause i cried too much each episodes. you should watch this series and you would know what family mean is! really recommended.The Birth of a Family - even tho the story are dragging too far, but this one also my favorite. being a elder sister and adopted isn't really easy to live on. but, i love how they put new character to embrace the main actress. love the ending.History
  • Jang Ok Jung - it's a different view from Jang Hee Bin. how she fall in love with the King and until her death. sadly, her death was poisoned because of King's order. but this is series showing how the King really love his Hee bin.
Melodrama
  • Missing You - love Jin Goo and Kim So Hyun! love their chemistry and acting. haha. thanks i'm smiled most bcause of them. it's rmember me of my first love. so shy haha. but their relationship is not that long. Sooyeon and Jungwoo got kidnapped and Jungwoo escaped by himself, leaving Sooyeon alone make her believe that he abondoned me too. they met again after 14 years, but Jungwoo still can't get over towards Sooyeon.
  • Innocent Man - revenge for love. but it's ended you fall in love with the person that you used to take revenge to your ex. so many twist plot but still good to watch.
  • Secret - a girl version of innocent man, but the story are totally different. love how Ji Sung tortured Jang Eum bcause she caused his fiancee death, but ended fall in love with Jang Eum bcause he find out the truth eventually.
Romance
  • The Moon That Embrace The Sun - it's a love story between a King and a Shaman, who actually his death fiancee when they are young. the king thought his fiancee has death because of sickness. but when the Shaman appear in front of him, he reminder about his fiancee, she does really resemble her.
  • Babyfaced Beauty - 30years old and unemployed are hard to keep live on. because of her babyfaced face, she decide to pretend to be her younger sister to get a better job.
Romantic Comedy
  • The Greatest Love, love this series! cha seung won acting is superb, and gong hyo jin is so cute. i don't need explain that much, just wanna make you curious i would say 'you must watch this show!'
  • Full House, who doesn't know this series? i love full house!! still not bored watching this show even ten years has passed,
  • Protect the Boss, even tho i didn't like the main actress at first, but this series make me changed my mind about her. esp.you can also seeing Jaejoong's hotness here X3
School
  • Dream High -  school, music and love! totally love this school genre drama. i usually don't watch teenager's drama bcause i feel i'm too old to that. but i like this series.God of Study - whenever i watch this drama, i remember how my highschool is. you also will get tips how to study well.School 2013 - i usually hate bad-guy type. i'm almost ignoring all of those type when i'm in high school. but, this story is not just about a troublemaker student. but also about how strong their friendship. still shipping Lee Jong Suk and Kim Woo Bin! haha.Time Leapt
    • Rooftop Prince - entertaining! love this series bcause it's so funny. i know i should put this on RomCom's genre, but i would put this on time jump's section. hehe. love Joseon Power Ranger!
    • Queen In-Hyun Man - back and forth to Joseon and present is really a blessed. but, some part of history are changed bcause Kim Bung Do, the guy who leapt the times bcause of a charm. he a person that promise to protect Queen In Hyun on Joseon Era. but accidentaly, met an actress that acted as Queen In Hyun on present.
    • Marry Him if You Dare - yes I dare! lol. a old lady comes from future saying she is her future self and should avoid a man that destroying her.
Current Airing Drama :You Are All Surrounded - love how the writers brought the casts! the story is also good yet funny. Hotel King - even tho this story become boring lately, but this one is also on my 'must watch' lists. lovee DongWook and DaeHee's reunioun.uh-oh! i just realize that i wrote too much :-O

Archived